[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

wait... people hated chappie!?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6

File: chappie.jpg (2MB, 3778x1716px) Image search: [Google]
chappie.jpg
2MB, 3778x1716px
wait... people hated chappie!?
>>
in theory, yes

in practice, yes again
>>
Cool robots and setting ruined by shit story. As expected of Blomkamp. District 9 was a fluke apparently.
>>
>>83403978

People constantly make noise about not liking sequels & remakes and wanting something new, but they almost always reject new things when they get them.
>>
it was awful and the die antwoord people are not good actors
>>
>>83404067
Chappie wasn't anything new aside from the visuals.
>>
>>83403978
It's a shit version of Short Circuit
>>
I liked it more than D9 tbf ham
>>
>>83404001
this is correct
>>83404067
hugh hackman's character was ridiculous.
>>
>>83403978
it's a shitty movie and i don't blame people for hating it, but i had a blast watching it. tons of fun.
>>
>>83403978
It was a mess. They were trying to tell like three different stories all at once.
>>
>>83403978
the CGI was fine but those actors who took him in they cant act for shit
>>
>>83404060
>As expected of Blomkamp

I wish colbert posters would fuck off back to /pol/eddit
>>
>>83404133

Even worse, its a shit version of Short Circuit 2.
>>
>>83404207
Their entire lives are an act. It's just a really shit act.
>>
>>83403978
I liked it, and I liked Elysium too. D9 is the best of the three though.
>>
>>83403978
Evento if Blomkamp has just one great film, many of his short films are also really good.
So I still believe in him.
>>
Everybody got their operator boners up at the starting sequence and was disappointed when nothing like that was ever shown again me included.

I really really tried to love Chappie but it just fell flat and some scenes were just fucking stupid like the end boss fight (why not bomb the whole facility from flight or better send the operator bots!). And I like Die Antwoord too.
>>
>>83404067
This was nothing but an advertisement for some south african edgelords
>>
>>83404493
And to continue: don't let Blomkamp write. Just let the man direct with orders to stay away from flashcuts: kino.
>>
>>83404211
underrated
>>
>>83404493
>>83404563
Blomkamp is a great idea man but terrible with following through with communicating / translating those ideas into a watchable film. He needs to find a partner to collaborate with before he falls into obscurity and goes insane due to his unfulfilled dreams.
>>
Neil Blomkamp is the dogshit version of ridley scott
>>
D9 was the freshest alien movie i had seen in a very long time

everything else has been utter shit from blomkamp
>>
I have chappie but afraid to watch it because everyone said it sucks
>>
Good: Sharlto Copely
Shit: Everything else

Starting to think Blomkoff got lucky with District 9.
>>
>>83404701
It's good. Don't listen to these retards
>>
>>83404313
He's coming out with a whole lot of short films that he's uploading to youtube for free.
Overall, he's not that great of a director but as a special effects guy, he's fucking phenomenal.
>>
>>83404701
There's some cheesy acting and Jackman's character is offensively bad, but overall it's decent.

What I didn't understand were the documentary interview snippets at the beginning. It sort of made sense in D9 because they did the before & after but in Chappie it's like 5 seconds at the beginning and never used again.
>>
It probably was the most morally troubling films I watched the year it came out. Referring to the end, there's something so incredibly chilling about the whole copying consciousness over to a robotic body that will only last for three days. The strange obsession that chappie has with that process kind of made me not fuck with him, since "copying" consciousness and "transferring" consciousness would theoretically become two radically different things. Mr. Slumdog millionaire still dies in the end.

Makes you realize that if Chappie was a brooding villain, this movie could've morphed into a horror about the singularity.

For that alone it's a tad worth watching I guess. Fucked with me for a day or two.
>>
It had great potential but was unfortunately directed by the worlds biggest one hit wonder, neil meinkampf

>die antwoord
>huge jackedman went from normal person to retarded psychopath in 1 scene
>robotics company employee creates worlds first AI, his boss tells him to gtfo and doesnt even consider it
>die antwoord
>pathetic dialogue
>main pajeet character suffers from chronic plot-induced-stupidity syndrome

I cant specifically remember anything else. I think the main villain was a complete retard too and only did things which furthered the plot. shartlo coprophagia and the great visuals were the only redeeming factors.

He should have just done district 9 2 so we could be dissappointed with a shit film but have a followup to district 9 1
>>
>>83404563
He said he doesn't even like directing. He should just stick to VFX desu.
>>
>>83404894
Me and my brother watched this together and came to the same conclusion. Abomination was the word we settled on.
>>
File: 56744674766.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
56744674766.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>83403978
Thas my girl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcXNPI-IPPM
>>
>>83404100
>the die antwoord people are not actors

fixed.
>>
>>83404967
Yes. Abomination. Like that chemically explosive guy from the first Robocop that gets ran over. That shit gave me nausea for awhile. This movie kind of does the same, just from a different angle.
>>
Heist is a crimes
>>
>>83403978
I didn't hate it but it wasn't all that good either.
>>
>>83404067
Stop associating with retards
>>
File: Johnny 5.jpg (45KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Johnny 5.jpg
45KB, 800x450px
>>83404133
>>83404253
Fuck, I miss Short Circuit. And Steve Gutenberg. Mostly Short Circuit though.
>>
Bloomkampf is a great visualist, but cant do story for shit.
The guy needs better people at writting.
>>
>>83403978
I liked Chappie. I think it was "smaller" than Elysium but that sort of added to the premise of it being about a shithole full of low-rent people. Yolandi really was perfect for the "mother" role. I thought NINJA sucked but that was just me. Hugh Jackman was a GREAT villain. Visuals were pretty inspired at times, the original soundtrack was mediocre (but the DIe Antwoord songs fit perfectly, go figure). The story also became incredibly rushed in the final fifteen minutes.

Overall a 6/10 for me.
>>
>>83405123
>die antwoord are neither actors nor people
ftfy
>>
>>83405024
>fork in right hand and knife in left

Fucking trash.
>>
Isn't this some indian shitter movie? When I want scifi, I want scifi. Not a retarded accent and a bunch of people shitting by the tracks.
>>
Any human that values another species or lifeform over another human deserves gene death. Movie also had some white trash actors.
>>
>>83404666
ridley scott is the dogshit version of ridley scott, satan
>>
>>83406020
Can't tell if ironic or believes India is in Africa.
>>
>>83406564
>Africa
>not full of Indians
Someone missed the British colonialism meme.
>>
>>83406666

Read Gandhi's comments about South African blacks?
>>
>>83406750
I've read that, but that's not where I learned about it.
Seriously, look up stuff about Indians in Africa or Guyana.
>>
>>83406821
I know. They were everywhere. They are now even barred from owning property on Fiji for being such leeches.
>>
>>83403978

As someone who was fan of Die Antwoord going in, and fully expected it to turn into Die Antwoord: The Movie, I enjoyed it.

That being said, I can 100% understand why someone who either didn't expect that or doesn't know/like Die Antwoord to HATE it.
>>
>>83407011
>As someone who blah blah blah
This poster is a redditor and browses Reddit. Know how to spot them.
>>
>>83403978
Chappie was fun and good and I liked it.
>>
>>83403978

I hated the humans in Chappie, not Chappie itself, or the story necessarily, just the forced MUH religion garbage.
>>
File: pky3ozhwbpsp58htdgpc.png (114KB, 636x354px) Image search: [Google]
pky3ozhwbpsp58htdgpc.png
114KB, 636x354px
>>83404646
Isn't he effectively 'owned' by Sony and beholden to whatever commercial venture they're trying to push?

Pic related was leaked in the Sony hack.

Not really surprised that his work has taken a nose-dive with this kind of committee creativity.
>>
File: 1453214179987.jpg (70KB, 615x406px) Image search: [Google]
1453214179987.jpg
70KB, 615x406px
>>83407104

You're the one who should fuck off to Reddit, you autistic faggot. Maybe then you'll actually learn how to spot them.
>>
>>83407301
t. Butthurt exposed redditor
>>
>>83407375

Come say that to my face nigger, so I can expose my 9 inch cock to your virgin asshole.
>>
>>83407408
Post your address fucker lets go right now
>>
>>83407423

1250 S Washington St North Attleboro MA 02760
>>
>>83403978
It was literally an obnoxious version of Short Circuit.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170531-110100.png (365KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170531-110100.png
365KB, 1080x1920px
>>83407507
I'll see you tomorrow you fucking bitch
>>
>>83408010

I'll be lubed up and waiting, you fucking phoneposter.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.