[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Return of the Jedi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: Returnofthejedi.jpg (853KB, 1005x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Returnofthejedi.jpg
853KB, 1005x1500px
Steven Spielberg's connections with the Directors Guild of America prevented him from directing Return of the Jedi. How different would the final installment have been had Spielberg been at the helm instead of Richard Marquand?
>>
There would have been even more Ewoks.
>>
It's very possible that Spielberg would have been less of a yes man than some literal who like Marquandt, but he was still close friends with George Lucas and likely would have handed most of the creative control to Lucas out of a courtesy for Star Wars being Lucas's baby.

Spielberg has demonstrated that he's nothing more than George Lucas's cock holster when they collaborate, like when he finally reneged on Lucas's plan to make an Indiana Jones 4, something Spielberg never wanted to do.

tl;dr it would've been just as shit.
>>
We probably wouldn't gotten a scene of a slug gangster feeding a topless girl to his basement monster
>>
>>83505815
>Steven Spielberg's connections with the Directors Guild of America prevented him from directing Return of the Jedi.
Explain.
>>
>>83505815
Wouldn't matter because the script was garbage and the director doesn't write the movie retard
>>
>>83505815
Interesting question, OP. I don't have the answer, but then again, who does?
>>
>>83506011
>just as shit

But RotJ isn't shit?
>>
>>83506571
RotJ isn't shit. It's only considered shit now because of the popular opinion perpetuated by millennials and Gen Z that stems from memes, and of course le ewoks.
>>
Shit actors made it shit.
>>
>>83505815
Imagine if Ridley Scott had been hired off Alien to make ROTJ? Now imagine if they had dropped Death Star 2 and the Ewoks! Get Dan O' Bannon (Dark Star, Alien, Return of the Living Dead) to script and you would have had a great movie!!!FACT!!!
>>
>>83506571
Its shit compared to IV and V. Its a masterpiece compared to all the shit that followed
>>
>>83507967
jedi is objectively the most shit of the OT
>>
>>83508099
But if Lucas was determined to have his Ewoks, I wouldn't have had a problem if they were a race of lesbian Amazonian warriors who agree to help the Rebellion in exchange for their men impregnating their tribe since they only allow women. Baby boys are killed instantly. The end of the movie has everyone in a gigantic orgy while the ghosts of Yoda, Ben and Annakin beat off as they watch and all give thumbs up to Luke while he fucks the Ewok queen doggystyle!!!FACT!!!
>>
File: guerre-du-feu-1981-07-g.jpg (179KB, 1200x815px) Image search: [Google]
guerre-du-feu-1981-07-g.jpg
179KB, 1200x815px
>>83508171
>>
>>83505815
Jedi could very easily have been directed by Jim Henson / Frank Oz. They could have took the Ewoks and gave them a weirder less "literal teddy bear" vibe.

honestly, think about it. It's a stones-throw away from dark-crystal / labyrinth in terms of it's dependency on puppetry.
Just leave whoever did the green-screen model stuff alone because that space battle is kino.

but ultimately..meh I honestly think Jedi is perfectly fine the way it is.
>>
>>83505815
Fuck off faggots. Return of the Jedi was good. Ewoks were fine.
>>
>>83506274
Found this by googling; news to me.
https://moviepilot.com/p/steven-spielberg-star-wars-return-of-the-jedi-director/4102768
>>
>>83509516
It's none news dude. Even David Lynch was interviewed for the job.
>>
>>83507967
It isn't considered shit at all apart from places like this, where trolls called it shit to stir outrage in troll threads, and when it appears enough times, goobers think it's a real (and reasonable at that) opinion.

For that matter, an astroturfing employee could just post shit like that to make people click on the thread and generate peeps and occasional click-thrus for the ads. Nawwww, that wouldn't happen.
>>
>>83509419
This. No one really had a problem with the ewoks back then.
>>
>>83505815
Pretty different. I don't think Spielberg would've done the Emperor's Throne Room stuff as well as Marquand did.
He probably would've been able to talk Lucas down from a lot more of his wild ideas which would've had positive and negative impacts in the screenplay.

I'd be very interested to see how he would've handled the ewoks.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.