[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a movie ratings conspiracy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1373.jpg (35KB, 416x304px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1373.jpg
35KB, 416x304px
Is there a movie ratings conspiracy?
>>
Why is get out the highest rated horror and top 3 on 5 differ ratings websites? Of fucking corse there is.
>>
>>83502596
No, people just disagree with you sometimes. I know it's hard to deal with.
>>
>>83503229
This is what conspirators say to make you believe there's no conspiracy.
>>
File: thimk.png (100KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
thimk.png
100KB, 400x400px
Yes
The Oscars do an elaborate dance with the judges to boost their DVD sales by a small margin
Why wouldn't they give kickbacks and special opportunities to RT critics before the movie is even released
>inb4 you have no evidence
wow, you're right, this is the conspiracy thread
>>
That reminds me, I watched that documentary about the ratings board a while back. I thought it was trying to do two different things and it didn't go far enough with either. On one hand they were investigating the ratings board, and on the other they had filmmakers telling how they had had to make changes etc based on ratings they got. I liked the second type of thing better, but a lot of the movie was stakeout scenes.

Anyways I'm pretty sure raters get paid off under certain circumstances or something.
>>
>>83502642
>Why is get out the highest rated horror and top 3 on 5 differ ratings websites? Of fucking corse there is.
because of people like you that turn everything into a "who's the real victim" contest
>>
>>83503275
man_holding_head_in_utter_surprise.jpg
>>
>>83503372
I don't care and I still don't, just answering the op question.
>>
Why does it need to be a conspiracy. It's just various psychological phenomenon manifesting themselves in a way that's pretty typical for the average type of person who seeks a career in journalism.
>>
>>83502596
It has come out in the past that critics have been paid, or, in one case in the nineties actually, faked (they made up a name for a blurb they thought nobody would check), and in the best case scenario the most honest critics will start to involuntarily coalesce into a community with a certain homogeneity of acceptable opinions.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdwySyRSgqc
Probably.
>>
File: 1326131158824.png (19KB, 291x317px) Image search: [Google]
1326131158824.png
19KB, 291x317px
Does anyone in their right mind still honestly give a shit about good/bad reviews or what self-serving industry awards a movie wins?

Oscar/review rigging has to be one of the most pointless and laughable conspiracies-- because even if it were true all it'd prove is the obvious that many people lack intuition and rely way too heavily on other's opinions to form their own.

Besides, just about every facet of the entertainment industry is so damned risk adverse right now that you can tell from a single preview if a movie/album/game is going to be something you enjoy or pure shit. Reviewers don't have to even bother anymore -- what you see is what you get for the most part these days.
>>
yeah, just like vidya. they pay people off by bringing them to nice places, giving them hookers and free shit, and they get the picture
>>
>>83502642
Movie that promotes racism is getting that? Lol
>>
>>83506665
All this shit happens. You get more money in the future if you win an Oscar, and companies spend a fortune trying to influence voters. It's not even a conspiracy it's out in the open, actors talk about going to old folks homes in LA and doing meet and greets with old timers. Putting out ads in the trades for Oscar nominees happens every year as well, and they are expensive ads.
>>
>>83505323
Thanks. Now i can't really take the oscars seriously.
>>
>>83502596

Yes, Disney don't want any competition with Marvel or Star Wars so they buy off a load of reviewers to post good reviews. They also bully other studios into making terrible attempts at franchises, the only exceptions however being Transformers since it came out before the MCU did and Fox's X-Men which is why they are allowed to continue on as they are.
>>
>>83502596
>>83502642
Remember when conspiracies were fun? Secret societies of demon worshipers, hiding aliens, CIA psychics, magic shit.

Now it's all "black guys are gonna sleep with white girls so the jews win.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.