[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>1,295 days until Avatar 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 10

>1,295 days until Avatar 2
>>
File: selfie-angry-pug.jpg (49KB, 599x600px) Image search: [Google]
selfie-angry-pug.jpg
49KB, 599x600px
>>83479749
Don't make me start on the subject
>>
>>83479749
My [striped, blue, cat-person] body is ready, desu senpai
>>
>>83479749
I feel bad for you. This shit got delayed twice.
>>
Reminder that Disney literally does not give a shit about Avatar now that they have Star Wars
>>
>>83482477
The difference is that Avatar has potential while Star Wars is stale and generic. And it's terrible sci-fi top to bottom. It's the pewpew kind of sci-fi for manchildren and other simpletons.
>>
>>83482536
this
>>
D-did the countdown increase?
>>
>>83482536
Only has potential if they focus on different alien species each movie. Otherwise shits already stale. Man against nature is played out.
>>
File: 1427840771808.jpg (63KB, 722x349px) Image search: [Google]
1427840771808.jpg
63KB, 722x349px
>>83479749
who fell for the 3D meme in Avatar back then?
>>
>>83483549
Future sci-fi man against alien nature. There's potential.
>>
NO CULTURAL IMPRINT
NO CULTURAL IMPRINT
NO CULTURAL IMPRINT
NO CULTURAL IMPRINT
>>
File: 1495631777633.jpg (62KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1495631777633.jpg
62KB, 720x960px
>make movie where the humans trying to survive are the villains
>expect me to root for the genocidal aliens

nope
>>
>>83483579
I loved the 3D in Avatar and I still consider my Avatar viewing experience at the theater the best of my life. I was fully immersed in the world and the narrative and I fucking loved that huge final battle. I remember watching it at least 30 times at home. Found a shitty camrip online and just watched that final battle over and over again. To this day it's my favorite grand scale action set piece. Perfectly directed through and through with so many epic moments Really epic and cool, not cringy cool. Also no jump cuts, no shaky cam, no obnoxious close-ups, no terrible jokes or quips. Just pure action where the outcome feels as crucial as it is to the plot.
>>
>>83483657
>genocidal aliens

In the context of the movie that would be the humans. They arrived on Pandora and started all that shit so calling the Navi genocidal is just absurd. And the moral grey area is what makes the film interesting in my opinion. Are the humans justified in killing another sapient lifeform so they can get the planet's resources? Maybe it's for their survivival, maybe it's just for profits. In the end the humans were definitely the aggressors and I'd argue the Navi had every right to defend their planet and way of life.

I mean if a ton of middle eastern refugees flooded the West so they can enjoy the resources of the West, for whatever reason even if it's for their survival, and the West fights them, would the West be genocidal?
>>
>>83479749
Is-Is this true anon-kun...?
>>
>>83483979
No, that would definitely be the aliens. The humans are digging in a handful of places for a mineral necessary to sustain the existence of their species. The aliens kill them for this.

Your analogy fails.
>>
>>83483657
How were they genocidal? They defeated the humans militarily, and then allowed them to leave the planet unmolested.
>>
File: 1402027756435.jpg (421KB, 1277x827px) Image search: [Google]
1402027756435.jpg
421KB, 1277x827px
>>83484099
>How were they genocidal?
It's explained the humans require the mineral or earth is doomed. The aliens refuse to even negotiate, choosing violence instead.

>They defeated the humans militarily,
Wrong, they were defeated. It was the planetary consciousness that then zerg-rushed the victorious humans to reverse the situation.

>and then allowed them to leave the planet unmolested.
Literally sending them "back to their dying world". Condemning the human race to death.

This is how it should have ended.
>>
>>83484090
>The aliens kill them for this.

The humans wanted to kill them all. After the Navi won they let the remaining humans surrender and leave. They wanted them gone, not dead. The humans invaded their planet and started messing around. Once they found more resources under their home they burned it down after the Navi refused to leave. The Navi had every right to fight back.
>>
>>83484186
>The humans wanted to kill them all
If the humans had wanted to, they would have. They had the capability to. They didn't. This is *well* established in the film.

The Navi consistently choose violence, trying to kill non-combatants doing their jobs.
>>
>tfw abatap is still in a Russian gulag
>>
File: 1360956650087.png (168KB, 414x433px) Image search: [Google]
1360956650087.png
168KB, 414x433px
>>83479749
>days
>not neys
Get out.
>>
>>83484182
>The aliens refuse to even negotiate
They have every right to refuse to negotiate. What makes you think just because humans got their ass on the planet that the Navi should bow down and met their demands? The humans were invaders who arrived without invitation. If you imagine the scneario reversed where the invaders are aliens landing on Earth you wouldn't be arguing for the aliens.

Your shitty fan fiction is exactly that. Shitty fan fiction.
>>
File: avatard swallows Big MacCameron.jpg (44KB, 681x460px) Image search: [Google]
avatard swallows Big MacCameron.jpg
44KB, 681x460px
>>83479749

when is your next visit to Jims?
>>
>>83484231
In the end the humans wanted to. Do you think all those mechs and gunships were armed with tranquilizer guns?

They chose violence because they saw the humans as alien invaders who disturbed their way of life and they said in the movie that humans have killed Navi some time before the movie takes place. The events in the movie weren't the first escalation.
>>
>>83484311
Their "rights" end when they choose to commit murder.
And when their actions condemn the human race to extinction, no they're not within their rights to do that.

>shitty fan fiction
Literally no worse than the actual Avatar script

>six legged horses
>dances with wolves in space
what quality
>>
>>83484393
>In the end the humans wanted to destroy a tree to scare the violent critters away
ftfy
>>
>>83484424
I guess if a bunch of illegal muslims wanted to scare (terrorize) Americans by blowing up the statue of liberty in order to make their point and have their demans met you'd totally understand and argue for them right?
>>
>>83484300
>this is what butthurt haters actually believe
cry more
>>
>>83484487
>le /pol/ meme arguments
oh man that's convincing, i guess humanity should go extinct
>>
>>83484395
The extinction of another species that lives on another planet doesn't concern the Navi. Why shoud it? The humans arrived uninvited with the mindset to use their planet as a giant mine for their needs.

Are you as empathic for middle eastern immigrants who arrive in america? They are dying in wars over there but something tells me you don't speak out like that when it comes to them wanting our resources to ensure their survival.
>>
>>83484569
>HUMANITY FIRST NO MATTER WHAT!

Do you not understand morals? Ethics? Just because in the movie the invading force happens to be the same species as you doesn't mean they are right to do whatever they want.

And what /pol/? The movie is about an invading force wanting resources. It's a political and ethics discussion so mentioning a very similar thing that happens today on Earth is somehow /pol/-worthy? The only reason you even talk about the ethical viewpoint about their actions is because they are human. Were it the other way around you would celebrate the defeat of the invaders.
>>
>>83484574
what an ironic post
>>
>>83484672
What an empty response. Are you writing just to read your own words?

>and what /pol/
Your weird /pol/ack "examples" that have no bearing in reality. That's what.
>>
>>83484770
>What an empty response.

I guess your response here is filled to the brim with great arguments and examples and counterpoints. Weak.

You don't argue back because you have no arguments. I dismantled your position. You know very well that I'm right and your simpleminded support for the invaders in the film, just because they happen to be the same species as you, betrays your ethical footing.
>>
File: Neytiri_2192.jpg (325KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Neytiri_2192.jpg
325KB, 1920x1080px
>all the retards ITT arguing that the jews that mass murders to dig a giant hole and sell minerals to the highest bidder are actually the good guys

protip: the humans in avatar are not trying to save earth, they want to make money. At no point is it said what the mineral actually does. They do say earth is more or less fucked and sort of imply it's either on the verge of becoming post-apoc or just a mass extinction, but for all we know the minerals can just be space-crack.
The na'vi did literally nothing wrong as they defended their home and way of life and the moon itself acted once it understood that the humans would fuck it up.

and of course obligatory Neytiri posting with that, can't wait for the sequel
>>
File: 1494422107500.jpg (136KB, 698x948px) Image search: [Google]
1494422107500.jpg
136KB, 698x948px
>>83483657
>genocidal aliens
>"oy vey! You can't send us back to our homeworld that we destroyed all by ourselves! It's annuda shoah! Open your borders!"
>>
>>83483549
>implying the sequels won't be terminators vs na'vi
>>
>>83486622
I also saw that post.
>>
File: IMG_0898.jpg (255KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0898.jpg
255KB, 1280x720px
Who here has gone?

I thought it looked FUCKING AMAZING. Didn't go on any of rides though cause I wasn't gonna kill my legs for 4 hours
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.