[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Makes a good point honestly.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_20170601_191528.jpg (113KB, 640x940px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170601_191528.jpg
113KB, 640x940px
Makes a good point honestly.
>>
>>83463313
jeez, Trevor Noah really let himself go...
>>
I agree.
>>
>>83463313
If they want true "equality," they should adhere to the concept as a whole: namely, if you make garbage, expect criticism.

But equality is never what these agendized special interest groups want. Equality = preferential treatment
>>
>>83463313
she's right, a reasonable equalitarian statement. but the way movies are marketed its been detached from people's thoughts long ago.
>>
>>83463313
alright, i agree with this chick
>>
>>83463313
Elecktra and catwoman?
>>
>>83463313
This is fair, and I can see the truth and hunor in what she's saying.
>>
>>83463495
no she isn't
>>
>>83463313
She needs to be given a clitoridectomy with a rusty straight razor.
>>
File: 1329797279163.jpg (16KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
1329797279163.jpg
16KB, 150x150px
>>83463313
WHAT'S WRONG WITH HER FACE

Also, that last panel is prime "I'm a political comedian trying to pretend I'm not chronically butthurt" face.
>>
>>83463313
Just post the video you dumb cunt instead of shitballing an image
>>
>>83463313
Or, or, maybe, call me crazy, but maybe capeshit of all genders needs to die.
>>
>>83463313
Genuinely thought this was post-cosmetic-surgery Carrot Top from the thumbnail.
>>
Is that Rachel Dolezal?
>>
>>83463313
It's about money bitch.
Reviews are superfluous if the movie takes in dough. Transformers is coming out soon, I'm sure it'll make bank. But the scores will be mid 20s most likely.

Wake me up when a female director can take responsibility for making a shit movie.
>>
>>83463676
Damn, BTFO
>>
>>83463313

after green lantern they barely let ryan make deadpool, and that was with shit budget and after the test footage leaked

bvs was shite, but it made nearly a billion

catwoman made $32,443 and Elektra made $127.
>>
>"""feminist icon"""
>some comic book character
>created by a guy with a bondage fetish
>literally owned by a company
>actress playing her only got the role due to extreme nepotism

shit like this is why rest of the world will stop taking US seriously

all culture and social movements are commercialized and noone is capable of even realizing it

ITS A FUCKING MOVIE
>>
>>83463313
>You know when we'll feel like women are equal at the box office?

They are.

>When we get to make a bad superhro movie and then immediately make another bad one.

You can, and have.

>Men get chance after chance to make superhero movies.

Because they actually get off their ass and make them instead of sitting on their press piece screaming "WHY AREN'T THERE MORE MEN MAKING X?!?!??!?"

>No one let crappy "Batman V Superman" saying, "Well, I guess we're done making 'man' movies."

The irony of this statement, about the film that introduced the Wonder Woman and made her integral to the story. Also, like it or not "Crappy Batman V Superman" made plenty of money, which is what it comes down to. The film industry is just that, an industry. It exists to turn a profit, not a gender equality exercise.
>>
>>83463676

This

Remember when Sofia Coppola made that shit the bling ring? It got defacto praised by almost any woman reviewer that considered herself a feminist, lightly jabbed at by normally harsh male critics, and everyone without an agenda shit on it hard.

Also Zero Dark Thirty sucked dick and would have been ripped apart if it wasn't directed by that old cunt Bigelow.
>>
Maybe cause statically men have a better track record with movie making
>>
>>83463757
elektra villains were great
>>
>>83463824

You're spot on about cultural and social movements being completely manufactured a but you're fooling yourself if you don't think many other countries fall prey to this shit as well. You're already surrounded, sorry.
>>
Pro-tip: Stay far, far away from anyone with that kind of hair. You're welcome.
>>
Who is this mystery meat lady?
>>
>>83463864
I remember when that shitty comedy with Anne Hathaway and Robert Deniro came out a couple years ago feminists were saying the reason it didn't have a higher RT score was because the director was a woman and film critics are sexist.
>>
>>83463942
But...my mom has that hair.
>>
>>83463313
>crappy "batman v superman"

I dont know who the bigger idiot is. Her for failing to recognize that film for the kino it is or me for expecting her to
>>
>>83464060
time to leave the house anon, after almost 30 years.
>>
>>83464060
Welp. Time to get a job and get your own place, friendo
>>
>>83463313
You mean like when Elektra came out the year after Catwoman?
>>
>>83463864
I liked Bling Ring. Weird but, the aesthetic of it was nice
>>
File: 14808009407650.jpg (87KB, 604x559px) Image search: [Google]
14808009407650.jpg
87KB, 604x559px
Why did you American't shut down the death camps? This creature would belong there.
>>
>>83463864
zero dark thirty is pure kino
>>
>>83463521
sh'em,s write u
m knoaw
>>
>>83463313
Oh my god who the fuck cares. This board has been complete shit this last year.
>>
>>83463313
It's feminists and women making it a big deal. Feminists need to just shut the fuck up, get a job, and stop looking for what the patriarchy is doing.

When feminists make news story after news story about some shitty movie because muh girl power, or inflate its score because gender politics, its naturally going to be criticized when reality sets in and everyone agrees it was a mediocre or bad movie.

Just make a good movie, if its about women, whatever. If you are only talking about it because its about women, probably not a good sign.

Of course its all men's fault, I'm sure. Only straight white men, maybe not Jews. I'll have to ask my gender study's professor.
>>
>>83463313
>a fucking ginger nigger

Heres proof god is dead morty
>>
>>83463633
This 100%
>>
>>83463541
Shots fired.
>>
File: Mananite.jpg (39KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Mananite.jpg
39KB, 640x360px
I want a chick flick where an ugly dude unironically gets to bed and wed a hot girl. Like John C. Reilly fucks Charlize Theron, but it's not a comedy. Ya'll know what I mean - I don't want the equivalent of a token "powerful" female character, I want a deep, and complex ugly man. I feel marginalized as an ugly dude and demand justice!
>>
>>83463313
you know this would hit a lot harder if every single "woman" movie that's come didn't fall completely flat on it's face
>>
>>83465900
This. Op is right that it's a good point. The problem is that this is a point against people looking at the movie through a feminist view which isn't what she's trying to point out.

TLDR: the movie shows a failure on the part of feminists
>>
What the fuck happened to society? When catwoman and Elektra came out no one cared. Suddenly this is really important for some reason. Has twitter made people retarded?
>>
>>83466343
Idiots are getting educated in bite sized form and without proper guidance. It's like when evolution became a widespread belief and genocidal eugenics became popular. Today's feminism is like that.
>>
>>83466241

Knocked Up exists
>>
>>83463313

wow she is ugly as fuck
>>
File: 1491355695823.jpg (471KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1491355695823.jpg
471KB, 1280x720px
>>83463313
Sounds like they should stop making capeshit movies all together.
>>
>>83466241
Didn't he get to fuck Marisa Tomei in that weird Jonah Hill movie?
>>
>>83463313

FEMINISTS are making Wonder Woman about feminism.

Stop blaming men for shit they're not doing.
>>
First you have to differentiate between "movies about women" and "movies made by women"
You can't really say Wonder Woman is a movie made by women when it has male writers and producers.
The new Ghostbusters, for example, is mostly a movie made by women.
And it was fucking garbage.
Yet the people involved can still make movies.
>>
>>83463435
This.
>>
A movie isn't a woman's movie because it stars a woman. There are plenty of women's movies aroung a man, or men's movies around a woman.

The whole concept is stupid. It's a superhero movie so at its core is still a manchild movie.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.