[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

thoughts and opinions?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: empire-jedi.jpg (23KB, 420x198px) Image search: [Google]
empire-jedi.jpg
23KB, 420x198px
thoughts and opinions?
>>
Empire is perfect
Return has the Ewoks
>>
>>83465873
I think Return gets more shit than it deserves because men saw this when they were ten years old and were like what's this faggot teddy bear ewok shit and it stuck with them because they never let this franchise go

I think Empire is still the better movie but not because of the Ewoks because Han Solo should have died, the first half of Jedi is great but it has literally impacts nothing in the second half
>>
>>83465873
4>5>6

They're all pretty good movies tho.
>>
>>83465873
2 is better
>>
>>83466289
Ewoks don't bother me.
It's the drawn out battle with Han and the Ewoks near the end against the Stormtroopers.
The buildup with Luke and Vader gets zoned out with the entire battle.
I hate it.
>>
>>83465873
Empire. But return is still good. Luke's confrontation with the Emperor and Darth Vader is some of the best stuff that Star Wars has to offer. And Jabba is glorious.
Problems being that it should've been wookiees and not Ewoks, Lando or Han should have died, and there shouldn't have been a second death star.
I'm fine with a triumphant ending, fine with Han surviving. But it could have been a little more bold. As is I think it's a little underrated.
>>
File: StarWarsMoviePoster1977.jpg (151KB, 300x470px) Image search: [Google]
StarWarsMoviePoster1977.jpg
151KB, 300x470px
Pic related was the better fo the trilogy
>>
>>83465873
Empire but Return is underrated as fuck, Luke scenes in jedi are some of the greatest if not the greatest in all of Star Wars
>>
File: VADER.jpg (718KB, 1279x1943px) Image search: [Google]
VADER.jpg
718KB, 1279x1943px
>>83465873
Empire is the better overall film and the best the franchise has to offer visually and in a narrative sense. It adds emotional maturity onto the simple foundation laid by ANH and introduces many of the iconic elements we've come to know and love.

Return of the Jedi is an uneven effort. Seems Lucas and friends took the laziest ways possible to bring threads to a close. The film is at its best whenever Luke is onscreen and at its weakest whenever things revolve around Han and Leia. It contains some of the highest points (Throne Room) and lowest points of the original trilogy, though it never sinks to the depths of the Prequel or Sequel trilogies. With all said, it delivered a satisfying end to the OT.
>>
>>83465873
Return of the Jedi 1st act is my favorite. However, Empire as a whole is the better movie.
>>
>>83468500
Everything with Luke, Vader and Palpatine is great but Ewoks really drag it down for me
Still better than anything that came after though
>>
>>83465873
Return of the Jedi was after Lucas decided that moviegoers no longer cared about story, they cared about the spectacle. A lot of the decisions in RotJ start making sense when you look at it through that lens.
>>
>>83468918

The biggest problem with ROTJ was from ESB'd inception it was not supposed to be a part 2 of 3. ESB was setting up multiple sequels. A part 3, 4 and 5. Introducing the emporeor, yoda hinting at another, lukes training, darth daddy, the rebels fleeing. All of it was supposed to be an on going saga, not wrapped up in the next one. That's a heavy damn burden to bare, to end the series that intended to have much much more time.
>>
>>83466135
Return also has the horrible drawn out first act with all the muppets, musical numbers, ridiculous rescue plan that doesnt make sense and terrible, flat greenscreen fx
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.