[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can't remember a movie, help?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 8

File: ship from memory.jpg (33KB, 782x552px) Image search: [Google]
ship from memory.jpg
33KB, 782x552px
Years ago (maybe around 2005 or 2007, definitely some time before 2011 though) I saw this movie I rented from Blockbuster and i remember it being pretty cool.
From what I recall, it was a CGI movie about this alien ship/AI that was like an Ark and was going from planet to planet across the galaxy trying to find a suitable one to terraform repopulate with the long dead alien race.
Along the way the AI is talking about all the planets while the movie is showing cool landscapes and creatures and it's also talking about the history of the alien race (I think they were called the Phlege of the Fledge, something like that)
All the planets aren't suitable except for the last one it finds towards the end but, from what pieces i remember, it may of had to genocide a race of beings on that planet to fulfill its mission
Either way, by that point the AI havd gone through all the history of its creators and their extinction through war or whatever and deemed them not worthy of surviving and i remember the ship crashing itself into the ocean
The end planet MAY have been an ancient Earth but I can't clearly remember
Does anyone have any idea at all what I'm talking about? Trying to remember this movie is a pain and finding it is a small obsession.
The MS paint pic is the best I can do for how I remember the ship looking.
>>
>>83511627
Boku no Pico
>>
>>83511627
Sounds a little like titan A.E. but I'm just guessing here. The plot involves a ship/arc and the aliens in the movie are called the Dredge. It's been a long time since I've seen it i have no idea.
>>
>>83511812
wasnt titan AE, this was just the ship and alien worlds the entire time
>>
>>83511899
Bump for interest, sounds like a pretty cool flick.
>>
battle for terra
>>
>>83512021
nope wasn't that, the only characters i remember there being is is the ship and various alien fauna
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (118KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
118KB, 1920x1080px
>>83511627

Flight Of The Navigator?
>>
>>83512080
i don't think so, I distinctly remember it being CG, no humans, and a different voice for the craft. It is curious though how I've come across that film a few times in my search for the actual one i saw years ago
>>
sounds very obscure and too cerebral for an american movie, maybe it was something direct to tv or foreign
>>
>>83512173
I had that thought too, that'll make it even harder to find though :/
>>
>>83511627 Another thing I remembered, sorta, the narrator I think sounded like a calm mix of Jeremy irons and Jude Law
>>
this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ark_(2005_film)
>>
>>83512300
I found that and got hopeful but no, the one I remember distinctly had no people in it
>>
>>83512300
>>83512349
the animation quality i remember seems like its from around this time though
>>
Bump!
I wanna help OP out, the movie sounds interesting.
>>
>>83512789
thanks, I remember it being interesting :/
>>
Here's a cgi alien related program. I'm assuming it's not it, but I'm still searching OP
http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0453446/
>>
Damn that sounds like a cool ass movie, OP. Sorry I can't help but godspeed, I'll be checking back to see if you find it.
>>
File: 0qPTkm4.jpg (898KB, 2041x3062px) Image search: [Google]
0qPTkm4.jpg
898KB, 2041x3062px
>>83511627 bump
you haven't said if it was 2D or 3D

also assuming anime right ?

>that picture looks like a horse foot
>>
>>83512021
Am I the only one who liked that movie?
>>
I wanna watch it
>>
Wall-E
>>
Inter-fucking-Stellar
>>
File: 1479045836263.jpg (67KB, 602x653px) Image search: [Google]
1479045836263.jpg
67KB, 602x653px
I am monitoring this thread.
>>
I thought it was maybe a movie based on an Arthur.C.Clarke novel "Rendezvous with RAMA" - but it turns out "humans" are sent to investigate the sentient space ship.

>>83515375
What part of "animation" and "no humans" didn't you read?
>>
OP here
>>83514926
it was a 3D CGI film, it wasn't anime styled at all i don't think
>>83513537
it actually was similar to this in style, like the whole exploration and presentation of alien worlds
>>83514973
I really loved that movie too
>>
What's Blockbuster?
>>
>>83515717
not sure if you're joking, it was a movie rental place, I've actually dug through old receipts i found from there hoping the movies name was on one of them :/
>>
File: ship memories angles.jpg (66KB, 782x552px) Image search: [Google]
ship memories angles.jpg
66KB, 782x552px
>>83511627
some clarifications on my meager MS paint ship drawing (I seem to remember specifically how much the ship reminded me of the head on the robot from the 1998 Lost In Space movie)
>>
>>83516591
draw a scene to the best of your abilities and see if google can find it
>>
>>83511627
>>83516591

Okay, there are only a handful of CGI films made prior to 2009

It could be Ark (2005)
>>
>>83517644
Now going to check TV shows.
>>
>>83517677
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Odyssey_(TV_series)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHzPEpHYtXQ
>>
>>83517837
>Space Odyssey: Voyage to the Planets (released as Voyage to the Planets and Beyond in the United States) is a fictional documentary about a manned voyage...

Please read... just read OPs post two or three more times.

>>83517644
Already been suggested... please read... just read the thread.

Normally i wouldn't be this bothered - but I'm soo curious about what this movie/show is.
>>
>>83518037
People mis-remember shit all the time.
The only feature film that remotely close to it is ARK (2005)

there are a few tv shows that are sorta like it.

There not that many CGI shows or movies from that era.
>>
>>83518037
don't become as obsessed as I have, lol
>>83518201
I'm 90% sure it wasn't The Ark, though some aspects I've seen of it seem familiar
>>
Are you sure it's a movie? I'm pretty sure there have been many sci-fi tv shows with episodes like that.
>>
>>83516591
just take a pic of an avocado
>>
I would also like some helping in trying to remember a movie I watched many years ago. From what I remember it is based in an underground base where they are experimenting on a guy. he begins to change losing his ears etc and has a sort of long meaty tube/spike that comes out of his mouth. I think it ends with him holding on to the bottom of a helicopter trying to get at a woman and a boy but ends up falling to his death. Probably not going to know what I'm talking about since its so little information but its been driving me crazy for years I just can't think what it might be.
>>
>>83518642
It could have been a small series, like 3 parts, but I don't remember it being very long at all. It was definitely its own thing too, not an episode of another established series.
>>
>>83518576
>>83518642
I wonder if it was a TV show as well, as there only a handful of CGI movies that where not 8 year old bait from that era due to some major early failures, and Ark which is not a ideal match is the only one that close.

TV shows there quite a few options
>>
>>83518765
from what i looked up about The Ark it sounds kind of like the backstory the AI talked about, I think, it's hard to remember specifics
>>
>>83511627
OP here, I might fall asleep soon so I wanted to thank you all for your efforts
>>
are you sure you didnt watch an episode of stargate by accident? u just described an SG-1 plot
>>
I watched a movie years ago. I recall it being a comedy film. Don't remember much besides the fact there was a guy in the movie who was severely injured by a bomb and was wrapped in bandages from head to toe except for his middle fingers.

Any clue?
>>
>>83519517
I do love Stargate but no, I distinctly remember renting and putting in the DVD of a specific thing
>>
No idea but I'll give OP a bump because it sounds cool
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (154KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
154KB, 1280x720px
This?
>>
>>83511627
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_computer-animated_films
Godspeed, anon
>>
>>83511627
Sounds incredibly familiar

Was there a point where the ship meets another similar ship but the other ship is malfunctioning?
>>
>>83520095
what is that from?
>>83520304
in my tired state I hesitate to say anything for sure but possibly, yes
>>83520288
I checked that before and got nowhere :/
>>
>>83520095
Name?
>>
>>83520304
>>83520706
come to think of it (maybe I'm just tired and wanting to remember things) I'm recalling the ship AI mentioning other vessels and then hope of finding another/not being the last but it was broke and might've had to destroy it.
>>
Final Fantasy Advent Children? xD
>>
Starcraft cutscenes.
>>
Plasmo
>>
>>83520706
Alien Adventure
>>
Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow

That is the movie you're welcome
>>
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaena:_The_Prophecy

May be is this one since from the ship grows a tree and yours looks like a seed.
>>
>>83521296
found a video of it, got VERY excited for a moment, but I'm pretty certain that wasn't it. The only similarities is aliens, a planet search, and dated CGI :/
>>83521426
ha.ha.ha.
>>83521439
seen that too, also around the same time I think from Blockbuster, not it
>>
a short, cerebral, CGI film... mostly landscapes and space... only one voice the entire film...

definitely sounds like an indie art film/portfolio piece/college project, good luck finding it.
>>
>>83521667
I know, the only reason I have hope is that I rented it from Blockbuster, which means it must have been slightly popular right? Someone somewhere must know what I'm talking about someday :(
>>
I need help finding a movie where a Pumpkinhead like creature was going around eating people's stomachs. I thought the fat guy from Jurassic Park was in but can't find it in his list of films.
>>
At what age did you see it? It sounds like a mash of 4 different movies you think was just one. Everything already suggested sounds like what you're talking about, were you really young?
>>
>>83522016
This? DNA from 1996. I bought a bootleg DVD of it at an asian market. IT seems to be a ripoff of alien and predator simultaneously.
>>
>>83522409
Nah, don't think so. That looks like shit though. I remember being particle effects, not CG. I think the cover had the guy that I thought was Dennis from JP at a desk, turned around looking at the monster that had snuck up on him. I visually remember people's stomachs just being nawed off by it.
>>
>>83522320
I had that thought too but most of the movies it seems similar too I definitely haven't seen, like The Ark, I just learned about today
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.