[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your thoughts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: alien-covenant.jpg (67KB, 509x755px) Image search: [Google]
alien-covenant.jpg
67KB, 509x755px
Watched it jesterday.. I liked it a lot.. not the best movie but probably the best SF this summer.
What are your toughts on this movie and please state why you love/hate it.
>>
I thought that it was a good movie but I didnt like it bhat much but it was pretty gok probably best sf movie this summer i liked the alien parts and also the bit with the fltute that goes toot 8/10
>>
>>83441219
7.5, only really there to correct the mistakes Prometheus made.

Main chick had little to no characterization, plus for some reason she turns into a fucking action hero in the end no reason (When she ties herself onto a flying ship). I have no idea what she actually does too, is she like a fucking engineer or something?
>>
>>83441219
Such a disappointing movie. Prometheus was way better
>>
would have been better without the xenomorph but numorhp instead

david being the creator is fucking retarded if anything he should have his own version who then get ripped apart by the real alien in the last movie of the series
>>
>>83441219
Market harder, fuckstick.
>>
File: 1463404210483.jpg (36KB, 600x403px) Image search: [Google]
1463404210483.jpg
36KB, 600x403px
Pretty much shit except for a few small scenes. I laughed harder and more often than I ever should in an Alien movie and the first half hour is tedious as fuck before devolving in to the same old shit done worse than ever with cheap CGI and a stupid ass ending "action scene" that was was hilariously stupid. The whole "twist ending that wasn't a twist or is the twist that there is a twist" ending was just handled horribly and as trite as possible with that song choice. The background looks off since you can tell they just digitally extended the cabin of the ship to infinity. The sleeping bag pods hanging up and the embryo drawers were designed as if they ran out of money for actual props which overall looks worse than in the god damn original like they went to Ikea for half the shit this time.

It was trash but still better looking than most of the shit that is released today so people think it's "good" when it's just made well due to the massive companies behind the production using it as nothing but a cash grab. Whoever was in charge of casting should be banned from the industry. I could go on but it's not worth thinking about this disappointment any more. I wish it was just the straight sequel to Prometheus as it should have been but noooo all the fucking normie morons had to whine that they were too stupid to understand rather simple concepts and just wanted more dark hallway jump scares so we just got a fucking rehash of the first two combined as if it's something entirely new in order to please the retards...
>>
>>83441219
I can't wait for the next film when David activates his time machine and goes back ten thousand years to make sure the Engineers keep xenomorph eggs on their ships in order to push a hamfisted attempt of the story of creation and the gods
>>
>>83441219
I feel like people have gone insane. The creatures looked amazing and the scene were the xenomorph dropped down from the ceiling looked very visceral. I don't understand all this nostalgic masturbation about rubber suits.
>>
File: 1496126537064.png (3MB, 2538x780px) Image search: [Google]
1496126537064.png
3MB, 2538x780px
this scene ruined it for me
>>
>>83443358
Why?
>>
>>83443377
because it's retarded
>>
>>83443324
>looked very visceral
Stop.
>>
>>83441219
It's a jumbled mess. David hates humans because he was disappointed with his creator. A frail man obsessed with his mortality.

All the lead characters in alien covenant are bad ass and have no fear. The lead female is fighting an alien (his perfect creation) on a spaceship tied to it with a harness and then again on the ship. On the ship they don't even use guns to kill it.

His motivation is all over the place.
>>
>>83441219
Why did you pay money to watch that dreck especially after all the trailers and the shitshow that was prometheus?
>>
>>83443549
Seeing that guy get mauled to death struck me on a visceral level. I had a reaction to it.
>>
>>83443449
Please elaborate.
>>
>>83443636
Because you're a fag.
I bet you find vidya scary too, CGI is no different.
>>
>>83443758
CGI has come a long way and yes I find scary media scary the same way I find roller coasters "scary". It's fun.
>>
>>83443682
Why were the engineers some sort of pre-historic egyptian-like society all of the sudden?
What happened to all of their technology?
Why was that thing that docked to the ship floating all on its own?
Why did David exterminate an entire planet for no reason?
Why didn't the Engineers shoot him down?
Why have this be the Engineer's planet at all when it could have been any old habitable planet without affecting the plot in any way?
Why was there no detectable space junk around the planet?
>>
>>83441219
Second best Alien movie hands down. Normies and /reddit/-fags won't get it.
>>
File: 4dx1CCM.jpg (200KB, 600x449px) Image search: [Google]
4dx1CCM.jpg
200KB, 600x449px
Is this worth 14 bucks or should I just wait for a decent quality torrent?
>>
>>83443828
>I want it to be explained like my mass effect games, the post

KYS my man.
>>
>>83443804
Nice blog, Reddit.
The first two films are still superior.
>>
>>83443875
Torrent.

Also drink plenty of alcohol.
>>
>>83443875
Are you a millenial homosexual? Go watch Guardians of the Galaxy.
Are you a genuine Alien fan? Go see it right now.
Else, torrent.
>>
>>83443828
>Why were the engineers some sort of pre-historic egyptian-like society all of the sudden?
They are probably what we would have become if we had not killed space jesus.
>What happened to all of their technology?
The actual Engineers are likely dead.
>Why was that thing that docked to the ship floating all on its own?
To look like super advanced technology.
>Why did David exterminate an entire planet for no reason?
So he can create a new species to replace humans and engineers.
>Why didn't the Engineers shoot him down?
Engineers seem to despise self preservation and venerate sacrifice. That's also why they hate humans.
>Why have this be the Engineer's planet
It could be their homeworld, regional homeworld, or just the best replacement candidate world.
>Why was there no detectable space junk around the planet?
They either cleaned it out or they have not been to space in a long time and orbital decay took its course.
>>
>>83443828
>Why were the engineers some sort of pre-historic egyptian-like society all of the sudden?
Huh? Their city looked pretty advanced in places. Did you not notice that they had a giant spaceport. They clearly have a different aesthetic than humans. The only thing I think would throw you off is that they like to wear robes.

>Why was that thing that docked to the ship floating all on its own?
What the fuck even is this complaint?

>Why didn't the Engineers shoot him down?
Because he was in their ship that was returning home. And David spoke the Engineer language to boot. Why would they shoot down their own ship?

>Why did David exterminate an entire planet for no reason?
That's kind of the plot of the movie. It appears when he was rebuilt something went wrong with his brain and he went insane. Almost... human in his mental error you might say. He also seemed to have gotten very nihilistic after essentially watching his god/father get pointlessly killed like a pathetic bitch by his creator, thus demonstrating life is directionless and mad.

>Why was there no detectable space junk around the planet?
Engineers don't appear to be wasteful. The virus and David's experiments killed all organic life. It's possible that he planet was a small colony or way-station for the Engineers. Or we just saw one part of the planet and there were other cities on the various continents.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.