[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Americans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 190
Thread images: 9

File: The Americans.jpg (42KB, 565x318px) Image search: [Google]
The Americans.jpg
42KB, 565x318px
Season Finale Edition

Tuesday is here and hopefully, we all had a good Memorial Day, full of the Champagne of Beers, Miller Life! In about 15 minutes give or take, we're at the Season Finale of The Americans, which came pretty fast, it seems like. Tonight's episode is titled "The Soviet Division":

>Philip and Elizabeth race against the clock as a life hangs in the balance; Stan faces an uncertain future.

Should be pretty interesting, let's hope that this has a strong enough punch before we enter the final stretch next year. In the meantime, you can enjoy The Avengers for the umpteenth time.
>>
>did Martha dirty
>did Nina dirty
>did Gaad dirty
>did William dirty

can ANYONE get a happy ending?
>>
>>83387872
Probably Henry. But not likely.
>>
predictions for finale?
>>
>>83387814
Does anyone still watch this fucking show?

I watched Seasons 1-4 but don't really feel like watching Season 5. What have I been missing? Muh pastor tim?
>>
>>83387934
Pasha dies
Philip's son Mischa decides "lol fuck it" and makes the choice to go to America
>>
TUAN IS GOING ALL OUT
>>
>>83388001
Tuan really is a great televised portrayal of how communist asians are pretty fucking ruthless (read: soulless)
>>
This season felt like a giant setup for next season. No tension that season 4 had.
>>
>>83387872

Tatiana, most likely.

>>83387934

My cynical predicition is that after all of this time, the FBI are no closer to finding out who they are than before.

Given the sleight of hand they seem to be doing with the previews, Pasha lives (most likely).

>>83387972

Well, so far:

>Oleg is working back home in Russia and his mom had a hard life and he's seeing that Russia is a bureaucratic mess
>Martha is slowly learning Russian
>Henry is actually pretty smart with math
>Gabriel goes back to Russia
>Pastor Tim is headed to Buenos Aires with his wife and daughter
>Paige is still Paige
>Philip and Elizabeth get legit married and are burned out from the job now after killing a very remorseful Nazi woman and her husband in their house
>Stan didn't actually bring too many bottles of Miller Life this season
>Finally, Russia is lying to them about the nature of their missions/intel is starting to become crappy

That's the gist of this season, but I'm sure there's more that I might've missed.
>>
The Viet Cong did nothing wrong
>>
>>83388193
Wow, thanks dude. Appreciate it.
>>
>>83387814
>as a life hangs in the balance
Who gives a fuck about Pasha. He's a side-plot.

This season was pure filler.
>>
File: 20170405_025635.jpg (341KB, 854x630px) Image search: [Google]
20170405_025635.jpg
341KB, 854x630px
First for Faza
>>
Miller.jpg
>>
DON'T KILL PASHA HE DID NOTHING WRONG
>>
HOLY SHI--
>>
High life?
>>
Is this the worst season of television EVER?
>>
Who the fuck are those guys?
>>
>>83388468
CIA or whatever
>>
>>83388468
FBI Security detail
>>
File: sadeli.jpg (214KB, 1831x1521px) Image search: [Google]
sadeli.jpg
214KB, 1831x1521px
I can't believe this season is over bros
>>
>>83388453
New season of Better Call Saul is on the same level of NOTHING HAPPENS
>>
>>83388453

It's almost vibes of Season 1 here, but maybe this will make up for it.
>>
>>83388625
true but I expect that from BCS since Season uno I guess
>>
Philip is absolutely fucked. If this season doesn't end with Phil and Elizabeth going on the run, I will be pissed. There's no way they're getting out of this clean.
>>
>>83388625
t. pleb
>>
I wanna see one more neck snap before the season ends....
>>
>>83388712
Hopefully Paige.
>>
>>83388711
Cmon im a fan but, BCS since Chuck got cucked has been awful
>>
Obligatory Miller Life scene soon?!
>>
Didn't like that much this season.
>>
is next season the last one?
>>
>>83389033

Yes. Supposed to be 10 episodes or so.
>>
>>83389033
Yes and it's only 10 episodes so HOPEFULLY unlike this season we get some sense of urgency plot wise.
>>
>more Martha

christ why, literally no one asked for this
>>
what if they go back to Russia and Philip leaves Liz for Martha
>>
>>83389109
I did
>>
I'm still hoping Henry gets left behind then a timeskip happens where Henry has become a big shot DC player and Paige is sent by the KGB to turn him, by any means necessary
>>
>>83389136
w-what the-
>>
>>83389136

Holy shit, that would be swerve of the century. I mean, there were a few points where it seemed like he just wanted to leave all of it behind.
>>
This season was horrible. So boring and full of filler that I couldn't watch it unless I was doing something else on the side
>>
>>83388193
thanks for the beer

does anyone have that picture of stan with the beer btw? i lost it from last year
>>
>>83389136
Suddenly I want this
>>
File: americans - miller time.jpg (866KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
americans - miller time.jpg
866KB, 1920x1080px
>>83389231
>>
>>83389261
i thought he was like turning around leaving the counter? ill search next commercial break
>>
Wheres fucking Oleg?
>>
>>83389314

In Russia.

I feel really bad for the wife, even though she cheated.
>>
>>83389410
Is that what she did to get in camp?
>>
holy shit Twan the OG
>>
Tuan is a true comrade
>>
>have the audacity to almost kill a kid
>call them petty

What the fuck, Tuan?!
>>
does this little Cong shit realize he's talking to two people that have probably killed more people then he's ever met?
>>
he's doomed
>>
Well fuck you too, Tuan.
>>
Tuan confirmed for taking Philip's place.
>>
>>83389291
I checked, i don't have it :/
>>
>>83389475
He called them petit bourgeois actually
>>
>>83389562
Y E L L O W E D
E
L
L
O
W
E
D
>>
>>83389434
the women were taken to guarantee loyalty to the party from the men
>>
40min of fucking NOTHING

AHHHHHHHHHHHH
NO MORE YELLING
IN THIS SEASON!!! WO
>>
This doesn't feel like a finale so far...
>>
poor henry :(
>>
What the fuck Phil
>>
Henry's voice sounds too young
>>
Fucking Christ Henry looks older than Paige now
>>
>>83389572

But still, given what happened, they made the right call in going there. Coincidentally, it worked out, but Tuan is still thinking he's the hottest shit.

Fuck, Henry is finally proud of something and they yank it away. Shit.
>>
why havent we seen henry and liz together at all, it could of been them vs phil & liz

remember when they hitch hiked and rekt a pedo?
>>
She is going to be a soviet and revealed at the end. I just know it.
>>
Is this show good?

Is it too late to start?
>>
>It just hit Elizabeth how much life will suck in the USSR
>>
>>83389793
its great to watch episodes back to back and binge the seasons without waiting weeks
>>
>>83389793

The first season is kinda weak, but it drastically improves from there. This season has established some things, but it's been a bit on the weaker side. Still a solid show overall.
>>
theyre gonna stay huh

wow what a plot twist who would of thought
>>
>>83389853
How many seasons is it now? Still going strong?
>>
>Henry not in the montage
Wow
>>
>>83389791
The description kind of gives it away
>Stan faces an uncertain future
>>
>Paige intentionally trying to attract someone to kill

never mind spoke too soon
>>
>>83389867

We're currently at Season 5 and next year is the last season.
>>
LMAO HAVENT SEEN THIS TEENAGE HOE SINCE SEASON 3

is he finally gonna pipe
>>
C O L O N I Z E D
>>
>>83389910
She was on a few weeks ago
>>
File: image.png (686KB, 909x535px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
686KB, 909x535px
>>83389928
COLONIZED
>>
>>83389910

He stopped himself short of doing it. Philip's had a hard life.
>>
>>83389910
she was in the beginning of the season, she is how they found out about the virus being used

>all their covers go to shit because this blonde whore has a meltdown
what does she even get out of this relationship, it's not like he's giving her the dick
>>
>>83389861
What are you talking about
>>
:_;
>>
>>83389980
liz is realizing she likes it here
>>
>Miller High Life commercial

We've hit peak kino folks!
>>
No tension at all , everything is all honkeydorey
>>
why is he going to japan? is he faking out liz by saying he's going to russia then sneaking away to japan instead?
>>
>>83389815
Elizabeth's hard line operator demeanor was just a lie that she kept telling herself to keep herself motivated. Now she's having to face that lie.
>>
>>83390003
That's what I got from that sequence too. She's clearly thinking about how shit life's gonna be back in the USSR, especially for her kids.

Think about it this way, they saw what happened to Pasha because his parents brought him to the US. Elizabeth is beginning to see that the same exact thing may happen to Henry / Paige when they get to the USSR.
>>
>>83390054
no you fool, his cover is going to Japan, he is cutting off all ties so he can go to Russia with no suspicions
>>
>>83390054
he's going to runaway with Agent Gaad's wife
>>
>>83390054
Are you really that stupid? Fucking no he's not going to Japan.
>>
>>83390054

It's a fake, Anon. He just can't tell the girl that wants to bang him that he's going to Russia, considering who her dad is.

Pretty tension-free season finale so far.
>>
>liz: "dood we cant go"
>phil: "wat"
SEASON END
>>
>>83390154
Dude you're probably right
>>
What was on the tape? I missed what it said, something about the USSR?
>>
I wasn't paying attention, what was on the tape?
>>
what's on that tape?
>>
whats the story with the russian girl and stan + his partner? its like nina 2.0 but not sexy
>>
>>83390297
>>83390298
>>83390302

From what I could tell, they were getting someone to move the Dept. of Soviet Affairs, but no idea who it was that was getting the promotion.
>>
>>83390333
So basically Philip wants to toss the tape away because if he doesn't that means they have to stay and keep gathering intel.
>>
shes so sexy

fuark

SHES KGB
>>
Has Elizabeth figured out the communists are the bad guys yet?
>>
oh fuck me, Stan is gonna get kidnapped for the duration of his "time away from home"
>>
She's totally an agent.

She's thinking to herself "Shit, this was a waste of time."
>>
>>83390380
Still cant get over her shitty character on Walking Dead
>>
>>83390366

In essence, but it seems that they could easily have someone fill in the gap.

Even now I can't tell if they're really gonna go with the move or not.
>>
they both dont want to go
>>
>>83390463
I think Philip doesn't really care if he stays or goes, he just wants to get the fuck away from their job for good, no more killing people or ruining people's lives.
>>
>>83390421
She's thinking "Tuan was right. My parents are turning into petite bourgeois cowards."
>>
>Elizabeth acting like hearing they HAVE to stay isn't the greatest pleasure she's known in 20 years
>>
ok that was boring as fuck
>>
LITERALLY NOTHING HAPPENED

LITERALLY NOTHING

LITERALLY
>>
wait what

liz doesnt want to to, theyre staying and phil isn't doing the KGB job anymore?
>>
>>83390563

In a way, maybe this is what the show was building up to. Philip has had (technically) the harder life. He was the one getting effective intel, he was the one making progress with everything and the burden of that has cracked him. He's been going through the motions since at least last season.
>>
Damn this season was bad. No payoff at all
>>
thats it? what did this season add at all?
>>
>>83390701
The adventures of Martha
>>
>>83390652
>>83390701
theyre just setting everything up for a good final season

need to get the pieces set in place

end of the series either phil or elizabeth dies
>>
Just realized Clark moving to Japan would make him a reverse Rivers Cuomo
>>
I liked it better when Elizabeth was still hard core.
>>
>maybe you should leave
The end. Fuck outta here with that shit
>>
Given everything that's happened, I can't even speak to what kind of ending that we get. I don't know if it'll be a bad end or a good end or who knows what happens.
>>
how close is this show in the timeline to the collapse of soviet union?
>>
>>83390819

It looks like we're still in 1984, so we're about 7 years away from it.
>>
>>83390724
yes the thrilling adventures of Martha featuring Oleg the grocery store corruption cop

>>83390731
doesn't mean they couldn't have added something - anything this season that would impact the overall story. Other seasons managed to tell contained stories that were interesting and thrilling at times while also adding to the overall storyline. this season had a few good episodes maybe but nothing stands out. Should have ended on a bigger hook as the lead in for the final season
>>
>>83390882
>Martha Gets a Cunny

Who knew defecting could be so much fun? Oh. My. Gawd.
>>
>All these plebs that cant handle the slow burn kino
I bet you all were expecting something to "happen". Lmao
>>
>>83391143
yes.
>>
Will Stan be okay?
>>
Ugh gonna switch over to Rambo on AMC to get that action that this season finale didnt give
>>
>>83391272
Depends on his boss's boss. But I don't trust that Russian guy. He looks like he'd crumble like a can of Miller Lite.
>>
>>83391329
If you're watching the Americans for action, you're watching the wrong show.
>>
>>83390855
Didn't watch this season, didn't watch this finale, but I bet the next season starts with a 6 year time jump.
>>
>>83391639

That would be pretty ballsy for them. I haven't heard anything about how last season will go down.

Will Philip be okay?
>>
>>83391829
I don't know, like I said, I didn't watch this season or this finale. Based on these posts I think I made the right call.
>>
>>83391877

Give it a watch and assuming you or I are still alive in a year, let us know what you think.
>>
Wait a minute...

Pasta Tim?!

https://twitter.com/HollyTaylor97/status/869746197983936512
>>
Slow season but still excellent
>>
Bumping so this thread is still around after I watch the new episode on my DVR.
>>
what happened after phillip left paige at the table? my video cut out
>>
>>83387814
How is this show
>>
>>83395019
>what happened after phillip left paige at the table? my video cut out
Same here. ree
>>
>crop storyline comes to nothing
>Tuan storyline comes to next to nothing
>oh, we're going home, but now we're not
What was the point of the thirteen episodes I watched?
>>
>>83395053
see
>>83389853

>>83395019
>>83395095

After Philip left the table, he went to his room and said that he needed to talk with Elizabeth. We find out at the end that Kimmy's dad is being promoted to the Dept. of Soviet Affairs and Elizabeth wants to keep going with the work and Philip is just utterly burnt out at this point. Elizabeth is telling Philip that she can go solo and keep going and that he should go on with the kids, but he doesn't want to.
>>
>>83395332
thanks

kinda wish they had ended it with a little more of a bang
>>
>>83395219

The crop storyline didn't come to nothing, it showed that Russian intelligence isn't as infallible as we thought. Even they make mistakes. This is also the beginning of Philip and Elizabeth realizing that their country could lie to them.

Of course, we knew this from way back in Season 1, when they kill the woman with the drug overdose and send the baby over to Russia with his dead dad's parents, among other things.
>>
>>83387814
What a bad show
>>
>>83395332
>After Philip left the table, he went to his room and said that he needed to talk with Elizabeth. We find out at the end that Kimmy's dad is being promoted to the Dept. of Soviet Affairs and Elizabeth wants to keep going with the work and Philip is just utterly burnt out at this point. Elizabeth is telling Philip that she can go solo and keep going and that he should go on with the kids, but he doesn't want to.
Very fucking anticlimactic, gotdamn
>>
I wish it were the series finale, boring ass show.
>>
>>83395909

Barring the small subtle things that we've learned this season, this is probably the weakest one since the first one, honestly. There's 10 episodes left and while we shouldn't expect Justified quality all of the time, I haven't felt this bummed about a season finale since Tyrant.
>>
Why is everyone hating on this season tonight? I haven't seen this in previous threads.
>>
File: 1492567033372.png (211KB, 720x400px) Image search: [Google]
1492567033372.png
211KB, 720x400px
>>83389291
>i thought he was like turning around leaving the counter?

>Stan "If you're a commie spy, you're not leaving alive" Beeman
>EVER abandoning a cold bottle of Miller High Lifeâ„¢, aka the champagne of beers

Anon pls
>>
>>83396046

I don't hate the season, but for a Season Finale, it was really mild, especially compared to the previous ones.
>>
>>83396207
S4's finale was way milder
>>
Whatever you might think of this season's pacing, that last scene was one of the best the show has ever done and maybe the one where their love for each other as husband and wife, not as coworkers and co-parents, is most painfully set against their concern for the importance of their work.
Some people speculated that Elizabeth's feelings for Philip are too much an act, that it's in service of keeping him...in service. I think that ignores every development in their relationship since the series premier. That last scene really shows that it couldn't be farther from the truth.
>>
File: 95743546547.jpg (7KB, 250x224px) Image search: [Google]
95743546547.jpg
7KB, 250x224px
>those scenes with pascha and his mom
>>
Okay, so with this finale :

- Stan's gf is confirmed spy. She was fucking obvious and you could see Stan feeling it. He's no dummy.

- P&E's happily ever after in Russia is now impossible. If they want to quit, they'll have to defect OR go rogue.

- This is the first major crack in P&E's marriage : Elizabeth is still a KGB officer, Philip is completely burnt out, hence the episode's title, The Soviet Division.

Yeah this season was light on the action but the P&E scenes were on point and the emotional journey of every character was compelling.

Good season, not as good as 4 but that's to be expected for a set up season.
>>
>>83396859
>The Soviet Division.

I think it's called that because the guy got promoted to head of The Soviet Division. A lot of the episodes have literal titles like "IHOP" "darkroom".
>>
I really love The Americans, it's one of my favorite shows on TV. Prior to this season I honestly thought it was the best show on TV. With all that being said, this season may be the single most boring season of a TV show I've ever seen. I just finished the finale and it's like nothing at all happened this season. I kept waiting for some kind of bomb shell to drop during the finale and it never really did. I hope the writers have the final season all planned out and the show goes out with a bang. If the final season is as boring as season 5 I'm going to be really disappointed because the first 4 seasons were excellent.
>>
>>83390298
>>83390302
Kimmy's dad is the new head of the Soviet division of the CIA.
>>
>>83396207
The exact same thing was said about last season's finale.
>>
>>83397736
idk, i really liked last seasons finale when i look back on it
>>
>>83387872
P&E will have a fucking tragic ending for sure
>>
>>83395053
At this point, the show is a character study about spies, not a spy show with good characters. I don't think there will ever be as much action/spy craft in the rest of the show as there was in the first season. The pay off is more character development than even most prestige shows can pull off.
>>
File: Mail Robot.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Mail Robot.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>
>>83390108
Good point
>>
>>83390054
Jesus Christ how fucking new is tv at the moment for everyone to fall for this lousy bait
>>
what a shit fucking season

after season 4 I expected this show to do wonders. Instead we got wonderful scenes like misha son going to america and then going back to russia. Or paige feeling sad for the nth. What a fucking joke. What the fuck were they thinking?

Fuck The Americans and fuck soviet people.
>>
This was worst season yet, but still really fucking good.
>>
was it the best season? probably not. but it's still the best show still running.
god just thinking about following this with House of Cards season 5 bullshit makes me wanna kill myself.
>>
>>83403041
>>83402766
Eh, they wanted to do a slow burn, and they did it too well. The P&E scenes were all excellent.

I'm certain we'll have an amazing s6.
>>
>>83404039
Yea it was still a good season, yet all the other seasons picked up around the midseason finale and season finale.
>>
I still love this show but so much of this season was pointless

Oleg's whole arc is useless and like Nina they've kept him around for at least a season too long
>>
>>83406175
i think he might defect to the americans next season
>>
>>83396682
>>83397736

Fair enough then. Season 4 left you with more of a feeling of foreboding, though, especially when the doctor did the suicide play.

How would Anons rank the seasons overall?
>>
>>83407563
4>3>2>1=5
>>
>>83407563
3>4>1>5=2

I didn't like what they did in S2, having that Larrick dude as the main antagonist for the whole season. The P&E scenes were very strong though.

My favorite episode is still episode 8 of season 4.
>>
>>83408577
>I didn't like what they did in S2, having that Larrick dude as the main antagonist for the whole season.
I thought the faggot Navy SEAL guy was a good antagonist, possibly made it my favorite season of the show
>>
>>83408782
I just didn't find it very interesting.

"Oh, he's gay, but like ultra gay, and he's a NAVY SEAL so he's gonna track them down only to die during the last episode :^)"

That's why I like the other seasons more. The Paige reveal comes naturally in episode 10, instead of during the finale like most other shows would do, S408 is the real finale of S4, it ends Martha's arc beautifully and allows the second part of the season to begin the long, disgusting emotional journey the characters go through until the end of S5.
>>
>petty bourgeois concerns

Eat my dick, asshole.
>>
>>83409209

typical soulless gook. he aint gonna make it.
>>
File: 1463058714378.jpg (41KB, 711x669px) Image search: [Google]
1463058714378.jpg
41KB, 711x669px
>NOTHING HAPPENS: THE SEASON
Fucking hell, what an absolutely pointless 13 episodes.
>>
>>83410782
>Philip has reached his breaking point
>Paige is open to spy work
>Oleg showed the rotten USSR
>Stan has lost faith in his job
>Tim went away

It was a set up season, sure, but saying that nothing has happened is just false
>>
>>83411142
They didn't need an entire season for plot points that minor.
Thread posts: 190
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.