[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what the FUCK was his problem?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

what the FUCK was his problem?
>>
>>83335310
He was sick of Francis' shit and was sick of protecting him at the academy
>>
>>83335310
enemy transportation
>>
He was a FOBbit that shouldn't have left the Shire.
>>
File: 1495752284657.jpg (132KB, 460x700px) Image search: [Google]
1495752284657.jpg
132KB, 460x700px
>>83335511
This anon gets it. Also gets trips then double dubs
>>
How did he even become a captain is more surprising.

I thought the Muhreens have slow promotions and shiieet or is it only exclusive to enlisted/NCO plebs?
>>
>>83336166
In the officer ranks, Captain is only 3 ranks up from the bottom.
>>
I really thought this guy was Will Ferrel.
>>
>>83336166
Also, wasn't he a reservist? I think rank is easier to make in the reserves. I remember when I was separating from active duty they offered me a reserve or guard spot that was above my rank.
>>
>>83336166
His uncle or some relative pulled some strings for him in officer school
>>
>>83336166
I suppose because his uncle was a full bird colonel they pulled some strings. If you read the Rolling Stone articles Wright said Captain America was a pretty good guy, but he couldn't handle the stress of a battlefield. Maybe he was just good in officer school.
>>
All it takes to make Captain is time in service. They don't have to face any boards or anything until Major.
>>
He got a field promotion for commandeering an enemy AK-47
>>
>>83336738
Wasn't it also unusual for him and some of the other officers to even be in the battlefield since this is a recon group? I think I remember that from the book about how the recon guys used to operate fairly independently of their officers until they were put into humvees and forced to rush into Iraq.
>>
>>83337527
>>83337527
Yes
>>
>>83338088
That's what I thought. The show didn't ever explain it the way the book did afaik. Reading the book made me appreciate the show so much more upon subsequent viewings.
>>
>>83338167
Ok
>>
>>83336166
He was actually only an XO I think.
Captain America was just a nickname.
>>
>>83338395
>XO
Not a rank.
>>
>>83338365
Great discussion, anon. I'm glad you took the time to comment.
>>
>>83338395
Captain Dave McGraw was literally a Captain.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.