[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In retrospect, it was actually a really well done movie with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: inception.jpg (970KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
inception.jpg
970KB, 1440x900px
In retrospect, it was actually a really well done movie with an intrincate and fleshed out premise.
>>
The Brilliant Deception of Inception
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p162TQ6NTc0

Is INCEPTION Dream Hypnosis ? Part 1 of 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dC0igjHE7ps

Inception and the Surreal - Between the Lines
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtI5Ni32rRk
>>
It's one of the dullest portrayals of dreams in all of film. So much wasted potential
>>
>>83377101

Dr Strange was better.
>>
>does all this dumbass shit just to get back to his kids
>his kids are too lazy to just come to him

This whole movie could have been circumvented had he just had them move to somewhere like fucking Australia or something.
>>
>>83378366
The whole point was that the constructed dreams should look as real as possible.
What did you expect, dragons, monsters and salvador dali visuals?
>>
>>83378549
>The whole point was that the constructed dreams should look as real as possible.
This is because Nolan is a lazy film maker. Don't make a movie about dreams if every environment is going to be a blue and grey cityscape.
>>
>>83378601
Right, because everyones dreams are vibrant colorful wild situations set in an alien unrecognizable setting with crazy physics, that's what REAL film is about right?

To be clear, I think Inception is a bad film but certainly not because there were no flying pigs cliche "I'm flying!" sequences
>>
>>83378748
>because everyones dreams are vibrant colorful wild situations set in an alien unrecognizable setting with crazy physics
I didn't say that
>>
the entire movie was dream, cobb and mol were laying on the floor and cobb was trapped in mol's mind the whole time because he convinced her that was reality; blah blah, the whole movie was really only a metaphor for film making and the fiction of film itself regardless of what it is depicting, which is just recycled bs thomas pynchon wrote about in gravity's rainbow
>>
>>83377101
>a really well done movie

No, it was a really well done radio play because it had so much exposition that the images weren't necessary.
>>
>>83378366
Realism and deconstruction are trends. Thats why it was like that.
>>
>>83378794
>the whole movie was really only a metaphor for film making
What bugs me is that the movie he ripped off, Paprika, was also a movie about film that does everything better.
>>
It was a very BRRRRRRRAAAAAWWWWRWRRRMRMRMMRMRMMMMM
>>
Agree, but the film has too much exposition. It feels like it's explaining itself for two hours while things happen and then it's over
>>
Its nice to be trap in a dream inside a dream,
i bet you guys havent experienced it.
>>
>>83379069
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream inside a dream
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.