[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Red Letter Media

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 12

File: the nerd crew.jpg (188KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
the nerd crew.jpg
188KB, 1280x720px
Did the buy all of this Nerd merchandise ironically?
>>
>>83407134
patreon bux at work
>>
>>83407134
- red letter media is cancer just like any other faggot channel like the ones they're "making fun of"
- their only achievement is taking a shit at a trilogy brimming with flaws that are easily exploited and turned into memes
- there are literally ZERO good film critics on youtube, YMS' review of Synecdoche is a rare fucking exception
- fuck Red Letter Media and their autistic "if muvi fun muvi gude" POV
>>
Some of it is clearly crap that they already had lying around from years ago, like the Phantom Menace toys, the Landspeeder and the Eminem figure in front of Rich.

The TFA and Marvel stuff, they must have bought using Patreon or out of their own pockets. None of it looks particularly expensive though.
>>
>>83407134
almost all of that stuff is super cheap, like $5-10 figures
>>
>>83407134
most of them look like chinese knockoff
>>
Stop watching friend simulators
>>
>>83407290
triggered
>>
Why do losers obsess over e-celebrities?
>>
>>83407290
this guy liked rogue one and/or dc capeshit
>>
>>83407290
YMS has gone down the shitter.
>>
>>83407481
nope, i'm just not a retard who is unable to see RLM for what it is
just because they spew memes out of their asses and drink beer while doing so, doesn't mean their reviews are any fucking good
>>
>>83407134
How do you physically purchase something "ironcially?" You go to a store, you give them your money.
>>
>>83407484
which is why i only pointed out the Synecdoche review, i was never fond of shitting on objectively garbage films just because it attracts views and is >funny
>>
>>83407484
of a dog?
>>
>>83407574
YMS spent 10 fucking minutes examining a close up of an alarm clock in Synecdoche. That review series is terrible.
>>
>>83407574
>>83407598
Would you expect anything better from a Canadian who's into beastiality?
>>
>>83407598
>I prefer RLM's "I like dis because le fun xD", "I dont like dis because it is bad XD"
>Analyzing a scene for 10 minutes means that a review is terrible
kys
>>
>>83407545
best of the worst is genuinely entertaining content though. I don't care about the movies they watch nor do I have any interest in seeing them but I'm more entertained by an hour of BOTW than an episode of most tv shows
>>
Very cool
>>
>>83407290
>the guy who wants to fuck horses is better
wew lad
>>83407698
so by your logic if it's a long review it's better
>>
File: 1473998911001.jpg (994KB, 4500x4334px) Image search: [Google]
1473998911001.jpg
994KB, 4500x4334px
>>83407290
mad?
>>
>>83407718
>le "we're gonna make fun of bad low budget films that people worked hard as fuck to create even though everything we've ever filmed was complete and utter garbage but with excuse---errr---exception that our movies are ((((((ironic))))))" meme
>>
>>83407698
>>Analyzing a scene for 10 minutes means that a review is terrible
No, analyzing THAT scene means the review is terrible. YMS nitpicks the fuck out of the smallest details.
>>
Rich with numale glasses top kek
>>
>>83407933
>we're gonna make fun of bad low budget films that people worked hard as fuck to create
RLM has very often commented on the craft or effort put into the movies they talk about on Best of the Worst

>with excuse---errr---exception that our movies are ((((((ironic))))))"
Show me one example of anyone at RLM using this excuse.

I'll wait.
>>
>>83407933
is this a disguised
>why don't you do it better then
argument?
someone can critique a movie without having made a better movie themselves what the fuck. laughing at shitty movies is fun regardless of how good the guys are at making movies. they're good at producing internet videos and those are watch I watch, not their movies.
>>
>>83407850
did you seriously just assume that I - after specifically using the word "analyzing" - claimed that a longer review means a better review? if a scene calls for such an extensive analysis, i'm all for it, and it just so happens that analyzing TIME is a necessity for synecdoche, which is exactly what he did

how does wanting to fuck a horse negate you from being a better at reviewing films than a bunch of pretentious film school dropouts who think that a fun movie equals a 10/10 great awesome movie? post me your scientific articles that prove that
>>
>>83407574
>can't even finish his "exception"
>>
>>83407422
but jay a cute
>>
>>83407290
YMS' synecdoche review was garbage
>LOL DUDE LOOK AT THIS EDITING TRICK WITH THE FONT THIS MOVIE IS SO DEEP
>>
>>83407134
Most of it looks pretty cheap. If you are too much of a walletlet to buy some trash for a gag, you need to step up.
>>
File: 1489506249680.png (155KB, 301x313px) Image search: [Google]
1489506249680.png
155KB, 301x313px
>>83407555
They live their entire lives in an ironic way.
Our lord and savior, DFW, once said that irony is often times a mask used to cover up pain.
Which is certainly true in the case of the RLM crew who have drowned themselves for years in vacuous Hollywood consumerism. The only cure to this hollow lifestyle is irony and hard drinking.
>>
When future generations sift through the smoldering rubble of postmodern America, they would do well to locate a hard drive with RedLetterMedia content on it. They could study Mike and Jay and, with that thin slice of information, fully understand what it is that killed western civilization.
Those two are bitter, cynical nihilists. They have devoted their lives, the prime years of productivity, to pithily lampooning cultural ephemera and implying "we could do better than these idiot filmmakers, but we're too cool to actually try."
They are every strain of societal AIDS melded together into a super AIDS of cultural death...
Well into middle age, they're still obsessively analyzing adventure stories for children. They're childless, unmarried, stubbornly avoiding an actual profession, opting instead to beg for Patreon donations. They are subsisting on the patronage of even more embittered, more lonely, more cynical losers who need virtual friends to swim in their vast Petri dish of misery with them.
Look in their fucking eyes, man. It's a joyless, pointless existence they're living.
They are so afraid of sincerity or honest artistic effort that they'll leave behind hours of footage of them chuckling about Tommy Wiseau. They are artistic cowards and abject failures in every respect.
Each time you catch a glimpse of them, you're reminded that we peaked as a civilization a long time ago. We're done creating. We're done feeling real emotions. All we can do now is analyze, criticize, and ironically pick through the dessicated corpse of our once great nation.
>>
>>83407290
This desu
>>
>>83408005
You want a quote? Kek. Yeah, they're that stupid. Their attitude tells it all.

- every nerd crew episode
- space cop, space cop 2, that forgettable shitty sitcom they made -> all of these works are claimed to be ironic/sarcastic, when in reality they're a bunch of literal garbage - from every point of view

>>83408029
>is this a disguised why don't you do it better then argument
it is not disguised - i'm merely pointing out their hypocrisy JUDGING from their resume and the way they approach """"""film criticism"""""
>someone can critique a movie without having made a better movie themselves
no shit homie? laughing/mocking is not really criticism, or alteast far from being fair criticism
>>
>>83407356
Jay Bauman? Is that you?

Jay, I can't and won't make this any simpler for you.

You failed at life. You failed. When one thinks of what man is capable of, pushing himself to the limits physically, mentally and emotionally to achieve heights of success never before mentioned, your name will not be whispered in the same, reverent fashion that others have.

Nobody will remember Jay Bauman. You aren't even a header or a footer in the career of someone else. You are nobody. Nothing. Nada. Zilch.

In short, you are an enormous failure.

Jay, being that you're about 30 years old and your brain has probably hard-wired itself to accept such failures by now and write off such criticism by being "flippant", really suggests that you've passed beyond the proverbial breaking-point. There's no turning back. This is your career, this is what defines you and this is what you'll defend to the end.

The abhorrent failure that is Red Letter Media, Jay Bauman, that is your legacy.

Maybe I'm over-reaching, however. Who knows? People CAN change. Maybe you'll read this, Jay, and think long and hard about what a wasteful life you've led. Maybe you'll think, "wow. It's incredible just how abysmal and pathetic I really AM!" Maybe you'll lift some weights in the morning. Maybe you'll take a self-help class.

Maybe in a couple of years, Jay, you'll have learned from this failure. I doubt it, though.

I genuinely doubt it.
>>
>>83408127
>kaufman is autistic when it comes to film-making
tell me something new
>>
>>83408434
>laughing/mocking is not really criticism
yeah but I don't watch BOTW to hear whether a movie is worth seeing. I go into it assuming they're shit. it's rarely constructive criticism but it's not meant to be. the entertainment comes from them being FUNNY while making fun of shitty movies.
>>
File: 0f0323_1547e152.jpg (56KB, 547x408px) Image search: [Google]
0f0323_1547e152.jpg
56KB, 547x408px
It's simple.

Mike Stoklasa has become the very thing he once ridiculed. Look at the Avatar review for instance; he spends 90 minutes going on about Cameron's blatant pandering to the lowest common denominator, marveling (no pun intended) at Cameron's proficiency for manipulating the audience to make them feel how he wants them to feel, how he wants them to think.

Fast forward a couple of years later. Jurassic World is released -- its heavily established to be a soft reboot operating on the hype of faux-nostalgia and Pratt's recent Guardians of the Galaxy success.

Mike loves it. Hits all the right buttons. Really gets his inner manchild going. He basically reveres the film to Jay Bauman's utter disgust.

This is the first sign of Stoklasa's downfall, his immediate descent into the anti-thesis of Mr. Plinkett. He's become lazy, brainwashed, unwittingly indoctrinated into the modern Hollywood machine sculpted by the likes of Disney executives.

It's October 2015. Disney gets in touch with Red Letter Media. They offer him a deal he simply can't refuse; he's instructed to praise Disney's numbered Star Wars episodes while taking critical albeit nonsensical liberties with the standalone films, all the while consistently spewing a casual commitment to every Marvel film that is released. Mike and his goons are heavily compensated for this, successfully turning the likes of the internet's pseuds into DDs (Disney Dudes).

The real enemy isn't Collider, or Loot Crate boxes.

It's Mike Stoklasa.
>>
>>83408434
>inb4 what about parodies - they're laughing and mocking stuff!!!111!one
is BOTW a parody in any way?
>>
Oh, a new half in the bag episode
*removes noose from neck*

Half in the baaaaaag! Get out of my car and into my dreams!!! Oh my gaaaawd! What's wrong with your faaaace?I Hack frauds IT BROKE NEW GROWND!!! Is this replacing Susan?! Email me if you want a pizza-roll! AAAAAIIIIIIDDDSSS! IT TOOK 12 YEARS TO MAKE! Well me personally, I really liked this movie it was so dense every frame had so much going on, it's like poetry, it rhymes, it's gonna be great... What is it with Ricks? That's right Jay! FUCK MOVIES! Fuck you it's january! Fuck you it's year! Fuck you it's FOREVER!!! I FUCKING LOVE STAR WARS! Speaking of reference, have you seen movie?! part time Thaaat's right Mike! AT-ST's AT-ST's I'm gonna cum! ENDLESS TRASH! Paul Blart Mall Plart part 2, he's a funnier character than we've ever had before, if we can get him working... THESE MEN ARE PAWNS I have put a price of twenty-thousand dirham on their heads! Next they will be hailed as the true messenger of GOD! Ahhhhhh They were just a couple of song writers who came to Ishtar to break into show business. Easy boy, easy, boy, easy boy, easy boy! What the hell's the matter with him? Is he blind?!? Well yeah he is, bu-but he's in perfect condition. So how did they end up on everybody's hit list? Your life is in danger. Behave normally, we have guns pointed at your backs. No, don't put your hands up you idiot. Oh little Darlin'. My little Darlin'.Oh where, a-are you? Do it. Ayyiyiyiyiyiyiyi schmechahii buttahotsfayaaah! I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere I feel like RLM needs a new fanbase, I got fahckin' Jokes-Redundancy-Stress-Disorder ovah here! I guess I have to... FUCK THE PAIN AWAY! Mmmmmm... I like to fuck my cat... What were these guys smoking? CIGARETTES? And I thought it was a really odd note to just end the movie on 10 minutes of news photage of 9/11. You might not have noticed it, but your brain did... You read this comment. What are next? And Kevin Bacon
>>
>>83408352
It's no coincidence that the least miserable of them, Jack, is the father of two White boys and has a real job.
The rest of the crew are genetic dead ends, they must feel a deep green envy when they look at Jack's life.
>>
holy shit, y'all need to get laid
>>
File: 1494160947983.jpg (353KB, 1180x1180px) Image search: [Google]
1494160947983.jpg
353KB, 1180x1180px
LOL
>>
>>83408652
>having children is the only key to finding true happiness
I'll enjoy my money and free time, thank you.
>>
>>83408434
>You want a quote? Kek.

>You want examples of my baseless claims??

Well, yeah. That's how this works. You sound like a raving autist. How are they being ironic on re:View, Half in the Bag, or even Best of the Worst where they're just sitting there giving their legitimate thoughts?
>>
File: pepee.jpg (19KB, 403x392px) Image search: [Google]
pepee.jpg
19KB, 403x392px
Stop making fun of my friends RIGHT NOW!!!
>>
File: 1471211962079.png (245KB, 707x1195px) Image search: [Google]
1471211962079.png
245KB, 707x1195px
OH MEIN GOOOOOOTT
>>
>>83408652
>lonely permavirgin detected
Only a faggot that's never talked to a woman would think that having a wife and kids is the only way to experience happiness in life.
>>
Why does Jay only like violent gore movies?
>>
They answered this on their Twitter I think. They said most of it is crap that people have sent them throughout the years. Now they can put it to good use
>>
>>83408480
but jay is a cutie
>>
>>83409102
He's a wannabe serial killer who can only maintain an erection if he sees blood.
>>
>>83408521
where's that picture from i aint never seen it
>>
>>83409092
>>83409016
I didn't imply that.
I implied that fathering two beautiful White children is a more fulfilling existence than being a childless, ironic, cynical reviewer of kike produced Hollywood garbage.

Willing to bet both of you are under the age of 25.
>>
>>83409102
>only
But he enjoys plenty of movies that aren't gory.
>>
>>83409193
Patrons only
>>
>>83408652
what makes you think their onscreen persona is how they are in real life?
>>
>>83409207
So where on the scale of happiness does wasting your days away on /tv/ pretending to understand the psyches of minor e-celebs land?
>>
>>83409193
looks like the Ben-Hurt short
>>
>>83409193
Their Ben Hur video.
>>
>>83409207
I'm over 25 and enjoying a lack of screaming brats that drain my funds and vitality. Also I enjoyed how you avoided denying the virgin claim. It's telling.
>>
>>83409102
reminds him of his childhood
>>
>>83407290
>YMS
Adam Johnston, the dograpist, from YMS:org?
>>
>>83408521
>stealing review screw copypasta
>>
File: IMG_2686.jpg (890KB, 1180x1180px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2686.jpg
890KB, 1180x1180px
>watching rlm
>in 2017
>>
>>83410168
please continue to post this in every thread
>>
File: redlettermedia.png (522KB, 1026x431px) Image search: [Google]
redlettermedia.png
522KB, 1026x431px
>>83410168
>>
File: 1296313370337.jpg (44KB, 324x281px) Image search: [Google]
1296313370337.jpg
44KB, 324x281px
>>83407290
>>
File: 1366825182781.png (635KB, 700x680px) Image search: [Google]
1366825182781.png
635KB, 700x680px
>>83410168
>>83411667
>>83412253
Fuck off, retard.
>>
>>83407134
It's from Rich's personal collection.
>>
>>83410168
saddest thing of all is that both perspectives are correct.
collider et al. are complete sell out shills
rlm is a show for and by edgy nihilistic autistic manchildren.

the only solution is to get a life - so you'll have something better to do then to follow the swampy entertainment media. problem is that the former can be difficult and requires effort.
>>
>>83407290
Give it a break, Gilchrist.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.