[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pirates 5

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: photo 2.jpg (34KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
photo 2.jpg
34KB, 600x300px
Critics bashed it, imdb has it at 7.1, but I think this is the 3rd best pirates film. behind 1 and 2. it cleans up the garbage left behind by 3 and 4, and successfully ends the series if they so choose to do so.

went to it while visiting mom, she was a bigger fan of it then me and was surprised it was not atrocious and was kinda like a fast 5 type feeling to it.

what did you think of it
>>
>>83505398
Will's son was pointless and didn't do anything the whole movie, jacks wisecracks missed more than they hit and how the fuck everyone knew where to meet at the end??? Just some ramdom hill that everyone came to?
>>
>>83505398

I love all of these movies, but I thought this one might have been the best of the sequels. Certainly the most emotional.
>>
>>83505574
it was will's families home?

you could tell home he knew that by finding his son 10 years ago he has been watching them
>>
>>83505398
Yeah I think it's the 3rd best one as well OP

I think it''s only supposed to be the "Start of the Final Adventure" A 2 part plot like 2 and 3 were. Did you see the after credits scene? I don't feel like they left anything open to expand on besides that.
>>
>>83505398
WB probably paid off critics as an act of revenge
>>
>ends the series
>post-credits cliffhanger for no raising

k
>>
>>83505398

My biggest gripe is autism surrounding the compass. How did trading away the compass break some unrelated curse, and how did the mexican pirate ghosts know how the curse was linked to the compass and him giving it away would break the curse? Then the compass was nonexistant though the rest of the movie pretty much
>>
>>83505398
>successfully ends the series if they so choose to do so

Davy Jones disagrees.
>>
>>83506398
why did the mexicans were cursed? they just crashed their ship in some cave
>>
3 is better
>>
>>83505398
I'd say it's the fourth-best, beating out At World's End. I'd give it a 5/10.
>>
>10/10
1. Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (Verbinski, 2003)
>9/10
>8/10
>7/10
>6/10
2. Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (Marshall, 2011)
3. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (Verbinski, 2006)
>5/10
>4/10
4. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (Ronning & Sandberg, 2017)
5. Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (Verbinski, 2007)
>3/10
>2/10
>1/10
>0/10
>>
>>83505398
>behind 1 and 2
That still puts it behind 2, which was shit

1 was the only good one
>>
>>83506369
This isn't the MCU. The post-credits scenes in Pirates movies were always easter-eggs more than they were meant to be stingers for sequels.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.