[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Americans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: The_Americans.jpg (42KB, 565x318px) Image search: [Google]
The_Americans.jpg
42KB, 565x318px
Watched the first couple episodes, seems pretty good so far, but after sitting through 13 hours of House of Cards S5 I'm kinda wary on wasting my time.

Is it good the whole way through or is there a point where I should stop?
>>
I never liked this show (but would sometimes masochistically watch it)

there's no way they run a travel agency, are married to other people, are friends with an FBI agent living across the street and then top that off with raising teenagers -- lord of the rings is more realistic
>>
>>83496434
>lord of the rings is more realistic

The kids make it impossible to be spies but they were included for the requisite family drama bullshit EVERY tv series must have nowadays.

Otherwise, it's a good show.
>>
>>83496803

I kinda like the element with the kids, Elizabeth getting upset they are turning into degenerate Americans.
>>
>>83496145

It is very great, plus, much nudity
>>
It's excellent, last year's season being stunning, this year's which just wrapped great as well.

Takes a few episodes to find itself, improves w/ subsequent seasons.
>>
File: photo5-1024x768.jpg (158KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
photo5-1024x768.jpg
158KB, 1024x768px
>>83496836

I could buy it if Phil and Liz were doing run-of-the-mill stuff like picking up dead drops and such but they’re assassinating people, running multiple informants, flying all over the country, etc. and that’s just not going to happen with two kids (in jr.high when the series started).

And I’m guessing Henry either runs away or kills himself next season, as Phil snapped on him and won’t let him chase pussy at the private school and when the series ends, Phil will probably be dead and Liz will be shunted off to some shitty apartment in Nowheresgrad with a pissed off Paige who hates her.

Nobody is getting a happy ending when this show is over (next season, I believe).
>>
>>83497066
This is now a Paige Jennings thread.
>>
>>83496875
>much nudity

Are you watch the Euro edit or something?
>>
>>83496434
>>83496803
it's clear in the show that they are bad parents, and they don't try to spin it.
they got lucky with paige too.

the travel agency thing is hard to swallow sometimes, and how deep the soviet network is.

The show doesn't hide the fact that many of their relationships are dysfunctional.
>>
>>83497527
but they got that one eastern european fellow at the travel agency. maybe he is a hank hill type of guy who really runs the place.
wish they focused more on him.
>>
>>83496875
>>83497398

>It is very great

That's definitely a Euro... not sure about the edit.
>>
>>83497527
>it's clear in the show that they are bad parents,

I'd disagree, they are fine parents, involved, disciplined, and as is shown w/ the russian juxtaposition, excellent providers- they live a coddled life. I get your larger point and about dysfunctional relationships, , it's 'wrong' to put Paige through this, and lie and stuff, but just feel like they do a decent job otherwise, ya know besides all that murderous espionage.
>>
>>83497609
>Literally lives in Alabama
>>
File: the_americans_paige[1].jpg (45KB, 529x352px) Image search: [Google]
the_americans_paige[1].jpg
45KB, 529x352px
>>83497323
>>
>>83497627
they get a pass on a lot of things because of how well off they are. which is really important.

I suppose they do alright with paige.
They ignore Henry a lot, and most of what they know about him is through paige. Isn't mention a couple of times how they miss henry's games, and doesn't Liz apologize to Paige about their parenting in s5?

Henry is normal right now thanks to some TLC from Stan.
>>
>>83497935
Also his pic of Stan's exwife
>>
>>83497972
i hope he bone's stans new wife.
>>
File: 1427477793399~2.jpg (127KB, 698x698px) Image search: [Google]
1427477793399~2.jpg
127KB, 698x698px
>>83496434
Im currently watching the show. I'm into like the 4th season I think , and won't read anything further for fear of spoilers. Not even sure why I opened this thread desu. But their whole situation is about as unrealistic as you can get. It's like they took every actual spy story ever and just made this couple do all of it. Then on top of that added a few more unbelievable elements just to make it even less believable. I still enjoy the show a lot, but yeah it is totally unrealistic.

Kerri Russell's hair to the side thing gets me hard as fuck at this point. Now her little daughter is starting to do it too. ...hnggg that fire crotch is A CUTE.
>>
>>83497066
>Nobody is getting a happy ending when this show is over (next season, I believe).

Sounds like just deserts. Elizabeth and Philip do plain evil shit year in year out. They spent this whole season bullying a kid to get his family to return to Russia. What's FBI Stan Beeman doing? Mundane shit and feeling bad about possible black mail. While Elizabeth and Philip hitman style execute some 70 year old woman and her completely innocent husband for some shit she did in WW2 in the same episodes. Come on.
>>
>>83496145
the whole
>we should make our marriage real
at the beginning followed by
>OUR MARRIAGE WILL NEVER WORK
at the end of every single episode in season 1 got a bit obnoxious. i just finished s2 last night and liked it more than the first
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.