[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did all these suck?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: freddy510.jpg (40KB, 510x300px) Image search: [Google]
freddy510.jpg
40KB, 510x300px
Why did all these suck?
>>
>>83421996
Shit premise
>>
>>83422024
Aaaaaaand /thread
Nice job, everyone.
>>
File: 1432715556546.png (103KB, 278x298px) Image search: [Google]
1432715556546.png
103KB, 278x298px
>>83421996
>>83422024
>>83422104
>implying the original A Nightmare on Elm Street, ANOES 3: Dream Warriors and Wes Craven's New Nightmare are bad
>>
>>83421996
The original is god-tier. If you're a horror fan, I don't see how you couldn't like it.
>>
Because you were too busy bobbing up and down on your nigger boyfriend's cock instead of paying attention to the films.
>>
>>83422024
the premise is fine, the writing is bad
>>
>>83421996
cause all you gotta do is lucid dream or smoke a bunch of meth to kill the vagina face villian
>>
File: seEMZxo6bhHWbWPNcBQfsMAk39F.jpg (320KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
seEMZxo6bhHWbWPNcBQfsMAk39F.jpg
320KB, 1280x1920px
The second one is massively underrated and misunderstood.
It's the best in the series, hands down, yet one of the most unappreciated movies of all time.
>>
>>83421996
Why do you need strangers to explain/validate your opinions?
>>
>>83424207
Explain your completely incorrect opinion.
>>
>>83424207
I don't hate it like some people do, but it's definitely not the best. They fucked up hard by letting Freddy leave the dream world. He just looks silly running around making scary faces at a pool party.
>>
I've only watched the first one and it is a legitimately great movie. Even with the mother's shitty acting.
https://youtu.be/CXF7x1D77-Y
>>
>>83424207
That poster makes me feel and smell the 80s
>>
First one is decent but overrated. NoES 3: The Dream Warriors is by far the best one despite the worst title
>>
File: Freddy pd_47_tcmag_790.jpg (93KB, 790x1101px) Image search: [Google]
Freddy pd_47_tcmag_790.jpg
93KB, 790x1101px
>>83421996
Why didn't you go see all of them in theaters as they were being released.
Why are you in your early 20s?
Why were you born?
>>
>>83424207
>>83424301

Yeah on one hand it really breaks the canon by breaking the rule that Freddy can't leave the dreamworld. That said, Freddy using the main character's subconscious homosexuality against him was far more subtle than anything else that's been in the movies before or after.
>>
>>83424436
>>
It really warbles my marbles that the only legitimately decent films Craven made were the NOES ones he was involved with and the Scream movies. Don't try to tell me Last House on the Left and The Hills Have Eyes were actually good.

Serpent and the Rainbow was okay. Shit ending though.
>>
>>83424791
>Don't try to tell me Last House on the Left and The Hills Have Eyes were actually good.
Why not?
Also, The People Under The Stairs.
>>
>>83424275
It's got some great nightmare sequences, it dared to be something different than the original and the later sequels which only attempted to either remake it or upstage with silly dream kills, and it offered a great analogue on how teenage insecurities can be a waking nightmare, especially ones relating to identity and sexuality.

>>83424301
That was sort of the point. What brought Freddy forth was not his revenge this time around, but the insecurities of a (possibly) closeted homosexual teen in the 80s. Freddy attempts to use him as a vessel, but in doing so gets all the kids nightmares and insecurities projected onto him. He's meant to be pathetic running around that pool party, he's not just invading nightmares at that point, nightmares are also invading him.
>>
>>83424791
Deadly Blessing and Red Eye are good. The Last House on the Left would be an exploitation masterpiece if it didn't have those terrible sheriff comic relief scenes.
>>
>>83424301
It has some interesting stuff -- like when Freddy breaks through that guy's body to enter reality.

But, the protag is too weak for me to rank it higher. Like, he lets the girl he's after fight FOR him, whereas typical protags -- even the female ones -- fight back in some manner.
>>
>>83424827
>The People Under The Stairs
I loved that movie as a kid. That batshit family was fucking great.
>>
>>83424678
I really really like those high hipped swimsuits
>>
I still remember he killed the heroine of one of the early films by just tossing her in a furnace in the dream world which burned her alive in her sleep. It was so random and casual yet it gave me the weirdest boner. Now I fap a lot to strong women being mind broken or humiliated and really enjoy it.
So overall pretty good movies.
>>
>>83425200
he gave you a craven for somethin alright
>>
>>83421996
They're all actually pretty good.

Even part 2.

Or maybe it's the nostalgia talking because I haven't seen parts 4-7 in about eight years.
>>
File: elm-4-arm-break.jpg (129KB, 600x321px) Image search: [Google]
elm-4-arm-break.jpg
129KB, 600x321px
>>83425357
I actually really like them.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.