[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

John wick 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 2

File: 1470534460375.jpg (85KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
1470534460375.jpg
85KB, 1024x682px
In John wick 2

What exactly is the marker? How does it work?

I am also surprised at just how good this movie was, I was worried that it would turn into Taken 2 but it was incredibly sound and satisfying.
>>
You give someone a marker for whatever reason and in the future they can cash it in and get a favor from you, and if you refuse then the continental kills them

Was it that confusing in the film?
>>
>>83360391
But why would John give one to Santino D’Antonio?
>>
>>83360455
It said it in the film
He needed his help when he did the impossible task that let him retire to spend time with his wife
>>
>>83360261

Literally turn your brain off bro the flick
>>
>>83360524
I thought you really could just retire from the whole thing though, how could someone who didn't even have a seat make john wick retire? Or is it just one of those things where it's the past and we just accept it?

Either way, how could John utilize the marker he got?
>>
I wish the shills would fuck off already. The film's been out for months now, no-one else is buying it.
>>
If Ruby Rose was mute then how come she was grunting when fighting Wick?
>>
>>83360649
Come to think of it, how do mute people work? Were they born without vocal cords?
>>
>>83360641
Have you seen it?
>>
Why was Al Swearengen so surprised that John gave a marker to someone when apparently he's the very person in charge of keeping the actual books for the markers? Surely he would've known about someone of John's caliber having one to his name.
>>
>>83360820
I'm guessing he was shocked at why he would ever give one to Santonio
>>
>>83360615
>Either way, how could John utilize the marker he got?
The marker was given to him by Winston, so John owes Winston a favour.
>>
>>83360641
torrent was recently released you faggot mongoloid
>>
>>83361036
Isn't the marker now John's to give offer of a favour?
>>
>>83361056
I saw it as Winston now being able to cash in on that marker for letting him have a one hour head-start on all the assassins.
I may have been wrong though.
>>
>>83361076
John wouldn't have to honour that marker though considering the fact that he's excommunicated from his organisation, right?
>>
>>83361076
>>83361056
>>83361036

Isn't the marker John's that he gave to Santonio?
>>
>>83361121
That wouldn't make sense, it's for future use.
>>
>>83361107
I guess the marker is either from Winston to John in the event that John takes out everyone and becomes a head of the organization, or for John to give to Cassian, I completely forgot that he probably doesn't have to honour it due to the excommunication.
>>83361121
Of course not.
>>
>Other than an ability to freeze all assassins nearby with a use of an old 6230 Nokia phone call, Winston has not yet demonstrated any particular close quarter or ranged combat skill to be recorded. He does appear to have a respectable amount of intellect, given he knew of the mark prior to the events in the first film.

http://john-wick.wikia.com/wiki/Winston

who the fuck wrote this joke of a wiki
>>
>>83360261

A blood oath that you'll pay a favor back, so niggers can't back out if they owe you one.
>>
>>83361121
Yes.
Santonio, who was a very high figure in that world due to his family, his wealth, his sister, etc, probably has some. He had john blood with him for his help in the task that let him retire, because john was willing to do anything to get out.

And to his credit, despite being a complete fucking dick, Santonio did say he was 100% willing to ignore the marker because he respected john, his retirement and the reason he got out. It wasnt until john went back to their world that he considered it moot.

It wasnt hard to grasp or understand.

As for winston, why would he know. If I give a friend a dollar, unless he tells me where he spent it, I wont know where it went. It doesnt seem like Santonio is the person to broadcast his business to the world
>>
>>83360993
But he had to know who the marker had been given to.
>>
>>83361209
That's what I didn't get in John Wick when it came to Santonio.

Santonio respects John, he knows his skills and his prowess. He respects him enough to never request anything from him again until he's actually in but when he is making him fulfill his Marker oath he becomes disrespectful enough to betray John and stupid enough to forget that he is so highly skilled that he can take out a small battalion of highly trained armed men?

This seemed so strange to me, there was no reason for him to do this.

Even after that, this man that seemed so cool headed and patient seemed to go crazier and ordering expensive hits on him which would only serve to antagonize John even more, not to mention how he was being a fucking annoying child in the Continental at the end which got him shot.
>>
can we all agree that this movie sucked dick? that whole first scene when they repeat tired referenes to the first one verbatim was cingeworthy. the scene whe has a shootout with the black guy and they both have supressors on their gun and people passing by literally 2 meters away from them are completly oblivious to the shooting since LOL SUPRESSORS MAKE IT COMPLETLY QUIET was one of the most retarded scenes ive seen in film. the sequence in the amphitheater was a carbon copy of the club scene from the first, except worse in every way - from music to action sequences. it felt like a soulless cash grab on the moderate success of the first movie
>>
>>83360261
WHY THE FUCK DOES JOHN REFUSE TO FULFILL THE TERMS OF THE MARKER?

HE JUST GETS HIS HOUSE BLOWN UP AND THEN DOES IT ANYWAY
>>
>>83361365
I guess he suspected John would come after him anyway since he destroyed his house, so he wanted him out of the picture to cover his own ass.
>>
>>83360615
From what I understood in the story is that John gave him the marker to help him complete the assignment given to him so he could retire. Santino cashed in his favor after hearing about the events of the first movie.
>>
>>83361365
He's honour-bound to avenge his sister's murder, he says as much.
>>
>>83360261

OP, Taken 2 was awesome. It was Taken 3 that was horrible.

Also, they explain the marker in plain English, if you don't understand that, well, welcome to /tv/
>>
>>83361365
Because he needed someone to kill his sister, and that would require a LOT of skill to do, and to do quietly. He also suspected that he would die in the process from her guards, her attacking him, etc.

His hired, literal army, was backup. As was the contract. Its an amazing feat that someone like john could take on the entire world of assassins, and to do so alone (and if it wasnt for Morpheus, he would have been right).
>>
>>83361420
Where were the negotiation attempts?

I don't mean I wanted him to grovel and cry like a bitch, that would seriously ruin the movie and be cringy and cliche but at least some sort of attempt, something more intelligent than throwing people at John expecting to survive despite the fact that he's wiping everyone out.
>>
>>83361407
yeah I really didn't get this, he acted scared even.
>>
>>83361455
He did try to call John, but he just hung up on him because he has autism or something.
>>
>>83361467
fucking phone betas
>>
>>83361449
Why not honour it Hitler style and off himself because it was his hand that wanted it done?
>>
>>83361036
Isn't it the opposite.
The one who gets the mark can ask for a favor?
>>
>>83361453
>1453
appropriate numbers for your post.
Taken 2 was alright, it was not as good as Taken 1, it would have been hard to emulate it, but it did open a path in a decline of quality that lead to Taken 3 which was absolute garbage. Not just the story but everything right down to the editing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCKhktcbfQM
>>
>>83361531
5 was way better than 5 if you count in Dark Resurrection
>>
>>83361454
>do quietly
Wasn't he aware that it would be the loudest affair if he had people try to kill him right then and there? Especially when it comes to John wick, he definitely must know exactly what he can do and totally expect what happened to happen.
>>
>>83361454
>Morpheus
All those references to the Matrix in that scene were great. I thought it might come off too strong if they did anything but I thought it was fitting.
>>
>>83361525
Not him but you're right.
>>
>>83361608
What were the Matrix references? I don't really remember any, apart from the obvious Neo and Morpheus being in the same scene.
>>
>>83361585
Loud or quiet, he expected john to die during it. Thats the point. He expected his sister to see john and call out for help, have her guards kill him or even get caught in the act. His sister killing herself silently and letting john do what he needed to was very much not part of his plan.
>>
>>83361389
It's always nice to see a fellow autist
>>
>>83361389
Agree with everything this anon said verbatim
>>
>>83361634
Not so much references as much as it was things he said that sounded like it was hinting at the matrix. These lines (from memory) sounded like he was giving a wink and a nudge about the matrix

>We met many years ago
>before my ascension
>I was a pawn in the game
>because of you I became a king
>>
>>83361644
Why did John even shoot her?
>>
>>83361755
To seal the deal. Show that he was there.
>>
>>83361755

He headshots everyone
>>
>>83361813
Doesn't sound right to me.
>>
>>83361389
Greatest post of 2017 so far
>>
File: 1466456326031.jpg (12KB, 200x176px) Image search: [Google]
1466456326031.jpg
12KB, 200x176px
>>83361825
>>
>>83361845
not an argument
>>
>>83361857
I wasn't making an argument, I was laughing with you
>>
>>83361755
gotta have proof he did the job.
Irregardless of how she died, john had to prove HE did it for the contract to be done.
>>
>>83361389
>>>/reddit/
>>
John Wick vs the Accountant

who wins?
>>
>>83362167
John takes a dump on him
>>
>>83361199
Probably You, you memeloving fuck
>>
>>83360524
>>83360615
>>83361036
>>83361056
>>83361076
>>83361121
it's like watching a bunch of monkeys trying to communicate. jesus christ
>>
>>83363209
To be fair it was never really made clear.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.