[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You goddamn know why so stop with this shitposting.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 14

File: 1398385365928.jpg (109KB, 1000x763px) Image search: [Google]
1398385365928.jpg
109KB, 1000x763px
You goddamn know why so stop with this shitposting.
>>
>>83458070
Why though?
>>
>>83458070
Never liked that depiction of Tom. He was clearly described as lean and athletic in the books.
>>
>>83458357
What benefits would flying the ring to Mordor have other than saving time? Time was never a factor. If the fellowship had been running against the clock they wouldn't have dragged their feet leaving Rivendell, or have taken a month's vacation in Lothlorien.

Time wasn't an issue. What really mattered was that Sauron be given absolutely no indication of his enemies' true purpose. If he even considered that possibility he would have taken the relatively simple step of sealing the entrance to the forge.

The ring couldn't simply be dropped into the caldera, mind you. It had to be unmade in the forge.
>>
>>83458431
Tom only gives a fuck about his cuts brah. We're all gonna make it.
>>
>>83458070
Eye would shoot them down
>>
File: lord of the rings.png (18KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
lord of the rings.png
18KB, 800x600px
what do
>>
>>83458822
Why wouldn't he seal the forge anyway? It's not like it would take that much effort to protect his immortality
>>
>>83459586
Why do you leave your house when you could be struck by thunder at any moment?
>>
>>83459630
But it's not a "oh fuck. something might kill me if I step outside"
It's more like. "Hey, maybe I should close the door on my safe so no one can actually get in there while I'm not looking"
>>
>>83459630
What a terrible analogy.
>>
>>83459586
Because he's arrogant
>>
>>83458822
>What benefits would flying the ring to Mordor have other than saving time?

Avoiding losing thousands of human and a few hundred elven lives and avoiding the almost complete destruction of the rohan and gondor in the meanwhile.

And I guess then ents and a few other creatures of the middle earth suffered in the meanwhile.
>>
>>83459630
Even the most retarded lich hides his phylactery and NEVER EVER carries it with or close to him.
>>
>>83459753
They couldn't fly the ring to Mordor though.
>>
>>83459805
See>>83459719
Arrogance is his fatal flaw
>>
>>83459630
why would you leave your safe with the door unlocked is a better metaphor

there should have been some kind of gate which they had to get past at the entrance to mount doom.
>>
>>83458070

The flying nazgul would fuck up the eagles without a massive distraction
>>
>>83459705
>>83459679
>>83459870
The forge wasn't his safe. He wasn't keeping anything in it. It was a literal afterthought that probably had not been used since he forged the Ring. He never expected something like the Fellowship, much less two hobbits on their own, to infiltrate Mordor, hence why he never thought it worthwhile to fabricate a gate for Mount Doom.
>>
>>83460039
>lawful evil character decides to not secure control over one of two central locations to his power
doesn't seem very plausible imo. if he was like his master Morgoth, then he would probably act like this. they are very different in aims.
>>
File: ringandeye.gif (70KB, 300x414px) Image search: [Google]
ringandeye.gif
70KB, 300x414px
Listen, /tv/. The ring's corrupting influence was a fail safe designed to prevent anyone from ever harming it. Sauron had absolute confidence in this. He believed that no one could ultimately resist the ring's influence, especially not within the forge where his magic and its power was strongest.

Sauron was right to believe this. No one could resist the ring. He didn't have to close off the forge - which he essentially did anyway by keeping the part of his armies camped around the base of Mount Doom.

Ultimately Sauron should have just put down some throw rugs to prevent slippage.
>>
>>83460288
>central location to his power
It's just some shit volcano that's probably more of a nuisance at this point than anything useful. You're looking at this from the perspective of someone that's seen the movies or read the books. The LAST thing Sauron suspected was stealth infiltration. He was banking on the Ring being found, yes, but on it being used by men most likely, corrupting them or at least showing itself.

He did not seal the entrance to Mount Doom because the thought never crossed his mind that a hobbit might just wander into Mordor and toss the Ring into the fire.
>>
>>83460388
Granted, this wasn't even arrogance on Sauron's part. The ring would master whoever possessed it. Ergo, no one would ever try to harm the ring.
>>
File: 4674875831.png (214KB, 400x399px) Image search: [Google]
4674875831.png
214KB, 400x399px
Why didn't Elrond do some magic elf bullshit and steal some magma from the mt. Doom to use later back at home if the ring came out again?
>>
>>83460388
you can state the same thing about Barad-dur and claim he didn't need to create the tower, just place the eye structure on a mountain closer to the west.

his character was always the type which wants to secure control over everything, so having a fatal flaw like mount doom's absolute lack of local defense is pretty dumb. he literally could have had four elite orcs guarding it, and then the hobbits would have been killed with the return of Sauron's power.
>>
>>83460592
>you can state the same thing about Barad-dur and claim he didn't need to create the tower, just place the eye structure on a mountain closer to the west.

What?

There was no "eye structure." Sauron was not an evil lighthouse.

Fuck's sake at least know the difference between the story as Tolkien wrote it and Peter Jackson's bullshit if you're going to argue.
>>
>>83459586

Why did Nixon keep tapes of his criminal conspiracies? Because he thought he was untouchable. A character flaw that brought him low.
>>
>>83460592
Barad-dur was there even before the creation of the Ring so that's an irrelevant argument. Yes he wanted to control everything but he was also an arrogant fuck. Look at what happened in Numenor. He was so confident that the Valar would fuck up the king and his army he did not account for them going into a fist of autistic rage and destroying the entire fucking island. Sauron always fucks up. His arrogance is as big as his need to control shit.

>could have had four elite orcs guarding it
Yes because the hobbits, especially Sam, are never seen dealing with orcs. Sam took on a fucking orc fortress on the edge of Mordor on his own and won.
>>
>>83460707
Why did Sauron feel so in charge?
>>
Why couldn't Sauron leave behind 1 or 2 orcs to guard mt doom
>>
>>83460039
You guys are all forgetting how difficult for Gandalf to even come across the means of the rings destruction to begin with. He spent ages researching it in the best most secretest magical library in all of Middle Earth, it would be pretty reasonable of Sauron to assume that whoever had the ring probably didn't know what it was and that nobody was actively trying to destroy it.
>>
>>83460789
Why do you think one or two orcs would be a problem for Frodo and Sam?
>>
>>83459630
>thunder
>>
>>83460826
Why didn't Gandalf just use Force Speed to run all the way to the forge, then drop the ring
>>
>>83460851
Ok then, 3 or 4 orcs
>>
>>83460789
How much did the Orcs even know?
Despots tend to guard that sort of secret closely.
I haven't read any of the supplemental material though.
>>
>>83460894
Why do you think 3 or 4 orcs would be of any problem?
>>
File: Door of Morning - John Howe.jpg (473KB, 1169x1250px) Image search: [Google]
Door of Morning - John Howe.jpg
473KB, 1169x1250px
>>83460789
He kept the mountain encircled with an army of them. Too bad for him he didn't keep them there.
>>
>>83460934
Mordor orcs most likely knew about the Ring. The Nazgul knew for certain. Sauron was running a pretty transparent gig. Most political leaders nowadays could learn a thing or two from him.
>>
>>83460942
Ok then, 5 or 6 orcs
>>
>>83460990
But why would you think 5 or 6 would be an issue?
>>
>>83460475
>>83460486
The problem with this is that Sauron would have known that a hobbit possessed it and knew about their resilience to the ring.

Gandalf knew about their innate resilience to corruption through personal evidence which would be made accessible to Sauron through his interrogation of Smeagol, communication with Pippin's thoughts and image through the palantir of Orthanc, and most importantly Frodo's usage of the ring against the ringwraiths.

If you're going to claim that Smeagol was instantly corrupted and this doesn't apply, this is a plot hole too. Bilbo is able to hold and even use the ring for the entirety of The Hobbit without any changes in personality. Smeagol and his friend's immediate corruption is rather unrealistic given the high similarity between his race and hobbits. They both get corrupted much quicker than Isildur, who wanted ultimate power as the new king of Gondor and Arnor more than anything in the world.

Even if you state "Smeagol is obviously not a hobbit", the Palantir of Orthanc showed the apparent effects of the corruption to be nearly nil in comparison to the strong affect it had on other mortal and immortal races. After this, Gandalf assumes Sauron thinks Pippin is the ring-bearer (which is a good assumption I think), and Pippin is shown to be uncorrupted to Sauron which would mean that he can carry it all the way to Mount Doom.

The key evidence that displays a hobbit would be able to potentially destroy the ring is Frodo's encounter with the ringwraiths at Weathertop hill. The ring of power would have 100% been sensed by the ringwraiths and by extension Sauron after the ringwraiths confront him in the shadow realm, and its corruption on him would have been easily identifiable in this plane of existence.

So with this in mind, why would he not secure the one location that he needed to monitor to any degree whatsoever?

>inb4 he was just arrogant desu
>>
>>83461115
TEN (10) orcs
>>
>>83458070
Why couldn't they throw the ring into another volcano?

How did Sauron forge the ring using the fires of Mt. Doom if the platform was so high up?

How did the platform stay up like that?

Why didn't Sauron make a door out of the fires of mt doom for the mt doom forge and then give the key to one of the ring wraiths

Why didn't sauron make everything he wore out of the fires of mount doom so the only thing that could destroy him was the fires of mt doom in the first place?
>>
>>83461180
Alright then, why would it cross your mind that ten (10) orcs would impede the hobbits' passing?
>>
>>83461272
Why didn't you watch the movies or read the books?
>>
File: 1412276390440.jpg (27KB, 340x424px) Image search: [Google]
1412276390440.jpg
27KB, 340x424px
>>83461177
Hobbits didn't have a +2 save throw against corruption racial bonus you dumb fag. It wasn't something innate to their species, take your shitty rpg logic the fuck out of here.
>>
>>83461177
He assumes correctly that a hobbit is in possession of the Ring, though if he knew they were a separate race or just smaller men it's not known.

That does not refute Sauron's arrogance or his lack of understanding of the Fellowship or its motives, since the Fellowship itself was not yet formed at Weathertop. So all Sauron knows is some small guy has his Ring and he assumes it is only a matter of time before he is corrupted (he assumed correctly since in the end Frodo gave in to the Ring) or the Ring would make its way back on its own.

As for the different levels of corruption, it is not entirely dictated by race, though hobbits have a higher capacity for resistance. A factor that also affects how easily someone is corrupted is their personality, essentially making everyone's potential level of resistance to the Ring's will different, an individualistic trait that cannot be ascribed to race alone.
>>
>>83461177
Smeagol is a weak person. Not all Hobbits are the same
>>
File: 1496246918613.jpg (13KB, 265x265px) Image search: [Google]
1496246918613.jpg
13KB, 265x265px
>>83458070
>Asks people to stop shitposting with a shitpost
>>
>>83458822
SEVENTEEN YEARS
>>
>>83461604
>So you are claiming that for some reason Bilbo and Frodo were both totally unaffected by the corrupting influence of the one ring.

That is literally the opposite of what I've argued. You're the one saying that Hobbits can't be corrupted because you're thinking in terms of video games and not the literature which you've never read.
>>
>>83459586
how would he fund the sealing of mt doom?
With what tax money?
>>
>>83461177
Sauron didn't expect anyone to come even close to Mount Doom, let alone Mordor. The one secret entrance was guided by a giant spider who was the descendent of a demi god.
>>83461604
Frodo wasn't immune to the rings corruption, you dunce, and simply carrying the ring is not indicative of someone being immune to it. Why would Sauron assume that?
>>
>>83461432
>RPG logic
where did I mention anything of this sort? oh right, nowhere in this post or my other posts.

>>83461432
>>83461504

So you are claiming that for some reason Bilbo and Frodo were both highly unaffected by the corrupting influence of the one ring independent of their race.

Regardless of this, from Sauron's perspective he would have to assume hobbits were somehow immune to the ring's power because he viewed two different hobbits as carrying the ring without falling to corruption.

Frodo was able to carry the ring successfully towards Mordor until he was stabbed by the Witch King at Weathertop, and then Pippin was viewed by Sauron through the palantir at Rohan after the conquest of Isengard. He most likely interpreted Pippin as the second carrier of the ring after Frodo was killed, and they were both hobbits who didn't seem corrupted through their course of action at least.

Even if hobbits on average would have fallen to the corruption if substituted in on the journeys and Bilbo/Frodo were just special, they could have easily had a group of hobbits who carried the ring for a length of the journey from Sauron's perspective.
>>
>>83461666
>>83461697
I said totally uncorrupted instead of highly uncorrupted, I corrected this here: >>83461699
>>
>>83461177
>After this, Gandalf assumes Sauron thinks Pippin is the ring-bearer (which is a good assumption I think)

No. It says in the book that Gandalf assumed Saruman was torturing a Hobbit by having him look into the palantir. It fucking says that.

Sauron assumed Aragorn had the ring. It says that too.

You know less about the story than the most pedestrian of wikifags. Fuck off.
>>
>>83461604
Nothing of what you're saying is a good counter argument to Sauron being fucked in the ass by his own arrogance. Whether hobbits are more resilient or not, whether Sauron knew a hobbit had his cock ring, or whether Sam and Frodo were or were not incorruptible.

Sauron was a control freak but his autistic OCD was not enough to keep his stupidly inflated ego in check or to save him from his arrogance. We're talking about a guy who stepped out into a battlefield just so show off and got rekt by a Numenorean, when he could have just hung back and let his army destroy the Last Alliance. Sauron is retarded and so are the people that defend him.
>>
>>83461740
>highly uncorrupted
>refuses to destroy it and wants to keep it for himself
Frodo was just as corrupted as anyone else, and again, carrying the ring is not an indication that someone is immune to it. I'm not sure why you would think that.
>>
>>83459705
Its not though
It was literally inconceivable to him someone would ever destroy the ring
>>
>>83460736
But it was Eru that sank Numenor
>>
>>83461749
in the movie this is changed from Sauron thinking Aragorn holds the ring to Sauron thinking Pippin holds the ring. this is /tv/ right, or did I sleepwalk into /lit/ again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oD5YIbTM1_0
>>
>>83461699
I didn't say Frodo and Bilbo (never mentioned) where unaffected by the Ring independent of their race. I said it wasn't the only factor. The Ring affects everyone different. It's a case by case thing. Reread my post.

All Sauron knows from his Nazgul's encounter at Weathertop is that these midget people are as resistant to the Ring as men. Isildur had the Ring on him long enough to write books about the fucking thing. There's no reason for Sauron to think hobbits are especially resilient.

And your group of hobbits idea is retarded. The Ring is also capable of corrupting people who are not directly carrying it. Look at Boromir.
>>
>>83461793

He had high resistance
It overwhelmed him but it took a long time

Borimer barely lasted to lothlorian
>>
>>83461827
Yeah because his bitchboy Manwe cried to him about it.

God I hate these fucking Valar
>>
>>83458070
All mentioned instances of asking for the eagle's help has resulted in their assistance. Using eagles has a 100% success. Plus the Tolkien apologists never explain why their not fine with saving the world, but totally are down with saving random midgets.
>>
File: Attacking the Corsairs of Umbar.jpg (563KB, 1288x1194px) Image search: [Google]
Attacking the Corsairs of Umbar.jpg
563KB, 1288x1194px
>>83461862
Bitch if all you wanted to do was talk about what Jackson fucked up with his adaptation then you should have said so.

Ghosts are a big one for starters. In the actual story they were useless as an army because, being ghosts, they were incorporeal and couldn't actually hurt anyone. They were however able to get a bunch of superstitious pirates to jump ship by flying at their boats.
>>
>>83461974
The fact that Sauron thinks Pipping held the Ring and not Aragorn doesn't help his point in any way. He's just trying to salvage something from his retarded argument. After all he's a Sauron apologist. What else can you expect.
>>
>>83461918
It took less than a year. That's not very long
>>
>>83461959
>All mentioned instances of asking for the eagle's help has resulted in their assistance.

Their assistance wasn't needed because time was not important. Stealth was. Giant eagles aren't exactly inconspicuous, are they?
>>
>>83459263
cute drawing anon
>>
>>83461959
>Eagles fly into Mordor
>Get immediately BTFO by fell beasts
They didn't care enough to take that risk
>>
>>83460701
>evil lighthouse

kek
>>
>>83461793
I never said Frodo is immune to the corruption, as you just quoted me saying that he was highly uncorrupted

>>83461757
Sauron's defeat was after the alliance of elves and men were close to defeating his army and recently destroyed the Black Gate. This is part of the movies and the books.

The seemingly immortal general trying to destroy the army currently invading Mordor isn't too illogical in my opinion.

http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/War_of_the_Last_Alliance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj139dE7tFI
>>
>>83462030
>The fact that Sauron thinks Pipping held the Ring and not Aragorn

In the film, apparently. I guess that was in the extended edition?

Just to make clear, in the book Sauron believed that Aragorn had the ring and that Pippin was one of Saruman's prisoners.
>>
>>83462124
Aragorn appears to Sauron in a deleted scene which is included in the extended edition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjgkBbZE43g
>>
This shit is stupid without even having read all the books
Its the equivalent of asking why Tom Bombadil did not act more to stop Sauron even if he could
Its because its not in his character to do so
Tom Bombadil doesnt do anything because he is apathetic and jolly so isnt really concerned by any of the ring conflict. This may seem illogical because the Forrest he loves would probably be eventually destroyed but a supernatural creature beyond all of physical existence to a degree beyond our understanding cares about what they care about whether it makes sense or not
Sauron in a similar fashion has a degree of arrogance, immortality, and pride that makes him unable to conceive of certain realities
If he was fully logical he would have never rebelled along with others against basically god in the first place
He never ceases to be, not even the ring being destroyed kills him just renders him a useless shadow, and has nothing but endless contempt for the entire world and arrogantly assumes somewhat correctly no person can resist the rings influence
The idea of destroying it is as absurd to him eating your own face and never even crosses his mind
Supernatural immortal creatures do not think at human levels, and even if it seems impractical to the average person its just a game they mostly play until a consequence that was never foreseen occurs
>>
>>83462102
Yes, he walks out wearing the one thing that can decisively destroy in his mace hand. Another amazing display of his stupefying arrogance.
>>
>>83462271
Your autism is stupefying
>>
>>83462257
That's an overly simplistic answer. Sauron didn't think that no one could destroy the ring because he was arrogant, he didn't think that anyone could destroy the ring because the ring was designed to prevent that.
>>
>>83462311
I'm sorry it's too much for you to understand
>>
>>83461945
Melkor did nothing wrong. Feanor deserved it
>>
>>83462401
I would love to see your autistic revision of the story.
>>
Guys, why don't you put a lock on your refrigerator to prevent someone from poisoning your milk? It's basically a guaranteed way of killing you if someone can manage to get into your house without you knowing.
>>
>>83462271
That's another thing Jackson gets wrong, by the way.

Sauron didn't lose his ring because his fingers were cut off. He lost it because he fucking died and Isildur was a loot ninja who bagged it from his corpse. Appearing in battle against Elendil and Gil-galad wasn't an act of arrogance but of desperation. Militarily Sauron had been defeated, the last alliance had laid siege to his tower for something like eighteen years. He was pushed into a corner with no where else to go.
>>
>>83462434
Tolkien was autistic enough. I'm just a fan of his compiled autism.
>>
>>83462447
if there were tons of people who definitely wanted to poison my milk and previously a rogue construction crew tried to tear down my house while I was still inside the living room, then I would probably put a lock on the fridge.
>>
>>83462408
Melkor was an edgy faggot just like the rest of the Valar. Feanor was the only truly redpilled Elf in Arda.
>>
Sauron isn't even dead. He can still eventually make a comeback
>>
>>83462542
What if that was 3000 years ago though
>>
>>83462460
More on Sauron dying:

Being a Maia Sauron is technically deathless. But the physical bodies Maiar manifest for themselves can be destroyed. The closest a Maia can actually get to dying is being too weak to construct another body after losing an old one.

Anyway Sauron was physically defeated and Isildur took the ring as a "weregild," blood payment because Sauron had killed his dad.
>>
>Why didn't the use the eagles to fly to Mordor?

Because the Eye of Sauron would've spotted them from miles away, and the fucking Nazgul had their Fellbeasts to rape their shit. And no, Gandalf the Grey couldn't have done anything to protect the fellowship from the Nazgul.
>>
>>83462546
The Valar bullied him because they thought he sucked at singing. Melkor really didn't do anything wrong.
>>
>>83462594
Sauron is immortal, so it would be like 8-10 years ago in his timeframe
>>
>>83462612
>Gandalf the Grey couldn't have done anything to protect the fellowship from the Nazgul.
Only because the Valar commanded the wizards to be guides
>>
>>83462638
No, it's still 3000 years
>>
>>83462587
Not really in such a weakened state, his master might come back because his power is so much greater but not Sauron
>>
>>83462626
Nah, they were in an orchestra and Melkor decided "fuck this sweet ass music we're all creating together, I'm gonna make some discord" which isn't altogether wrong it's just a cuntish thing to do.

His true faggot self showed when he became so envious of his fellow Valar's works down in Arda that he started destroying their creations in a fit of autism. Not to mention all the stupid shit and bad moves he made on the way to getting his shit ultimately pushed in.
>>
>>83462766
Yeah Melkor is the strongest Valar but Sauron can also come back. He just needs time to recover and if Melkor comes back he can revive Sauron
>>
>>83462766
Morgoth was banished into the Timeless Void after the War of Wrath ended with his total defeat, so he would have to find some way to escape his confinement in the void and get past the Door of Night somehow.

http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Melkor#Final_defeat
>>
>>83462793
Melkor was slighted by Eru and the rest of the Valar so I don't blame him
>>
>>83462873
That won't happen until Dagor Dagorath which Morgoth and co. are destined to lose because God wills it so.

Granted they will manage to destroy the world but not enough to keep it from being healed and remade.
>>
>>83462901
How was he slighted by Eru
>>
>>83462873
>Melkor is the strongest Valar
He was but he screwed himself over when he spread his power all over Middle Earth. He did it to gain dominance but he was weaker when he left middle earth.
>>
>>83463009
He was fucked either way because Tulkas could 1v1 Melkor back when he was still Melkor and had most of his power
>>
>>83461694
Build wall and make the orcs pay for it.
>>
>>83462899
>>83462873
1/2
The war was successful, and ruin was limited to the small (if
beautiful) region of Beleriand. Morgoth was thus actually made
captive in physical form,(9) and in that form taken as a mere
criminal to Aman and delivered to Namo Mandos as judge -
and executioner. He was judged, and eventually taken out of the
Blessed Realm and executed: that is killed like one of the
Incarnates. It was then made plain (though it must have been
understood beforehand by Manwe and Namo) that, though he
had 'disseminated' his power (his evil and possessive and
rebellious will) far and wide into the matter of Arda, he had lost
direct control of this, and all that 'he', as a surviving remnant of
integral being, retained as 'himself' and under control was the
terribly shrunken and reduced spirit that inhabited his selfimposed (but now beloved) body. When that body was
destroyed he was weak and utterly 'houseless', and for that time at
a loss and 'unanchored' as it were. We read that he was then
thrust out into the Void.(10) That should mean that he was put
outside Time and Space, outside Ea altogether; but if that were
so this would imply a direct intervention of Eru (with or without
supplication of the Valar). It may however refer inaccurately *
to the extrusion or flight of his spirit from Arda.
In any case, in seeking to absorb or rather to infiltrate
himself throughout 'matter', what was then left of him was no
longer powerful enough to reclothe itself. (It would now remain
fixed in the desire to do so: there was no 'repentance' or
possibility of it: Melkor had abandoned for ever all 'spiritual'
ambitions, and existed almost solely as a desire to possess and
dominate matter, and Arda in particular.)
>>
>>83463080
Tulkas came during the war and at that point Melkor already did spread his power around to corrupt Arda. In the very beginning he was the best but since he was also retarded that didn't matter much
>>
>>83463159
At least it could not
yet reclothe itself. We need not suppose that Manwe was
deluded into supposing that this had been a war to end war, or
(* [footnote to the text] Since the minds of Men (and even of the
Elves) were inclined to confuse the 'Void', as a conception of the state
of Not-being, outside Creation or Ea, with the conception of vast
spaces within Ea, especially those conceived to lie all about the enisled
'Kingdom of Arda' (which we should probably call the Solar System).)
even to end Melkor. Melkor was not Sauron. We speak of him
being 'weakened, shrunken, reduced'; but this is in comparison
with the great Valar. He had been a being of immense potency
and life. The Elves certainly held and taught that fear or 'spirits'
may grow of their own life (independently of the body), even as
they may be hurt and healed, be diminished and renewed.(11) The
dark spirit of Melkor's 'remainder' might be expected, therefore, eventually and after long ages to increase again, even (as
some held) to draw back into itself some of its formerly
dissipated power. It would do this (even if Sauron could not)
because of its relative greatness. It did not repent, or turn finally
away from its obsession, but retained still relics of wisdom, so
that it could still seek its object indirectly, and not merely
blindly. It would rest, seek to heal itself, distract itself by other
thoughts and desires and devices - but all simply to recover
enough strength to return to the attack on the Valar, and to its
old obsession. As it grew again it would become, as it were, a
dark shadow, brooding on the confines of Arda, and yearning
towards it.
Nonetheless the breaking of Thangorodrim and the extrusion
of Melkor was the end of 'Morgoth' as such, and for that age
(and many ages after). It was thus, also, in a sense the end of
Manwe s prime function and task as Elder King, until the End.
He had been the Adversary of the Enemy.

Sorry for not formatting it any better, just pasted it
>>
>>83463080
Yeah, before Tulkas showed up Morgoth could take on all thirteen other Valar together.

Then the god of war is birthed into the cosmos and the game changed completely.

Also it's worth nothing that Tulkas was considered one of the six lesser Valar because Tolkien never equated power with fighting prowess.
>>
>>83463192
From history of middle earth book 10, I think there are Tolkien letters better expressing my point about Sauron being reduced for eternity. Also, tolkien gateway is a MUCH better site than lotr wiki
>>
Wow master and servant are alike. Both Morgoth and Sauron were morons who gave themselves weaknesses
>>
>>83463180
It's a shame Melkor was so dumb. He could have really done some cool shit
>>
>>83463432
He spent his life throwing a fit because his Dad wouldn't let him play with magic life-giving legos to create his waifu donut steel race
>>
>>83460771
He was fucking giant
>>
>>83463538
Actually Melkor was pure at first. He created discord to show his power to his father and wanted recognition but was rebuked instead so he became an edgy fucker who ruined everyone else's creations
>>
>>83463432
His revenge was the best part of the Silmarillion. The way he screwed over everybody was great
>>
>>83458822
So thats why my stomach is doing when i eat taco bell
>>
>>83458822
>Time wasn't an issue

It doesn't fucking matter if time is an issue or not, if you're going to go to the store to buy groceries are you gonna walk there or take your car? You're gonna take your fucking car because its most convenient and the quickest way. No winning this battle with that reasoning anon.
>>
>>83464178
Not if it's absolutely imperative that your trip to the store be a secret you idiot.
>>
>>83461749
Why didnt Yavanna ask Galadriel for some of her hair to restore the trees after Feanor refused her the Silmarils?
smugfodo.png
>>
>>83463559
For you.
>>
File: 1495772042221.jpg (75KB, 547x692px) Image search: [Google]
1495772042221.jpg
75KB, 547x692px
>>83459630
>struck by thunder
>>
>>83461699
>Frodo was able to carry the ring successfully towards Mordor
Towards Rivendell, a direction that would take them no where near Mordor.
>>
>>83462542
Why would a construction crew tearing down your house immediately make you think they were out to poison your milk?
And why would you lock your refrigerator in case someone poisons your milk when someone poisoning your milk is an inconceivable notion to you?
Thread posts: 125
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.