[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what did you guys think?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

File: Life_(2017_film).png (96KB, 220x326px) Image search: [Google]
Life_(2017_film).png
96KB, 220x326px
So what did you guys think?
>>
>the alien was turned into Chinese food by those fisherman
>>
worse than prometheus
>>
It's a competently done 2 and a half star film. I liked the score and I liked the concept of a more current and more sciency version of Alien, but it wasn't different enough. Also as soon as they said all the cells were a combination of muscle and nerve and brain or whatever I knew it was going to be a shapeshifting gooey CGI thing. It didn't feel like an actual organism, just a special effect.

Did anyone catch why the pods went the wrong way in the end? If they explained that I missed it. Also missed how the creature got on to that dude's leg when they thought it was trapped in the other part of the ship.
>>
felt like the longest movie I had ever seen

then I look over and see only 90 minutes had passed
>>
>>83493734
yummy space sushi
>>
It's a prequel to Venom.
>>
>>83493319
funny thing is it wasn't replicating or spreading
one single entity would pose no threat
I would be more worried if nail sized million clones of it spread in the ship
>>
>>83494212
That didn't make much sense to me. It started from one cell in that petri dish right? You would think it would cast off other cells, just like every organism does. Then there'd be tons of them.

The whole biology of the critter was not believable at all.
>>
>>83494212
I thought the twist would be that it had reproduced and there were some on the other pod.

but, no... for some reason they thought it'd be a better idea to just have one single entity the entire time.
>>
ALso can't penetrate glass or metal
it was a fucking space octopus
>>
>>83494616
Did anyone catch why it was on the one dude's leg? I thought it was trapped in the other part of the ship the suddenly omg it is on his leg the whole time
>>
>>83494212
It could have cloned/reproduced at a later stage though
>>
I'm always miffed when a new dad or mum gets killed off before seeing their child.
>>
will there be a sequel?
>>
Really bad flick, but I liked the ending. Can't remember the last time you see the protagonists lose so miserably.
>>
>>83495113
Decidedly not
It wasn't a financial success and all the big name stars died
>>
>>83493319
As horror goes, it was passable. Decent directing wise. But the characters are all too stupid for science. So it doesn't work as a sci-fi film. Dumb horror fun. Enjoyed it despite severe flaws.
>>
I did not find it believable that the crew didn't know the procedure in case they lost containment on the alien or that they would be surprised when they learned what the procedure was. Astronauts are hard dudes, they know their lives are always on the line.
>>
>>83495113
venom is coming in 2018
>>
Is it no homo kino? I feel like Jake Gyllenhaal and Ryan Reynolds should be in more movies together.
>>
>>83495260
Yeah we got the joke dude.
>>
the thing was freaky when it was just a tiny splooge hiding in corners but once it went full sized space squid it just looked silly
>>
>>83495333
not a joke though
they didn't specifically did a venom prequel but reused venom prequel script for this movie
>>
why were they sealing doors and stuff with duct tape?

also how the fuck did the thing gain reentry into the spaceship through the thrusters?? were they open holes into the interior of the station?
>>
>>83495504
Yeah I'm skeptical
http://collider.com/life-venom-prequel-daniel-espinosa/
It didn't feel like a Marvel movie in the slightest
>>
>>83495553
Oh yeah ... why would the thrusters connect to interior atmosphere of the ship? Hrmm.
>>
>>83495637
because they use the ships oxygen
>>
>>83495829
is that why they ran out of fuel after 3 seconds?
>>
File: aaa.png (35KB, 613x254px) Image search: [Google]
aaa.png
35KB, 613x254px
>>83495637
>>
>>83495829
I have doubt but okay.

Did anyone understand why the escape pods went the wrong directions? I could see maybe the critter made him steer his down instead of up, but what about hers?
>>
>>83495911
hers hit something IIRC
>>
>>83495911
Both pods smashed into a giant solar panel

My problem with the movie is that we all know the US would immediately send fifty nukes up to propel the station as far away from Earth as possible, not a fucking dinky little Russian ship.
>>
>>83495911
hers was hit by debris which fucked up the pod just enough to make it weer off course and apparently also enough to make the screens not display that the trajectory had changed, or something

agree with the previous poster that it would've been much better if the movie ended with her landing safely only to realize she's covered with millions of tiny alien cells that start growing

it would still be pretty dumb since these supposedly smart people really should've realized that every surface the alien has been in contact with would be covered with alien cells but whatever
>>
>>83496105
I thought a few time during the movie "now he/she/they will sacrifice themselves to save others" but no
>>
>>83496196
Also, I know from WW2 and the Cold War, American Pilots who were doing top secret reconnaissance / transporting top secret information were instructed to kill themselves if catapulted or compromised. Many of whom did.

You'd think NASA would have similar safety procedures in pace in case of alien fucking compromising the shuttle.
>>
>>83496754
Not him, agree. Also no way in hell she would try to land on the planet with a chance of that thing contaminating the pod. They would have had better procedures for all of this.
>>
>>83493319
If it evolved on Mars it would definitely by a water creature, because those tentacles and sepia shit aren't suited for land.

The immunity to high temp and radiation is not very possible considering the size it reached.
>>
>>83497083
Immune to the cold of space as well. This thing is like super-evolved despite the lack of evidence of any other organism on Mars that it evolved from. Maybe, landed there on a meteor or something, I dunno. Seemed unbelievably tough. They should have at least made it get injured by the flamethrower thing.
>>
>>83493319
would be good if it was 30 mins, but it's just a long predictable borefest.
>>
>six retarded astronauts and a lab rat doom humanity
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.