[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is The Leftovers as good as The Wire, The Sopranos or Deadwood?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: THELEFTOVERS.png (291KB, 750x469px) Image search: [Google]
THELEFTOVERS.png
291KB, 750x469px
Is The Leftovers as good as The Wire, The Sopranos or Deadwood?
>>
tier below pham
>>
>>83490740
No, it's better.
>>
>>83490740
No, but it's still pretty good. Better that the other shit "dramas" HBO has been regurgitating for the past 6 years.
>>
It's better because it has an actual thematic core and characters with subtle arcs, instead of
>DUDE CRIME LYFE
>>
It's a tier below with Breaking Bad. Great show, with some big gaping flaws.
>>
>>83490767
>>83491053
>better than the sopranos

wow, are you retarded?
>>
Better, if poetics is your bag. Worse if you're plot slave babby.
>>
People that rave about the The Leftovers are the same people that find Jaden Smith tweets profound.
>>
>>83491315
>I need to find a 'risible' comparation because i don't like this and i need to reafirm myself, the post
>>
>>83491154
Sopranos is great sure, but there will probably never be anything like The Leftovers ever again.
>>
>>83490740

Nope

It could have been had it finished with a season as strong as 1 and 2 but sadly it hasn't.

Overall it's good
>>
>>83491231

Literally the entire third season is just plot and retreads of past character developments
>>
>>83491053
>The Leftovers
>subtle
>>
>>83491123
breaking bad is NOWHERE near as good as the leftovers
come the fuck on
>>
>>83490740
Yes.
Couldnt get through the first 30 minutes of the first episode of the first season of the sopranos.
The Leftovers is what Drama should be.
>>
>>83491669
pretentious, vapid, humorless. all words that apply equally to the leftovers and jaden smith's tweets.
>>
File: eeee.jpg (196KB, 813x457px) Image search: [Google]
eeee.jpg
196KB, 813x457px
Is your body ready for the kin-ale on Sunday?
>>
>>83492338
where is this screenshot from? it's def not in the finale teaser.
>>
>>83490740
Better than Deadwood but, The Wire and Sopranos are superior.
>>
I would like it more if it wasn't for all the ABC-tier montages with famous songs (or covers of famous songs)
>>
>>83492261
>humorless

fuckoff with your shit opinions. you have to be retarded to thought it is humorless. 'pretentious, vapid' just serves to prove you are pretentious.

>>83490740
i love the sopranos, the wire is a really well crafted show but never hooked me and i've never seen deadwood. i'd have to rate leftovers as the most kino tv i've ever seen. its just so damn unique. no scene feels like filler or out of place. i get a big smile on my face as i start to open the episode even though i'm a depressed cuntbag most of the time and the show is 'depressing'. it's just so damn good.
>>
File: 1325999520151.jpg (45KB, 407x407px) Image search: [Google]
1325999520151.jpg
45KB, 407x407px
>>83492704
>Better than Deadwood
>>
i'm loving all those quick flashes to previous episodes, they let me know exactly what I'm supposed to be thinking/feeling.

Should would be very confusing otherwise.
>>
>>83493930

Such a good technique to introduce in the final season. Certainly not a further sign of the extreme laziness and sloppiness that has all but ruined season 3.
>>
>>83494050
Seasons 1 and 2 also have the quick flashes.
>>
>>83494147

If you're implying it's to the same degree then I hope you know you're lying

The last episode's use of flashbacks was laughably on-the-nose.
>>
>>83490740
I have to say no, and I love it. While the final episode has yet to air, each season has been a little worse. Season 1>2>3 will probably be my rating.
>>
>>83494147
I do kinda miss how the quick flashes in s1 were SUDDEN AND LOUD. Really broke the monotony a bit
>>
>>83492519
it was in their promo materials

i'm andy greenwald
>>
Not as good as the sopranos as a whole. But some episodes are better than some of the sopranos best episodes.
>>
>>83493599
I'm on the other side of that spectrum. The Wire is one of the best things I've watched, but Leftovers failed to grab me. It's well made and I appreciate it, but I'm not fawning over it for some reason. I guess I can see the flaws and they keep me from fully enjoying it. This would be a GOAT series with other showrunners.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.