[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alternate Franchise Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_5158.png (670KB, 1448x423px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5158.png
670KB, 1448x423px
You can erase every sequel in a franchise from existence so that only the original film remains, unchanged. How would you handle the new first sequel to that film? What different direction would you take the franchise in in comparison to how it really unfolded?

For example, what would you like to see the sequel to Alien do assuming that Aliens and all subsequent films never existed? Talk about other franchises too, this is just an example.
>>
I wouldn't do a sequel to Alien.
>>
>>83324850
Both the terminator and Alien franchise only need to keep the first 2 films and nothing else cinematically speaking
>>
>>83324881
Yup. I can see a reworked Alien 3 working as a sequel directly after Alien though.
>>
have all the really important plot points take place off screen to such an extent that the alien movies don't exist past Aliens. That apparently seems to be the trend.
>>
i would remove every film in the star wars franchise. then film myself taking a dump and call it: "star wars 2"
>>
Have Ripley be found by some deep space excavators and brought back to Earth. The company wants to know why she blew up the Nostromo but no one believes her about the Alien. She is later informed about a colony on LV426.
Some time later the company loses contact with the colony and they want her to go there as an advisor. She reluctantly agrees and joins a group of space marines sent to check on the colony. When the y get there the colony has been overrun with Aliens and all of the colonists are dead, except one, a little girl.
Shit hits the fan and Ripley and the marines have to escape the planet while protecting the little girl. Eventually they find away to get back to their ship but as a call back an Alien managed to escape with them. Eventually Ripley blasts it into space. The movie ends as they return to hypersleep once again as a call back to the original.
>>
>>83325038
Terd, I am your father.
>>
>>83324943
Actually only the first one of each. Aliens and T2 are the same as the originals only with extra cheesy drama and over the top action.
>>
File: IMG_5159.jpg (30KB, 250x288px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5159.jpg
30KB, 250x288px
OP here, this in movie form would make a great first sequel to Alien
>>
I'd keep alien but with the eggmorphing
ALIENS the same as the eggmorphihing would be used when a xeno is alone and there's no queen.
Basically the eggmorhping is a way to create another queen.
Alien 3 the same but making hiks survive and killing him then, and the alien would be the same as the first one, no runner shit
Alien Resurrection: No sigourney and instead of a clone of hers, clones of the Space Jockey
Prometheus more like Alien Engineers, making them a different race than space jockeys.
>>
>>83325213
>Ripley's daughter
Without that though. Too cheesy.
>>
Alien 2 should have been focused more on the ship and the species that created it. The company should have been thrilled to learn there was this advanced species with that kind of tech and sent a team to figure that shit out. So it would basically be similar to Prometheus, but instead of goo and no Xeno's, there would be all those eggs on the ship and plenty of crazy shit happening. The team should succeed in finding a location of the probable home world of the Alien species, and only a couple members of the team survives the ordeal. They get orders from the company to meet up with a 2nd team on route to the homeworld. This is the 3rd movie; basically similar to Covenant, but without the David creates eveything shit. The new cast, once both arrive, descend to the planet. The twist? Turns out it is actually the Xeno's homeworld, and the giant species they assumed was from there were actually created by the Xeno's to pilot their "seed ships" to habitable planets. So this movie basically revolves around the cast discovering Xeno society. I picture it kind of like the game "Another World", so maybe the entire cast dies quickly except for one person, and they try to sneak around the homeworld looking for a way off, maybe even befriending a more gentle Xeno along the way.
>>
STOP THINKING ABOUT "UNIVERSES"

TOLKIEN UNIVERSE
MARVEL UNIVERSE
ALIEN UNIVERSE WITH OR WITHOUT ALIEN 3 HURR
STAR WARS UNIVERSE DURR RUINED BY PREQUELS DERP

JESUS CHRIST YOU FAGS

STOP BEING SUCH HORRIBLE ESCAPIST CUNT

THINK OF THE STORY, THINK OF WHERE IT LEADS TO, ON THE CATHARSIS, THE EPIPHANY, THE MENTAL WEALTH, YOU CAN IGNORE ANYTHING THAT YOU LIKE AND PAY ATTENTION TO ANYTHING THAT YOU LIKE

THAT'S ALL THERE IS TO IT

YOU ARE GIVING THESE JEWS MONEY JUST SO THAT THEY CAN PUT YOU IN ANOTHER "UNIVERSE"

THAT SHIT AIN'T ANOTHER UNIVERSE, THOSE GUYS ARE SWIMMING IN MONEY AND YOU ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT A FICTIONAL CONTINENT

HONESTLY, BE A FUNDAMENTALIST CREATIONIST FAGGOT, BELIEVE IN FAIRIES, WATCH ANCIENT ALIENS AND IT WILL STILL BE MORE HEALTHY TO YOU THAN THINKING OF MOVIE, BOOK AND COMIC BOOK UNIVERSES

YOU ARE NO BETTER THAN MLP FAGGOTS

WHY CAN'T YOU BE GODDAMN NORMAL? FUCK YOU MANCHILDREN, GROW UP
>>
>>83325187
I love T2 though, like Aliens it uses the same concept from its predecessor and tweaks it in such a way that makes it acceptable as a sequel but also technically a remake. Such an approach can only work once of course, and they did it pretty much seamlessly.

I prefer Alien over Aliens though, and I love T1. Kyle Reese is a criminally underrated protagonist played wonderfully by Michael Biehn.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.