[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was everyone biased against Slytherin?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 230
Thread images: 26

File: IMG_5863.jpg (239KB, 800x1026px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5863.jpg
239KB, 800x1026px
Why was everyone biased against Slytherin?
>>
Two answers.

Reality: Plot reasons.

Story based logic: The Slytherins were considered evil or just mean spirited Witches and Wizards in general. They constantly bullied and harassed other students throughout the series.
>>
>>83473672
Because they were cunts.
Even the "good" ones were comprised of a manipulative and self indulgent teacher, and another teacher that was so bitter about Chad taking his waifu that he bullied children for decades.
>>
>>83473793
The story built the narrative that you should boo and hiss whenever Slytherin was even mentioned, before they even did anything. It was a tad unfair. Their living quarters was a dungeon for fucks sake.
>>
>>83473829
Which teacher was the manipulative self indulgent one?
>>
they're just bent on personal success as opposed to friendship. JRR didn't do a good job of fleshing them out and except maybe for Slughorn everyone there was painted as evil or at least a total cunt
>>
>Slytherin you had the most points but I'm gonna give gryffindor these extra "fuck you" points just cause.
>>
>>83473944
We all know the only reason Slytherin has the most points is because Snape docks points from all other houses for fuck all. They had won seven years in a row before the series events.
>>
>>83473898
Slughorn.
He outright states that he uses nepotism and favouritism to get people to high positions, then uses those connections to get himself stuff for free.
>>
>>83473944
Slytherin got a bunch of fake points from Snape anyway
>>
>>83473793
How about dissolve Slytherin as a house then, so they are forced to interact with the "good" kids, and maybe get some positive influence? Or, barring that, as soon as the hat sends someone to Slytherin, expel them from Hogwarts, and make it a crime to teach them magic. Seems like it would save them a lot of trouble in the long run.

If I got put into a certain house because of a fucking hat, and everyone treated me like shit for the rest of my life because of it, I'd probably grow to be kind of angry too. Dumbledore was a shitty headmaster.
>>
>>83473944
Even as a kid this pissed me off.
>>
Was there even a "good"- good as not evil- character in Slytherin? Never cared about the books and stopped watching the movies after Azkaban.
I remember there were no gray zones at all on this matter.
BRAVO JK
>>
>>83473672

Slytherin is the most based. They got Harry Potter but the sorting hat gave him griffendor because the hats a real nigga and was trying to help Harry score with hermonie

But that never happened because griffendor is the cuck house
Slyrherin was by far the LEAST autistic house in all of hog warts
>>
>>83474223
>Slytherin was by far the LEAST autistic house in all of hog warts

Holy shit this. Slytherin easily had the smartest students.
>>
>>83473997
If we go by Chamber of secrets, the problem had existed for over 60 years, probably more.
>>
Im b4 DULLEST
>>
>>83474221

Snape. He was an asshole but at the end of the day he did the right thing. Also, there are a bunch of adults we see who might have been in Slytherin as children for all we know and turned out alright.
>>
The Prequel Star Wars Trilogy > LOTR > Original Star Wars Trilogy > Entire Harry Potter Series
>>
File: 1477318257124.jpg (38KB, 412x430px) Image search: [Google]
1477318257124.jpg
38KB, 412x430px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=351Aa5q_S98

I too would be bitter if this happened to me.
>>
>>83474472
Snape ended up being the best guy ever and everyone recognizes him as a martyr. Nothing neutral there and one would I argue it's the exception that proves the rule
And the alright adults are as far as I remember never mentioned or shown, It's just a assumption, a rational one, but it doesn't really make you feel any better about Slytherin
>>
>>83473672
Fun fact: in "the Cursed Child" Harry's autistic son gets sorted into Slytherin and becomes best friends with Malfoy's autistic son.
>>
>>83474974
The narrative tries to tell you he's the best guy ever, but the fact remains that he was a bitter, bullying cunt that sabotaged the education of hundreds, if not thousands, of children
>>
>>83475022
So boruto basically
>>
>>83473944
>Griffindor kids get points from saving the world from Evil Wizard Reborn
>Slytherin whores get points from literally sucking Snape's cock as depicted in Witch Trainer
>>
>>83474221
Merlin
Regulus Black
Horace Slughorn
Pretty sure I read somewhere Harry's kid is in slytherin
>>
>>83474974

For many of the adults we don't know which house they were in period.
>>
File: 02f[1].jpg (34KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
02f[1].jpg
34KB, 655x527px
>>83475103
>Hogwarts foundation: Circa Tenth Century
>Merlin: Circa Sixth Century
BRAVO ROWLING
>>
After fantastic beasts Rowling is making a hogwarths founder movie. The fassbender is being eyed to play salazar who is initially anti Muggle because his family were burned alive by Muggles in Ireland but he becomes the hero of the story and saves mud bloods and Muggle born children after proto death eaters invade hogwarths. He comes back during the Battle and finds non pure blood students being fed on by dementia and casts a expecto pretronous signifying his change of hear. T. Guy at Warner Bros.
>>
>>83473971
>>83473987
this
people complain about dumbledore favoring griffindor but ignore how fucking anal snape was
>>
>>83475183
I hope they show the scene where Slytherin volunteers to build the 12-year old girls' bathrooms and nobody finds this suspicious.
>>
>>83475049
i mean the guy was a literal cuck, no wonder he got so bitter
>>
>>83475166
Maybe in her canon thats when Merlin lived.

If Guy Ritchie can have Arthur be King of England I don't see why Merlin can't have a 400 year timeskip.
>>
File: young Bellatrix.jpg (80KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
young Bellatrix.jpg
80KB, 600x900px
>tfw you'll never be transported back in time, sorted into Slytherin so you can save Bellatrix
>>
What amazes me is how the entire world is not biased yet against Harry Potter, the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Seriously, each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though r-right
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.
>>
>>83475141
weasley family (parents) are 100% in griffindor
>>
>>83475103
>Merlin
>who lived in the dark ages by even the most generous legends claims, and some put him as living in barely post Roman Britain
>being in a school set up in the medieval era
She really needs someone to filter her before she says dumb shit like that.
>>
>>83473672
all they seem to be known for is being arseholes
why would anyone want to live in that house?
>>
>>83475246
See
>>83475211

Merlin isn't the first mythical thing she's incorporated into her series and she's far from the first to do so. It seems like a weird thing to nitpick. Especially considering its a children's book
>>
I dated a girl for years who was really into Harry Potter during her childhood, so we used to make a lot of jokes and references all the time.

>what house do you think you would be in?
>id be in slytherin probably. would you still like me if i was in slytherin?

She got so randy that we had terrific sex then and there.

Bitches fucking love getting SLYTHERED.
>>
>>83475275
You are an asshole and want to live with the Staceys (not the Chads, those are griffindor)
>>
>>83474221
No, Rowling is literally a hack. I think she's stated that Slytherin students are no different from the other houses, but she never demonstrates this in the books.
>>
>>83475336
Imagine if you said black people were normal and no different than whites. Then you wrote a book series about them resurrecting black Dracula.
>>
>>83475290
The whole point of Merlin is that he, alongside Arthur, were bright lights in the dark that were brought down by tragedy and hubris.
If you just throw his name out there in the wrong era because you fucked up and forgot to make any non asshole Slytherin's, it's completely pointless.
What's worse is that there's hardly a lack of ambitious British people with an air of mystery in that era for her to choose from.
>>
>>83475498
There's a million other things to be triggered from in this children's series if an anachronism regarding a mythical figure is what does you in.

I can't picture you reading any of these without blowing a gasket.
>>
>>83475551
Oh shut up, that's like saying who cares they put Abraham Lincoln in the 1930s it's just a children's book. Fucking ridiculous
>>
>>83475551
That's because you're the type of idiot that reads a dissenting opinion and thinks disagreement equals rage.
It's a dumb idea she threw out because she didn't think it through, and there are plenty of reasons why.

All the gymnantiscs and rationalisations won't change that.
>>
>>83475587
Its actually nothing like that.

Don't watch Guy Ritchie's King Arthur. Your head will explode.
>>
>>83473672
>wizard Hitler and every other notorious wizard criminal all come from the same house
>every Slytherin we meet at Hogwarts is an asshole
>Slytherin is basically the juvenile delinquent house

My headcanon is that house system was a front so they could corral all the problem kids into one place. Their dorms are literally in the dungeon.
>>
>>83475608
>That's because you're the type of idiot that reads a dissenting opinion and thinks disagreement equals rage.

Its actually not. I never said you were "enraged" I said you were triggered. Which you clearly are because a footnote in a children's novel has you making posts like this.
>>
>>83475700
I hope you get gang raped
>>
>>83473997
It's the other way around, Salazar Slytherin invented the sorting hat so only purebloods were put in one house so the day of the pyre was easy to pull on all the race mixers
>>
>>83475700
The weasel words you're using to imply something then run away and acting smug when that implication is taken, piss me off far more than a hack author trying to cover her books holes with ricepaper.

But I'm glad to see you've accepted how stupid the idea was since you're no longer trying to defend it.
>>
>>83475801
"Oh mom I really made some sperg rage on the internet today" " thats nice dear"
>>
>>83473672
They're the niggers of HP
>>
File: yes im gay.jpg (63KB, 470x419px) Image search: [Google]
yes im gay.jpg
63KB, 470x419px
>>83475587

>that's like saying who cares they put Abraham Lincoln in the 1930s
Abraham Lincoln was a very real US president. Merlin was a character in a story. Which of those things did you not know when you hit Post?
>>
>>83475879
On a side note, the goblins that run gringgotts are Jews right? I mean they look like jews
>>
File: 1452151098169.png (40KB, 825x635px) Image search: [Google]
1452151098169.png
40KB, 825x635px
>>83475801

>triggered, as in upset, disconcerted
>enraged, as in furious, angry

>weasel words
No I think the problem here is you have very low reading comprehension. But while you're at it what am I no longer "trying to defend"?

That its not a big deal if a mythical character gets used in anyway that remotely deviates from your established canon? There's no arguing with autism at that level anon. Stubborn people need to come around by themselves.
>>
>>83473672
Apparently Rowling couldn't decide if each house selected for morally-neutral characteristics, with Slytherin getting ambitious and individualistic students who didn't give much priority to empathy but without being necessarily evil, or if evil people just went to Slytherin.
>>
>>83473672
Too white
>>
>>83475954
She seems like she has a dry cooter.
>>
Part of what makes the Harry Potter series an,intetesting marker in the history of film is that theyhad all these British theatre trained actors at their disposal ripe for taking roles as professors, dursleys, etc and it made the series a little more than an absolute Marvel teir cash grab but not by much
>>
>>83476144
>intetesting marker in the history of film is that theyhad all these British theatre trained actors at their disposal ripe for taking roles as professors
What is Star Wars (1977)?
>>
>>83473672
They're the trump of Harry Potter houses.
>>
>>83476388
Got any Titanic jokes? How about Paris Hilton?
>>
>>83473906
She said that everyone that were sorted into Slytherin are racists.
>>
>>83476432
Not for nothing, but this jk broad sounds like a real pain in the you know where. Am I right fellas?
>>
>>83476432
Source?
>>
>>83476514
http://www.mtv.com/news/2155419/jk-rowling-slytherin-racially-superior/

First article that came up when I googled it.
>>
>>83476534
Wow what a fucking cunt
>>
Prepare yourself for the edgiest shit you'll see today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2izAotP9go
>>
>>83476635
This isn't edgy this is pure cringe
>>
Slytherin was controlled opposition, hufflepuff and ravenclaw were controlled mediocrity and allies, all de-aged crisis actors. Hogwarts was an unsafe deathtrap on purpose. The only real house was Gryffindor, which is where wizard eugenics test subjects were trained from a very early age to be the mightiest practitioners of magic, and amazing physical specimens, in order to defend humanity against shit way worse than Voldemort.

Regular witches and wizards went to small community schools which were very safe and not prone to world-ending climactic events every semester.
>>
>>83476669
yes
>>
>>83476635
>We're lightning fast on our guitars
>There are no guitars in the song
Am I missing something here?
>>
>>83476224
Yes but the careers involved are different because it was a different time period. Things similar to one another can happen at different times, but one doesn't negate the other
>>
Because that happens in real life too, people are biased against some things that aren't necessarily bad, for no reason or for reasons they don't even know.
>>
Because the Hat sent evil people to Slytherin, that's literally it
>>
>>83476764
Give an example, I think you are over simplifying it
>>
File: 1235467077.png (316KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1235467077.png
316KB, 480x480px
>>83476635
st-st-st-stop
>>
>>83477154
Hitler
>>
Success breed jealousy
The plebs always yearn for what the patricians have
>>
>>83476635
JEZUS READ THE COMMENTS GUYS HOLY SHIT
>>
>>83476534
Wouldn't all brits be put into slytherian since every brit hates either pakis or poles
>>
>>83477162
OK good point, I too thought Hitler was bad till I watched the accurate translations of his speeches. Dude made some good points and you have to be biased not to admit that
>>
>>83477154
-politics in general
-Nickelback (many people never even listened to them to confirm they are bad)
>>
>>83473672

Because JK Rowling is a dogshit writer that has no sense of nuance or scale.
>>
>>83475225
Thank u m8. I was getting afraid i wouldn't find the pasta this time.
>>
>>83477154
Not memeing, but white nationalism for example.

The idea that whites should live with others of their kind is heresy, but really nothing inherently evil.
>>
>>83477200
'Harry Potter was a mistake'
J.K. Rowling.
>>
>>83475183
Nah he's probably gonna start out as the good guy and become evil by the end, like magneto
>>
>>83475091
but according do witch trainer the one who sucks the most dicks for points is definately from gryffindor
>>
>>83474223
this
they were a voice of reason in cuckwarts. No wonder everyone hated them
>>
Has Rowling ever written anything that isn't some sort of allegorical historical fanfiction?

>lol harry potter the BASED mixed race hero and his diverse crew fight against the evil dark lord DRUMPFELMORT and his sturmtroopers also known as the aryan brotherhood of slytherin
>>
>>83479680
I mean, Rowling literally wrote the first book while on welfare and voting Labour. What the hell do you expect? I'm stunned Hermione wasn't named Fatima and wore a hijab.
>>
leaving the whole house rivalry thing aside imagine if you were just one of the regular students wondering why a bunch of first years are each getting 50 points
>>
>>83477770
White isn't a nationality. "White nationalism" is just a retarded American attempt at politically correct racism. America isn't a nation state and should stop pretending to be.
>>
>>83480481
Replace white nationalism with ethnonationalism then.
>>
>>83480556
White isn't an ethnic group either, hell no far right organization can even agree on what constitutes white
>Irish aren't white
>Italians aren't white
>Slavs aren't white
>French aren't white
>Spanish aren't white
>Whites aren't white
They're as bad as fucking Abos with their "we're an ethnic group" but they can't decide exactly who qualifies
>>
File: CWwi1HpW4AAE3fp.png (109KB, 600x420px) Image search: [Google]
CWwi1HpW4AAE3fp.png
109KB, 600x420px
>>83479940
>>
File: tumblr_nzprn6py5F1tag0kwo1_500.png (206KB, 500x541px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzprn6py5F1tag0kwo1_500.png
206KB, 500x541px
>>83480800
And she never responded.
>>
>>83480747
>hell no far right organization can even agree on what constitutes white
Yes they can you retard, stop believing every divide and conquer tactic used against Europeans. If our government had not considered Irish and Italians white they wouldn't have been able to come through Ellis Island.
>>
File: ugly shebon.jpg (462KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
ugly shebon.jpg
462KB, 1280x800px
>>83480800
why did they cast such an ugly shebon? atleast cast an attractive niggeress if you are going to change race
>>
>>83480894
Your government isn't the deciding factor and never has been, white nationalists oppose it on every fucking point as part of their spiel about not being "part of da system"
>>
>>83473672
is slytherin the niggers of Harry Potter?
>>
>>83480970
they're literally the racists

there are no niggers in harry potter
>>
>>83480955
>Implying modern day yank white nationalists would dislike early 20th century American government immigration policy simply because they want to "fuck da system at all costs man"
>>
>>83480875
white is subjective
>>
>>83481025
Black is everywhere
>>83481055
They quite literally did, it was called the Know-Nothing movement you stupid cunt
>>
>>83481096
>modern day
>1850's

lmao
>>
It's not a bias if it's a fact, Slytherin shat out multiple evil wizards.
>>
>>83481138
Oh I'm sure plenty of your typical white nat crowd would find enough reason to hate them damn papists taking muh job just as readily as they do with coons and pakis, it's nothing new or exceptional
>>
File: based big ian.jpg (22KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
based big ian.jpg
22KB, 300x250px
>>83481218
You aren't human if you haven't disposed of a few filthy papists to be fair.
>>
>>83480921
This makes sense considering Ron hooked up with her.
>>
>>83474769
Kek, that's actually pretty funny
>>
>>83480875
"Face turned white"

That expression is used when someone is scared. Read a book.
>>
>>83481465
Blacks don't turn white unless they get a well paying job though
>>
File: healthy_brain_240.png (227KB, 240x241px) Image search: [Google]
healthy_brain_240.png
227KB, 240x241px
>>83481465
>>
>>83474221
Slughorn was the only Slytherin portrayed slightly positively, and even then he was shown to be pretty egotistical and self-seeking

Snape doesn't count.
>>
>>83475225
>What amazes me is how the entire world is not biased yet against Harry Potter, the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises
ayy
>>
>>83473672
It was all part of dumbledore's plot. He intentionally placed snape as the head of slytherin to act as evil and as incompetent as he could possibly get away with. Allowing bullying, giving and taking points on a whim just so that dumbledore could keep the truly tallented students out of the house that he feared formed them into dark lords.
>>
>>83473672
Now that I think about it, Hogwarts' house system is pretty based and red-pilled. basically 95% of all criminals and dark wizards were slytherins (I say this as someone who identifies with slytherin's ideals) and most hufflepuffs are lazy degenerates, there's none of that "all four houses are equal and tolerant" bullshit. only thing JKR did right desu.
>>
>>83481465
that expression doesn't apply to black people, the palest they can get is diarrhea brown.
>>
>>83473672
The house system's rigged anyway. Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw never win.
>>
>>83473829
Harry deserved it, he's such a little faggot.
>>
>>83483174
I bet Ravenclaw gets the best fake A levels though
>>
Objective House rankings
Hufflepuff(original description not the faggy one from later books) > Slytherin > Ravenclaw > Gryffindor > retconned weed smoking liberal Hufflepuff from later books
>>
>>83475879
Nah, you can only get into Slytherin if you're pretty clever. Slytherin always gets second in the House Cup. Hufflepuff is the nigger group.
>>
>>83483847
>Hufflepuff is the nigger group.
If anything wouldn't that be Gryffindor?
>Reckless
>Unthinking
>Always getting into fights even among themselves
>Only do something to help if there is opportunity for glory or recognition
>Need affirmative action from Dumbledore to win house cups
>>
>>83484040
This guy gets it

Hufflepuff is the house for the loyal, honest and hard-working
Doesn't really sound like the nigger house to me
>>
>>83475220

I think she was always evil, canonically. She wasn't twisted by the dark lord, she sought him out because of her own nature.
>>
>>83480747

Someone doesn't know their haplogroups.
>>
>>83484040
Yes. Ambition, hard-working, and intelligence are not nigger traits.
>>
File: 1491419571379.png (376KB, 1024x676px) Image search: [Google]
1491419571379.png
376KB, 1024x676px
(((griffyndor )))
>>
>>83481465
Yeah, the expression comes from the fact that the blood rushes away from your face to your vital organs when you're afraid so the idiom angle is retarded. A black person's face isn't going to get any lighter because the blood leaves.
>>
>>83485337
Well I guess they'd look like The Rock instead of Lebron James?
>>
>>83484665
>Hufflepuff is the house for the loyal, honest and hard-working
That turned into snide and petty cunts the moment a bit of house reputation was on the line.
It took them seeing a fucking dragon pit against harry before they realised they may have overreacted a tad.
>>
>>83473672
They weren't. If anything, they weren't biased against Slytherin enough. Blame Rowling for making such a transparently evil House without ANY actually good students in it (no, Draco waffling in the last book doesn't count).
>>
File: IMG_0143.jpg (52KB, 300x244px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0143.jpg
52KB, 300x244px
>>83475940
>that's retarded
>B-but children's book!
>it's still retarded and here's why
>lol U mad
Classic
>>
>>83475461
>Imagine if you said black people were normal and no different than whites. Then you wrote a book series about them resurrecting black Dracula.

well as long as it had Blade hunting him it would be okay
>>
>>83475183
is McKellen going to play old Salazar?
>>
>>83477124
But it wanted to send Harry to Slytheri-ohhhhhh.
>>
>>83486071
ROWLING DOES IT AGAIN.

On the subject, I find it hilarious that Dumbledore accidentally implies the Slytherins are all there because they chose to be cunts in CoS.
>>
>>83481025
The number of black characters in Harry Potter is actually disproportionately high for Great Britain.

Although Rowling demoted Dean Thomas from core group member to secondary character.
>>
>>83484040
Gryffindor is the Chad house for sure.
>>
>>83486132
Rowling's earlier ideas were a lot less nuanced than her later stuff. Unfortunately the earlier stuff was key to the framework that she stuck to.

FBAWTFM isn't the greatest film but Grindelwald is a lot more compelling as Wizard Magneto than Voldemort is as Wizard Hitler/Ted Bundy.
>>
>>83474769
what went so wrong wth Emma Watson?
>>
>>83475049
>tough-as-nails blunt teacher
>sabotaged the education of hundreds, if not thousands, of children

Oh,sweetie youre such a millenial snowflake
>>
>>83486359
Puberty
>>
>>83486181
What? There's about 4 in the whole series. Dean, Angela, Kingsley and the guy from Slytherin.
>>
>>83486415
>Tough as Nails
The problem was quite the reverse for the Slytherins. He favoured them so much that they would be crippled by the lack of constructive criticism.
it's also made clear that Snape's mere presence fucks with the concentration of everyone not in Slytherin, in part because he's such an unreasonably colossal cunt
>>
>>83486489
There's also that kid who was the Quidditch commentator.
>>
>>83486571
Oh yeah, Lee Jordan. Can't think of anyone else. That's hardly disproportionately high.
>>
>>83486649
It is when you consider how small the cast was in the early books.
>>
>>83486684
They were like 10, I think it's a bit harsh to start putting manlet requirements on kids anon
>>
>>83486539
Revisionist History: The Post

Mconagall was just as bad with her Gryffindor favoritism. People just remember Snape because hes edgy. If anything, Snape was more likely to punish a Slytherin then Mcgonagall punishing a Gryffindor.
>>
>>83486742
I meant the overall number of the cast. 3 out of like 12 named Gryffindors were black. It gave the impression that Hogwarts was unusually diverse.
>>
>>83486817
>Snape was more likely to punish a Slytherin then Mcgonagall punishing a Gryffindor.
One Example.
McGonagall gave plenty of Punishments to Harry, name one Snape gave to Slytherin.
And no, putting someone on a Remedial Course isn't a punishment if they genuinely need it.
>>
>>83486817
Yeah, I kind of suspect that Harry was an unreliable narrator about Snape. The ones he really went after were Harry and Neville, and Snape had a personal reason to be obsessed with both of them.

On the other hand, he was nasty to Hermione too. "I see no difference" would have gotten a lot of teachers fired.
>>
Do you think Voldemort makes a hissing noise like a snake when he orgasms?
>>
>>83486892
He also constantly ignores malfoy's baiting in order to punish the inevitable retaliation, as well as Crabbe/Goyle's fuck ups in favour of shitting on Harry/Neville/Ron.
>>
>>83486817
Tumblr, pls go
>>
>>83486939
Snape was supposed to stay close to the Malfoys long-term to be ready when Voldemort came back, though. Maybe Dumbledore told him to be a total cunt to everyone who wasn't Slytherin in order to make him more believable as a true Death Eater.
>>
Do INTJs go to Slytherin?
>>
>>83473997
Although they got a very one-sided portrayal, I think they represent a sizable chunk of the wizard population in the U.K. And they have a majority of the old pureblood houses as their members. So they'd be trying to abolish a house beloved by a bunch of rich aristocrats, which is a non-starter. Also, better to keep them in Hogwarts where you can mold them and keep an eye on them. If they expelled all the Slytherins they'd just make their own school and teach all the students killing curses and such.
>>
>>83487050

INTJ here, always favoured Slytherin or Ravenclaw, honestly couldn't decide which house was my favourite. Never liked the other two.
>>
File: houses.jpg (116KB, 1024x483px) Image search: [Google]
houses.jpg
116KB, 1024x483px
Choose.
>>
>>83480875
>"Harry, hurry!"
Now this is literature
>>
>>83487086
I thoroughly enjoy being a scheming asshat, I think Slytherin would be for me
>>
>>83487101
Slytherin > Ravenclaw > Gryffindor > Hufflepuff
>>
>>83473849
>>83475693
It was a really badass dungeon though. The description for it from Pottermore is "Our emblem is the serpent, the wisest of creatures; our house colours are emerald green and silver, and our common room lies behind a concealed entrance down in the dungeons. As you’ll see, its windows look out into the depths of the Hogwarts lake. We often see the giant squid swooshing by — and sometimes more interesting creatures. We like to feel that our hangout has the aura of a mysterious, underwater shipwreck."
>>
>>83487101
Slytherin, obviously. Imagine if she played that role that she did in that slutty movie that I didn't watch.
>>
>>83487101

Ravenclaw>Hufflepuff>Slythering>Gryffindor

>>83487141

Not to mention the connections you'd make would be interesting
>>
>>83487249
That's pretty fuckin awesome
>>
Voldemort wanted muggle and wizard culture kept separate. If both cultures merged than neither would be unique. Eventually the wizard bloodline will become diluted and eventually bred out of existence. So he had to break a few eggs to make an omelette. In short, Voldemort did nothing wrong.
>>
File: IMG_2775.jpg (41KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2775.jpg
41KB, 500x333px
>>83475183

This might be the most autistic thing I've ever read on 4chan
>>
File: IMG_3019.gif (1MB, 480x358px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3019.gif
1MB, 480x358px
>>83475307

Holy fuck
>>
>>83475307
anyone eho uses randy unironically as an adjective and describes sex as "terrific" is a virgin
>>
This is honestly the number one reason I hate harry potter.

>slytherin is depicted as le ebin nazi stormfront racists
>despite the fact their house characteristics had nothing to do with that
>despite the fact many of the great historical wizards were slytherins
>>
>>83473997
exactly

>be 10 year old
>get put into slytherin by magical hat
>everyone who isn't in slytherin treats you poorly
>you're 10 you have no idea why
>start to only care for people in slytherin and dislike other houses
>wonder why people in slytherin are mean

???
>>
>>83487716
Many great historical doctors were Nazis.
>>
So from what we see, Voldemort is usually alone. Why didnt the Order of the Phoenix ever try to assasinate him?

Seriously, just have Snape tell him he needs an urgent one-on-one secret meeting and once the place where it will happen is known, just suicide charge Voldy with Dumbledore,Snape, Shacklebolt, Moody,Tonks,Lupin and Sirius.

No way he can kill all 6 without someone getting a lucky shot in
>>
>>83487899
all 7*
>>
>>83487899
It doesn't even need that
>take prophecy
>put it somewhere remote
>Get Snape to leak the location
>Let Kinglsey Confund the Prime Minister
>Nuke Voldemort
>>
>>83487899
You can't just kill Voldemort, that's the whole point of his Horcruxes and of Dumbledore grooming Harry to stop him. However, hitting him with Avada Kedavra should still destroy his body unless he found a way to avoid that happening again.
>>
>>83488374
It would actually be pretty easy to stop him.
Last time he died, he would have been fucked without Peter.
So long as you wipe out anyone loyal enough to help him without requiring duress, you can be fairly sure he won't come back.
>>
>>83488655
Yeah, even so, killing his body wiuld make horcruxes so much easier to destroy with his army dissolved and him not at this full power. I wouldve been a better commander-in-chief of the Order than Dumbledore
>>
>>83473984
Slughorn is probably the reason the wizard government is so fucking absolutely incompetent with all his playing favors and shit
>>
>>83486892
He had no reason to be obsessed over Neville.
He was building a school shooter with that poor bastard. Specially since Neville knows what Snape friends can do, unlike Harry who was just told about.
>>
>>83489388
Snape told Voldemort that the Chosen One who could kill him was either Harry or Neville. Knowing that if Voldemort had only gone after the useless Neville his precious Lily would still be alive must torment him.
>>
>>83489498
What a fucking miserable cuck. Slytherins are overrrated.
>>
>>83489498
I bet James and Sirius had a field day when they realised just how badly they'd fucked with Snape's head.
>>
What's up with the Defense Against the Dark Arts teachers? Why did they have to get a new one every year?
>>
>>83489596
Voldemort cursed the position when Dumbledore rejected his application so that no one can keep the job for more than a year. Seriously.

It wound up backfiring on Voldemort more than once, though.
>>
>>83489716
That's bullshit but I believe it
>>
>>83489577
Obviously there's bad cases of bullying messing with people even into adulthood, but Snape is pathetic. Lily ditched you, get the fuck over it.
>>
>>83476432
she is also insane and retcons herself constantly to appear like she was on a moral high ground all along
>>
>>83475307
and then you woke up and went on with your sad life as a kissless NEET
>>
>>83475225
>Lewis Carroll
>shit tier
Fucking neck yourself retard.
>>
File: 1408418100600.jpg (105KB, 739x742px) Image search: [Google]
1408418100600.jpg
105KB, 739x742px
>>83490053
>>
File: dracofm2.jpg (32KB, 243x420px) Image search: [Google]
dracofm2.jpg
32KB, 243x420px
what if Draco was a girl?
>>
>>83475049
>won't someone please think of the children
Virtue signalling millennial, don't post again.
>>
>>83490355
The series gets instantly better, and Draco being such a little bitch becomes a lot more fitting.
>>
>>83490355
>>83490382
add a little sexual tension with Potter and the series get infinitely better, as the struggle of good-bad becomes more open and valid
>>
File: 1483782496144.gif (415KB, 480x238px) Image search: [Google]
1483782496144.gif
415KB, 480x238px
>>83490378
>>
>>83480800
She's a hypocrite.

She made Hermione white because the zeitgeist in 2006 was to have white main characters their (mostly white) British readers could identify with.

She made her white to sell more books.

Now the zeitgeist is to have multiracial main characters because >muh social justice sells books nowadays.

If she wanted to be groundbreaking she would have specified Hermione was black back in the original 2006 casting for the movie.

It's easy to be ""groundbreaking"" when everyone is doing it.

Fucking cunt.
>>
>>83487777
That's not really how it works, though. Everyone in Slytherin is a pureblood, and most of them come from long lines of Slytherin families. They grow up getting taught that they're superior and that everyone who isn't a pure-blooded Slytherin is scum.

Which is kind of the default position in wizarding society, by the way. The books make it very clear that blood purity values are accepted by almost all of society, so it's not like most people would think there's anything wrong with Slytherins being racists. And when you consider that most Slytherin families were rich and powerful, it's a huge stretch to claim that they're hated or oppressed in any meaningful way. They're basically like frat guys; exclusive, rich assholes who lots of people talk shit about, but who are still the ones with the most social power.
>>
>>83476635
S=exy
L=ovely
Y=oung
T=errifying
H=ot
E=vil (not all of us)
R=ebellious
I=ntelligent
N=aughty

Slytherin and proud b/c sometimes it's good to be a little bit bad
>>
>>83490517
Except she never said that Hermoine is black, or that she intended her to be. Rowling is just defending the casting of a black woman in a play by saying that her race wasn't important in the books. It's not her fault people started sperging out and don't know that theater has a long tradition of colorblind casting.
>>
>>83473672

Envy. Slytherim is objectively superior
>>
>>83473793
Name ONE time they bullied anyone.
>>
File: dumbledore 2.png (246KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
dumbledore 2.png
246KB, 512x384px
Yes well done Slytherin, well done...
>>
>>83490695
She said she loves Black hermione and that her skin colour wasn't specified in the books.
Given how much race baiting is done today, and that the tweet lacks context, there's plenty of leeway for confusion to occur. The situation was probably made worse given how much virtue signalling she tends to do on Twitter.

Had she just said something along the lines of
>Race switches happen in theatre all the time, you stupid fucks
Only the Stormfags would have taken issue with it, and nobody gives a shit about them.
>>
>>83490786
>Draco shouted in the middle of the great hall - "All fucking niggers must fucking hang". Then he called his gang and they left the room in a storm.
>>
>>83490786
Leg Locker cursing Neville.
>>
>>83490906
All she had to do was use the Shakespeare defence and she couldn't even do that, fucking hack
>>
>>83489793
literally not BS theres a whole chapter about when Voldemort went to Dumbledore to ask for the position
>>
>>83490926
>that one book where Harry gets a huge Chinese fetish and then goes back to fucking Ginny straight afterwards
What was that about?
>>
I wished they just made Slytherine the house with all the unstable, rebellious but creative and potentially genius kids. Basically the one with the odd assortment of stoners, goths, weirdos, rebels and occasionally the school shooter.

It'd be easier to justify having at Hogwarts rather than Wizard Aryan house and you could still preserve the veneer of pure blood aristocracy of the series with Gryffandor to some extent. It would be easier to you know space out the evil and make it a bit more nuanced.
>>
File: burry.png (740KB, 730x528px) Image search: [Google]
burry.png
740KB, 730x528px
>>83476635

I'm not gonna lie. Girls bullying the elf was kinda hot.
>>
>>83491328
>Hermione leaves socks everywhere to try and trick house elves into getting fired
Truly she is the true bully.
>>
>>83491288
The problem stems from the fact that Rowling was writing on the fly until book 3, and by that time she was either unwilling or unable to fix the character damage she'd done.
I'm personally on the side of unwilling, since the protagonists slowly maturing would have been the perfect way to have them leave their old prejudice and childishness behind.

I personally mended a fuckton of bridges I burned by being an asshole during my younger years, and was aided by the fact that the spergs I used to be an asshole to sorted their shit out and became far less abrasive and obnoxious.
>>
>>83490926
wtf Raimi
>>
>can't beat a school of teenage wizards

lmao Cuckemort is a shitty villain
>>
>>83490831

H O W E V E R
>>
Slytherins did nothing wrong and Dumbledore (more like Bumblefuck) was a cunt.

We deserved that house cup.
>>
>>83473672
Because Slytherin is the most retarded thing you could ever do. Its housing every future leader or elite in wizard society in one house where they can abuse nepotism to new heights.
>>
File: dc.png (118KB, 289x318px) Image search: [Google]
dc.png
118KB, 289x318px
>>83490355
Diane Cavendish
>>
>>83492211
>since the protagonists slowly maturing
That happens in the books, though. Even the Malfoy's get a redemption arc, and Draco, who had been Harry's nemesis was shown to be a mislead kid who regrets his choices. Granted, Slytherins are still shown as assholes in later books, but that's mostly the result of them being smug about how their families are powerful and exempt from terrorist acts or criminal investigation. The main problem is still the parents, who teach their kids to be assholes, and wizarding society as a whole, which is racist and full of corruption.

I guess the books are better at conveying this, but the slytherins are never really portrayed as evil, or the enemy. Harry is quick to blame them for things, but he's almost always wrong (the main exception being in book 7, where Draco was being forced to act against his will). the problem is always shown as being the culture that produced kids who think it's okay to be bullies to kids that are different that them.
>>
>>83490983
Why the fuck couldn't Dumbledore undo that, though?

I'm pretty sure it was made clear that Dumbledore was objectively stronger than Voldemort, which is why Voldy had to do the whole of Book Six to stop him. So it's safe to assume Dumbledore's magic is stronger, no? Is there just a series of unbreakable curses that can only end with the user's death?

And for that matter, wouldn't the curse still being active as of Book One make it obvious to the world that Voldy was still alive?
Thread posts: 230
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.