[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The aliens from "Alien: Covenant"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: ACA.jpg (197KB, 2560x1066px) Image search: [Google]
ACA.jpg
197KB, 2560x1066px
Why were they CGI instead of costumes?
>>
>>83453829
Humans can't jump across the room.
>>
Because it's 2017, move on. The CGI Aliens aren't bad.
>>
>>83453915
They are easily the worst part of the film.
They lack the screen presence and gravitas that has always accompanied the Xenomorph.
>>
>>83453892
Then hire blacks
>>
>>83453965
never seen the movie but that screen in op doesn't look so bad? Also i heard they used a mixture of CGI and costumes.
>>
>>83453969
didnt work well when they tried it before

http://www.jackincongruente.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/alien-Bolaji-Badejo.jpg
>>
>>83453965
That has nothing to do with CGI, the director decided the scenes would be short, ther was no long shots of Aliens salivating next to someone's face.
>>
Jews and focus groups
>>
>>83453965
That's a direction issue desu, the Alien being in full view instantly after being born etc. kills the tension.

It's not CGIs fault but hack directors who were forced to use concealed props before can now go full goerge lucas.
>>
>>83454445
>>83453965
I mean I agree but what's the point of hiding the xenos in a 38 years old franchise? Everyone knows what they look like at this point, the series should have just focused on something other than xenos as it was originally intended
>>
>>83453829
I don't think the CGI Aliens look bad, like other have said it's more of direction problem. What I think looks bad is the digital rendering backgrounds, they look flat and lifeless without any dynamic lighting or shadows. Most contemporary scifi films look like video games desu.
>>
>>83453965
I think that was because of the direction. The original alien costume looked fucking terrible too.
>>
>>83454044
>Catalog
The last half hour or so the Xenos are pure CGI and are just jumping around doing bullshit.
>>83454109
It does though though CGI gives directors limitless possibilities and they usually end up showing too much.
Also every Alien film needs that shot.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.