[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Leftovers s03e07

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 155
Thread images: 12

Holy shit they topped International Assassin

Bravo Linfelof
>>
File: and his indentical twin brother.jpg (134KB, 1599x895px) Image search: [Google]
and his indentical twin brother.jpg
134KB, 1599x895px
every fucking time i start a thread i make either a fucking spelling mistake or type like a retard, Jesus Christ
>>
No, they didn't, but that doesn't mean it wasn't great.
>>
haven't watched yet, is it the best episode so far?
>>
>>83347298
this season, yes
>>
File: 1484604319829.gif (471KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
1484604319829.gif
471KB, 512x288px
>>83347461
definitely
mfw God Only Knows starts playing
>>
*smiles at you*
>>
File: ClqXUgOXIAErg9z.jpg (42KB, 954x566px) Image search: [Google]
ClqXUgOXIAErg9z.jpg
42KB, 954x566px
I still don't understand why they had him fuck Evie in the ghost world. Like, what's the plan, mochaccino half Jesus ghost baby savior? How are they gonna pay that off with only one ep left?
>>
>>83347298
Like always, I've always felt that Matt and his episodes are far beyond the quality of the rest of the show.
>>
So if Kevin didn't believe in the flood thing, then what was he doing all this for?
>>
>>83348410
escapism and meaning
>>
I was just glad to hear the original opening theme played at the beginning. I get that they have this whole meta thing going w/ the opening music, but that theme song is spot on.
>>
>>83347156
I watched this series right up to the international assassin thing. Just had it with these motherfuckers. Is it wort watching beyond that? Spoil me please.
>>
>>83348410
They were all trying to exercise some control over the situation. Sr., John, Lady Aussie all had little faith it it working, but they were doing what they felt they could do. The Christianity inspired bullshit groupthink plan was all they had to cling to. Kevin felt that if they were going to show faith in him, what the hell. He had no reason to not go along with it.
>>
>>83348364
The matt episode in s3 was disappointing, I was hoping at the beginning of the season he would have a storyline with his wife leaving, but I guess she isn't gonna be seen again.
>>
>>83348652
I mean, if International Assassin didn't lock you into the show for good then you're hopeless and it's not for you.
>>
>>83349407
That was the most shitty episode I've seen in a while. Never dropped a series so hard after watching so much. This show just kept going places without giving answers to past ones. Season 2 was horrible in that sense. So really, I think it's better if someone just spoils me, rather than spending another 15 hours watching it.
>>
>>83348652

>>83349407
This. If you don't like the show by that episode (and idk why you would watch that long without liking it) then stop watching.
>>
>>83348410

he's fucked up about leaving Nora
>>
>>83348410
Because he knows he can

If I had the ability to cross over to wherever the hell it is he goes I would do it out of curiosity
>>
>>83349635
The 3 girls didnt depart, they staged it because they're secretly GR members. They pretend they're gonna blow up the bridge into Miracle but its a hoax and chaos erupts. Everyone charges into the town and riots. John shoots Kevin in the chest. He goes back to the hotel and sings karaoke to go back home.

In season 3 all the GR members get blown up by a drone missile. Matt and Michael write a gospel about Kevin because they think hes a holy figure. Nora gets a phone call to come to Australia to go in a machine that will take her to the place where her family went so she does. Kevin comes with her. Then Matt, John, and Michael follow them to Australia because they think Kevin is the messiah and needs to be in Miracle on the 14th of October. Laurie comes along too because she wants to make sure they don't do anything insane. They get there and all go to a ranch with Kevin's dad who thinks the world is about to end. Except Nora and Matt who go to the machine that will take Nora where the departed went. Laurie kills herself. Kevin drowns himself to go to the other place again and when he's there he's been split in two and has to find himself by switching back and forth between the two versions of himself. Then one version cuts the other open and reaches into the heart of the other and pulls out a key that will nuke the entire afterlife (or just Kevin's hallucinatory world if you see it that way). Kevin comes back to life again.
>>
>>83349989
Thank you anon
Any word about the true nature of the hallucinations or their mission? In season 1 he was given some magazine, did they ever come back to that? Also, what about the asian girl and her baby, or all of the black dudes babies for that matter?
>>
>>83349635
so much. It is a kind of dumb series if you think about it. I remember how the bff of Kevin's daughter went and joined the GR and by the end of the season was nowhere to be seen. I asked my friend and she didn't even remember about her, so I figured that would be the rule with this series and just dropped it.
>>
Why do people come into a thread discussing a show just to say they dropped it/didnt like it? Does anyone care?
>>
>>83350419
Aimee didn't join the GR, that's why your fried didn't remember that.
>>
>final episode is Nora POV
wish she would just fuck off and let the mystery be
>>
>>83350217
The black dude was just a psycho who thought he was god. Nora gives the baby back to the asian girl sometime in between seasons 2 and 3. Whether the hallucinations are real or not is left up to interpretation.
>>
>>83350663
>>83350663
wtf...he healed several people. I thought it was a placebo effect, but then he healed Nora who didn't actually knew or had ever heard of him. He even runs into Kevin and they talk about some wish or whatever. All that build up and now he's just a psycho?
>>83350457
Sorry, I didn't mean to derail the thread. Just wanted some spoilers.
>>83350499
Not this guy, but I do remember she went to Lauries' after she left Kevin's house.

Also, what's up with the dog hunter?
>>
>>83351267
So far they've actually left every supernatural element open. The dog hunter gets shot in the head in the first episode of season 3 and comes to Kevin claiming that dogs are turning into people. The show seems to play it off as if the dog hunter is just insane, but he claimed that the dogs can't refuse pbj sandwiches and when he gets shot he's carrying a pbj sandwich as proof which promptly gets taken from the cops investigating the scene by a dog.

Realistically Lindelof doesn't care about the supernatural/mysteries of the show and won't answer whether any of the shit was real/fake, but that was made clear by s2 opening having a chorus that states "let the mystery be."
>>
>>83351267
If you watched Season 2/3 you should know Nora is by no means free of her pain. It was a placebo.
>>
Just a reminder that Kevin's afterlife is all in his head.

>can't get a proper answer from Evie since anything she might say would just be something Kevin made up and easily recognized as such by John
>same thing about the shoes the kids were missing, he doesn't know the answer since he can't know the answer so he comes back with nothing
>same thing with the song

There's no doubt he can come back to life, it's just that the place he goes to is only his personal purgatory where he can only resolve his own issues. Everyone that appears there is just an apparition and not a "real" person.
>>
>>83351480

I think certain things are played as a gag, like the thing with the dog.

It's meant to be unsettling since in the wake of such a bizarre event there would be no doubt various kooks coming out of the woodwork with their version of what happened and what's going on.
>>
>>83347298
I'd say it's about middle of the road for season 3. In other words, pure kino.
>>
>>83351267
>Not this guy, but I do remember she went to Lauries' after she left Kevin's house.

No she didn't.
>>
>>83351665
Birds.
Virgil.
Azrael.
Jeopardy.
God's tongue.
Christopher Sunday.
No nora, no Laurie.
>>
>>83351720
Yea in that particular sense it serves as a bit of humor after this brutal scene has occured, but it also serves to place doubt in our minds about whether there is a group/person that's right about some crazy shit (lens, dogs, kevin=jesus) or whether the entire lot of them is just insane.
>>
>>83351881
Also, not related to purgatory, but there is at least one other proven supernatural occurrence, and thats the season 2 palm readings.
>>
>>83347156
This episode answers the question if Laurie is dead. The answer is no other wise he'd bump into her in assasin land.
>>
>>83348410
He beginning to believein himself I guess, hes becoming neo in the matrix.
>>
>Nora gets in the machine next episode
>Va Pensiero starts playing
>>
>>83347926
this is the other kevin garvey right? the guy that the aussie bitch drowned thinking it was our kevin?

also: do you think patti was really his secretary of defense in that world or was it just because he named her on the questionnaire? I think its the latter
>>
>>83347156
Nah it wasn't as good as International Assassin, but pretty fucking close.
>>
>>83353910
>>Va Pensiero
I smiled like a child when it started playing in the last episode
>>
1>2=3
Show was better before Kevin became jesus.
>>
>>83348410
nothing really mattered
>Eve was a bitch
>fuck the shoes
>there was no song to stop the flood because there wasn't going to be any to begin with
>>
>all these retards thinking kevin can actually die and cross over

it's all in his head.
everything in the show can be explained with science/reason, including the departure.
The series finale will 100% be a happy ending.
>>
>>83356101
he fucking woke up 3 days after he died
crawled out of the goddamn ground like a zombie
what more do you need
>>
My favorite thing about this last episode is that there still isn't an episode summary on Wikipedia because no one can figure out what the fuck happened, much less write a 6-8 sentence paragraph describing the episode.
>>
>>83356159
go watch it again buddy
>>
>>83347156
haven't seen the new episode, but international assassin fukken suqed
>>
File: delet this.jpg (52KB, 640x470px) Image search: [Google]
delet this.jpg
52KB, 640x470px
>>83356229
why do you think so?
>>
>IA is good
b2r I'm sure they love the episode over there
>>
>>83356198
DUDE YOU NEED TO LITERALLY CUT OPEN YOUR OWN HEART TO KNOW WHATS INSIDE OF YOUR HEART LMAO
>>
File: 1496048820035.jpg (709KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1496048820035.jpg
709KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>83347156
No, they didn't
>>
>>83347298
>>83347461
No, Certified is the best episode of the season and the whole series.
>>
Lindeloff is great at creating characters psychological portraits in the most childlish and mongloid ways possible. It's like watching a comic book fan trying to portay realy human beings.
>>
>people think this show is deep
The leftovers is my guilty pleasure schlock tv show lmao.
>>
Great episode but International Assassin is the GOAT
>>
how come laurie didn't show up?

is it because kevin doesn't know she's dead?
>>
>tfw the show ends with Kevin realizing he's been wrong and getting back with Nora
>>
>>83357448
this I thought she would be his Vice president.

Fucking in his head confirmed.
>>
>>83357490
more like Nora rejecting him and him blowing his brains out and dying for real.
>>
>>83347926
>yuh peynus
>>
>>83349635
>expecting answers in a lindelof show
I thought that people would have learned by now,.
>>
>>83357448
She's not dead
>>
>>83357765

oh please
>>
>>83353910
>the entire episode is Gary Busey guiding her
>>
>>83355555

checked
>>
File: carrie coon bath.webm (3MB, 935x720px) Image search: [Google]
carrie coon bath.webm
3MB, 935x720px
>>
File: 1493968074021.jpg (72KB, 456x402px) Image search: [Google]
1493968074021.jpg
72KB, 456x402px
>6969
>>
>>83350457
They just have to make sure that the rest of reddit agrees with them.
>>
>>83356947
Chill out, faggot. Explain the rest of the episode.
>>
>>83357114
is justins big ass dick a running joke in this show or what
also:
>big dick
>handsome
>respectable job
>for some reason marries an ugly bitch like laurie
FOR WHAT PURPOSE
>>
>>83358132
It symbolises yin and yang (white and black kevin), right?
>>
>>83354105
She literally says she's there because Kevin asked her to be there by naming her.
>>
>>83358209
>for some reason gets together with an ugly bitch like Nora
>>
>>83350457
Where do you think you are?
Try to remember that this is a board that constantly talks about how much they hate capeshit.
>>
>>83358891
>Carrie Coon
>ugly
>>
>>83358890

yeah, but you could interpret that as him appointing her as his secretary of defense. not "naming" her outside with the security guard.
>>
>>83358891
Not a loon for the Coon? I know I am.
>>
>>83358891

My dick was diamonds the entire getting shot by the prostitute scene.
>>
>tfw the leftovers are actually the one who departed
>>
File: téléchargement.jpg (11KB, 262x192px) Image search: [Google]
téléchargement.jpg
11KB, 262x192px
This is how it ends Congratulation Kevin
>>
im watching episode 4 and fuck the quality of the show plummeted hard, what is this clusterfuck?
>>
>>83348696
Wtf. That was the storyline. She left, that's why you don't see her.
>>
>>83351665

Only thing I don't get is seeing his dad on the television.
>>
>>83359609
I can see this happening.
>>
File: 1416159341743.png (450KB, 960x528px) Image search: [Google]
1416159341743.png
450KB, 960x528px
>tfw I've fastforwarded through all eps with the dream/purgatory stories

I just don't like them. I can't suspend my disbelief and I've always disliked them in any movie or series. They're pretentious and just an abstract, but lazy, way to fill an episode. Yet, you can still completely omit them and still completely follow the series.

Love the series, but glad we only have one episode left. Would've loved the series a lot more if the only supernatural thing was the departure itself.
>>
>>83360231
pleb
>>
>>83360231
youre kind of missing the point as the spirital aspect is literlaly the entire focus of the series and concept of what the departure is
>>
>>83360291
No, I disagree.

Season 1 was exactly what I wanted to see: people dealing with the departure. It was spirituality in the sense of dealing with loss, psychosis, coping, depression and such. The strong shift to 'other world'-spirituality wasn't until halfway season 2, and that's when they lost me (if I recall correctly, anyway). If I wanted that, I'd just watch Supernatural instead.

So here's hoping that Kevin is just crazy. That could safe it for me.
>>
why was the fake god dude with the MAGA hat from the ferry who killed the guy suddenly in this episode AND previously in the season 2 purgatory episodes too?
>>
>>83360609
cos he is God duh.

he is everywhere, and he birthed Kevin cos Kev jr is Jesus.

Kev sr is Joseph, Nora is Mary Magdalene, Matt is peter, Laurie is Thomas, John is John, Patti is Judas,the dogs are the Holy Spirit, the guy who fell of the tower was Job, Meg is the devil, Holy Wayne is Abraham, Michael is Matthew, Ericka is larry.

its all bible guys, its so clear its like crystals.
>>
>>83347926
And yuh other peenus
>>
>>83358891
Carrie Poon is hot as fuck.
>>
>>83358209
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W01Mel95ckM
Girls love it.
>>
>>83351910
But in real life dogs love peanut butter, it doesn't really add credibility to his theory.
>>
>>83348410
He was too pussy to kill himself so he was hoping he would die for real and not come back.
>>
>>83358891
delet this
>>
>>83347298
They didn't top International Assassin. It was good, but not the best one yet.
>>
>>83359609
The world of the dead last episode could be foreshadowing this, with how Evey was convinced that her family died and she survived.
>>
>>83360231
To be fair, the newest episode essentially makes fun of the whole purgatory thing. It's so over the top that it pokes fun at itself and pretty much says it was ridiculous to ever believe in it in the first place.
>>
>>83348364
yeh i agree the matt storylines are the best
>>
>>83360291
I don't think that really was the point. I think that has become the point, but it never was meant to be about spirituality. I did like the hotel episodes, but even those were about Kevin's mind, not about spirituality. Those were just meant to throw Kevin into even more confusing inexplicable situations so that we can see Kevin try to deal with all the shit that's going on around him. This season seems weird to me in that they are trying to rationalise the hotel basically and portray it as though there's some chance it was in his head, when really I don't think it was ever about some faith vs. doubt thing. They're trying to turn a show that was about how characters react to inexplicable and confusing situations into some show about religion, and I'm not a fan of that progression.

Even though I liked International Assassin, I do really wish they had committed all the way to keeping it grounded or going off the deep end. Season one was about people dealing with one singular supernatural event, season two was about people dealing with a whole bunch of supernatural events, and season three seems to be about making the viewer question whether anything was supernatural at all. I think after season two it was obvious that the hotel was real, and by trying to "debunk" it in season three they fucked up. Should have just had more weird shit happen this season or never done any weird shit in the first place.
>>
>break up with gf because I didn't thinks she was that attractive thought she looked kind of plain and felt like I was just settling.
>be watching leftovers
>fuck, Nora looks exactly like my ex but an older version.
>Nora's looks start to grow on me as the show goes on and I start to think she is quite attractive.
>look at ex gf Facebook and see that they really indeed look a like.

how badly did I fuck up :(

why couldn't I have appreciated my ex-gf plain Jane beauty at the time?
>>
Now what?
>>
>>83361878
link
>>
>>83361878

The only solution to your conundrum is to cut open the heart of your identical twin brother while he says you fucked up and then trigger a nuclear holocaust
>>
>>83348410
He was doing it to escape his problems
>>
>>83361878
Call her, bro
>>
Why is the flood supposed to be crazy thinking but Kevin has barely acknowledged his immortality and how crazy it is? why does he even have this ability?
>>
>>83350457
they're called cancerous faggots
>>
>>83356071
>>83356071
>>83356071
By Nuking the other world the dimensional rift healed itself, you mong. Remember the rain began in both worlds.

One World's the twilight Zone the other, the reality of the taken. Both worlds were on a collision course. One world had to go.
>>
>>83362251
thats what jesus do
>>
>>83362122

this OP
>>
>>83351665
He doesn't know what Christopher Sunday looks like but had a convo with him.
>>
>>83351720
Kevin also reacts to him in the complete opposite way Laurie explained how to handle somebody with psychotic delusions, and it didn't end well.
>>
>>83357270
also happens to be the same experience as reading your posts
>>
>>83361703
You just explained why the show is about faith, not spirituality

you done fucked up
>>
>>83362871
I was explaining why the show is about characters dealing with their lives. Spirituality and faith do factor into Matt's plotline especially, but the show was never a statement on the validity of either of them, just mentioning them as ways people cope.
>>
>>83358891
Kys tasteless mong
>>
Is this show good? I think I'm gonna watch
>>
>>83360827
Laurie is Judas, like specifically said in last weeks episode. Poisoned the family, then suicide
>>
>>83348696
If you didn't think the entire end sequence and Matt's line at the end of his episode was GOAT, I feel bad for you.
>>
>>83364077
meh eh, its alright don't expect too much
>>
>>83362583
cos theres no way his Dad could have showed him a picture of the guy right?
>>
>>83364077
Very good
>>
>>83365029
I think the argument that he couldn't have known what he sounded like (and also that he couldn't have known what Aussie Kevin Garvey looked and sounded like) is better. It's pretty likely that his dad at least gave him a photo of Sunday so he could look for him in the afterlife.
>>
I JUST WANT TO SEE JILL AGAIN
>>
>>83347461
Nope. Episode 1, 4, or 6 was the best
>>
So many characters and plot lines were dropped
>Tommy's new "powers"
>Wayne granting Kevin a wish
>Kevin fucking Aimee
>The palm reader in Miracle actually being real
>Mary leaving after proving miracles really do happen in Miracle
So much of season 2 feels like a waste of time now that none of it really mattered.
>>
>>83365622
>Tommy's new "powers"
Tommy was making it up to help the GR Support Group recover, they literally said this in the show

He didn't, Wayne was a fraud

>Kevin fucking Aimee
Didn't happen

>The palm reader in Miracle actually being real
He wasn't real

>>Mary leaving after proving miracles really do happen in Miracle
Nothing was proven, she just woke up and left her husband because he's insane and controlling
>>
>>83365788
John Murphy pls go
>>
Sooooo, what about the four women in the car in season 1? That's the only mystery that I wanted an answer for.
>>
>>83347156

No, International Assassin was better.
>>
>>83365877
what are you gonna do? burn my house down?
>>
>>83365622

Kevin wished that his family would be reunited, which is exactly what happens later in the episode (albeit after a great deal of chaos).

Holy Wayne is based
>>
>>83365999

It seems pretty clear that at least some people in the Guilty Remnant had foreknowledge of the Departure
>>
So what's this show about?

When it first came out, it seemed like some really dramatic show about people who had disappeared but I keep seeing comments about it and it seems to have drastically changed.

Worth watching?
>>
>>83366587
Elaborate pls
>>
>>83366610
Do yourself a favor, close this thread and go watch it. It's really really good and you want to go in blind
>>
>>83360231

>Would've loved the series a lot more if the only supernatural thing was the departure itself.

I bet youre the same kind of "person" who thinks season 2 True Detective was shit.
>>
>>83365788
dog man shill detected
>>
>>83365999
random weird women that explains how later, when Kevin got killed/shot in the head from his wife's son, subconsciously created the white wearing crazy people cult in his mind
>>
>>83367023
Not him but I have no idea what you just said

>Kevin got shot in the head
???
>>
>>83365029
>thinking the writers of The Leftovers of all tv shows would leave something that important to a shitty "it happened off-camera" excuse

end yourself
>>
>>83367304
yes, in the first episode. everything that has been happening in the show has been in his head
>>
>>83367339
what
>>
>Final episodes theme is "Let the mystery be"
>Nora decides to not let the mystery be and gets in the machine
>Gets BTFO

really will make me think
>>
>>83348696
The S3 Matt episode was literally the best episode of the series. I rarely see storylines in anything that explore the concept of religious devotion versus pride.
>>
>>83367740
I really loved the Matt talking to "God" scene when he basically told him how selfish he truly was.
>>
>>83348410

So he could be an assassin and a POTUS.
>>
>>83348410
JESUS ON THE CROSS
>>
>>83366610
Lindelof took full control after season one and turned it into Lost 2.0
Thread posts: 155
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.