[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the fuck was this shat on? It was much better than Alien

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

Why the fuck was this shat on? It was much better than Alien or Wonder Woman.
>>
>>83515354.
Fuck off Beckham, your wife's ugly and you haven't been good on field for years
>>
>>83515354

LADDISH
A
D
D
I
S
H
>>
>>83515354
as someone who wanted this to be good and usually likes guy richie films, this movie was abysmally mediocre

even my dad who absolutely loves guy richie thought it was forgettable
>>
I only saw the first 10 minutes of it, and I thought it looked interesting and exciting. Was the rest shit?
>>
>>83515354
It was absolute garbage
>>
>>83515354
Because they never went into Arthur's tax policy.
>>
is it worth seeing for Jude Law?
>>
>>83516088
>likes guy richie films
>this movie was abysmally mediocre

So you're saying you *didn't* enjoy it, right?
>>
>>83515354

People don't give a shit about Arthurian legend anymore. On top of that, Excalibur will always be the high watermark of film adaptations. I doubt it'll ever be topped.
>>
>King Arthur movie
>no Merlin
>no Knights of the Round

Take away all of that and it's just a generic "Dudes with swords" movie.
>>
>>83515354
I genuinely liked it, but I know it was not a great movie. The editing was strange (executive meddling?), the wizard girl could not act or speak english, and it leaned to heavily on the "Guy Ritchie Scene" of people bantering back and forth during a flashback or flashforward. I would say 6/10 at best, but I still enjoyed it.

>>83516414
Jude Law was easily the best part of the movie. It almost felt like he was part of a much better movie than almost all of the other actors.
>>
>>83516279
>Was the rest shit?

It seemed rushed and badly edited. Certain scenes almost felt like they were out of sequence. For example, halfway through the movie there is a scene that takes about 3 minutes where Arthur introduces his old crew from London to the Resistance fighters, but:

1. These guys have been living together for days, how do they not know each other?

and more importantly

2. The audience knows all these people. By introducing them you're wasting time.

There are several scenes that drag on far too long and prevented the movie from spending more time developing the characters. The movie is at its best when it's focused on streetwise guys carrying out crazy plans in London, and at its worst when it focuses on magic/high fantasy (except for the opening scene with Mordred and the giant elephants, which was great). Also, the number of times the audience is forced to watch the flashback of Arthur's parents dying is fucking absurd. If it was a drinking game, "take a shot every time you see Arthur's mom or dad die", I would have died of alcohol poisoning before the movie ended.
>>
Is it worth seeing for CIA?
>>
Fuck you all. I really enjoyed the movie. It had so much drive, the music was awesome and it was even funny at certain times.

Way better than all these fucking Marvel/DC superhero movies in the last years.
>>
>>83515354
It was alright but too much lad shit going on with the flashbacks etc. The stuff that actually played up the mythical elements was pretty cool and the final battle scene part with Arthur just menacingly dragging the sword was a great touch.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.