[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why create an Android capable of disobeying?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: David_8_profile.jpg (67KB, 720x800px) Image search: [Google]
David_8_profile.jpg
67KB, 720x800px
Why would there be zero failsafes to prevent it from turning on humans and committing physical and sexual assault?

Did they never hear of beta testing?
>>
Weyland was a beta male
>>
>>83427049
Why create any movies after aliens 3 and the original predator?
>>
Why was winona ryder such a shitty worthless robot
>>
>>83427049

David had no safeguards because Weyland created him as a "son" who he felt would eventually surpass humanity as the next step in evolution. Once Weyland died you got Walter, created with safeguards to be a servant bot just like you're describing.
>>
>>83427159
She was programmed to be an asshole.
>>
>>83427185
He didn't want bots to surpass humans, he just wanted an offspring race to show he was a god. What he really wanted was immortality.

Though with their technology it should've been possible to do the synaptic pattern transfer thing.
>>
>>83427293
>Though with their technology it should've been possible to do the synaptic pattern transfer thing.

That's not true immortality. That's just creating a copy of yourself. You just get to watch an immortal doppelganger take your place while you die.
>>
>>83427293
>synaptic pattern transfer thing

there are billions of intangible things about the human mind/soul that can't be translated to ones and zeros, therefore all those attempts probably failed
>>
>>83427366
Just make it mandatory explode the "original" during the process and people wouldn't care so much.
>>
>>83427429

The original person who's trying to become immortal would probably care a lot as they're being exploded.
>>
>>83427417
>there are billions of intangible things about the human mind/soul

Peter Weyland didn't believe in souls.
>>
>>83427417

I disagree. If we could make a cybernetic brain and then perfectly map the neural pathways it would be an exact copy of that person. It's incredibly egotistical to insist that humans are somehow super special snowflakes who exist above all of nature on a fundamental level. We're meat machines like anything else, and like human-made machines they can be mechanically copied with sufficient technology.
>>
>>83427688

wut?
>>
>>83427853
>It's incredibly egotistical
What does this have to do with the viability of anything? It is also "egotistical" to think you can dominate nature by living forever. It's "egotistical" to think that we can figure shit out, etc. Just a dumb way to phrase your point of view---a position that is not entirely unagreeable.
>>
>>83427185
Weyland had to craft a better robot than the Tyrell's Corporation's Replicant to take over the market.
Once he was able to create a machine that could easily pass the Voight-kampff test he was able to take total corporate control of Earth.
Finally realizing this goal he turns his eyes to the stars in order to find his maker.
>>
>>83427049
Why create Windows 10 with constant updates that make old hardware unuseable?
>>
Why didn't he put himself in hyper sleep for however long he wanted to live... Ripley went 50 years in hyper sleep and didn't age a single day... and that's fucking canon.
>>
>>83428014
this
>>
>>83427122
I liked Predator 2 and Predators wasn't that bad imo.
>>
>>83427159

shes not useless for muh dik
>>
File: Taste like baby food.jpg (164KB, 1600x1056px) Image search: [Google]
Taste like baby food.jpg
164KB, 1600x1056px
>>83427293
Why not just transplant the brain over and RoboCop that bad boy with some sort of super futuristic nutrient paste that keeps the brain from deteriorating.
>>
File: tho.png (302B, 52x69px) Image search: [Google]
tho.png
302B, 52x69px
>>83428014
made me hmm
>>
>>83427049
Why did G-d?
>>
>>83427159
>>83427229
Kek.

Would definitely let her be a worthless assehole to me if you catch my drift.
>>
>>83428077
Aliens isn't canon anymore. Neither is the Queen or Bishop bot.
>>
>>83427049
>Dude fuck humanity lmao
>>
>>83427049
People shit on this movie but I really liked it. The thought processes between Walter and David was very interesting to me and the little albino alien babies are fierce as fuck.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.