[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alien Covenant: Why david loved the Aliens

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: protomorph.jpg (49KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
protomorph.jpg
49KB, 1280x720px
I have a theory about the aliens, as to why david loved the aliens so much. It wasn't just affection someone showed towards a lab rat, or a project. David became very emotional whenever he talked about them, and when the Captain shot the one proto-morph he lost it completely.

My theory is that each alien carries the dna of shaw inside them, and that's why they seem to show no aggression towards david, because at a subconcious level each one of them is like a clone of shaw. Therefore this is the reason david loved each one of them so much, because it was as if he had brought a piece of shaw back to life.

So in my opinion david really did love shaw and exposed her to the black goo by accident, and ever since david had been trying to bring shaw back from death with his creations.

What do you think about that /tv/? Perhaps ridley will explore this more in the next film?

tl;dr Shaw is the ancestor of all the aliens
>>
>>83421454
Did you even watch the movie? David's motivation for making and loving the aliens is because he's a synth and can't create his own life. He's jealous of humanity and wanted to be a creator, and felt that humans were wasteful with the lives they've been given.

They're effectively his children.
>>
>>83421454
"Aliens" already existed. You can see creatures bursting from the engineers when David exterminates them, and it's directly stated that the black goo creates hybrid shock troops. Maybe he somehow used parts of Shaw to direct the evolution into Neos and Xenos.
>>
>>83421527
I disagree, I think there is a deeper reason behind his obession with the aliens. He could have just created a bunch of giant penis monsters.
>>
>>83421527
lol thats not his motivation at all.
>>
>>83421567
The way shaw was on the table, she had definitely been mutated, and had survived for awhile. 10 years in a long time, perhaps she died only recently.
>>
>>83421575
>He could have just created a bunch of giant penis monsters.

Giant penis monsters aren't in his image. He also didn't love Shaw, he loved what he created from her. He obviously just used her to create his Aliens.

>>83421585
It's exactly his motivation, hence saying the one thing he believes in is creation.
>>
>>83421640
you're just like David, not realizing that one wrong note ruins a symphony. You have no idea what you're meming about.
>>
>>83421640
I disagree, I think he really did love shaw. There are so many questions, how could shaw send the distress call if she died in the crash. Why was she mutated yet still had a human face. Why would david have made a garden dedicated to her?
>>
>>83421705
You're failed to understand David's character, congratulations. Instead of telling me I'm wrong, why don't you explain why I am?

>>83421721
That's not real love. You don't kill and mutate the people you love to create horrible killing machines.

He loved the killing machines, because in his eye it's the most important and beautiful thing he's created. That Protomorph or whatever you want to call it in your OP had absolutely zero connection to Shaw.
>>
File: 1496196630841.jpg (7KB, 227x225px) Image search: [Google]
1496196630841.jpg
7KB, 227x225px
>>83421454
This movie was awful, cant we just pretend like it doesnt exist?
>>
>>83421787
I think that he mutated her by accident and she probably killed herself, and ever since he had been trying to bring her back via the black goo.
>>
>>83421860
There's absolutely no evidence to support that and more evidence to support David is unhinged and just used her to create his aliens.

>just infected her with the black goo he knows full well is dangerous
>by accident
>>
>>83421640
>It's exactly his motivation, hence saying the one thing he believes in is creation.
He didn't say "my creations" he said creation, which could mean reality in general, or existence.
>>
>>83421896
But they are his creations, that's how he looks at it. It's the only life that he had any potential in creating. For all intents and purposes, the aliens are his creations. Try again.
>>
>>83421888
But like you said, he didn't need shaw to create the protomorphs because they already existed in engineer society. It would seem to me, he wanted to bring shaw back in a protomorph body. During the egg scene he says they are waitng for "mother" in otherwords, they are waiting for shaw.
>>
>>83421988
It's heavily implied David killed her and used her for experimentation so I really don't see what you're getting any love from.

What reason would he have to love the particular "Neomorph" in your picture when it had absolutely nothing to do with Shaw? Your theory falls apart at that stage. Everything he did and said in the movie points to him wanting to create the perfect organism, not the perfect Shaw who he likely just killed.
>>
>>83422113
I already explained it to you. David killed her by accident so he started splicing her dna with the different animals and black goo in an attempt to revive her. We don't know that david killed her, infact most likely she killed herself after becoming mutated.
>>
>>83422178
>David killed her by accident so he started splicing her dna with the different animals and black goo in an attempt to revive her.

And like I already said, 0 evidence supporting this.

>We don't know that david killed her, infact most likely she killed herself after becoming mutated.

Why would he purposely mutate her?
>>
>>83422113
>>83422178
Allow me to elaborate. In lore the aliens have genetic memory, so at a sub-concious level, each one of the proto morphs is a version of shaw.
>>
>>83422242
>each one of the proto morphs is a version of shaw

What is a Protomorph to you?
>>
>>83422206
I think he mutated her by accident, and she ran to the ship to send a distress call, but she got all mutated and crazy when she got there. Hence why her distress call is just her singing. Perhaps she crashed the ship into the mountain and killed herself, and david found her, and after that he kept splicing her dna into the local fauna in an attempt to bring her back with a new body.

The protomorph IS shaw.
>>
>>83422287
protomorphs are the precursors to xenomorphs.
>>
>>83422297
>>83422319
Remember, they find shaws id tags and body suit in the crashed ship, this would tell us that there is more to davids story than it would appear.

-david nukes engineers with black goo
-wakes up shaw
-shaw and david spend time together
-david tells shaw the engineers were already dead
-shaw gets accidently mutated
-shaw gets into the ship
-crashes it into the mountain
-david rescues shaws corpse from ship
-spends 10 years trying to bring her back to life via the black goo
>>
>>83422297

Or maybe she's singing "Take me HOME" cause she's going to the engineers HOME world, and its not actually a distress call just David trying to lure whoever to the planet.
>>
File: sup dude.png (469KB, 399x810px) Image search: [Google]
sup dude.png
469KB, 399x810px
>>83422297
Yeah but are you saying it's the white smooth faced on in OPs picture or the alien that for all intents and purposes is a Xenomorph?

>>83422297
And then when the Protomorph is born he raises its arms in an attempt to get it to mimic him, like a father or mother would do with their baby. It's his child, it isn't Shaw.

He loved Shaw because they were two in the same, two people who could not create life on their own.
>>
>>83422483
I'm saying that because david spliced her dna into the protomorph strain, that in essence each alien IS shaw at a primeval or subconscious level. Even the xenomorphs.

>>83422477
maybe but I don't think so.
>>
>>83422582
And I'm saying he looks at the Xenomorphs as his creations because he's a Synth who can't create his own life like his own creators can, not Shaw. It's like you were in the bathroom for the first 5 minutes of the film.

He's jealous he's not God.
>>
>>83421454
>in the next film?
hope all alien by scott got cancelled and fox just sign on blomkamp alien.
>>
>>83422650
I think it's a little of both, I think that he sees them as him and shaws children, but also sees them as shaw.
>>
>>83421806
no . Its canon now cuz its from scott so u shall suffer
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.