[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Terrible casting choice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

File: dfasdffdss.jpg (81KB, 800x452px) Image search: [Google]
dfasdffdss.jpg
81KB, 800x452px
Does anyone actually like his performance?
>>
>>83471491
And, I should add, I like Bale in some stuff. But not as Batman.
>>
Yes, he was good. Christian Bale rarely disappoint.
>>
For one thing, he's too obviously English, and he doesn't act an American well enough to seem like Batman.
>>
>>83471491

yes
>>
the director was the mistake

bats didn't do detective work
bats didn't frighten criminals
bats didn't care about the mentally ill
bats didn't operate at night

nolan didn't characterize the villains correctly either, portraying 3 different primary batman villains as anti-establishment anarchists, instead of referencing existing material
>>
>>83471491

Decent Wayne, terrible Batman
>>
>>83471549
>MUH CHARACTER PORTRAYAL

It doesn't really matter as long as the movie is great. Nolan wanted to do his own thing regardless of the comics. People like you are just ridiculous.
>>
why is /tv/ so wrong about everything

Bale is the superior batman, all other opinions are wrong.
>>
>>83471580

>as long as the movies are great

If it weren't for Ledger the Nolan trilogy would be considered a curiosity. "Cult classic" at best.
>>
>>83471580
so he defiled a character people like
he told the same story 3 times
and he created the most bland pro-status quo propaganda piece imaginable

clearly I'm the one who is wrong
>>
>>83471491
I don't think it was particularly good, especially with the voice and all, but the structures, music, writing, directing were pretty solid, so a middling acting job didn't detract too much. The occasional mishmash between really unbelievable sequences and the movie trying to be down to earth did more to hurt it. I've only seen the 1st one though.
>>
>>83471580
TDK was pretty ludicrous, though. Nolan tried to be realistic, but then he totally fucked it up by writing an unrealistic plot in which the Joker can accomplish pretty much whatever the plot requires and a man with half his face gone can walk around as if nothing was wrong. Nolan should either have forgotten realism as a goal, or he should have actually gone all the way and made a realistic movie. Instead he made a movie that affects the superficial style of realism, without actually being realistic.
>>
>>83471614
What a great movie conoisseur you are! The Dark Knight is a piece of shit and Nolan is a hack! Bane lol. Do I fit in yet?
>>
>>83471644

Nolan has been tricking his audience into thinking his gobblygook is "realistic" since memento. The fact that any of his movies are described as realistic is a credit to his skill as a bullshit artist.
>>
>>83471687
The Dark Knight is shit. Nolan isn't a hack, but he's overrated by his fanboys. His Batman movies are mediocre. This isn't contrarianism on my part, it's just that I don't like badly made movies.
>>
>>83471728
So you're saying he's a good actor?
>>
>>83471549
This is spot on.
Bale as Batman is complete shit and cringe worthy. The movies reek of Nolan's touch and if you like it you like it, but there are aspects of the series that are decent. The biggest issue is the fact that the villains seem morally corrupt and thats about it. Joker is really the only mentally disturbed villain, which is uncharacteristic of Batman.
Bale is better as Wayne, but that really is only a tiny aspect of the character.

>>83471580
Yeah but the thing is Bale does nothing with the character. He's not taking Batman into a new direction, he's just kinda there. The films also have the typical Nolan treatment and aesthetic.

>>83471614
Ledger is the only redeeming factor of the Dark Knight.

>>83471620
The three movies have shit plots and meaningless villians. Ledger was alright, and Bane raised some curiosity, but every other villain is a phoned in performance that anyone could have done.

>>83471644
The most unrealistic aspect is not only what the Joker accomplishes but shit like the Tumbler.
>>
>>83471711
If I film in Chicago and use a blue filter and make everyone act morose and gritty, that's the same as actually having a realistic plot!
>>
>>83471687
but anon you already fit in perfectly, by agreeing with, and enjoying what you're told to agree with and enjoy

a slightly more complex capeshit movie is definitely something remarkable, a defining piece of cinema that is too complex for the tastes of ordinary folks
>>
I loved him in it, even as growly Batman.

Much better than the other film offerings of Bruce Wayne.
>>
>>83471741
Not sure what you mean... regarding Bale, I think he's a decent actor but didn't do a good job as Batman. I do like Heath Ledger's performance... it was the bright spot in the otherwise mediocre TDK.
>>
>>83471491

Yes. Apart from his weird voice choice he did for TDK and TDKR, he was a great Batman and a perfect Bruce Wayne.
>>
>>83471791
Ah, my bad, that was meant for >>83471711
>>
>>83471728
TDK is a great blockbuster, better than average. It's great for what it is intended to be.

>he's overrated by his fanboys
Just because he is overrated doesn't make his less any less good.
>>
>>83471687

BB: largely forgettable
TDK: Heath Ledger
TDKR: Literally so-bad-it's-good tier
>>
YOU SHUT YOUR GOD DAMN MOUTH THE BALE IS ONE TRUE BAT
>>
>>83472046
I enjoyed Baneposting more than the whole trilogy.

Never thought I'd laugh at a plane crash.
>>
>>83471491
THIS ISN'T A CARRR....
>>
>>83471549
>bats didn't frighten criminals
Did you watch Batman Begins? The whole theme of the movie is fear and how Wayne uses it to gain advantage over the criminals.
>bats didn't operate at night
Only on TDKR.

Other than that, you're right. I do still like the end result though.
>>
>>83471537
it's WALES you idiot!
>>
>>83471549
>bats didn't do detective work

He sorta did in TDK, that scene with the reconstruction of the bullet. Of course, what's depicted onscreen is a procedure so fucking retarded, it makes CSI look legit by comparision.
>>
>>83472090

>Never thought I'd laugh at a plane crash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX1SojKfgNI
>>
>>83471491
It was alright, not the peak of his career.
Nolan is at fault for most of what is wrong in the Batman trilogy.

>>83471549
I'm not that upset that he did the same story thrice. If anything you could say it's three takes on a core story. What matters is the direction. And indeed the is a drastic lack of detective work in the trilogy. Even Burton's Batman, which didn't make it the priority, seemed like a sleuth in comparison.
>>
File: image.png (5KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
5KB, 224x225px
>>83471743
>>
>>83471549
>bats didn't frighten criminals
The "swear to me" scene is literally the best instance of Batman scaring a criminal ever put to film.
>>
>>83474129
Same thing basically.
>>
>>83471549
Everything but the last part about the villains is wrong.
>>
>>83471741
his spot as john connor in that shitty terminator movie was the only good thing in it, and that included micheal ironsides, and the alice in chains song.
>>
>>83471580
The biggest problem I have with TDK is that it hides behind the facade of "oh it's just a crime drama bro." When, if you compare it to actual crime dramas, it's pretty average for the genre it wants to be a part of. Even Nolan himself has made better crime dramas than TDK, yet, since it's capeshit, everybody elevates it as if it's some sort of masterpiece
>>
>>83475285
Like Germans and Polish sure.
>>
>>83475013
Batman begins is the Patrician choice, well done anon
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.