[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Westworld

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 10

File: Westworld-Ed-Harris.png (261KB, 640x445px) Image search: [Google]
Westworld-Ed-Harris.png
261KB, 640x445px
Can we get a Westworld thread going? Missed the shit when it was on, but marathoning it now and it's fucking amazing.

Maybe I can't see the forest for the trees, but I'd put this in my top 10 series' and I still have the last two episodes to go.

Anyone want to talk about this show? What's the general consensus here? I know I'm asking a board that worships superhero movies and Youtubers while calling Scorsese a hack, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Anyway, Westworld thread. What's the deal for season 2 anyway? Comes out after GoT S7?
>>
File: 14965265498.jpg (111KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
14965265498.jpg
111KB, 1252x1252px
some faggot decided westworld was reddit and now we can't have discussion about the best sci-fi show currently running. meanwhile shit-tier shows like Arrow, Doctor Who, The Expanse, and iZombie get their own generals. fuck you contrarian niggers, I love this show.
>>
>>83397847
>best sci-fi show

Stopped reading there, return to your subreddit you low iq pleb.
>>
>>83397847
This. Doctor Who is for Facebook moms and "lol I'm such a nerd xDDd" faggots.
>>
I liked it, though I found the nigress storyline a bit weird. The employees could have easily stopped her but they just stood there with their mouths open doing nothing.
>>
>>83397723
>Maybe I can't see the forest for the trees, but I'd put this in my top 10
What the fuck do you mean by this
>>
File: teddy.jpg (39KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
teddy.jpg
39KB, 450x450px
I feel bad for Teddy
>>
>>83397723
How do you feel about the shrink ray?
>>
>>83397847
Calm down, there were tons of threads when it was airing. The next season won't even be out until 2018, and the first season wrapped up it's plot point pretty well. There isn't much to discuss other then pointless speculation. Next time try not to be so late to the party.
>>
>>83397962
Teddy is the only good guy in the whole show. Nobody else has genuinely good and honest motives.

Armistice still best girl tho. Deloris a shit.
>>
>>83397941
He's an older generation Host obviously. They tend to use vague phrases like that.
>>
>>83397921
Yeah, same. I kind of just tuned out whenever it was a Maeve scene because it was written so weakly compared to the rest of the show. She's not even strong compared to a regular human, there's no way those two dumbasses couldn't have taken her if they really wanted to. At least she got BTFO by based Ford in the end.
>>
>>83398045
>he doesn't wait until the first season is over to marathon it all in a few days to decide if its good or not and wait less than all the hyperactive pleb-base
your reddit is showing, anon
>>
One of the best pilots of recent memory, but it never relaly got to where I would've liked it to have. A little too much uninteresting meandering especially with the two storylines that end up being one and without a final product or memorable storyline to make it all worthwhile. The maze shit was promising but got more lame at every step and ultimately fell flat on it's face, the beta main guy and his dude friend were cool, but I thought their evolution was a little force and sudden, the Hopkins line was interesting but overall nothing really stuck with me about it, and then the board of directors shit was totally pointless and only served to add a ticking clock element. Finally though, Maeve story was so bad it's hard to see how it got into the final product. Not only did it lack believability, there was almost nothing to make us care about her.
>>
>>83398185
fucking kill yourself faggot
>>
>>83397941
>Can't see the forest for the trees
>An expression used of someone who is too involved in the details of a problem to look at the situation as a whole: “The congressman became so involved in the wording of his bill that he couldn't see the forest for the trees; he did not realize that the bill could never pass.”
>>
>>83398212
Perhaps he's wondering what it means, in the context of this thread.
>>
File: Shrinkworld.png (972KB, 1409x793px) Image search: [Google]
Shrinkworld.png
972KB, 1409x793px
>>83397994
\w/ was fun.
>>
>>83397921
I was thinking it might have all been part of some overly contrived story by Hopkins character. But nope, just a terrible plot device to give the black female more screen time.
>>
>>83398268
Sometimes it's hard to judge a book/movie/show until you've finished it.
>>
>>83397994
As dumb as the theory was, a part of me wanted it to be true.
>>
>>83398302
It will be the pleb filter around here if this show ever gets big, if "fans" don't know about dhrink ray, they weren't there from the start
>>
>>83398187
>there was almost nothing to make us care about her.
You aren't the demo they were targeting with that character/storyline.
>>
>>83398362
Not him, but regardless of the demo, it was still the worst plot and worst writing of the show.
>>
>>83397921
>>83398166
>>83398311
>complaining about a plethora of nude Thandie Newton
>>
>>83397723
>What's the deal for season 2 anyway?
Michael Emerson gets cast as a guy hired to put down the Host Rebellion
Turns out he is an host himself planted by Ford
He then leads the robots against the people
He then enters in conflict about who is in the right and choses the people
>>
>>83398517
Meh, it get's boring after a couple scenes.
>>
>>83398560
>Michael Emerson
Seriously? That's dissapointing; he will forever be that guy that appeared when Lost was turning into shit. I can only assume bad things.
>>
>>83398615
>he will forever be that guy that appeared when Lost was turning into shit
>likes Westworld

To misquote a character from Lost:

"You have to go back!"
>>
>>83398615
that's not true, here just read this

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/westworld/259106/westworld-season-2-cast-release-date-info-story-details-and-more
>>
>>83398677
>suggestions that Hector and Armistice are still alive
Thats all I needed to know.
>>
if guests cannot die ( in normal conditions ) in the park, was MIB ever in danger of remaining hanged when he was tied to the horse?
>>
>>83398645
It was relatively good. Most new tv is beyond terrible, and this was at least watchable. And yes, Emerson sucks dog shit. He ruined Lost.
>>
>>83398560
>google "Michael Emerson WestWorld"
>articles about Reddit wanting to cast him and Amy Acker
>Amy fucking Acker
RRREEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>83398776
They weren't normal hosts.
>>
>>83398802
What about my man Adam Baldwin? Is there a spot for him!?
>>
>>83398789
>Emerson sucks dog shit. He ruined Lost.
I don't know what to say, man

I think even Reddit isn't as much as a Pleb as you

I mean, there are things Plebs can still recognize as good.

I mean, you absolutely adore a series that uses nudity, the word fuck just for its edgy value, pretense philosophy, wants you to have pity of sex dolls and is ruining great actors' career, but you don't like Michael Emerson!?

I mean, please be baiting, my man. You are not even a pleb. You are an untouchable. I don't want anyone to cross shadows with you.

Go take a walk and hope to get run over by a truck or something. Seriously, mate.
>>
>>83398903
I don't say this often, but this has to be reddit.
>>
>>83398826

but the park was still monitoring him. Unless he simply wanted to get out of it by himself for the sake of roleplay
>>
>>83399090
Logan died so it was entirely possible for people to die in the park.
>>
>>83399129
My interpretation was that he lived -
but was driven insane by sun exposure / treated as insane by everyone on the outside after the whole emerging from the park naked on the back of a horse thing
>>
Dropped it after two episodes after I realized it's nothing but GOT audience cash grab.
>>
>>83397994
>final episode
>Maeve escapes
>opens the doors
>everything is blurry, light getting in her eyes
>overhear Ford talking, his voice is almost booming
>"And now, before the scenario concludes, there's just one...bug, to take care of"
>a shadow looms over Maeve
>she looks up
>it's Ford's shoe
>screen goes black as we hear a thud
>roll credits
>>
>>83397723
I watched the first two episodes or three however they're counted (first one was a double, right?) and I just can't get into it. All my friends who love it are the type to have never seen science fiction and all these concepts are new to them. To me it felt exactly like that too, babbys first AI show.

Am I being overly negative and harsh and should I force myself to continue or is it really a show that only appeals to those who haven't already seen countless mocies and books about AI gaining consciousness? Because it felt basic and shallow as fuck.
>>
>>83397723
Westworld is painfully average tbqhwy my man.
>>
>>83399211
this too
>>
File: bertstare.jpg (6KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
bertstare.jpg
6KB, 184x184px
>>83399129
no he didn't anon.
>>
>>83397921
Those two other guys were also robots. There's a face manequin of the asian dude in Ford's office.
The whole point of Ford is that sentience is a process made through pain.
>>
>>83399129

But they never show him dead or imply that he is. If so William would have been considered a murderer and most certanly could not marry Logan's sister or simply get away with it
>>
>>83397723
anyone know if they're gonna release it on Blu-ray anytime soon? Hope they don't bitch out and wait for S2 for a UHD release.
>>
>>83399183
I can't believe that, the way they talked about it in the show makes it sound like he died for sure.
>>
>>83398615
Michael Emerson was one of the best things about Lost. The fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>83399286
>>83399324
>They never imply that he did

It's alluded to multiple times when MIB tells stories about his wife never truly forgave him, and how for all the philanthropy and good MIB did on the outside of the park, it was never enough to make up for that once instance where he sent logan to his death.
>>
>>83398332
>>83398268
>>83398212
>>83398135
>>83397941

I'm glad one of you gets it. Seems pretty cut and dried to me, but like the other anon stated
>He's an older generation Host

I remember watching Babadook, and as a horror fan, thinking that this just might go down in the pantheon of the best horror movies ever made. The dearth of quality horror films undoubtedly led to this assumption.

Conversely, I can recall watching Boardwalk Empire and being wildly entertained, but never really considering it worthy of being in the same conversation as The Sopranos, The Wire, etc.

Now that "the dust has settled", I can see that Babadook, while a great horror movie, wasn't one of the greatest. Conversely, Boardwalk Empire may have been cut from the same cloth as the rest of the high quality television that was so prevalent 5-10 years ago, but the writing, acting, set pieces, etc. will be looked at scores from now as how a period drama should look. The historical accuracy is also speaks to a higher level of production; watch the Dean O'Banion hit in the show and then read the actual account of the murder.

In short, Babadook seemed 10/10 when I saw it, and BE seemed 8/10. Given some time to assess everything, it's actually the opposite. Sometimes it's hard to see the entire forest because of the massive trees in front of you that command your immediate attention.

Got it now? WW might 'only' be somewhere around OZ, X-Files, somewhere between 21-30th best (still very good), but right now, it's going to have to fuck up hard on ep. 10 not to crack the top 8 at least.

Be back in 1hr 39 min
>>
for its high production value and great cast, it feels pretty muted and predictable (for the most part) to me, anyone else ?

not shitting on it, it's alright, it just never gripped me, it feels like there is no threat or tension even when that starts to change, i don't FEEL it.

made by a panel of executives comes to mind...
>>
>>83399422
People figured out the twist after the first episode, so yeah.
>>
One of the very worst mainstream shows ever created. Horrific cast, horrific acting, horrific pacing, horrific storytelling, just an awful product all around.
>>
>>83398845
Isn't he still on Last Ship?
>>
>>83399515
Wrong
>>
>>83399090
The park management does what he tells them.
>>
>>83399515
You can say that about literally any show ever.
>>
@83399515
Pretty sure you post that in every thread no matter the subject. No (you) for you, redditfugee. Go back where you came from.
>>
File: 1488398673204615.png (830KB, 922x1070px) Image search: [Google]
1488398673204615.png
830KB, 922x1070px
She'll be okay, r-right guys?
>>
>>83399456
Okay you fucking nigger. You literally can't figure out the twist without the characters in episode 2 being introduced.
>>
>>83399566
Well, I do watch less and less TV each day for years now, the only shit I find interesting is BCS, in my opinion Boardwalk Empire was the last hope and they botched it. Vynil was abomination but somehow slightly better than Plebsworld.
>>
>>83397723
I thought it was pretty gimmicky M. Night tier of trickery to throw in the twist with the fucked up timeline to make the stories converge.
>>
>>83397847
>The Expanse
>shit-tier
kys
>>
>>83397847
>Izombie general
Fucking when
>>
>>83399593
Ok well either way, by the end of episode two, people had notice that the label on the can that Delores drops was different when Will/MIB met her. People were calling it from that point. So yeah if the twist is figured out by episode 2, it's fairly predictable.
>>
Second season shouldn't have been a thing, who knows how it will turn out but I thought S1 ended fine. Continuing will not really lead to anything.
>>83399605
and people called it very early on
>>
>>83397994
Shrink rays are great, whenever you mention them 1:1fags lose their shit, I hope S2 will have some more memes like it
>>
>>83399580
She fucking better be or I'm dropping this shit show
>>
>>83397723
predictable and nonsensical but an ok ride
>>
>>83399406
his wife would never know
>>
>>83399664
Honestly my daughter won't shut up trying to get me to watch that show. Is it worth a shit?

Not trying to derail. I'm OP. Just cooking a Tombstone before the last ww episode and wondering if the shit's any good. iZombie this and iZombie that. Is it actually worth a fuck, anons? I got my kid into horror a long time ago, and she swears by this iZombie shit.

She's 18 btw, so it's obviously not a kid show. Any good?
>>
>>83399921
I think she worked it out over time.

Her brother dies/ends up fucked up, and at the same time her fiancee turns from meek little beta to stone cold nigger killer.
>>
>>83399921
His wife was Logans brother. They went to Westworld together, only on of them came back. They never touched on it, but I assume they eventually found Logans dead body, bound and naked. No proof that William did it, but I'm sure some eyebrows were raised.

I just fail to see how people can say Logan is still alive, given the way everything went down with William and the way MIB talks about it.

Gonna wait around for op to see what he thinks actually.
>>
brace yourself for reddit skynet
>>
File: 1490439532040.jpg (88KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1490439532040.jpg
88KB, 1600x1600px
>>83399419
I had the same reaction to Babadook, now I'm wondering if other people also felt like it was a 10/10 horror movie.

On my first view I was scared and stressed out, then a few months later I told my friend what a great horror movie Babadook was and when I watched it again with her and it felt like a boring movie.
>>
>>83399888
Predictable how? You knew William was Ed Harris?

Calling bullshit
>>
File: meme.jpg (9KB, 198x254px) Image search: [Google]
meme.jpg
9KB, 198x254px
>>83399999
>>83399999
digits confirm, logan is dead!!
>>
>>83399973
It's trash. But watchable.
>>
>>83399319
But strong black wymen specifically said the asian guy wasn't a robot
>>
>>83399406
>MIB
B is Bernard, what's MI. Not some giant code so just tell me
>>
>>83400008
>His wife was Logans brother.
Actually keked out loud.
>>
>>83400099
whatever, i just smoked a a joint
>>83400063
MIB= Man In Black, old William, Ed Harris
>>
>>83400021
>Calling bullshit
That would be a terribly uninteresting telephone conversation, you know, for the shit.
>>
>>83400038
>can literally program Sex Doll to make passionate love to him and tell him he has a dong bigger than John Holmes'
>chooses to let her slaughter fellow employees with hopes of a quick BJ

What the fuck is this shit?
>>
>>83400021
It was one of the most talked about theories anon. There were so many hints, it would have been a bigger twist not to make William the main black.
>>
>>83400190
nevermind the fact he could have shut her down at anytime
>>
>>83400190
His actions make sense when you realize it was all down to bad casting.

The casting call was for a person with overt mongoloid features. Someone who looks like a mild case of Down's syndrome.

Thats why the guy that was bully by snek kept treating him like a babby telling him he can't ever into code and shit.
>>
>>83400310
>The casting call was for a person with overt mongoloid features. Someone who looks like a mild case of Down's syndrome.
>high tech company that deals with robots that are actually hard to kill and can be rebuilt easily and would probably attack the humans at the park if they knew they were robots hiees a guy with emotional problems and mild case of Down's Syndrome to deal with those robots

I will only forgive the sjow if he is a host planted by Ford
>>
>>83400374
I'm sure next season will feature a number of OMG he was a ost all along moments, but they better not overdo it.
>>
And yet this thread is more interesting than the show.
>>
>>83400374
>>83400468
I still reckon most of the staff are hosts, aside from the control room staff, the higher up behaviour programmers, and the security teams
>>
>Anyone want to talk about this show? What's the general consensus here? I know I'm asking a board that worships superhero movies and Youtubers while calling Scorsese a hack, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Wow OP ease up, not everyone can be as clever as you and watch ultra-patrician shows like Westworld.

As for the actual show, I think it's pretty bad. They went the most predictable route with the robots developing feelings thing, and the love story thing. Didn't offer anything new. Harris and Hopkins the only sorta interesting characters and only good actors.

This should have just been an 8 episode zombie survival type mini-series more closely related to the events in the movie.
>>
>>83399358
no, that wasn't him who died
>>
How do they finance the operation of the world's most ambitious amusement park when they only charge 40k a day per guest?
>>
>>83397723
Everyone hates it except for shrink ray memes. Honestly I liked it aside from thandie's storyline. I think it's unfairly grouped with things like walking dead and got here
>>
>>83400980
200 people there at a time=8 million a day. Maybe there are more people there. It's possible given future technology
>>
File: tumblr_ohpelw3mNC1qb4600o1_500.png (104KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ohpelw3mNC1qb4600o1_500.png
104KB, 500x281px
Well, have you?
>>
>>83400247
no he couldnt. maive was apart of fords plan. she was his distraction.
>>83400980
>only
>>
>>83400980
By staffing the park mostly with robots, there are probably only about 20-30 real humans there at any one time
>>
>>83401766
*working there at any one time
>>
>>83400896
The robots never developed feelings dummy. Pay attention.
>>
>>83400980
It would make sense to lease robots to the public once they have the technology developed.
>>
>>83398615

> Not loving Person of Interest.

just kys
>>
File: you.png (124KB, 391x225px) Image search: [Google]
you.png
124KB, 391x225px
absolutely this >>83398903

literally >>83398615
>>
>>83400980

When they talk about visitors in the park, they reference something around 2k IIRC. Of course, the visitors being in the park are probably not their only source of income, with there being the "Mesa Bar" part of the park, sort of like a hotel and modern resort.

And I'm sure souvenir sales are good too.
>>
>>83399888
How can it be predictable AND nonsensical? Are you autistic?
>>
shrink rays
Thread posts: 111
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.