[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did Pixar get away with blatant Objectivist propaganda?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

How did Pixar get away with blatant Objectivist propaganda?
>>
>>83522074
no one who mattered watched it
>>
>>83522074
Syndrome, through sheer talent and hard work, makes himself the equal and even superior of the natural born "super beings." And all he wants to do is share these gifts with the world. He SHOULD be the good guy. But instead they make him murderous (for no real reason) and a dork so the audience can laugh at him, and he becomes the villain.

Meanwhile, the "heroes" just want to maintain their unearned privilege by keeping everybody else down, so they can remain "special." And the human race as a whole suffers for it, and we're supposed to cheer.

This is anti-Objectivism. Brad Bird has denied that TI is an Objectivist film, and I believe him. I almost suspect the Objectivist association comes from the Edith Head character resembling Ayn Rand.
>>
>>83522464
>But instead they make him murderous (for no real reason)
So he could be the only one capable of destroying the robot and be hailed as the hero.
>>
>>83522074
>>83522464
No one cares enough about Objectivism to make a movie for or against it.

It's a meme philosophy.
>>
>>83522526
Still not an Ayn Rand villain. Have you read her glorious works? Ayn Rand villains utilise the aristocracy of pull to suppress innovators, not actual talent and hard work. Any non-heroic Ayn Rand character who is gifted and works hard is a tweener not a villain (e.g. Gail Wynand)

Yup, this isn't Objectivist in any way whatsoever.

@83522613
Looter detected.
>>
>>83522657
Ayn Rand villains are just one big strawman for "collectivists".

The idea of collectivism is never explored in any real depth or serious criticism in Rand's stories. It's just portrayed as a mindlessly evil disposition that only weak, pathetic, malicious people could ever subscribe to.

It's bad writing. Dostoevsky wrote fictional criticisms of philosophies he despised, but he always represented said philosophies with sympathetic and even charismatic multi-dimensional characters.
>>
>>83522765
No, none of that is true, including what you said about Dostoyevsky. I'm skeptical you've read either author's works. Nice thaumaturgy attempt, though. Might have fooled a non-prime mover.
>>
Someone post that webm of Helen checking out her ass, could use a quick fap.
>>
>>83522613
"I played Bioshock, so I'm basically a philosophy major by now."
>>
>>83522815
It is absolutely true.

I've read Anthem and The Fountainhead. I'm not gonna read Atlas Shrugged because if I'm gonna commit to something that long I'll just read the fucking Bible.

Have you read Demons? What I said about Dostoyevsky is absolutely true, at least in that book.
>>
>>83522874
I challenge you to name five serious philosophers in academia who think there's any real value in Objectivism.
>>
>>83522941
You got me wrong, I was making fun of objectivist teenagers.
>>
>>83523088
Oh my bad, mah dude. I've never played Bioshock so I didn't get the reference.
>>
>>83522941
Oh, how dreadfully bromidic. You didn't even understand that you were responding to an ally, and you invoked academia as if that weren't well known Marxist primordial soup.
>>
>>83523140
>he thinks there are still Marxists in academia

Some philosophers pay lip service to it, sure, but no serious revolutionaries are allowed anywhere near a University's faculty. And for good reason: the bourgeoisie provide these people with their steady paycheck. They're not gonna do anything to seirously piss them off.
>>
>>83522464
>utter rubbish, the post.

Syndrome murdered off all the other supers specifically because he wanted to design the ultimate killing robot. Which he was then planning on selling worldwide.

He needed supers to test it. He lied to them in order to do so.

Syndrome wasn't a "hero." He was a deadbeat little kid with ideas far above his station who got put in his place by somebody who actually mattered.

And, like all odious little toads who get a faceslap full of reality he couldn't take it and decided he wanted revenge.

Kind of like you, op.

The world knows you're a jackass who'll never amount to anything and you're full of impotent rage. The only outlet is this and other forums you go onto and spout your nonsense in the hope of finding other like-minded (ie delusional) misfits where you can finally find peace.

Oh and Ayn Rand? Yeah. Edgy.
>>
>>83523188
Yes, yes, a professor didn't recently assault an Ayn Rand hero-supporter with a bike lock or anything, that would be outrageous.
>>
>>83523269
"Marxist" isn't a code word for anything you don't like.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.