[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hurry up, del taco.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

Hurry up, del taco.
>>
>Hand creative control of an excellent fantasy mythos to the michael bay of paranormal films

but why
>>
>>83339151
Do not underestimate del toro you fucking mememan
>>
File: 8FPJmFe.gif (2MB, 396x167px) Image search: [Google]
8FPJmFe.gif
2MB, 396x167px
>>83339200
>calls others mememan
>defends the writer of this film
>>
>>83339108
Is he even still trying?

>>83339151
Pan's Labyrinth and The Devil's Backbone aren't Bayish in any way, and neither is Crimson Peak from what I've heard.
Also
>Hand creative control of an excellent fantasy mythos
Nobody can hand the creative control of the Cthulhu Mythos to anybody, because it's basically free open source fiction now.
>>
wut isn't this project on ice and del taco still has to make money movies for the studios because all his last ones didn't bust the block?
>>
Just watch Prometheus.
>>
>>83339200
Del Toro makes these horrible abominations fusing Steampunk with Baroque.

He's one of the reasons the Hobbit films were so garrish and grotesque.

He will be terrible for Lovecraft. The man has no sense of understatement.
>>
>>83339151
This. It's sad that many Lovecraft fans, knowing that modern Hollywood will never ever make an actually good, faithful Lovecraft adaptation (no, not because they're Jews, but because Hollywood can't make good big budget films any more), have come to see the idea of the mediocre Del Toro helming an adaptation as some sort of good thing just because he actually likes Lovecraft. That's not good enough! Liking the source material doesn't mean shit if you're not a good artist.
>>
>>83339108

Del Toro is too in love with his mosters to adapt Lovecraft.
>>
>>83339510
It's a shame Prometheus was obviously heavily inspired by Mountains, yet ends up being childish in its thematic development.
>>
>>83339510

Fuck no.
>>
>>83339717
The Thing's prequel was better as a Mountains consolation prize.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.