[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cowardness in cinema

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

Hey /tv/

i'm watching Snow Therapy by Boris Ostlund and I was thinking what great movies were made about cowardness ? Only Vertigo and this come to my mind for now as movies that use cowardness as the main subject

what else could you think of ?
>>
File: 290px-Vertigomovie_restoration.jpg (60KB, 290x449px) Image search: [Google]
290px-Vertigomovie_restoration.jpg
60KB, 290x449px
>>
good thread idea
>>
The Canterville Ghost

The Ghost and Mr Chicken

Sleepy Hollow
>>
The one depiction of a person who may be seen as cowardly would be the guy in Body Double.
>>
>>83377074
>cowardness
>>
Vertigo is not really about cowardness imo, he's not a coward, just suffers vertigo.

Paths of glory is about cowardness
>>
File: upham_stairs.jpg (33KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
upham_stairs.jpg
33KB, 853x480px
>>
>>83378921
>cowardness
>>
>>83378921

Well Vertigo is mainly about cowardness : Scotty really is a coward and the whole murder of the guy's wife from the tower revolves around the idea that scotty suffering from crippling vertigo will not be able to do anything but witness the body falling and go up the last flight of stairs to do anything to help (same goes for the incipit of the movie where scotty can't save his colleague as he is holding on a ladder high up from the ground and then falls into a depression)
this is the main movie about cowardice
>>
>>83378921
Paths of Glory is a really good reference though - indeed a great movie about cowardice
But it still seems that the idea of cowardice really is underexploited in films whereas it's one of the main feature of our kind
>>
>>83378672

The Ghost and Mr Chicken - never seen this but seems just perfect - thanks a lot ! Not really sure about the other two though
>>
>>83377074
Midnight express is a good movie that features cowardness as one of its central points, the hero has a lot of opportunities to escape, but he doesn't because of cowardness. Also misery, in a way.
>>
>>83379432

>not sure about Sleepy hollow

Trust me, it's one of Burton's best.
>>
>>83379812
I've seen it - indeed one of his best films
but I don't see the connection with cowardice - maybe I don't remember the film well enough
>>
The village from that hack shamala. Cowardice is a central point.
>>
>>83379911
>but I don't see the connection with cowardice

Ichabod Crane is a huge scaredy cat in that movie, he was a mess after the Horseman first reveals himself and he even uses a child as a shield
>>
>>83377074
This was a solid 9/10 movie except for the ending
>>
>>83377074
movies no but this came to mind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuP9YClyPRY
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.