[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Watched it yesterday. What do you guys think of it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: Downfall.jpg (49KB, 426x597px) Image search: [Google]
Downfall.jpg
49KB, 426x597px
Watched it yesterday. What do you guys think of it?
>>
File: 1429763719385.jpg (18KB, 300x265px) Image search: [Google]
1429763719385.jpg
18KB, 300x265px
>>83337647

Down to earth and factual depiction of Hitlers last day.

Not making him a hero or a villain, but showing him as a human.

>inb4 /pol/
>>
Propaganda bullshit to further discredit The Führer
>>
>>83337825
>>>/pol/
>>
>>83337828
It's easily the most objective adaptation of the final days of the war in Europe. People say it's a movie about Hitler but it's just as much about the rest of the German high command and how they dealt with it. Shows what people were really thinking, including peaks into the civilian end of things.
>>
>>83337942
they're all bullshitting to safe their lifes. none of that shit even happened.
>>
>>83337647
I wish I wouldnt have seen a million different "screaming hitler subbed" memes before I saw the movie.
It really took away from what could have been a really intense scene at a pivotal point in the movie.

It was enjoyable otherwise, didnt feel cookie cutter like most hitler movies do.
>>
Check out Ganz's Charlie Rose interview about playing that part.
>>
>>83337825
Yeah, I really appreciate how it didn't try to balance him as a character (showing him being good and bad) but just showed him as a human being.

I think some of the scenes were overly-sentimental, but not so far to be obnoxious. It wasn't a Spielberg movie or something but if it was shot like The White Ribbon or something I would have fucking loved it, but oh well. It's hard to look at any other actor try to play Hitler after Ganz.
>>
>>83338046
Goebbels really did sedate his children and give them cyanide while sleeping
A general who was ordered to remain in Berlin really did blow up his family with grenades at dinner
Officers really did commit suicide when called to continue the fight or be shot
Hitler Youth were some of the last on the front lines, which is depicted in the film
Civilians who refused to fight were executed, which is depicted in the film
Iron Crosses were handed out like candy in the final days as incentive to keep going, which is depicted in the film
>>
>>83338150
Same here. It's a weird thing to become a meme, especially when you watch the movie.

But there was still plenty of intense scenes that made up for it. I thought a lot of the civilian stuff was shabby, including the very end, but everything in the bunker was top notch.
>>
>>83338266
I'm talking about Hitler you dunce.

his behavior for example.
Jewish slander to make it appear that Hitler openly stated that he abandoned Germany.

its all bullshit
>>
>>83338410
I don't remember many scenes of Hitler going against jews. He gets angry when his last strategic efforts fail, but he doesn't blame it on the jews.
>>
>>83338475
learn to read
>>
>>83338046
Cry more, nazi. Hitler was one of the worst leaders of all time.
>>
>>83339135
>Hitler was one of the worst leaders of all time.
but the best guy we had.
>>
great movie. next up Look Who's Back
>>
>>83339204
>start reign with a unified state
>end it with a war torn nation divided into two
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.