[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rank these franchises from best to worst

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 6

Rank these franchises from best to worst
>>
they're all shit
>>
1. Nightmare on Elm Street
2. Texas Chainsaw Massacre
3. Friday the 13th
4. Halloween
>>
File: smiley.gif (151KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
smiley.gif
151KB, 128x128px
>>83374848
this
>>
>>83374869
First list, best list.
>>
>>83374848
>>83374876
lads, that was a bit unnecessary, don't ya think
>>
Halloween>Texas Chainsaw>A Nightmare on Elm Street>Friday the 13th
>>
>>83374763

Personally:

Friday the 13th
Halloween
ANOES
TCM

From a production/story aspect

ANOES
TCM
Halloween
Friday the 13th
>>
>>83374763
Halloween resurrection was kino
>>
FIRST MOVIES
1. Halloween
2. Texas Chainsaw Massacre
3. Nightmare on Elm Street
4. Friday the 13th

FRANCHISES
1. Nightmare on Elm Street
2. Halloween
3. Friday the 13th
4. Texas Chainsaw Massacre
>>
>>83374869
This guy got it. However, if we go by best film in each franchise I'd rate it
TCM > Halloween >- Nightmare on Elm Street > Friday the 13th
>>
They're all pretty bad, but if I had to rank them, it would be:

Friday the 13th (most of the sequels at least don't take themselves to seriously and are watchable)
Nightmare on Elm Street (The first one is the best movie in all of the franchises; most of the sequels are awful, but at least 3 and New Nightmare are good)
Halloween (Only the first movie is good)
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (I never really liked the first one, and the sequels are some of the worst horror movies I've ever seen)
>>
>>83374848
>>83374876
John Carpenter's Halloween, Wes Craven's A Nightmare on Elm Street and Tobe Hooper's The Texas Chainsaw Massacre are 10/10 horror masterpieces. A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors, Wes Craven's New Nightmare and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 are pretty good.
>>
>>83374869
This. Although I would probably switch TCM with Friday the 13th as the latter is much more consistent and enjoyable to watch. The only good TCM movies are the 1st, the 2nd and the remake
>>
>>83374763
theres not a single good friday the 13th movie

only the first movies in the Halloween and Texas chainsaw franchises are good

So I guess nightmare on elm street wins
>>
File: c'mon son.gif (479KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
c'mon son.gif
479KB, 320x180px
>>83374869
>The Texas Chainsaw Massacre ranked that high
1 is perfect, 2 is a pretty good comedy, the rest of the series is unwatchable. Friday the 13th is a much better franchise although it pales in comparison to the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre film.
>>
Halloween > ANoES > F13 > Texas Chainsaw

Halloween has one masterpiece, three above average sequels, four bad sequels, and two shitty remakes.

Nightmare has the original (flawed classic), two good sequels (3 and New Nightmare), and four bad sequels. FvJ is only meh and remake is complete garbage.

Friday the 13th series stays around the same level of quality for most of its installments. The bad ones are really bad, but there are quite a few that are decent (1, 2, 4, 6, even 3 and 7 to an extent). Even the best aren't as good as the best of the other franchises though. Remake isn't as bad as other franchise's remakes either.

The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre is a piece of art, and 2 is a somewhat funny diversion. The rest of the franchise includes a bad sequel, a REALLY bad sequel, a meh remake, an awful prequel, and a terrible reboot.
>>
Friday The 13th-Most are great others not so much
Nightmare On Elm Street-Pretty good
Halloween-Abit inconsistent
Texas Chainsaw Massacre-Remakes were good. First one was great. Others sucks
>>
>>83374763
what about Hellraiser?
>>
>>83375585
Well, my reasoning was that the best Chainsaw Massacre movies are way better than the best Friday the 13th movies.
>>
For individual films:
1. Texas Chainsaw
2. Nightmare on Elm Street
3. Halloween
4. Friday the 13th

For franchises:
1. Halloween
3. Friday the 13th
4. Texas Chainsaw

Texas Chainsaw massacre is awesome but all of the other entries are meh to awful. Halloween has quite a few good entries (I actually really like Season of the Witch). For the individual films though, Nightmare and TCM are both great and very close.
>>
>>83375667
Okay, that's sound reasoning. The first two Texas Chainsaw Massacre films are much better than all of the Friday the 13th films. It's a shame Tobe Hooper abandoned the franchise.
>>
>>83375745
Season of the Witch is underrated kino
>>
>>83375648
What about it? Is it even worth defending anything past 2?
>>
>>83375817
same thing can be said about Texas chainsaw massacre
>>
>>83375113
I agree, maybe switching TCM and Halloween depending on my mood.
>>
nightmate/friday >>>>>> texas/halloween
>>
>>83375807
Absolutely. It's a different flavor with all the detective thriller stuff added in but I really liked it and wish the franchise had kept the kind of prestige anthology thing going.
>>
Slasher cinematic universe when
>>
>>83374763
What about psycho
>>
>>83375807

It's good as a stand-alone film, but not as a Halloween. Even so, it has some really stupid shit like the laser microchip that makes bugs come out of you and the androids.
>>
>>83375883
Touché
>>
>>83374763
The problem with TTCM is Leatherface isn't really a good villain his uncle is. He's a hyper-aggressive retard and all of his behaviors are a result of his Uncle.
>>
>>83376093
Uh, please don't ever acknowledge any Psycho sequels ever again.
>>
>>83377289
Psycho 2 is actually decent
>>
>>83377289
Fuck off nigger
>>
>god tier
The Thing

>good
The first Halloween

>shit
Everything else
>>
>>83378988
The Thing is literally the most overrated film on this board.
>>
The best is first Nightmare on Elm Street.

Everything else is just garbage.
>>
1. Friday the 13th
3. Halloween

Friday was the most consistent and enjoyable overall. Very few installments that were legitimately bad. Jason Takes Manhattan is often said to be the worst.

Nightmare was the most creative and had some of the most underappreciated practical effects from any horror movie/franchise from the 80's. The creativity wound up being a detriment in the later installments, but you can't fault them for trying to be original.

The original Halloween is the best stand alone movie in any of these franchise. It had some incredible awful installments as it went on. Season of the Witch gets trashed, but it's a great stand alone horror movie. People hate it for reasons similar to why they hate Friday part 5. After part 6 they are unwatchable. Rob Zombie's first remake was alright and far superior to anything after that one.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre franchise is easily the worst. The first one is a classic, but extremely dated. Part 2 is decent for how off the wall it is. The following two are awful. The 4th being offensively bad. This is one of the very rare cases where the remake (and even the remakes prequel) were just as good and even better than the original and the original sequels. Without R Lee Ermery they would have failed, though. The latest one with Daddario was garbage.

If you wanna throw Hellraiser into the mix that's even worse than TCM. The first two movies are good, but everything else is dog shit.
>>
>>83377424
I'd say it's actually quite good. In terms of underrated horror sequels Psycho 2 is right up there with The Exorcist 3.

>>83377227
Lets not forget that they made him a tranny in 3 and 4.
>>
>>83380707
Jason Takes Manhattan was really bad. You don't take a Boxer out of the ring. They removed Jason from his element then did a cope out ending to try and save face.
>>
>>83374763
If every movie in the franchise has to count towards the ranking it's:

1. Friday the 13th
2. Nightmare on elm street
3. Halloween
4. TCM

If we are judging based on best movie in the franchise only:

1. Nightmare on elm street
2. Halloween
3. TCM
4. F13

Friday the 13th is the only one that stays decent through every single movie, but none of them are masterpieces. Halloween and TCM both go to complete shit after 1 and 2 movies respectively.
>>
>>83375648
Hellraiser 1 is great and 2 is goat, the rest is 2/10 trash. Hellraiser 3 and on make the worst Halloween and TCM look like high art.
>>
>>83375667
By that reasoning, TCM should be first and Halloween a close second, and all the others way behind.
>>
>>83375883
Well, if there's something good to be said about TCM sequels is that there weren't fucking 9 of them.
>>
>>83374869
>Halloween last

Halloween is one of like ten legit good horror movie.
>>
>>83377227
Well, the whole family are the villains. None of them is good on their own.
>>
>>83379172
It's not overrated if it's true.
>>83381865
>2 is goat
Get the fuck out
>>
>>83381991
Because they weren't good enough to keep going. Friday the 13th kept going because they weren't great but good enough that people kept coming back. Most people jumped ship after TCM 2
>>
>>83380707
Jason goes to hell was fucking atrocious.
>>
>>83381991
4 original movies, a remake, a prequel to the remake, and a reboot.
>>
File: Jason Goes To Hell.webm (3MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Jason Goes To Hell.webm
3MB, 1024x576px
>>83382064
Yes it was
>>
>>83382064
Not as bad as 8. It gets shit on for the same reasons the later Elm Street movies do: they decided to expand on the mythology. It's a serviceable sequel that dared to be original. It's not the best, but it's certainly nowhere near as bad as fucking Jason X. Absolute piece of shit SyFy Channel original tier trash.
>>
>>83382058
Hellraiser 2 may have my favorite practical effects in any horror movie. It doesn't look as incredible today because high definition shows all the little tricks, but back in the day on vhs that movie blew my mind. It's a guilty pleasure but I consider Hellbound an all timer. Hellraiser 1 is probably the better movie but 2 is a marvel of practical effects and tone.
>>
>>83382170
They were great, but the stiff stubby arms on the creature barreling down that hallway pissed me off. It looked so good except for those dumb things flopping around. Could have been an easy fix, too.
>>
>>83382157
I didn't mind X. It wasn't good, but at least it was Jason and it did crack me up. You wanna talk fucking up mythology. Halloween 6. I hate, hate, hate that they tried to explain why Michael was a killer.
>>
>>83374763
1. Texas Chainsaw Massacre
3. Friday the 13th
4. Halloween
>>
>>83382170
>>83382258
https://youtu.be/y-468WgS9To?t=226

The bottom half's arms. Just awful.
>>
>>83382284
Everything between Halloween 3 and H20 was atrocious. I think H20 is the second best after the original and a legitimately great slasher film. Resurrection is one of the most retarded movies ever made but I fucking love it. Busta Rhymes trying to kung fu fight Michael Myers is pure kino.
>>
>>83382389
haha. They probably blew 1/4 of their budget on that thing so they wanted it on camera as much as possible. That's one creature that should have been shown less, it wouldn't be so noticeable then.

Cenobite Channard is the best thing in the whole series. The way he talks and laughs is so strange.

https://youtu.be/WtnhhLhAH-E
>>
>>83382659
I think the thing looks great, apart from the bottom's arms. They should have laid a little guy on the cart and had him stuck his arms through the prosthetic like they did with the top half. That would have looked more natural at least.
>>
>>83382170
>Tone
The Doctor fucking ruined the whole tone, and the movie was just nothing. It did have some cool looking stuff but it's in no way superior to the first one.
It's the last watchable entry in the franchise though.
>>
>>83382063
I was referring to Hellraiser, which is fucking unexplainable.

>>83382089
Still less than Hellraiser, and we're getting a new one this year!
>>
Chucke > all other shit
>>
I'll rank them in how I enjoy them:

Ft13th > Halloween > NoES > TCM

Don't get me wrong about TCM; the first and the second are great -- the second is one of my favorite Horror movies -- but the rest of the franchise is not good and I don't enjoy it.

NoES is probably the most-inventive of the group, but I have more nostalgia for the first Halloween -- yes, that's why I ranked it higher -- and I really enjoy Ft13th the most out of all of them. The first four of the Ft13th franchise is some of the best back-to-back movies in Horror.
>>
>>83374763
They're all like Santa Cause.
Depends how old you are.
Jason is the also displaying
much athleticism, followed
Mike who seems to "creep"
around a little more. Leather
Face, solid player and Fred's
a nightmare. Anything goes.
>>
>>83384237
All star
>>
In my opinion:
1. Halloween
2. Friday the 13th
3. Nightmare on Elm Street

But all very closely because I love the first movie of all three. I put Halloween at the top because I didn't actually see that until New Years (stupid as fuck timing, I know) and it genuinely scared me when I thought I was used to all horror tricks and tropes.
>>
>>83374763
1. Halloween
2. Chucky
3. Jason
POWER GAP
9001. Leatherface
90000001. Freddy
>>
I only watched Halloween 1, should I watch the rest?
>>
>>83384519
2 is worth it for the hot tub titties.
>>
>>83384381
John Carpenter is a God. I love Hooper and Craven but Carpenter is in his own league. Greatest horror director of all time. I like F13 but Sean Cunningham is a hack compared to the talented film makers that made the others. He even admits they literally made F13 to rip off Halloween (it's still good though)
>>
>>83384519
2, 3, and H20 are worth a gander.

I like 6, personally, but most people do not.
>>
>>83374869
pretty much this
>>
>>83382284
Didn't the original Halloween book explain that the Mayer family was cursed by a witch during the Salem trials or something?
>>
File: image.jpg (599KB, 1024x1448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
599KB, 1024x1448px
Everything was fine,
until he showed up.
>>
Original films:

TTCSM
Halloween
ANOES
FT13th

Franchises:
FT13th
Halloween
TTCSM
ANOES

All good though ranking the franchises was very difficult
>>
>>83384761
Basically. But books based on movies always suck and are to be ignored imo. In the Gremlins book the gremlins are aliens, so fuck the books.
>>
>>83385024
>Gremlins are aliens

Yeah that's a bit retarded, but a witch curse doesn't fuck Halloween too much considering that without it, the holiday has nothing to do with Michael besides coincidence.
>>
>>83385134
I know, but part of the reason I loved Michael Myers is because you (initially) didn't know why he did it. The mystery made it more terrifying to me. Also part of the reason I don't like Zombies remake.
>>
>>83385331
I understand that, but leaving Michaels immortality as unexplained is a bit too Kafka for me. I'm not saying it needs to be blatantly explained in detail, but there should be a hint of paranormal concept into it.
>>
File: Manlet.jpg (126KB, 722x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Manlet.jpg
126KB, 722x1280px
>>83382170
I'm right there with you my anon. Hellbound has fucking goat aesthetics. Leviathan, labyrinthine hell, the body horror. It's def in top 5 horror movies of all time for me.
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.