[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/trek/ Barclay edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 8

File: hollowpursuits028.jpg (84KB, 694x530px) Image search: [Google]
hollowpursuits028.jpg
84KB, 694x530px
/trek/

Barclay edition
>>
>>83389466
how did he ever end up on the starfleet flagship?
>>
Was he autistic?
>>
>>83389522
Barclay is not for bully
>>
Goes from the A-Team to the A-ship. Makes sense.

Would love to see his holodeck playlist
>>
>>83389522
wacky antics clause of the prime directive.
>>
>>83389466
I don't like the character of Star Trek's Barclay.
>>
>>83389723
There is no dislikeable qualities about Barclay.
>>
>yfw miles and worf were still talking shit about him years later on ds9
I almost felt bad for the poor autist
>>
>>83389522
By all accounts he is a pretty competent diagnostic engineer. He's just extremely socially inept / anxious. I imagine you can't 'fail' starfleet training just by being reclusive.
>>
I have never seen any star trek-related media at all before and I had just watched 2 episodes from the first season last night, it was pretty good.

what am I in for
>>
>>83389840
>losers stuck on Deep Shit Nine
>making fun of a guy with an important job on Earth who outranks both of them

especially Miles shouldn't make fun of anyone
>>
>>83390753
Which first season?
>>
>>83390811
>Barclay outranking Worf
Are you high or drunk or something?
>>
>>83390831
the original I think, definitely not the next generation
>>
>>83390873
what was Worf's rank? being an ambassador is the laughing stock of the Federation, literally no one takes them seriously ever
>>
>>83390702
How did he pass the academy entrance tests? Wesley gets unexpectedly bullied as a test and then also has to do a psych test where he faces his deepest fear. I can't see Broccoli doing anything but curling up in a ball and/or stammering uselessly in those situations
>>
>>83391007
>>83390873
Worf must have got promoted to Lt. Commander on ds9 at some point. Barclay was still just a Lt.
>>
>>83391070
maybe it was different when Barcley was in the academy
>>
>>83391070
Wesley wanted to be a command/bridge officer though right? Would they grill engineers like that?
>>
>>83390896
You're in for:
Bright colors. Closeups where everything but the eyes are covered in shadow. "Night" scenes which are filmed in the daytime with a filter over the camera. Overdramatic music. Overdramatic acting. Revealing costumes. Planets that are identical to Earth. Cheap effects. Smoke machines. Shaking cameras. God bless America. Alcohol. Human-Vulcan racism. Ripped shirts.

I love it.

Hope you have a good time.

>>83391007
>>83391158
Worf is a Lieutenant Commander as of Generations.
>>
>>83391219
>>83391070
Wesley wanted command or bridge shit, i imagine engineer surprise testing is shit breaking around you which broccoli probably handed pretty well.

Maybe his anxiety came on after starfleet training, can't imagine running into space anomalies every other week doesn't fray the nerves.
>>
>>83391263
I've watched all series of Trek except TOS. I really don't want to because I feel it would ruin trek for me with its shitty writing and TNG forward retconning stuff. Don't get me wrong, the other series' had their stinkers but nothing quite as retarded as shit like Bread and Circuses. Redpill me on TOS.
>>
>>83391507
Just start with the pilots ("The Cage", "Where No Man Has Gone Before" and "The Corbomite Maneuver"). If you like it, keep going. If you don't like it then stop. No big deal.
>>
>>83389522
basically picard got sold that he was a genius by someone trying to get him off their ship.
>>
>>83389466
>Computer, simulate the island from the television series "Lost" and recreate all characters from the series according to personality scans
>include me as an extra character
>have the simulation follow the general course of events in accordance with the TV series, but allow my choices to make significant changes
>also put a 50 ft tall Alexandra Daddario on the island that nobody else can see
>>
>>83391597
it's better to avoid the cage otherwise the menagerie becomes the most boring episode ever
>>
>>83389466
the best character really
>>
>>83394930
The original creator Gene Roddenberry was an all American hero.

It all turned to shit when Rick Jewman took over.
>>
File: z5mrtgdvch0z.jpg (61KB, 719x544px) Image search: [Google]
z5mrtgdvch0z.jpg
61KB, 719x544px
Off to space church
>>
>>83395097
>It all turned to shit when Rick Jewman took over.

Roddenberry was the worst thing about TOS and both the movies and TNG only got good after he was kicked out.
>>
>>83389522

Remember that time when you were young and full of life and everyone expected you to become a competent and succesful adult?
>>
>>83395206

>TNG only got good after he was kicked out.

You mean after he died.
>>
>>83395467
No, TNG got good in season 3.

He was kicked out in season 3, he died in season 5.

Your posting privileges are hereby revoked.
>>
File: farpointhd_4.jpg (114KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
farpointhd_4.jpg
114KB, 960x720px
>>83395568
Wrong.
When your taste becomes more refined, you'll begin to understand the genius of the first two seasons. It's honestly some of the best sci-fi that has ever aired on television.
>>
>>83395717
t. Leonard Maizlish
>>
>>83395717
I agree. I actually enjoyed the first two seasons more so than the later ones.
It also has one of my favorite episodes. Pic related.

Many people online seem to shit on the first season.
What fans don't seem to address is that the final season of TNG is poison.
>>
>>83389466
>>83389522
dont they have xanax on board? shit they couldve had a non addictive substitute that you can abuse the fuck out of and people would understand because you dont get laid and shit.

people probably wonder why im such a anxious socially inept fuck at times and its because i cant get pussy anywhere and it piles on being anxious.
>>
>>83396446
hes mostly anxious because he spent all day playing 24th century visual novels instead of doing his homework.

also >implying he wasnt right about the killporter and fuck voyager.
>>
>>83389756
>Refuses to use a transporter ever
>Gets peer pressured into his
>His arm starts glowing
>Tells nobody
His behaviour was occasionally baffling, seeing as everyone already thought he was crazy there was nothing to risk and everything to lose.
>>
>>83389522
Because he's good at what he does.
>>
>>83395206
>Roddenberry was the worst thing about TOS
>>
File: Perfectly Safe.jpg (22KB, 650x274px) Image search: [Google]
Perfectly Safe.jpg
22KB, 650x274px
What would it feel like?
>>
File: CIBarclay.png (217KB, 289x440px) Image search: [Google]
CIBarclay.png
217KB, 289x440px
>It's a "Barclay's in charge here" episode
>>
>>83395097
This is a meme. Berman had some stupid ideas like loving the Reset Button and disliking good soundtracks, but overall his era of Trek was more consistently good than the Gene era.

>>83396974
Reading the constitution at aliens to win is only slightly better than playing the Beastie Boys at them
>>
>>83397045
>this is fine
>I am okay with the transporter currently transporting
Can we have a "does the transporter kill you?" argument?
>>
>>83397083
>Can we have a "does the transporter kill you?" argument?
In real life: Yes.
In the Star Trek fictional universe: No.
>>
>>83397045
Like dying.
>>
>>83397110
>In the Star Trek fictional universe: No.
The correct answer is "technically yes, but in practice it doesn't matter and we don't talk about it".
>>
>>83397316
The correct answer is: No.
>>
>>83396312
I agree, the Royale is GOAT
>>
>>83397341
If the transporter didn't kill you then you wouldn't die when it malfunctioned.
>>
>>83391263
thanks, so far the first 2 episodes has been really promising.

like star trek I didn't touched star wars until very recently and after finishing it people really overhyped those movies way too much. If the writing quality remains consistent I can see this being one of my favorite TV shows.
>>
>>83396835
The transporter kills you every time you use it. Only Barclay fully comprehended this which is why he had no regard for the "crew" of the Enterprise and once he was transported he feared he could be jettisoned from the ship because he is no longer engineer Reginald Barclay who signed onto Starfleet.
>>
>>83397341
The transporter literally destroys you and scatters your atoms across the universe, reforming them at the specified location
>>
>>83397643
And in Star Trek, that doesn't kill you. You even stay conscious for the entire journey.
>>
>>83397341
Then why did numerous leading experts from Starfleet Medical like Admiral McCoy and Commander Pulaski try to use them as little as possible?
>>
>>83391507
Mate honestly, tos is so charming I used it to get my best mate and then my girlfriend into star trek- everyone gets a favourite crew member and its so warm and aspirational
>>
>>83397769
Surely using them once is enough? Your point is incompatible with the specific fear of it killing you
>>
>>83397769
Same reason people fear using airplanes.

You worry about the unsuccessful trips, not the successful trips.
>>
>>83397841
Pulaski never used one until she was forced to chose between the transporter and death, she was already dead by then so dying more wouldn't matter.

>>83397868
>they was escawed
Didn't appear so
>>
>>83397913
McCoy used one all the time. Sorry that it doesn't match up with your headcanon.
>>
>>83397986
>I've never watched TNG
Why?
>>
>>83398089
Now you're just getting nonsensical.
>>
>>83398113
You clearly haven't watched TNG because you don't know what my post was alluding to, that's why you accused me of posting headcanon instead of saying "Yeah, I remember that scene, what changed his mind?"

No more replies for (You) until you go watch TNG.
>>
>>83398150
Faggot
>>
File: bees.png (147KB, 677x380px) Image search: [Google]
bees.png
147KB, 677x380px
Too cool
>>
>>83398150
I've watched them all.

McCoy used the transporter in TOS.

According to your logic, he was already dead in TNG.
>>
>>83391263
He's obviously talking about enterprise, not tos
>>
Introduction episode where he has fantasies of the senior officers on the holodeck

Episode where he becomes super smart and fuses with the ship

Episode where he scared of the teleporter and sees weird creatures in it and his arm glows

Episode where he helps get rid of moriarty's second appearance

Am I missing any?
>>
>>83393623
retard
>>
>>83398161
>>83398612
Stop.
>>
>>83398632
go fuck yourself
>>
File: barclay spider.jpg (30KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
barclay spider.jpg
30KB, 720x480px
>>83398505
sounds about right. wiki lists them all i guess.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reginald_Barclay
how many crew members did he probably eat?
>>
>classic trekthreads are endless rehashes of the same boring shit
>STD trekthreads are /pol/ vs /leftypol/
I can't wait until /orville/
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.