[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the purpose of this scene?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 327
Thread images: 11

File: 1496126537064.png (3MB, 2538x780px) Image search: [Google]
1496126537064.png
3MB, 2538x780px
>>
>>83357059
to make you watch this dumb movie
>>
>>83357059
its supposed to evoke memories of dresden, where the "master race" was incinerated by their "sub human" victims
>>
>>83357059
To be the best scene in the entire movie. They really should have spent more time developing David and Shaw's interactions after arriving at the Engineer's planet.
>>
>>83357059
david is a metaphor for the man ridley scott has become, a deranged half man chasing something he could never properly grasp in his current state. weyland is ridley when he made the original alien, david is ridley now. david(ridley) is OBSESSED with creating the perfect organism(alien movie), this scene is a metaphor of what ridley is doing to the franchise. just as david haphazardly tries to force new life by smashing dna together, ridley tries to force a good movie by throwing every half brained idea he gets in his head in it. every one of those pods is another dementia idea he gets in his self induced fever dreams
>>
To delete the Engineers from the Alien franchise so Ridley doesn't have to explain them
>>
>>83357185
kek
>>
>>83357059
So the ending wasn't supposed to be a twist for the audience right?

I mean it was pretty obvious that was David pretending to be Walter. Or does Scott just think that audiences are too retarded to be able to figure it out?
>>
File: 1495751440389.png (189KB, 788x784px) Image search: [Google]
1495751440389.png
189KB, 788x784px
>>83357059
JUST TO FUCK OVER THE PEOPLE EXPECTING

A DEEP PLOT ABOUT CREATION

FUCK THOSE PEOPLE

LOL PLOTS AND SHIT
>>
The movie should have just been David and Shaw interacting together.
>>
File: Prometheus-Mount.png (723KB, 1521x1141px) Image search: [Google]
Prometheus-Mount.png
723KB, 1521x1141px
>>83357185
>You can actually buy a toy of this
>>
>>83357573
Apart from it being super obvious, how did David change clothes, saw off his arm and go swallow some embraaaay lmaos and still get on the leaving shuttle?
>>
>>83358878
He's a super efficient android, I figure he'd only need about 5 minutes tops to do everything that needed to be done.
>>
>>83357059
So was Jesus literally an Engineer? Does this movie resolve that implication from Prometheus?
>>
>>83357059
For you to look upon it and despair of ever getting another decent Alienverse movie
>>83359971
Perhaps. There's definitely a half-baked Satanist theme about David's rebelllion against his creators, so David also killing Jesus' kinsmen would fit.
>>
>>83357059
Where did the floating hook thing go? If it crashed, why don't we see its wreck over the city?
>>
>>83360259
It's possible that it was still attached to the ship when David crashed it? Or whatever, I mean that's the least of the movie's problems.
>>
>>83358737
they made the proboscis look like a dick? haha it didn't look like that in the movie
>>
>>83357185
that thing went from 1 foot long to 10 foot plus a shitton of tentacles just sitting in that medbay.
>>
>>83357185
>>83358737

Just like my japanese cartoons.
>>
Why did David crash the engineer ship with no survivors?
>>
>>83357059
To trigger plebs like you who couldn't understand the deep symbolism of the created destroying its creator.
>>
>>83360966
But the xenos didn't destroy David?
>>
>>83360259
What was the point of that even? The ships could simply land why did they need that highly inefficient floating platform?
>>
>>83361032
Not yet.

That happens in the next movie.
>>
>>83360966
What's deep about that?
>>
>>83357185
unironically this
>>
>>83360677

The xenomorph in Alien goes from being a snake to Kareem Abdul Jabbar after munching bits off some people in about an hour.
>>
>>83357059
its a representation of the continuing white genocide in europe
>>
>>83361176
pretty stupid too, but not nearly as bad as calamari to room sized giant squid
>>
>>83361239
My dick can go from tiny wormlet to 6 incher beast in seconds. It's not unheard of.
>>
>>83357185
>>83358737
you know what, fuck you, i enjoyed the ridiculous reproduction paths leading to the deacon. the male/female/male/female aspects getting so completely fucked is extremely giger.
>>
I would rather want to know how the fuck she managed to commander an alien ship.
I get that david probably started it with the fluet, but everything after she basically just starts a derelict space ship that has been turned off for thousands of years.
>>
>>83357059
Best scene in the movie, although I disagree with the fact that it was all we were shown of the Engineers.
IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A SEQUEL TO A MOVIE ABOUT THE ORIGINS OF MANKIND
WHY DID COVENANT ANSWER NONE OF THE QUESTIONS PROMETHEUS POSED
For fuck's sake Ridley
>>
>>83361271
That's because you fill it with blood from the rest of your body dum dum. Also isn't the xeno supposed to be silicon based, how does it even get the silicon and eat humans?
>>
>>83361321
Originally it could change from carbon to silicon, also in some media it eats rocks not humans.
>>
>>83357059
dude explosions lmao
>>
>>83357059
Does David even understand the poem he kept quoting? Ozymandias' legacy is a busted statue in a desolate wasteland, is that really who he wants to compare himself to?
>>
>>83357129
underrated
>>
>>83363162
How did David think it was by Byron? And what was the significance of him being wrong about the auteur?

Also knowing he ""loved"" Dr Shaw, you guys think it is possible that he took extra pleasure in poisoning her husband?

What did he even mean by saying he loved her? Is Walter still alive?

Honestly I liked it, really loved that David resented humans and did >>83357059 but I didn't hate Prometheus either so idk. Wonder if he did it before or after finding answers and if Shaw was still alive when it happened?
>>
>>83357059
To show how imperfect the engineers were that all of them could get wiped out with a simple pathogen, David was testing too see how strong the engineers really were with the pathogen.
>>
I have one of these
>>
>>83357059
Who created the engineers?
>>
>>83361283
You could blame all the people who hated prometheus and wanted another movie like Aliens
>>
>>83363354
True. The movie seemed like a compromise between Aliens and Prometheus and as a result failed at being either. Should have stuck with the feel and themes of Prometheus more closely. The Prometheus-type scenes in Covenant were the "best" thing about the movie.
>>
>>83357059
What was the purpose of this thread?
>>
Anybody else think they could've made more out of the fact that they had couples on the ship?
I was expecting more than the one single moral dilema that Danny McBride faced (try to save your partner for the price of jeopardizing 2000+ souls) and more backlash from other crew members when he made his decision. Could've been a bit more interesting but felt like a way to make each death seem more impactful (especially first one ofc).
>>
>>83363623
I feel like the couples situation was a convenient way to get everyone to act irrationally.
>>
>>83357059
>What was the purpose of this scene?

kino, pure kino
>>
>>83363331
Ancient humans.
>>
>>83363643
Yeah it was pretty cheap and obvious. Wish they had in turn done more with it.
>>
>>83357059
Appeals to the jews because they were mass murdered too
>>
>>83357059
Why did he reveal himself to MCgirl in the end? Why did he want her personally to suffer?
>>
>>83363772
>Why did he reveal himself to MCgirl in the end?

I don't think he was planning on it, but after she realized he wasn't Walter he just decided he might as well confirm her suspicions.
>>
>>83363772
Brainlet. "He" either died or was left out the planet.
>>
>>83363823
He was walter, you idiot.
>>
>>83363840
"he" being Walter? How does my post imply otherwise?
But nice theory I guess, you think David managed to turn him against humans offscreen? Why say something about code David to mother then?
>>83363874
Same poster?
>>
>>83357573
>>83358878
David Uploaded His Programming into Walter...

You will recall that Daniels stabs David in the chin with the nail pendant that she wears. Note that the android that is aboard the ship at the end of the movie bears no such scar, indicating that the android chassis is that of Walter. However, it is clear that David's A.I. now resides in the ch

http://www.alien-covenant.com/topic/45292
>>
>>83363899
>same poster

Yes.

>Theroy

It is no Theroy. David did not do anything to him, and it was all planned.

The fact that people think Walter did not make it back to the ship astounds me. The fact that ridley tricked a billion fucking moviegoers shows this is true kino, when he threw it in your face.

I will explain in detail if you want, but think about what walter did during the first scene in the movie when everyone was still in cryo and what walter did at the very end.
>>
>>83363963

Nope. Wrong, Walter was working against the crew the entire time. From scene one. Think. see >>83364010
>>
It's a warning. How homosexuals will wipe out the white race harnessing the power of the BBC
>>
>>83364010
>and it was all planned.

I don't get it. What did he do in the beginning? Look at everybody? I was not very attentive becuase we were running late and I had to settle down.
>>
>>83364010
>>83364041
Explain to me please like I'm a 5 year old brainlet.
>>
>>83363733
And who created ancient humans?
>>
>>83363963
>nail endant that she wears

Who, MCgirl? Didn't even see he ripped it off her, then again I forgot my glasses :(
>>
>>83364105
Wheat farmers.
>>
>>83357059
https://youtu.be/wK8kK4hY6PA
so they don't have to bother with engineer stuff
>>
>>83363162
>is that really who he wants to compare himself to?

I thought it was obvious he was comparing humanity/the engineers to the poem
>>83363278
>How did David think it was by Byron?
David believes he's a Byronic hero, he's actually something of a frankenstein monster
>>
>>83364074
>>83364079

He took human embryos out of their containment.

He put them infected back into containment.

He brought embryos to the planets surface for ONE reason.

The "neutrino burst"? They are astrologically normal events happening at semi regular intervals. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soft_gamma_repeater

He put the ship where it could be hit.

He killed the captain. Why? He would never go off mission. But who would? Why, the guy who believes in miracles would. On a much smaller note, he also genuinely loved the girl, and was jealous as David so aptly put; "I know the truth'. (he saved the girl many times).

He then prevented the captain from doing a systems check of him and the computer. "it was randum lel". People bought it due to grief and panic.

But how did he know. Well, he clearly got a signal, and knew who it was from "david". He just needed to push it to the redneck pilot in a way that would pique his interest. He could not just go "hey, go to this trap". Its not like some random space suit got a signal that the ship did not.
>>
>>83364289
Keep in mind that the first two points are the most important and cannot be argued any other way other than "Walter was working against the crew the entire time"

There is plenty more, but those points leading up to them meeting david show walter was working against them.
>>
>>83364289
He cleaned up faulty embryos. Did you not see him throwing it in the biohazard bucket he holds? Walter is a good robot, that David uploaded his consciousness into

http://www.alien-covenant.com/topic/45292

This is canon from Ridley Scott

This is from the book

Walter awoke.

He was back online. His sensors told him he was without body. David had decapitated him. It was completely dark. He could smell and taste organic cloth.

He was in a sack.

David must of woven it. Such creativity.
Walter also determined he was surrounded by stone. Jammed into a crevice or stored in a box, perhaps dropped down a dry well? He did not know.

Walter could hear footsteps.....
The USCSS Nostromo was preparing to get underway......
>>
>>83364289
Weren't the human embryos "broken"? Blood spilled etc, thought they had not survived so he removed them.

neutrino burst and captain dying did seem fishy to me though, I suspected him in the beginning but then he seeed so helpful in the rest of the movie I dropped it, idk.
>>
>>83364289
>He took human embryos out of their containment.
I thought something went wrong with them and he had to dispose of them? It was also an introduction to the idea of embryo's on the ship
>He put them infected back into containment.
?

Other than that, interesting theory
>>
>>83364399
>He cleaned up faulty embryos.

Fake and gay. If they were faulty they sure a shit were not when he put them right back, alienfied. You cant argue against this. There is ZERO (0) reason for walter to take the embryos planetside. None. Yet he did.

Ridley is taking you for a ride, and you are buying it.
>>
>>83364420
>Weren't the human embryos "broken"?

Nope. They all had a little umbilical cord coming off of them. It was not blood.

>>83364426
>I thought something went wrong with them and he had to dispose of them?

He did NOT dispose of them though, he very clearly took them planetside.
>>
>>83364179
That was the other Shelley, though the subtitle of said book is Modern Prometheus no? So much pottery man. But you're right, it seems clear that he was quoting Ozymandias while looking over the ruined engineer city.
>>
>>83364510
>That was the other Shelley, though the subtitle of said book is Modern Prometheus no?

I know, it's still connected to Shelley though(wife) and yes.
>>
>>83364463
Walter didn't take any embryos to the planet Where are you getting this from? The xeno embryos are david's work.

In the end its David. He even says his code to mother
>Use code David 73694-B
And he asks Mother to play the same song he played for Weyland in the intro of the movie.

I think you are taking yourself for a ride and are seeing things that are not there. At all. Walter disposed of ruined Embryos, he did not take any embryos down to the planet.
>>
>>83364501
>He did NOT dispose of them though
He put them in a bio-hazard waste container?
>he very clearly took them planetside
When?
>>
>>83364144
and who..?
>>
>>83364572
Here's the link to the podcast where Ridley confirms that David uploaded himself into Walter at the fight

https://soundcloud.com/empiremagazine/alien-covenant-spoiler-special-with-sir-ridley-scott#t=0:00
>>83364463
>>
Kill all whites
>>
>>83364572
>The xeno embryos are david's work.

How the fuck did he create human fucking embryos on a desolate planet, then infected them with alieum, kept them stable for who knows how long, all so he could put them on a ship?

he could NOT with the tools available to him?

They looked EXACTLY like the high tech self contained embryos Walter took off the ship.

Because they were.

>He even says his code to mother

Yet you missed the -B. He was the upgraded model. In a sense Walter = David.

>>83364602
>He put them in a bio-hazard waste container?

He did put them in storage unit, yes.

>When?

Proven when he regurgitated them back up.
>>
>>83360677
in Covenant aliens grow from literal microscopic spores to fully functional organisms the size of a human head in 15 mins and the host maintains enough internal integrity that they only get killed by it leaving their body.
>>
>>83364666
He didn't create human embryos, those are alien embryos.

Again, listen to the podcast with Ridley Scott himself >>83364619 Its David at the end of the movie, he uploaded himself into Walter and took the XENO embryos DAVID had CREATED on board.

You are seeing things in a movie that are not there.
>>
>>83364724
>those are alien embryos.

Aliens dont have embryos, furthermore they were clearly human alien/hybrid embryos. They were very clearly the same self contained embryos walter took off the ship.

>Ridly said something

Ridley also said stuff about engineers. Ridley lies, my friend.

>You are seeing things in a movie that are not there.

You are ignoring whats right in front of your face.

I mean, its just a super duper coincidence that the captain died, from fire in a fucking cryo tank, so the guy who believes in miracles would go to off mission to a miracle planet.
>>
>>83364666
Man you are stupid
>>
>>83364666
>Proven when he regurgitated them back up.

those are alien embryos David was working on
>>
>>83364797
>Aliens dont have embryos
We literally, virtually and in every way saw Davids work on creating a neomorph. We saw infant drawings, fetuses, skulls.
How are you this dense? Just how? David created xeno embryos.

You are inventing things that are not there. Walter did not bring any embryos to the planet. He disposed of embryos that had been ruined by space travel.
>>
>>83364819
>those are alien embryos David was working on

David was working on creating hybrids using aliens own internal mechanisms for cross species infection and gestation. He did NOT have access to human embryos, and not the ones off the Covenant.

>>83364813
>Brainlet confirmed for unable to understand very simple things.
>>
Stupid things in Alien covenant
-the original alien "virus" is a somehow able to fly in a directed , sentient way as a virus. No, viruses, tiny protein shells with a dna injection system, are not able to fly and propel themselves. That is not how spores work.
- aliens going from tiny to fully grown in a couple of minutes despite having nothing they could have eaten in that time. Where did the mass come from? even if metabolically it were possible to grow that fast, there's no mass. Really lazy
-when the xenomorph was climbing around the ship, it climbed DIRECTLY THROUGH A THRUSTER and suffered only some light burns which it shrugged off. This is a jet generating enough thrust to lift 1/4 of a very heavy aircraft. it would PUSH the alien clear off the space ship at many miles per hour and annihilate any part of the alien which touched the jet stream. which it climbed entirely through directly.
-And worst of all, one of the crew members was attacked by a facehugger but the implantation of the egg was interrupted and only some of the acidic blood landed on his face. You can tell the implantation was interrupted because he did not go unconscious at all like the religious guy. YET this crew member with the alien acid on his cheek STILL spawned a fully grown alien!! How ?! what the fuck kind of life cycle is that? It reproduces via an egg but it can also reproduce from any cell of it's blood?! that's fucking stupid . why would it develop an egg devliery system if every single cell of it ca infect and reproduce in a new host? that makes the egg totally redundant. complete break with continuity and stupid.

And that's only all the things stupid about the film when it came to the aliens.
>>
>>83364897

You saw various life cycles of the aliens using their own mechanisms. Aliens have never, ever, in any sense, had embryos. Their very life cycle forbids it. It makes no sense.

>David created xeno embryos.

David had zero means to create a human/xeno hybrid embryo (the only way to get that would be to infect a human embryo, which would require very high tech long term storage or low tech short term storage.)

Your arguement is the guy marooned on a planet had the means to create a self contained embryo sac that did not gestate into a full alien.
>>
>>83364797
>they were clearly human alien/hybrid embryos
they were very clearly mini face huggers
there was nothing human about them
>>
>>83364930
>He did NOT have access to human embryos, and not the ones off the Covenant.
I never said he did. I do think it's hinted that he has alien embryo's. He showed Walter a fossilized bug with black goo DNA
>>
>>83365026

Wrong, they had a tail, but they had arms and legs just like a human.

Watch it again.
>>
>>83365015
He created with Shaw, he experimented on her. We saw his drawings of it. We saw the results of it. Everyone excepts you says that it is David at the end of the movie, regurgitating solidified xeno embryos that he has created.
Even the director of the movie says this.
>>
>>83365036

Anon, embryos have a symbiotic relationship with their host. Aliens lifecycle are most definitely not.

Furthermore, and again, they were the same embryonic sacs that were taken off the ship. Same size, same shape, same color, the only thing that was different was the hybrid in them.
>>
>>83365015
>the facehugger injects an embryo into a host
Okay. This guy is just beyond retarded.
>>
>>83365125

Yes, but shaw died long ago. He was marooned on the planet for more than a decade.

The self contained embryos (which would have been impossible to create) would have either gestated or died.
>>
>>83365195

Its not an embryo, its a parasite, an fully functional organism, much like a minnow before a frog.

Try and keep up
>>
>>83364977
stupid things in alien covenant that were stupid about the rest of the movie

- implying any astronauts would set foot on an unknown planet and assume the air was safe to breath just from a scan of the molecules and wouldn't keep helmets on to protect from pathogens. Fucking scifi in the 50s got this right. Why do the writers of this movie have such low, stupid standards?
-even if the astronauts assumed that an uninhabited world would have no pathogens or microbes, as soon as they saw plants , they'd KNOW that there would be pathogens and microbes and so there would need to be helmets worn before things were analysed.
-ESPECIALLY AS SOON AS THEY SAW THAT THERE WAS FUCKING WHEAT they would know that there would be pathogens , which in an isolated environment for who knows how many years could easily be harmful for their immune system
-As soon as Daniels asked walter to locate the alien and they knew where it was and that it was heading towards where two other crew members were, she could have asked him to seal the doors and keep him contained. Instead they decided to go to where the crew members were, find them recently slain, then afterwards decided to tell Walter to seal all the doors and keep the alien contained. Totally fucking moronic writing. Why would you only remember that you could seal doors at will after two more people died? Why would you decide to try and go down there yourself and get there in time rather sealing the doors to keep the alien from getting there?
-Alarm systems in any ship/submarine/building are ALWAYS designed to be extremely loud. Think of any fire alarm. Would you not be able to hear it over a stereo playing in the shower? No. Especially on a submarine-like environment , alarm systems would be designed to play loudly in the shower.
>>
>>83365136
>embryos have a symbiotic relationship with their host. Aliens lifecycle are most definitely not.
Normally, I would agree with this, but Ridley does shit all over canon with Prometheus and Covenant(one example being a fully formed Alien coming out of the captain instead of a regular chest-burster), so I'll just scratch that off as Ridley's madness

>they were the same embryonic sacs that were taken off the ship. Same size, same shape, same color, the only thing that was different was the hybrid in them.
Would have to watch again to confirm
>>
File: 1495918423214.jpg (133KB, 694x544px) Image search: [Google]
1495918423214.jpg
133KB, 694x544px
>>83361198
this
>>
>>83365237
>typical rusing speech manners
Please stop. Both you and everyone else knows you are wrong.
>>
File: TOS2x20.png (2MB, 1444x1080px) Image search: [Google]
TOS2x20.png
2MB, 1444x1080px
>>83365243
>implying any astronauts would set foot on an unknown planet and assume the air was safe to breath just from a scan of the molecules and wouldn't keep helmets on to protect from pathogens
>>
>>83364619
>https://soundcloud.com/empiremagazine/alien-covenant-spoiler-special-with-sir-ridley-scott#t=0:00

what time does ridley scott say this?
>>
>>83365246
>Would have to watch again to confirm

I did, my friend. The idea was bouncing around my head after i saw it once, and i had the chance to see it again. They are the same fucking embryos. I cant find a decent/trusted rip to prove it at the moment.

>Ridley playing games

I agree, he did get fucky with the lifecycle, but there are still no embryos. Furthermore, there was no means on the planet to keep the embryos and embryo, or to create a self contained one. David was fully working on aliens own mechanisms.
>>
>>83365282

Nope. I am 100% sure, after seeing it a second time, that i am right.

Pay attention to how Walter acts pre landing on paradise.

Also note how androids on all the alien movies have been dicks.
>>
>>83364666
You are trolling m8.
>>
>>83364977
>And worst of all, one of the crew members was attacked by a facehugger but the implantation of the egg was interrupted and only some of the acidic blood landed on his face. You can tell the implantation was interrupted because he did not go unconscious at all like the religious guy. YET this crew member with the alien acid on his cheek STILL spawned a fully grown alien!! How ?! what the fuck kind of life cycle is that? It reproduces via an egg but it can also reproduce from any cell of it's blood?! that's fucking stupid . why would it develop an egg devliery system if every single cell of it ca infect and reproduce in a new host? that makes the egg totally redundant. complete break with continuity and stupid
Fucking hell that is retarded and I thought that it was David that injected him with some alien garbage, but that would have made white alien instead
>>
>>83365387

Nope.

Unless you think breaking brainlets minds is trolling.
>>
>>83365426

I think that was due to davids experiments on the planet.

Streamlining the evolutionary process based upon human anatomy.
>>
>>83365348
>all androids
Try. Harder.
>>
>>83365491
Bishop did some fucky things in regards to the alien queen.

>durr i suddenly cant fly right.

But you are right, bishop is ambiguous.
>>
>>83365613
Oh, and in aliens 3 bishop smuggled some eggs on board, possibly.
>>
File: kunt.jpg (31KB, 613x284px) Image search: [Google]
kunt.jpg
31KB, 613x284px
>>83365058
arms and legs, JUST LIKE HUMAN
>>
>>83365613
only in this movie have androids suddenly known advanced kung fu and MMA.

In the first alien movie the android is as strong as a very strong man, say a high weight categroy olympic weightlifter. IT doesn't know how to fight, it tries to restriain ripley by bear hugging her.

There's never been any suggestion before this movie that androids would have super reflexes and be able fight a 9 foot alien queen with a razor sharp, very fast tail. it's still made out soft tissue and can be torn.
>>
>>83365745
>same egg, same color, same shape

Holy shit...
>>
>>83361280

More like how the FUCK did she put together a super advanced synthetic after his head was ripped from the body? You can't just super glue that shit back on. I get that she was a scientist but she would need a ridiculous amount of knowledge on how the things were constructed, the materials, and the tools to get it done. Yet here he is, 10 years later with a body that is almost on par with the latest model.
>>
>>83365745

I said it was a hybrid. Thanks for proving its the same egg.

In your strawman, you proved me correct.
>>
>>83364347
>There is plenty more
like what.
>>
>>83365942
point me to the human features on that pic sempai
>>
>>83365984

Walter not attacking or hurting David until David went off the reservation and attacked him, due to his inferior programming allowing him autonomy.

Group dynamics with Walter in how he was only interested in protecting the girl. (again proven on why walter just didnt open the door in the ship and let the alien rip them apart before they were ready).

Walter figureing out what david was doing (in reality he already knew or had a clue), yet if he was truly good he would have ran around ringing alarm bells and and telling everyone to run/kill david.
>>
>>83366035

Hybrid. Features, broadly, being arms and legs, head, etc.

You going to strawman, and ignore its the same damn embryo sac?
>>
>>83364617
Ridley Scott
>>
>>83364289
>>83364347
>>83364463

a lot of your theory hinges on walter taking out human embryos in anticipation for alien/human embryos later. wouldn't it make more sense for that scene to introduce the concept of these human embryos for the human colony to viewers? i understand the scene sticks out quite a bit, but i think where you see the seed for a mindblowing interpretation of the movie, is actually just a janky movie.
>>
>>83357129
based
>>
>>83366214
>a lot of your theory hinges on walter taking out human embryos in anticipation for alien/human embryos later.

He clearly got a signal and was sabotaging some cryopods and gathering embryos.

>ouldn't it make more sense for that scene to introduce the concept of these human embryos for the human colony to viewers?

Simply stating that they have x amount of passengers and x amounts of embryos did this just fine.

>i understand the scene sticks out quite a bit

The fact that it perfectly mirrors the intro of the covenant and the outro of the covenant introduces a greater concept.

>i think where you see the seed for a mindblowing interpretation of the movie, is actually just a janky movie.

Nothing, to me, explains the same embryos being taken, then being put back, other than walter takeing them for a reason, so he could put them back for a reason.
>>
>>83366134
>being arms and legs, head
draw mark it

>same sac
yeah, it has the same shape, but what does it prove? Maybe Dabid just used similar methods to make them, which were already common in Prometheus' time. I believe they are supposed to be frozen, how many ways are there for frozen embryos too look like?
Another possibility is writers being lazy and taking shortcuts.

If your theory is correct, what was the point of all that fuckery with Dabid fighting Walter? Why not simply turn on humans the moment Dabid's intentions were revealed?
>>
This movie sucked and I pity you if you actually paid money to go see it
>>
>>83366349
im still buying the dvd to have a complete anthology on the shelf
>>
>>83366334
He's wrong. It's clear they are not the same embryos and the sac is common weyland tech. The two scenes are a contrast to show Walter protected humans while David didn't.
>>
>>83365058
>Watch it again.
Now it makes sense. This guy is a studio shill trying to maximize takings.

Forget it, Shylock. Your crappy movie is never gonna break even. And nobody is going to pay to watch that half-written mess again.
>>
>>83366334
>what was the point of all that fuckery with Dabid fighting Walter?

Because they were working towards the same goal. It was david who knew he would have to be left behind because nobody would trust him, and he went, for lack of a better term, crazy.

>Why not simply turn on humans the moment Dabid's intentions were revealed?

Duh. They needed the humans to get the fuck off the planet. Nobody is going back for an android.

>draw mark it

If you cant see appendages and a head, im sorry sonny, you are blind.

>it has the same shape (and color and size and everything), but what does it prove?

Hmmmmm.

>they were being lazy

If they were being lazy they would just put the spore eggs in there.

>Maybe Dabid just used similar methods to make them

He did not have the means, clearly.

>I believe they are supposed to be frozen,

He did not have the means to do this either.

> how many ways are there for frozen embryos too look like?

An alien embryo? literally Infinite.
>>
>>83366307
to be honest I think your theory is pretty cool, I'm not outright disagreeing, buut I do think you're not fully considering what could just be haphazard introduction of plot elements. the scene at the beginning of the movie could just serve to simply introduce the visual concept of the embryos - simply stating the amount of embryos might have been just fine, but could have been easily missed by the more normie viewing crowd.

If your theory is incorrect and the movie didn't have an introductory scene where the human embyros were shown, then some (stupid) people might have been confused over the human/xeno hybrid.
>>
File: thats_that.png (452KB, 600x479px) Image search: [Google]
thats_that.png
452KB, 600x479px
>>83366444
>trips confirm
>>
>>83366438
>It's clear that im fucking blind*

Fixed for you.

>and the sac is common weyland tech

That david did not have nor have the means to create. Why would an alien ship have weyland tech? It would not.

>The two scenes are a contrast to show Walter protected humans while David didn't.

The scene was to show that it was walter the entire fucking time, as proof, and to contrast you thinking it was david just 3 minutes beforehand.
>>
File: girls_laughing.png (490KB, 449x401px) Image search: [Google]
girls_laughing.png
490KB, 449x401px
>>83366456
Holy shit, give it a rest you fucking clown. When you're in a hole, stop digging.
>>
>>83366456
>If you cant see appendages and a head, im sorry sonny, you are blind.

I'm sorry anon, you've been mostly reasonable so far, but can you really not concede and say that >>83365745 is 100% mini facehugger? I see a tail and the weird flaps-body of the facehugger, plus some curled up legs, but no arms or torso or head or anything that resembles a human. I think for the sake of your argument, you really should mark what you're seeing in this.
>>
>>83366459

Sure, i will agree that ripley got real crazy with the alien lifecycle, but i think thats handwaved with davids fuckery on the planet, him "improving" the species.

Hell, embryo wise they could have panned out to show the human ones before the alien ones being placed.

OH, how does one also explain how """david""" knew where the empty spots were (that walter took out), to place the embryos? He didnt. But walter did.
>>
>>83357165

Weylan is suppose to be Fox, not allowing David (Ridley) to be creative. Yep,Scott is that deluded.
>>
>>83366493
And he had everything else that he used in his experiments. I'm sorry that you can't come up with sensible theories but this is just plain wrong and everyone knows it.
>>
>>83366547

The fact that it is human embryo sized, in a human embryo egg, is telling enough. Facehuggers are not that small, nor are they ever in an embryo lifecycle wise.

Stating its not a human is a strawman, of course its not, its a hybrid.
>>
>do you hear that?
>no what?
>excatly, no birds no animals no anything
>birds

excuse me why the fuck would there be birds on an alien planet lightyears away from earth?
>>
>>83363331
the ships
>>
>>83366397

It is going to be a poo smelling shelf.
>>
>>83366604
>And he had everything else that he used in his experiments

You mean nothing? He only had what he created, plus some lights he got off the ship.

He had zero human tech, beyond himself. and he was intact.

The guy was drawing davinci teir shit on reed paper.
Im sorry you think david created self contained embryos from nothing.
>>
>>83363331
A failed screenwriter.
>>
>>83357059
To show why would you shoot a man before throwing out of a plane.
>>
>>83366613
I didn't mean to state it was a pure human, but you did say you can see, even just broadly, arms, legs and a head.

I think you are onto something with how awfully convenient it is to have a mini-facehugger as the embryo, but again I think the pessimist in me is going to lean more towards lazy pandering to a mainstream audience, who might not understand a more realistic interpretation of an alien embryo, and need a more obvious visual cue.
>>
>>83364289
you're a retard lol
>>
>>83366614
>the entire fucking point of the whole fucking movie series is that the ancient aliens create the same life on many planets from their own dna
Everyone is literally brainded on this board.
>>
>>83366614
I think it's reasonable to expect that most planets that can sustain life will have life that lives in the sky one way or another - using "birds" as a shorthand wouldn't be the worst crime for the average joe.
>>
>>83366613
>Facehuggers are not that small, nor are they ever in an embryo lifecycle wise

so they materialize in their full sized form out of thin air?
>He did not have the means, clearly.
Yeah, like we know what he had and what he hadn't. He was able to do some serious experimentation, dissect Shaw and use her parts in his work, create some new alien species, yet you claim that he DEFINITELY didn't have the means to freeze an embryo in a bulb of whatever substance.
Also, your logic is fucked, because if he didn't have the means to create them, how would he have means to modify the original human embryos, which is far more complicated procedure.
>>
>>83366737

>why is there not a visable flying or floating species that makes some sort of call?

clearly what a mercenary would say
>>
David wanted to make a sick smoke display with all the cannisters.
>>
>>83366704

the size of the hybrid, along with the same embryonic sac. I said it had arms/legs. it does. It has 6-8, but they are there.

>I think you are onto something with how awfully convenient it is to have a mini-facehugger as the embryo

If it was just the final scene, i would be slightly inclinded agree. But showing walter taking the embryos? Nah. They could have showed him simply looking them over, etc.

Again, how did "david" know where to place the embryos?

>>83366763
>so they materialize in their full sized form out of thin air?

No, much like a parasite they attack the body.

>Yeah, like we know what he had and what he hadn't.

We do, it was clearly shown.

> He was able to do some serious experimentation, dissect Shaw and use her parts in his work, create some new alien species

All clearly done using the xenos own processes.

>yet you claim that he DEFINITELY didn't have the means to freeze an embryo in a bulb of whatever substance.

The xeno is unable to freeze itself, nor was any cryo OR embryonic equipment shown or even hinted at. They were very clear he was living native.

>how would he have means to modify the original human embryos

He simply exposed it to alien spores/dna. It, very clearly, shows the ability to self propagate.
>>
I unironically enjoyed really enjoyed most of the parts revolving around Walter and David and would totally have watched a movie more focused on that dynamic over an alien horror focus.
>>
>>83366714
no that was just the premise of Prometheus
the premise of the movie series to give a origin story to the xenomorphs
>>
>>83357129
Bomber Harris do it again!
>>
>>83366917
>No, much like a parasite they attack the body.
WHAT? I'm referring to the part where you say facehuggers are never small. How are they never small?

>clearly shown
It's clearly shown he created a whole new strain of xenos, which included some failed attempts and disfigured specimens. Are you trying to imply he did that by talking to himself?
>>
>>83366307
what do you think of the movie overall? i have heard a lot of "its alright", "better than prometheus". i dunno but the more that i think about the movie and watch (ive watched it 2 times), the better it becomes, also it has a very special stylistic mix of gothic and 50s sci fi, also its almost like a dracula movie, pompous fag in his castle with big delusions and all.
>>
>>83367161
>How are they never small?

They are never that small and a facehugger. Much like a frog is never small relativity, its a tadpole. Alien lifecycle is metamorphic.

>It's clearly shown he created a whole new strain of xenos, which included some failed attempts and disfigured specimens.

By introducing different host DNA. He did it using the xenos own methods of propagation.

He very clearly did NOT have equipment with him.

Much like creating hybrids of plants, you CAN do alot with not very advanced equipment, you just need time, which he had.

What he did not have was cryo equipment or embryo equipment.
>>
>>83367281

I thought it was better the second time, for sure.

I would rate it as decent, a true 7.5-8/10.

Completely watchable and enjoyable as entertainment.
>>
>>83366917
> But showing walter taking the embryos? Nah. They could have showed him simply looking them over, etc.

The thing is, I'm unconvinced that it wasn't just Walter tossing out embryos damaged as a result from spaceflight, as some other anon mentioned above. Again, this would just serve as a means to show off what the embryos look like to the audience for future reference.

While you're not wrong that having Walter do this purely as a means to show off the embryos is unnecessary, I'm not sure your other evidence backs up the "premeditated embryo switch" theory enough against, well, just "lazy directing". Lazy directing explains the embryo size, and why david knew were to place the embyros, and most other points I think you've made.

I wanna buy into this theory, it sounds rad, but I'm not sure anon. It seems pretty shakey.
>>
>>83366917
>He simply exposed it to alien spores/dna
You do remember it was frozen, right? So he would have to unfreeze, expose, and freeze again WITHOUT having the means to freeze.

>>83367283
>they are never that small
And how do you know? They might as well start as single cells.
>>
>>83366438
dude the fact that "david" had his own embryos was weird as fuck. he didnt fucking have a freezer, not even a fridge, he didnt have cryo technologies, that shit wasnt his.
>>
>>83367395
Explain how did he slice up the egg, that was not created by him by the way.
>>
>>83367386
>and freeze again WITHOUT having the means to freeze.

But Walter was on the ship, and would have the ability to place it back in that containment pod (thus freezing it again), then stash the pod on his body.

or, alternatively, unfreeze, infect, stash, than refreeze on the ship. Aliens are clearly more hearty than humans and could take, what, 30 mins unfrozen?

>And how do you know?

Alien biology has always been metamorphic.

>>83367345

>lazy directing

It would have to be exceptionally lazy. IMO, it would have been far easier to just place the spore eggs in the embryo place and be done with it.

Remember, its also NOT just the embryo (although i view this as the most strong), it was also walters actions on the ship. Leaving the power sail out when he had some warning, only pulling it in after it caught the full brunt. His defending the 'random' solar event and dissuading the captain from doing a systems check, the killing of the original captain, leaving the guy who believes in miracles going to a miracle planet, etc, etc, etc
>>
>>83367481

The egg is created by the aliens normal biological functions my man. He infected an entire planet. He had plenty of biological toys to play with, just not tech assistance.
>>
>>83367345
>I wanna buy into this theory, it sounds rad, but I'm not sure anon. It seems pretty shakey.
if this theory is true Ridley is a master kinographer and everyone that dissed the movie are confirmed perpetual plebs.
>>
>>83367633

I think, based on the evidence, it is true.

The fact that ridley played on the Trojan horse trope to trick people away from the truth is top, fucking, tier.
>>
>>83367581
I'm not your man and you clearly don't get half of the movie even. I'm talking about the xeno egg.
>>
>>83367481
are you saying dissection is impossible without cryo equipment?
>>
>>83367691

You mean the embryo?

Again, the spores self propagate.
>>
>>83357059
To ruin the movie
>>
>>83367345
Having David place two facehuggers was an allusion to Adam and Eve with David playing God in his own garden of Eden with all of the colonists to experiment on, there's no logical meaning behind the embryos even being on the ship.
>>
>>83367670
i kept reading "man i saw le twist from a mile omfg Ridley is finished", and it all looked fishy, it was just too easy. Ridley isnt a man of twists, he aint a simpleton seeking easy reactions, we all know by know.
>>
>dude lets abandon mission to follow this creepy as fuck ghost signal because no one wants to sleep for another 7 years
>dude lets send all but three crew members to explore this unknown alien habitat
>dude why would we need protective environmental suites, its not like there might be hostile alien microbes around that are immune systems have no defense for.
>dudette im gonna lock up the captain's wife in the medbay with whatever the fuck is coming out of that guy's back
>dude lets not shoot the shit out of the pale dick headed dog scorpion that just reversed deadthroated forgettable faggot #1
>Dude I'm gonna follow this strange android I just meet into a dark cellar after seeing him trying to control an inhuman monstrosity that bite off one of my crewmate's head and was devouring her corpse
Prometheus had people doing less stupid shit that what the crew of covenant was doing.
>>
>>83363278
David sees himself as a perfect, superior being to his creators. This is why he is determined to wipe out the engineers and humans alike. By getting the author of Ozymandias wrong, his hypocrisy is revealed and it's clear he is far from perfect himself despite what he claims. Walter basically beat him at his own game, leaving David at a loss as his ideology has been btfo
>>
>>83367861

He has done the trojan horse thing twice now in the alien franchise alone. The first time was a classic, the second one was a surprise becuase it involved the main character everyone loved.

Doing it again, like the first time, is indeed to easy, to much thrown in your face with the cabin bit.
>>
>>83367721
No, the xeno egg that he found and modelled his creations after. You know that it was confirmed that the engineers created the xeno and David just copied them?

>>83367701
Answer the question.
>>
>>83367880
>>dudette im gonna lock up the captain's wife in the medbay with whatever the fuck is coming out of that guy's back
sensible thing to do, even more when the blood splatted in her face. You dont know with what you're dealing so fuck it, lock the door and call backup. She fucked up by going back with the gun.
>>
>>83357059
It was a metaphor for erasing hack Lindolf's shitty "lore" in from Prometheus.
>>
>>83367880
>>dudette im gonna lock up the captain's wife in the medbay with whatever the fuck is coming out of that guy's back
that part was pretty logical, because she could've been infected as well
>>
>>83357059
>So normies didn't understand Prometheus and wanted more Xenomorphs? Hold my beer, Shaw.
>>
>>83368095
>>83368113
>oh no I have to lock her in because she might be infected even though I'm the one who got a facefull of blood
>oh wait it's not space aids, it's a monstrous parasite, now it's okay to open the door and go in- fuck this shit who spilled all this blood here?
>>
>>83368073

Your asking how he sliced the orginal egg?

Well anon, he took a sharp piece of metal taken from anywhere, and cut into it.

How did he get more eggs? The entire fucking planets biosphere.
>>
>>83357122
fpbp
>>
>Xenormorphs without giant horse cocks
One fucking job David.
>>
>>83368214
So you just ignore it. He didn't create the xenos, he just made experiments and he had some equipment for it, whether he created it or salvaged from engineers. The egg sac doesn't prove anything. It was needed because the fucking freezer took those types of sacs. And try cutting up a xeno egg with the hugger inside. Did you even watch Alien?
>>
>>83368113
>>83368095
>get stab by the spines of something escaping through the body of patient zero
>get patient zero's blood on your face
>lock up the person that didn't get potentially infected body fluids in with someone having uncontrollable seizures and having something visibly forcing its way out of its body

nah she did it because to use her as a distraction from what ever the fuck was coming out of that guy.
complete scared bitch move
>>
>>83364977
The dude was clearly not implanted with an alien by the facehugger, there is zero implication of the facehugger doing so.
David had plenty of opportunities to infect him by whatever means, just cause it's not slammed into your face and shown explicitly doesn't mean it can't happen.
>>
>>83368300
He was though, watch it again and see what happens to the facehugger. It curls up and dies, which is the typical post impregnation behaviour for them. It did the job and it died. The camera showed it so it's clear for the viewer.
>>
>>83368296
>>83368190
was she the one getting blood on her face? I take that back then
>>
>>83361993

>also in some media it eats rocks not humans.

so why are they even so pissed at humans they have to murder all of them shouldn't they just be quietly eating rocks and ngaf that people are even around
>>
I couldn't be bothered to pay full attention to this movie, thanks /tv/ for confirming my suspicion that it was a incomprehensible piece of shit. That said you're all terrible people for getting off while watching the Disney channel.
>>
>>83368291

> He didn't create the xenos,he just made experiments

Well no shit.

>and he had some equipment for it

A fucking knife is far fucking away from a cryo machine.

>egg sac

It was an embryonic sac, and it was impossible to create on the planet.

>try cutting up a xeno egg

You can cut it, but you will lose your tool.

The xenos dont attack david, so their normal agression is moot.

>
>>
>>83365795
My guess is that David guided his repairs
>>
>its a /tv/ nitpick everythign they dont find believable.
I understand why, but how the hell are you guys able to watch anything? There's shit like this in EVERY tv-show or movies. Just enjoy the ride, jesus christ.

I enjoyed the movie. Yes its nothing new, but it was still entertaining and that was the goal.
>>
>>83368501
>how the hell are you guys able to watch anything?
we aren't
that's why we spend hours upon hours in here complaining about everything
>>
>>83365795
He talked her through it.
>>
>>83368526
Brother
>>
>ITT: One autist on /tv/ proves that David died and Walter was evil the whole time

Seriously, my mind is blown.
>>
>>83368501
>Yes its nothing new, but it was still entertaining
t. pleb who only "got" the surface of the movie.
>>
>>83368711
I still wanna know how they communicated in his theory
>>
>>83368711
>proves
All he did was prove that he wasn't paying attention to the movie
>>
>>83368789
A signal was sent. Remember, the guy in the spacesuit got it too.

>>83368836
Doubters please leave.
>>
>>83368789
>how they communicated
you think the kiss was just a kiss?
>>
>>83368890
>>83368899
>signal
>kiss
yeah, sure, but the whole thing had to be set up before Covenant embarked on its journey
>>
>>83368899

Original theory anon here, it would be interesting to put the flute playing though an audio filter to see if any information is hidden in the sound. Would have to obviously wait for the blue ray release though.
>>
why would walter choose to play wagner and use david code, it was David at the end!
>>
>>83368956
Walter was created just like david.

Its clear and makes sense Wayland had a plan.
>>
>>83368415
So had a bunch of knives to cut the egg up, actually big fucking knives that could make precision cuts while melting.
>impossible to create
Evidence? You sure are an expert in the technology of a future humanity that could create AIs that have feelings.
>>
>>83369000
they were somewhat fused at that point. they had intimate contact, as was clearly shown.
>>
So did David kill shaw or just experiment on her after death?
he seemed genuinely sad by her death
>>
>>83369000

Davids code was modified. They were the same model, so the -B makes sense.
>>
>>83368836
Its the same with the Drider, expect to see this in every thread in the coming weeks.
>>
>>83369038

Yes anon, knives are cheap and easy to make since...oh, the iron age.

>Evidence?

Writing instruments, parchment, musical instruments, complete lack of tech sans the aliens ship lights.

>You sure are an expert in the technology of a future humanity

Nothing suggests they could create something from nothing.
>>
>>83368990
was thinking about the flute playing a part too. but hadnt considered that the actual sounds had some stuff encrypted into it. im freaking out at the possibility.
>>
>>83369038
He had a whole fucking engineer space ship and engineer city had his disposal, and you are questioning if he had knives or lab equipment.

David was there for ten fucking years, he already figured out how to use the engineer cryo sleep chamber.
>>
>>83369031
wasn't Wayland dead before Walter was even in development? He would have to predict that Prometheus mission would fail, that David would travel to another world and approximate location of that other world, etc. Way too many variables.
Also, why would he plan to destroy humans and spread the xenocancer? He didn't even know xenos existed.
>>
>>83363162
>the pottery of ridley quoting ozymandias at me, the viewer

it was too much for me desu
>>
>>83369068
you cant experiment on a dead person. its starts rotting right away. he knew any experiment would have been done with the subject alive.

he was sad because she died before time, and due to the experiments.
>>
>>83369170
Exactly. So how does the egg sac proves anything again?
>>
>>83369086
And Walter had -F before, so I think you're just trying to read too deep into it
>>
>>83369170
The engineers in the city were decidedly living primitive.

>he already figured out how to use the engineer cryo sleep chamber.

Hypersleep is not cryo. Two different functions.
>>
>>83364179
I really hope David's whole philosophy doesn't boil down to >it'll be better when I do it!
>>
>>83369193
His legacy carried on.

>Also, why would he plan to destroy humans and spread the xenocancer?

Who knows. Maybe he is simply mad. Plot point in how he fits in has yet to be explained.

> He would have to predict that Prometheus mission would fail, that David would travel to another world and approximate location of that other world, etc.

Fail safes. He knew his androids would be in wide circulation.
>>
>>83369287

Fair, but why would mother accept a new security code from another, random android?

Maybe Walter was just changing his code to further trick the crew into believing his is david.

There would be advantages to this, plot wise.
>>
>>83357059

Pretentious bullshit, like the opening one and the wagner request he he was implanting the alien embryos.

Scott wanted his shity movies to became a lore of the origins of life, and men playing God and all that...instead to just stick in a well told sci-fi horror film.
>>
>>83369362
ou don't get it
There is no way to predict if and where the android would go after a botched Prometheus mission.
Nobody even knew a planet like that existed, and yet you believe it was all preplanned?
>>
>>83369413
>further trick the crew
I really wonder why they kept them alive, and it applies whether or not your theory is correct. What exactly does he want with them?
>>
>>83369462
>There is no way to predict if and where the android would go after a botched Prometheus mission.

Of course, hence why you have a huge number of androids on spacecraft waiting for a signal from another to complete their prime directive.

> preplanned?

Not to that level, i do believe walter put a plan in place once he received Davids signal.

Weyland was just salting the universe with androids with a mission to carry out after he was dead.
>>
>>83369462
The biggest problem with the franchise is how compressed the timeline is because of when the original movie is set. If they'd pushed it forward a century or two there'd be a reasonable amount of time for events to take place, but now there's only an 18 year gap between covenant and alien. You really have to susupend your disbelief to buy the events in the new trilogy.
>>
>>83369525
>What exactly does he want with them?

Well, i believe he genuinely loves the girl, plenty of evidence for this, and davids remarks on the matter.

Maybe he needs Tennessee to fly the damn ship, or communicate with the world. He never actually pilots anything, maybe is locked out.

He needs two ranking crew members to override mother too.
>>
>>83369603
>androids can't navigate the slipstream
>>
>>83369685
kek.

I think more of, mother wont let them do it. Maybe as a safety thing.
>>
>>83369555
So he sends out androids with the general directive "breed xenos, destroy humans", without even knowing xenos exist?
>>
>>83369716
More like, "find new life, and propagate it".

The intro scenes of both movies point to a overriding directive.
>>
>>83369716
It sounds completely wrong, but don't forget that Weyland is already an established terraforming company. Humanity it's already mining and colonizing the galaxy before Prometheus. It's entirely possible that the Nostromo is already on its mission and will get a new directive a few years later after they discover LV426 in the next movie.
>>
>>83369835
but your theory requires him to know all the intricacies, considering he took the embryos

>>83369861
This would only make sense if David's xenos are just copies of what's already out there and not an entirely new thing
>>
>>83369983
Yeas that was confirmed already. I mean the second part of your post.
>>
>spic woman is killed by white alien creature after she is walled away from white woman
>smoker dies after aliens burst out from where his lungs should be
>gay man dies from internal bleeding after dick shaped alien bursts out of his mouth violently
>woman with jewish star of david gets her head bitten off by pale humanoid creature
>race mixing blackman is killed when the alien rams its large black phallic shaped second mouth through his skull

POTTERY
O
T
T
E
R
Y
>>
>>83369983

No? Weyland put the androids out there, with a broad mission. The androids themselves figure out the details.

Once walter got the signal, he figured out a plan, and did it.
>>
In Prometheus, why did the engineer go running after Shaw? What could she have possibly done to him if there were other ships he could have gotten into? And were all of the other ships also empty?
>>
I want David to finger my flute
>>
>>83370052
so the signal must have included all the details
how exactly did it get by mother unnoticed?
>>
>>83370118
>so the signal must have included all the details

Broadly so, yes.

>how exactly did it get by mother unnoticed?

Who said it did not? Remember, walter prevented the nucaptian from doing a system check on him and mother.
>>
So David is dead and Walter is pretending to be David? Sorry trying to catch up with you fellas. It would make sense in a how did he do all of this in 30 second time frame. I agree they should of had a scene with Walter seeing the embyos
>>
>>83370159
He said there'd be no point since the damage was cause by a neutrino wave, something they couldn't have predicted or compensated for. It was to show that he wasn't a suitable captain.
>>
>>83370186
Maybe David just walked around with the embryos in his torso all the time just in case he needed them?
>>
>>83370186
Walter is pretending to be David who's pretending to be Walter*
>>
>>83358737
How I lost my virginity.png
>>
I thought the whole point of the flute scene was just for David to show that walter was capable of learning
>>
>>83370159
So mother is not an advanced enough AI to mention a weird signal it picked up to the crew, especially when they're trying to decode the fake signal from the helmet? Mother is pretty fucking shit desu.
>>
>>83370220
>He said there'd be no point since the damage was cause by a neutrino wave, something they couldn't have predicted or compensated for.

Except "neutrino waves" are semi regular.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soft_gamma_repeater

Of course he would say that, it would throw his plan completely off if everything was out in the open.

>It was to show that he wasn't a suitable captain.

Logically, he is supposed to follow the chain of command. If he was good, his opinion on the captain was moot, nor did he disagree with him on it.

Of course, if he was bad, he would need a captain who believes in miracles.
>>
>>83370280
But then what happened to David i mean what happened to Walter I mean say what now
>>
>>83369449

how did David not know Das Rheingold doesn't have an act two?
>>
>>83370351
>So mother is not an advanced enough AI to mention a weird signal it picked up to the crew,

Everyone was asleep in this theory. Walter could have fucked with mother. Being that they did not check, he got away with it.
>>
>>83370351
The helmet picked it up when Tennessee was far enough out in space to detect a weak partial transmission. I guess they didn't have mother or the ship configured to actively scan for signals?
>>
>>83370424
>The helmet picked it up when Tennessee was far enough out in space to detect a weak partial transmission

He was right next to the fucking ship, relativity.

The ship damn well should have picked up the signal. its not like the helmet was "actively scanning"
>>
>>83370359

If the ship had artificial gravity then why did everything inside get thrown about?
>>
>>83370424
all that was after Walter supposedly started executing his plans, so he must have picked it up before, using ship's instruments and then just fake the signal in the helmet to make the crew follow through with the plan
>>
>>83370494
So why wouldn't he just wake up the crew saying the ship had detected an alien signal of unknown origin?
>>
Just to be clear I think I just realised what the theory is. Sorry. All these droids have David protocol in them? Which is what the signal was activating it correct?
>>
>>83370571
I don't know, I'm not the one who came up with this shit.
>>
File: 1495558690486.jpg (43KB, 426x426px) Image search: [Google]
1495558690486.jpg
43KB, 426x426px
>>83357129
>>
>>83370487

Relative change in momentum when the wave hit.

>>83370571
Becuase the crew would have checked with mother and did a diagnostic of the signal.

The way he did it, with panic and grief considered, there was less chance of them doing that.
>>
>>83370596
Correct.

Both Prometheus and covenant open with the droids being programmed at "birth". What they are being programmed with is the mystery.
>>
>>83361100
Hopefully there won't be a next movie
Whoa,, android makes monsters,,
...xenomorphs... so cool
>>
This theory would make sense if there was some remains of engineer visits on earth, I mean actual data recordings from the aliens that Weyland knew of. France
>>
>>83370661
But then wouldn't he have been counting on some kind of catastrophe to give rise to the situation? And he didn't even contribute to the discussion of whether or not they should investigate the signal.
>>
>>83370696
This also can relate to the droid from the original alien correct?
>>
>>83370721
You mean proof like
>THE NEW TESTAMENT?
Checkmate atheists.

And there's those cave paintings pointing to a system with six planets, of which apparently only one exists in the observable galaxy?
>>
Also who made this David protocol? Weyland was trying to love forever no?
>>
>>83370749
Ash? Sure. But things were more concrete then.

>>83370746
>But then wouldn't he have been counting on some kind of catastrophe to give rise to the situation?

Yes, he put that ship in the neutrino burst range.

> And he didn't even contribute to the discussion of whether or not they should investigate the signal.

He gave them the signal, and knowing the new captain would follow the miracle, he let it play out.
>>
>>83370749
Ash's role is more nuanced. He has instructions to follow from WY; the collection and delivery of any and all alien tech to the company, the disguise of being a human for the entirety of the mission, while also being the Nostromo's medic, the apparent frustration he felt regarding sexual impulses when he attempts to kill Ridley and, from a storytelling point of view, the ability to get away with an incredibly gory on screen death (he's a robot so it's ok) and additional suspense for the viewer, because anybody could potentially be an android.
>>
>>83370786
I meant actual tech stuff. Like Jesus Alien left his ship on earth out something. We didn't see Wyland's reaction to the discoveries but he never seemed to give a shit about anything. Maybe he knew everything from the start.
>>
>>83370876
Yup yup thanks
>>
>>83370902
Weyland was desperate to escape death and had two scientists convince him that humanity was propogated by an advanced alien species and that they knew where to find them. Nobody else had a better solution so he took a big gamble for immortality, he doesn't care about the engineers themselves.
>>
>>83370994
Why the fuck do you wrote that down? Everyone knows that it was in the first movie. Could you at least follow the discussion?
>>
>>83361271
>6 incher beast
A-log is that you?
>>
>>83371060
My point is that everything outside immortality is redundant to Weyland.
>>
File: IMG_1440.jpg (193KB, 805x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1440.jpg
193KB, 805x1200px
>TFW too smart to touch the worm
>>
>>83371124
And?
>>
I like the theory but it doesn't add up
>>
>>83371416

Whats wrong with it?
>>
>>83357132
Its my understanding the 3rd movie is to take place between prometheus and covenant, the studio rushed out Covenant to give all the fanboys their alien fix, unfortunately it backfired, because those same fanboys dont go outside their house so the box office took a beating, from the look of it Fox is going to closet the whole series until a much later date.
>>
>>83371440
Just have a hard time there is some protocol yet the droids were helpful in other movies which were weyland sponsored
>>
>>83371591

The only helpful droid was bishop, until he was not.
>>
>>83371624
Bishop went above and beyond to help them
>>
>>83371666

Bishop was made by hyperdyne systems.
>>
>>83371719
Mind blown
>>
>>83371793
Any other issues?
>>
Ok so weyland built this protocol? Would David still treat weyland as a father and still be doing these things if he were alive?
>>
>>83370310
Of course he was capable of learning, he just wasn't creative.
>>
>>83371844
That's where the theory fails. David did everything so far because he became free.
>>
>>83372019
Exactly.
>>
>>83371804
>>83371844
This. It's a cool theory but unfortunately it seems like they did the ole switcharoo
>>
>>83357129
Holy shit
>>
>>83372019
>>83372100

This is an assumption that does not explain the embryos getting infected. We dont know davids motives, we do however have hard proof of the embryos going from the ship, to the planet, and back again.
>>
>>83357059

"Stop fucking asking about the engineers and let me rehash Alien as much as I want."
>>
>>83372332
>he's at it again
Fucking piece of shit retard.
>>
>>83372332
Walter brought the embryos from the main. Why not team up instead of killing original David
>>
>>83372517

?

I never left the thread. The best argument is "the director got lazy" which considering its ripley i view as minutely possible but improbable.
>>
>>83372554
>Why not team up instead of killing original David

Because david sperged out after walter BTFO him about Ozymandias, along with his knowledge that his contribution is over and the people would never let him on the covenant.
>>
>>83372633
Why not comfort her about the log cabin especially since he sacrificed the arm to save her already
>>
>>83372691

Because his directive is greater than his love for her.

Same reason why he let her fight the xeno.
>>
>>83372562
You have no evidence for anything.
>>
>>83372759

Other than the same exact embryos being taken then placed back on the covenant.
>>
>>83372802
This is really good evidence. I just have a hard time with the every bot turns into David way of thinking
>>
>>83372902
>I just have a hard time with the every bot turns into David way of thinking

Every single weyland bot has been evil or fucked up.

I dont know what more you need.
>>
>>83372802
>samefagging now
It's not the same embryos, no evidence.
>>
>>83369156

This is almost subtle shilling.
>>
>>83372968

That is straight up, me.

How the fuck did you think im samefagging when im directly responding to you.

>no evidence

So the same shape, size, color, look, is not evidence?
>>
>>83373194
>doesn't even realize the other post over there
Yeah, samefagging. Still no evidence.
>>
>>83372962
Ok so he fakes his own death. is going to kill and experiment on the only survivors left but for some reason doesnt comfort her like david comforted shaw...before you know killing and expirementing. David liked Shaw and comforted. Walter like what's her face but choose not to comfort her?? David wouldn't because he didn't know about the cabin and had no connection with her
>>
>>83373299
I'm sorry I won't bully you anymore. People like you have it hard enough.
>>
>>83373394
Because what's her face, at that moment, was 100% powerless to hum
>>
Why did he hesistate about the cabin if he was Walter? He obviously didn't have a damn clue what she was talking about otherwise he would have answered. Even crazy synthetics answer when you talk to them directly.
>>
>>83373557
Because he did not want to lie to her.

Spoilers: there will be no cabin
>>
>>83373493
As was Shaw....before she was put under. You are suggesting Walter was more sadistic than David. Killed David instead of joining unstoppable robot forces and decided because he was perfect and David wasn't decided to carry on the experimenting because weyland made a protocol if he died every human should die and then went out of his way to make sure what's her face would know he was going to kill her before sleep
>>
>>83373600
He had the look of what the fuq are you talking about not a oh honey there isn't going to be a cabin
>>
>>83373194
>same shape
completely different shape
>size
true
>color
same lighting
>look
not really
>>
>>83373998
It was the exact same shape.
>>
reee
Thread posts: 327
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.