[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went right? Seriously. Why was it so much fun?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: THERE_CAN_BE_ONLY_ONE.jpg (912KB, 1476x2161px) Image search: [Google]
THERE_CAN_BE_ONLY_ONE.jpg
912KB, 1476x2161px
What went right?

Seriously. Why was it so much fun?
>>
>explain my opinion to me
Fuck off.
>>
>>83497999
Anybody got any more 80 movie posters
>>
Queen helps. Also a great villain.
>>
>hey guys
>i also am merely one of you
>just data mining here
>if we could get a round robin focus group situation going that'd be really great
>so: product x
>what do you guys think?
Pol tried to warn you about "one-line writing prompt one-posts" but you got hung up on political differences. Now one-posts are on every board, and soon, the whole site will just be pajeets soliciting consumer data.
>>
>>83497999
Fantasy premise but set in grimy New York
>>
>>83497999
The soundtrack
>>
Queen
>>
I found it incredibly boring until the end fight.
>>
>>83497999
>What went right?

80's action flicks and soundtrack.
>>
Good setting - totally supernatural, vague but with its own consistent rules that never betray the sense of otherness of the Immortals, there's the feeling of mystery to it all, and the span of time is never confusing and feels truly epic. Plus the highly stylized anachronism of modern sword fighters lends a charm.

Good characters - McLeod who is our window into the Immortal world who embraces it but never loses his human side, Ramire who is colourful and fun and can show his wisdom and the Kurgan as a semi-nameless monster of a man who is nonetheless greatly charismatic and hold's the screen.

Good visuals - the director had been a director of music videos, so he had a sense of dynamism and aesthetic, he knew how to make stuff stand out and some of the shots in the movie, especially of the Highlands, are gorgeous. That one shot of the burning cottage in Scotland with McLeod walking away and his sword in the foreground is fucking amazing.

Good sound - Queen's songs alongside Michael Kamen's soundtrack make it stand out, it's unique and what's more, the songs always fit in so well and lent greatly to the film's identity and atmosphere.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.