[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is David a asshole?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

Just curious - I understood why he infected the guy in prometheus, but why does he suddenly have a hardon to kill all humanity?
>>
I was on board with all his crazy shit until he threatened Daniels that he's going to do to her what he did to Shaw while throwing her around.

That's just lazy writing. Up until that point it was implied he loved Shaw in his own twisted way.
>>
>>83502398
>That's just lazy writing. Up until that point it was implied he loved Shaw in his own twisted way.
I could understand that if he wanted to do that to Daniels to hurt walt, as he implies that he knows walter is in love with Daniels.

But agreed that was one of the poorer ideas.

>Year from now we will get a directors cut that pulls a Kingdom of Heaven and adds 20-30 minutes of character development that this movie needed.
>>
>>83502538
>Year from now we will get a directors cut that pulls a Kingdom of Heaven and adds 20-30 minutes of character development that this movie needed.
They already did that, and used all the footage for the promotional material.

You can bet the "directors cut" will have the Last Supper be a part of the movie, otherwise future audiences will have zero reason to give a shit about james franco dying in the first 30 seconds of the movie
>>
>>83502342
>Why is David asshole?
Because David is a bastard man.
>>
Isn't it because he was deep down a flawed synthetic? Weyland tried to create the perfect human, but he can only emulate real life so much. He tried to create a human brain and emotions with artificial materials and the end result is a psycho.

I actually thought that made David really interesting. He's not so much a mad scientist, more like a flawed corporate product that THINKS of himself as a mad scientist.
>>
>>83502342

The first clause of the first sentence of the OP is false because David didn't have any good reason to do what he did in Prometheus. That goofy moment is where the flick starts to break stupid, and where the lie is put to the apologists.

That said, the sequel is mildly interesting in that it does develop the madness, the specific compulsion and madness of the David character. And this is exactly important because David's motivations can then be explained for the bug, or pathology that they really are, and not as some Big Thing That Makes The Plot Make Sense. This is the error of Prometheus apologists.

Both films are tedious for the extreme stupidity of their crews, as everyone knows. It's strange - for whatever reason, Ridley feels obligated in his later space flicks to have a dumb crew just motor through the plot because it's the done thing, or something. Sad!
>>
>>83502342
>felt sorry for david in the film

Why? For some reason I connected with him more than any of the human characters? I could understand him and wanting to create something new and transcendent.I understood his frustration with Walter, the android with no ability to create. David seemed more human to me than the human characters
>>
>>83502883
Holloway had it coming
>>
>>83502342
goddamn dat btich long. she da xenamorph lmao
>>
>>83502930
>I sympathize with a robot more than I sympathize with a human being.

In most instances, I'd say that means you're autistic as fuck, but in this case it might just be that Fassbender is the only decent actor.
>>
>>83502991
>Fassbender is the only decent actor
fucking this. Honestly think the only reason David had such incomprehensible motives was because otherwise 99% of people would have sympathized with him simply on strength of Fassbender's acting.
>>
>>83502883
>David didn't have any good reason to do what he did in Prometheus. That goofy moment is where the flick starts to break stupid, and where the lie is put to the apologists.

Prometheus is a shitty movie, so don't think I'm defending its quality. However, the general assumption back in 2012 was that David was just randomly experimenting with alien shit to learn what it does because Weyland was hiding in the back of the ship and he was desperate to find some kind of immortality
>>
>>83502991
He was the only good actor.

There was 4 decent actors (Waterston, McBride, Billy Crudup, and Amy Seimetz) and one really good one (Fassbender) Issue was that that McBride, Crudup, and Seimetz charicters where at best written as one trick ponys ("Southerner", Religious nut, and Lambert style "Crying woman")

The biggest issue of the movie by fair is that you never know any of these folks before they start dying. .
>>
>>83502983
Long with great nipples.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.