[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cabaret General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

File: Joel-Grey-Cabaret-1972.jpg (60KB, 598x327px) Image search: [Google]
Joel-Grey-Cabaret-1972.jpg
60KB, 598x327px
WILKOMMEN BIENVENUE WELCOME!
>>
>>83508051
Joel Grey is shit-tier Emcee

Alan Cumming, bro. That's where it's at.
>>
>>83508080
apples and oranges, they each serve their purpose

who do you think could play the Emcee in a remake?
>>
I didn't fine Liza Minnelli attractive in this movie at all
Would rather have fucked Michael York tbqh
>>
>>83508051
The only good part in the movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FN7r0Rr1Qyc
>>
File: liza-minnelli-sally-bowles.gif (2MB, 618x347px) Image search: [Google]
liza-minnelli-sally-bowles.gif
2MB, 618x347px
>>83508111
first of all checked

and second if she had done Mein Herr barefoot it wouldve been absolute kino
>>
>>83508148
I was going to mock this anon for completely missing the point of that part, but then I realized his missing the point WAS his point
Stormweenies, lol
>>
>>83508215
Also, the song was nice, unlike the crude and vulgar performances we see in the cabaret.
>>
>>83508051
Great fucking movie.
Good music, funny scenes, etc. Different enough from the play that you can enjoy both.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEhHeILa3HE I wonder if /pol/ has seen this yet?
>>
>>83508080
Fucking pleb
>>
>>83508517
>wouldn't look jewish at all
This is the correct version. Some don't include that line.
>>
>>83508683
>Some don't include that line.
really? shit they totally take the meaning out of the song, fucking pussies
>>
>>83508712
I think it's the edginess that makes it work. Like the versions where it ends with the Nazi salute. It's to surprise the viewer. Shock them even.
Yea, you could figure out the meaning without it but the shock is great.
>>
What good is shitposting alone in your room?
>>
>>83508148
you will live to experience this

all degeneracy getting its comeuppance
>>
>>83508148
I always felt like showing the old man being uncomfortable didn't ring true, and it feels forced. There's almost something virtue signaly about it. I don't know how else to say it.
>>
>>83508916
Don't know. I think most would simply say he's a man who saw nationalism originally and saw it fail. Assumption is he thought in World War I.
>>
>>83508954
Yeah, I get that. But seeing him almost sneer when the woman next to him stands up. I just feel like, yeah, I get it already. Maybe if he was an actual character in the movie, or maybe if they only cut to him once, I wouldn't mind it so much.
>>
>>83508980
he represents the jews who knew or felt what was about to happen of course we all know the holocaust is fake and gay
>>
>>83509009
Something about it just seems wrong to me. I get the idea, but I feel like they could have shown it better. It's not a big deal though.

Honestly, maybe the thing that annoys me is that every other comment on every YouTube video of this song is somebody pointing it out like he's the first one to get it. "The old man, he remembers, and HE KNOWS what's coming next"
>>
>>83509009
I hope you're kidding.
>>83508980
Yea, maybe it's a bit on the nose. Same with the "You wouldn't even notice she's Jewish" comment. I think they want to show good symbolism but sometimes they go a step extra. Sometimes it makes good use, sometimes no.

In my opinion: if the theory that he's an exsoldier who already tasted nationalism, it's good
If it's a random old man who is holier than thou, it's virtue signaling perhaps.

The fact that York's character did NOT act strangely seems proof that it's meant to be taken as the writers trying to insult those who stood up. It meant to show why it was so romantic an idea, this nazism.
>>
>>83509073
>reading Youtube comments
You're so silly, anon.
>>
>>83508051
Daily reminder that this faggot won the Best Supporting Actor Oscar over Al Pacino in The Godfather
>>
Only musical I care about.
>>
>>83509328
There are several others that are good. Depending on your specific taste you might enjoy
>Singing in the rain
>RHPS
>Muppets Treasure Island (not a stageplay)
>Wicked
and so on.
>>
>>83509426
>>Muppets Treasure Island
My nigga.

Wicked is kind of stupid though.
>>
>>83509514
>wicked
Maybe, I haven't seen it. I just know it's another genre that exists within musicals.
I forgot of course
>Spamalot
>Book of Mormon
>Avenue Q
Which are all comedies.
>>
>>83509549
>Maybe, I haven't seen it.
It's good enough. See it if it's in town, but maybe don't pay for the best seats. It's a good spectacle, but I'd imagine the story was lousy in book form. The medium saves it from being awful.
>>
>>83509616
I'm familiar with the music from it, which I like, and the overall story. I'll check it if I get the chance. It's been so long since I've been in theater.

Les miserables: movie and book. Worth it? I checked out the movie but got kinda bored >
it's so famous but friends have told me it's not that great
>>
>>83509671
Haven't read or seen either.

As for Wicked, I enjoyed it enough to overlook the goofier parts of the story, at least until the very end, but by then in doesn't matter.
>>
>>83509738
I can handle goofy. I've seen anime before.
>>
>>83509761
You'll probably love it then, that's a good comparison.
>>
>>83509549
I would also recommend Chicago.
It's an absolute kino-tier musical.
The music is good, the leading roles are played really sexy and the 20s aesthetic is fun although little corny at times.
>>
>>83509977
Oh, fuck. I have the soundtrack.
>>
>>83510000
Do you like it Anon?
>>
>>83510039
Lots of the songs, yes.

I also like 42nd Street's OST. Have never seen it or heard about it.
>>
>>83509977
Both reached for the gun best song
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.