[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Realistically, how long would something like the Truman Show

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (139KB, 486x720px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
139KB, 486x720px
Realistically, how long would something like the Truman Show last IRL before it would get cancelled over human rights concerns?
>>
>>83349323
>straight
>white
>male
>implying this nazi has any rights
>>
>>83349323
Probably wouldn't even make it past development.
>>
I've been doing something like this with my son for a couple of years now. The big mistake they made was airring it live.
>>
what human right is violated though? you could argue the ethics behind it but what legal right is being infringed upon?
>>
Watch Reality Show
>>
You know, the 1950s kind of setting of Seahaven Island was comfy as fuck, but I feel like they could've made it easier to keep him caged up if they did a high fantasy kind of setting.

>Establish lore as to why the world is a dome, you could even just make it something as simple as "The Gods made it that way because."
>Say the protestors coming in telling him he's on TV are just fallen angels or demons in human disguise, trying to deceive him
>Pull off some bullshit with illusions or lights to make him believe in magic, and therefore would end up believing any of the above shit.

It would also be hype as fuck so you could see how the 'Truman' in this case would react to orc raids or in awe at the sight of the aforementioned "magic."
>>
>>83349894
There were probably legal regulations that he had to have a U.S. public education, which would exclude keeping him in some fictional alternate universe.
>>
>>83349323
the whole show is a human right.
>>
>>83349323
What do you mean anon? This shit is happening right now on youtube every day with stupid white families making dumb vlogs that cater to the depressed/parentless child market.
>>
>>83349550
Freedom of movement. Truman is consistently being prevented from leaving his hometown by either lying to him or playing with his fears.
>>
File: 1467657091603.jpg (7KB, 240x232px) Image search: [Google]
1467657091603.jpg
7KB, 240x232px
>>83349323
as soon as the character went on a racially charged rant when he thought he was alone in his car
>>
>>83350436
He can still leave though, as proved by the ending.
>>
>>83350829
He technically could but he had to deal with someone literally playing god who's ready to purposely try to kill him before that...
>>
>>83350505
They probably wouldn't let ghetto thugs into his artificial world, though, so he'd have no reason to be racist
>>
>>83350829
Eventually escaped =/= allowed to leave
He was imprisoned
They tried to kill him with a storm when he tried to leave by boat.
>>
I wonder if a foreign country would lead a commando raid to free him. That's what I would hope
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.