[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IMDB BOARDS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

File: Imdb-message-boards-header.jpg (101KB, 633x356px) Image search: [Google]
Imdb-message-boards-header.jpg
101KB, 633x356px
Are there any refugees who came here after the genocide? The studios won a battle but not the war
>>
>>83484031
How do you know it was the studios?
>>
>>83484031

SJW's won that battle not studios.
>>
This is why we can't have nice things. Maybe if you guys could keep mean-spirited comments to yourselves then this wouldn't have happened.
>>
File: 133637384916.jpg (115KB, 500x635px) Image search: [Google]
133637384916.jpg
115KB, 500x635px
It feels weird that I didn't even know the message boards existed until people started making a fuss about it.
Was it really that huge of a thing?
>>
>>83484031
We need to get rid of toxic trolling and harassment:
1. Remove youtube comments section
2. Make Twitter unique to each phone number
3. Require facebook accounts to be verified with picture id.
>>
File: 1396455889748.png (1MB, 1334x1627px) Image search: [Google]
1396455889748.png
1MB, 1334x1627px
nah I never gave a fuck, been here on /tv/ since 2009 or so.

what was so special about the IMDB board anyway?
>>
>>83485604
Sounds like the soviet union
>>
File: 1357515054098.jpg (24KB, 691x483px) Image search: [Google]
1357515054098.jpg
24KB, 691x483px
>>83485604
I honestly don't see anything wrong with this at all, being completely serious here.
>>
>>83485674
there was a dedicated board for virtually every film ever made. Even for an obscure film there was a discussion.
>>
>>83485772
so what?
>>
>>83485800
there was no other place to discuss these films
>>
>>83485772
the fuck
so I assume they closed them because of maintenance costs
>>
>>83485853
just discuss them here instead
>>
>>83485855
what's the cost of the shittiest message board ever coded? It's nothing. They did it because the studios had bo control over the board. Now the same studiso are saying RT kille Baywatch and Pirates 5...
>>
>>83484989

Negative feedback and sentiments on site that mostly advertises movies, Amazon and studios. They let the boards become troll infested flamewar on purpose so they could use that as excuse shut 'em down. The problem is that active forum users were ones that wrote reviews, trivia and shieet. IMDb's value as source of information will go down. Well reviews and ratings on IMDb have turned into much shittier than those used to be long time ago. Too many shills and fanboys. Boards for older movies remained mostly good until the end.

>Are there any refugees who came here after the genocide?

I have been here since long before Boadscaust.

>>83485486
>Was it really that huge of a thing?

Boards for older movies and indie movies used to be awesome sources of information.... fuckloads of great suggestion thread and other shit. I found a lot of good movies I would have never even heard about there.

>>83485604

Fuck off back to kikebook normie. We need to make NewsGroups great again.

>>83485674

About two decades worth of information on some boards with complete absence of shitposts. Actual movie makers making regular appearances on certain boards. Boards for new and relatively recent blockbusters were cancer.

>>83485800
>so what?

Treasure trove of information about obscure movies... all of 'em. Something that will never come back to internet as social media isn't suitable platform for actually deep discussions. Since userbase will just disperse it is unlikely that there will be as populated replacement for IMDb's boards. They announced killing the boards so with so short notice that pretty much no-one could make proper archive.
>>
>>83485901

You don't seem to understand. Threads would last years and might not get replies for months.
>>
>>83485772
This. The boards were absolute garbage. But no matter how shitty or obscure a film was, you would find at least a couple of incredibly unqualified opinions there. There's not a single place like it.
>>
>>83485901
no discussion is possible on 4chan, the threads are short-lived
>>
>>83485901

This isn't persistent board. Only way to post essay like responses here is wall of pasta. You can't get proper replies on a fucking image board. These things exist for shitposting. Comparing it with a proper forum is apples and oranges comparison. There aren't threads that can last for years in /tv/.
>>
>>83485953
>what's the cost of the shittiest message board ever coded?
I dunno man, I assume that keeping all those pages up sure costs something. I mean 4chan has difficulties with I don't know how many boards, imagine having hundreds of thousands of boards for basically each tiny obscure unknown movie ever made
>They did it because the studios had bo control over the board.
elaborate on this because I hardly see how studios give a shit about forum posts to the point of somehow force IMDB to close them
>Now the same studiso are saying RT kille Baywatch and Pirates 5...
not justifying them, but I'm sure RT sure has a lot more influence on moviegoers compared to IMDB boards
>>
>>83485742
reminds me of that time travel ds9 episode set 8-16 years from now where everyone needed an internet license.

always wondered why they havent forced it yet.
>>
>>83485982
>The boards were absolute garbage. But no matter how shitty or obscure a film was, you would find at least a couple of incredibly unqualified opinions there.

Boards for obscure enough films could actually contain useful information.

>There's not a single place like it.

There isn't place for discussing any fucking movie ever made anymore. Most smaller and decent quality film forums are almost always focused on some genre in a way that posting about scifi stuff on horror forum may lead to ban. General purpose nature was unique feature for IMDb boards.

>>83486057
>elaborate on this because I hardly see how studios give a shit about forum posts to the point of somehow force IMDb to close them

Bad publicity risk for studios and amazon who happens be retail outlet for movies.

>>83486062

Anonymity and pseudonymity are only things that ensure free speech on intertubes.
>>
>>83485962
>Fuck off back to kikebook normie
And this is why your side lost the popular vote
>>
>>83486370
>Boards for obscure enough films could actually contain useful information.
I'm not arguing with you here. I once found subtitles for the fanedit of Fire Walk With Me on the IMDb boards. I'm pretty sure it's not available anymore on the internet now.
>>
>>83486370
>amazon who happens be retail outlet for movies
wait what does amazon have to do with this?
and anyway, what power do the studios have to make IMDB close its boards?
>>
>>83485486
Well the site had one of the oldest forums specifically dedicated to discussing movies and television. Imdb is the largest movie database and each movie had a message board dedicated to it so you could find discussions about virtually any movie. From the sounds of things a lot of people met their lifelong friends over there too.
>>
>>83485677
No, in the Soviet Union the government lets you troll then throws you in prison when your neighbour rats you out.
>>
>>83486424
The what, you stupid dumb faggot?
>>
>>83486468
Amazon owns IMDb.
>>
File: 616358712.jpg (39KB, 680x497px) Image search: [Google]
616358712.jpg
39KB, 680x497px
>>83485962
>Negative feedback and sentiments on site that mostly advertises movies

This, and it all happened right after the whole "A Dogs Purpose" controversy
>>
I really dn why they got rid of it, people used it. Like regularly, every day.
>>
>>83486424
>And this is why your side lost the popular vote

Comes to 4chan to demand end of free speech and anonymity. You are the one that has taken wrong turn in the tubes.

>>83486461
>I once found subtitles for the fanedit of Fire Walk With Me on the IMDb boards.

Obscure stuff like this made the boards worth checking out every once in a while.

>>83486468
>wait what does amazon have to do with this?
>and anyway, what power do the studios have to make IMDB close its boards?

Amazon owns IMDb and they sell movies. Studios advertise on IMDb. Accidental hit on page dn or one scroll on mouse wheel too much... this movie is cancer/vomit/ripoff as topic for last ten new threads on thing both Amazon and studios are selling.
>>
>>83486601
well colour me surprised
tfw next week I have a phone interview with amazon and didn't know about this
still, I fail to see the studios forcing amazon to close it. I mean, what would they do? deny him their movies? It's one, if not the biggest online seller
>>
I'm guessing they just closed it down because they didn't want to pay to keep it up anymore. They stopped giving a fuck about that place a long time ago.
>>
>>83486712
>Comes to 4chan to demand end of free speech
>end
You're cute Mr. Neo Nazi.
>>
>>83486714
You forget that Amazon now produces their own movies/series. And of course they're interested in many people watching the third-party stuff they stream.
>>
>>83486922
fair enough, I can buy Amazon playing 4d chess instead of studios telling it what to do
>>
File: download.png (7KB, 286x176px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
7KB, 286x176px
>>83486714
>It's one, if not the biggest online seller

They have as much interest in selling movies as studios and they have basically become another studio in recent years.

>>83486786
>I'm guessing they just closed it down because they didn't want to pay to keep it up anymore. They stopped giving a fuck about that place a long time ago.

IMDb is where they got a ton of clicks to movies they were selling. People that actually used their boards are ones that probably buy lot more movies than average users and ones that generated their content trivia pages and shieet. One of the reasons anyone ever visited that site.

>>83486844
>You're cute Mr. Neo Nazi.

""""Moderate"""" liberals are just as delusional as /pol/tards. Everyone that doesn't believe in corporate censorship is nazi.
>>
>>83485962
the amount of reddit in this post is staggering
>>
>>83485674
Damn Kim possible looks like that!!
>>
>>83487713
we're not on /b/, muh reddit friend
>>
>>83485962
Wow this is embarrassing. You need a hobby anon
>>
>>83484031
It had nothing to do with he studios. I can tell you this because I have worked with people who ran those boards

Amazing quickly realized the forums and IMDb itself were filled with trolls who had multiple accounts. These same folks would try to use their many accounts to effect the scores of various movies. They would also shit up the forums with the same kind of low grade shit posting topics you see on /tv/. There were tons of people who spent their time writing troll reviews for popular movies

At one point amazon said "why are we paying for this?" And they pulled the plug
>>
>>83485604
I actually agree with this
>>
>>83487868
So basically 4chan retards killed IMDb forums
>>
>>83487960
nah its just fallout from the election.
4chan will probably be pay only by the next one.
>>
>>83487960
4chan killed the IMDb star
4chan killed the IMDb star
4chan killed the IMDB star
In my mind and for my tsar.
>>
>>83487868
Shutting down the boards won't affect everything you just said was happening
>>
>>83487868
There are low grade shit posting topics in every big forum that exist. Same thing on reddit and youtube. Yet nobody thinks it would be legitimate to shut them down. And btw, shutting the boards doesn't prevent trolls from writing troll reviews. And was the admin worried about studio shills making positive reviews?
>>
>>83487960
imdb forums were dead for a decade before they were removed
>>
>>83484031
/tv/ is no replacement for the imdb boards

moviechat is the best place I found
>>
>>83485901
herp derp
have you ever made a thread about The Navigator: A Medieval Odyssey (1988)? No one responded.
>>
>>83484031
The studios?
It wasn't them. Earlier they just have to check the forums to see what normies wanted. Now they have to rely again on professional critics and "blocks your path" threads on /tv/. That's why movies are shit today.
>>
>you will never get the latest Brendan Fraser gossip from TheChamCham again
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.