[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you write the 6th?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8

File: piratesofthecarribbeanseries_6.png (326KB, 350x510px) Image search: [Google]
piratesofthecarribbeanseries_6.png
326KB, 350x510px
How would you write the 6th?
>>
I wouldn't.
>>
>>83465635
Realistic pirate period piece. They're living on watered down rum and maggot infested gruel. I'll make sure to show real medical conditions like scurvy and include some grisly injuries, maybe even a crude, makeshift amputation. Then of course Jack Sparrow can be there too prancing around and having coconuts fall on his head.
>>
>>83466392
>Realistic pirate period piece
You don't want this. You might think you do but you don't.
>>
File: 1495897796079.jpg (84KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1495897796079.jpg
84KB, 900x900px
>>83466780
All anyone wants out of any movie is some likable characters, decent writing and a simple plot to follow.
>>
I would go full action/adventure fantasy and ditch all the love story bullshit. Basically One piece without the weaboo shit.
>>
>>83466392
>>83466780
I think that would be cool, if it was done in an almost mad max way. If it was rated r and had some balls I would probably see it

No way disney would be a part of that though
>>
>>83466817
It's like taking the space out of star trek, jedis out of star wars, relics out of Indiana Jones.
No one's going to want to see that shit, it would be boring as fuck.
>>
Angelica gets off the island
>>
>>83466867
what in the piss was realistic about mad max?
>>
>>83466945
When did I ever say realistic?

I'm not that guy you think you're responding to btw
>>
>>83466894
Pirates has basically taken the place of Indiana Jones style adventure movies so there are plenty of possibilities.
>>
More men raping men desu
>>
>>83466986
Then why did you quote me when I was responding to someone about how they don't actually want a realistic pirate movie?

You dumb fuck.
>>
>>83465635
With a pen and paper.
>>
>>83467032
Well I don't think he was talking about realistic meaning literally realistic, that would be boring, but his and my points are still valid

Don't call me names
>>
File: 1465875278608.png (11KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1465875278608.png
11KB, 420x420px
>>83465635
jack becomes the side character again
no useless scenes, everything is related to the plot of the movie (ie no wedding scenes)
no plotholes (ie where jack got the compass vs getting it from tia dalma. that shit is just lazy when you could have explained it away literally any way you wanted in the movie)
give Henry Turner an actual character beyond quipping with Carina and character arc
give Carina a good character arc
do NOT focus on the Henry/Carina love plot so fucking obviously, just make them get closer through characterization not shitty force handed stuff. Could portray how they fell in love it in pirates 5 as naive young love without any depth, and in the next movie make each other realize theyre an actually good fit for each other
teach henry turner's actor how to act
make henry turner do literally anything in the movie that contributes to the plot

how you involve jack in the main plot again without it being all about him again, however, i have no idea
>>
>>83467145
Ah, you revealed yourself here. You ARE that idiot. Enjoy samefagging your shitty thread anon.
>>
>>83465635
Kill off Jack Sparrow in the opening scene.

The rest of the film will be a lengthy dissection of his corpse. It ends with Orlando Bloom looking directly into the camera, saying "That's it. This franchise is dead," before a shot of the sun going supernova and boiling away all water on earth and killing everyone so there can be no more pirate ships.
>>
>>83467416
Fat chance considering this one is making fuckloads of money and Bloom's career has stalled.
>>
>>83467346
Haha you're a faggot I realized the massive mistake I made replying to you in my post. You're a no fun stickler who has to nitpick every word
>>
>>83467416
I like it.
>>
File: Treasure_Planet.jpg (55KB, 295x436px) Image search: [Google]
Treasure_Planet.jpg
55KB, 295x436px
Set it in the future somehow.
>>
>Make Jack Sparrow a side character
>Make it more adventure based like the first one
>No more "ghost\zombie\cursed" pirates
>Make the antagoinst somewhat of a "Big Boss" character that gathers pirates to fight the Crown
>They lose
>The age of piracy is over
>No more POTC movies
>>
Give it a proper ending. Again.

Don't kill jack off, but have him retire from pirating, maybe even have the final shot show him writing about his adventures entitled "Pirates of the Carribean". Or is that too far?
>>
>>83465635
Now that Will is no longer Davy Jonesing there is no one to ferry souls who die at sea so it's like that episode of family guy where death stops happening. Will, Henry and Carina need to go get some macguffin of legend to fix this but they need a boat. Jack is available at just the right time but he secretly wants to use the macguffin for greed purposes. Two hours of adventuring later they fix everything. Maybe the macguffin lets Carina talk to the ghost of her father briefly for a heartwarming ending? Or the British are after them for <reasons>.
>>
>>83467721
And then Jack's cousin will inherit the magic compass and have to throw it in the fires of a volcano to stop a big bad ghostie from coming back.
>>
make Will and Elizabeth the main characters, Jack a side character again.
make it bigger in scope than At World's End with even more cosmic/mythological shit and end the franchise there.

and bring back Gore Verbinski
>>
>>83466993
Not anymore. All curses have been lifted. Rest of the movies will just be random people.
>>
>>83467606

Patrician Movie
>>
>>83468279
>he actually thinks disney was going for a clean slate approach here and that the trident wasnt just another magic gimmick in a pirates movie
davy jones is tentacally again for fucks sake
>>
i want elizabeth swan as a proper pirate with her own ship. kill off will turner because fuck that guy
>>
>>83465635
Johnny Depp gets shitfaced drunk, goes crazy and puts on his Jack Sparrow costume before leaving for Somalia in a little sloop called "Just".
>>
Am I the only one who wants a PotC movie without Depp? The world they've built and the production design, characters etc. are great but I'm just sick of peddling Sparrow as the reluctant hero. Why can't we get a comfy movie about Norrington and Beckett broing it up and taking down smugglers or something?
>>
>>83468509
His crab claw is on the wrong arm though, and despite being re-cursed, he walked on land, so I'd like to see evil mirror counterparts as the villains next time.
Imagine there's a place in the Caribbean where the sea is so calm that it reflects everything like a mirror (yes we had a shot like this in AWE, I know). Everything it reflects is duplicated but in a sense twisted.
>mirrored appearance
>good turns Bad
>can't enter the sea instead of not being able to walk on land etc.
>naval battle where our heroes fire at their own reflection that's split off, attacking them while hanging upside down underneath the surface
>>
I'd have it take place during the Seven Years War.
Henry gets drafted.
Introduce the French as the villains, with the British reluctantly asking pirates for help.
Set up a British and a French commander to stick around for multiple movies.
Not sure about the plot, something about Will rescuing Henry.
>>
I don't want PotC to die, it's the last decent action blockbuster franchise that isn't capeshit left. Make Jack a side character, give him a proper ending and use the 6th to get a new protagonist. Basically this >>83468202
but as a new beginning. Sadly kids aren't that much about pirates anymore, and PotC isn't old enough to go for the nostalgia card, so we will probably have a shit Jack v Davy Jones movie ending with the usual "Jack alone on a desert island" shit.
>>
>>83466392
so, master and commander?
>>
>Pirates of the Caribbean: The Flying Dutchman

THE DUTCHMAN MUST ALWAYS HAVE A CAPTAIN
After all curses are gone, Davy Jones returns from the locker to seek revenge on those who crossed him.
>>
File: 5436666.png (270KB, 501x433px) Image search: [Google]
5436666.png
270KB, 501x433px
Why the fuck does everyone hate 3? Sure the plot was trash but so was 1 and 2. You get all the cool effects of 2 and both Davy Jones and Barbossa who's actors are fucking god tier are playing pirates. If 2 had Barbossa somehow, it would have been a masterpiece. Fucking retarded they ended him.
>>
5th movies would've been so much fucking better if it was more based on Henry and Carina trying to find the trident and Barbossa trying to find Jack and all their paths crossing and a lot of hearsay from people talking about Jack's past and what happened to him as if he was some sort of mythical legendary pirate shrouded in mystery

Then having Salazar real snippets of how Jack bested him and other people revealing other elements of Jack's backstory only for it all to collide and either find Jack or have Jack find them and he truly is the worst (best) pirate anyone has ever seen and so on so forth break the trident all that shit.
Jack really didn't have much place in the 5th film and was just there to slur drunken lines and make quips. Compare that to Jack in the first film where he comes off as this truly tactful and devious pirate who plays people like a fiddle.
>>
I imagine that the next one will just be a total reboot.
>>
>>83472699
I liked 3 as well. Stuff like Governor Swann's death, the Kraken corpse, Jack's cuttlefish anecdote, and the Locker were pretty stellar.

>>83474509
>Jack really didn't have much place in the 5th film and was just there to slur drunken lines and make quips. Compare that to Jack in the first film where he comes off as this truly tactful and devious pirate who plays people like a fiddle.

Yeah, the fifth flirted with the idea of giving him an arc, but the film seemed too bloated (no thanks to that British guy) to allow such. He doesn't give up the rum, he doesn't apologize to his compass, and he's pretty much the same as he was at the start except he has the Pearl back. I will admit, it was rather sweet that he was subtly protective of Henry. Not to say he didn't have some interesting moments like tossing Carina off of the roof as a distraction and lassoing that ghost shark to get him and Henry to shore, but it was overall a got his groove back story without any actual reattainment of said groove.

As you said, it would have been better to make it a Trail of the Pink Panther kind of deal with the caveat that Jack and his actor are very much alive to show up at the end.
>>
File: pirate.jpg (23KB, 315x337px) Image search: [Google]
pirate.jpg
23KB, 315x337px
What are the odds of bringing barbossa back in the next one? Link related best scene from the 3rd film which is criminally underrated. Also Gibbs is god-tier pirate as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nuMehrmIK4
>>
>>83472305
I do t think having Jones return is a good idea desu.
>>
>>83468202
>and bring back Gore Verbinski
For fucks sake this. Has he ever stated why he won't come back
>>
Penelope Cruz's comes back and she's a roight fockin randy bird, eh? Then this git comes out with big fockin mams and they shag, innit?
>>
>>83475320
Penelope Cruz needs to grace us with her brown tiddies one more time for the 6th
>>
>>83465635
I'd have an ageing jack sparrow trying to lead a bad to some treasure island shit only to have Long John Silver show up (a young man in his prime) and beat jack six ways of yesterday. jack them scuttles back to gibs and launches a cunning plan to enter Silver's crew and mutiny.

Along the way Jack see's Silver is the new generation's version of him and begins to bond and respect him. Then just as its all going well the navel shows up and pretty much kills everyone. The age of pirates is done and he is forced too accept he's not the man he once was.

He has some fight with an officer and dies what he views as heroically passing on to Will Turner who takes his soul away. meanwhile to officer just chucks the body away and when asked "do you know who that was?" he just says "some pirate". and carries on as normal.

Just because you think your a hero don't mean you are and everyone runs out of time eventually as progress waits for no one.
>>
2 and a half hours of Keira being raped
>>
>>83476163
>>83476188

Not sure which I prefer.

Old Man Sparrow sounds pretty great though. Disney would never do it.
>>
>>83476163
I can get behind this. Some of the best scenes in the 3rd were when Jack was trying to one up barbossa
>>
>>83465635
Punished Jack when?
>>
I want Guy Ritchie's take on a PotC movie
>>
In all seriousness, how long until we see a young jack sparrow prequel
>>
>>83476584
7th flick
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (27KB, 300x425px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
27KB, 300x425px
So did breaking the Trident destroy all water-related magic in the entire world?

How can you have a PotC movie without ghosts or spooky skeletons?
>>
>>83476736
Davy Jones was in the post-credit scene
My guess is, I hope, that the trident lifted the curse of davy jones, which was death. So now he's alive again, and goes for Turner to get his Dutchman back.
Would be a great way to make WIll the main character and Jack a side character
>>
Vanderdecken goes after Orlando Bloom to get back his flying Dutchman. He was sealed by Calipso when she gave the ship to Davy Jones, but now the curses are lifted and he is free again.
>>
File: 1471250794525.png (78KB, 321x185px) Image search: [Google]
1471250794525.png
78KB, 321x185px
>>83467416
>>
>>83471064
It stopped being decent in 2011.
>>
Alright get this.
ANIMAL PIRATES.
Captain is a Monkey, the navigation guy is a Falcon, etc...
And Jack Sparrow is somehow responsible for cursing them.
>>
Jack eats a strange fruit on some island, and his body becomes rubber
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.