[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT FUCK YOU I LIKED IT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

File: star_trek.jpg (584KB, 1640x1160px) Image search: [Google]
star_trek.jpg
584KB, 1640x1160px
>>
>>83324792
I enjoyed the first two, but Jesus Christ the last one sucked.

I liked the first one, thought the second was better, than the third was just a steaming pile of garbage for me. I don't remember anything from it.

Saw them all at my local kinoplex.
>>
>>83325977

liked beyond a lot more than into darkness tbqh
>>
>>83324792
Into darkness is dogshit but I really like the first one.
>>
I really like how Spock is a river flowing with emotions of violence and assault now.
>>
>>83326011
Maybe I will rewatch them tonight. That's what I keep hearing on here is that people liked Beyond better, I just don't see it though.
>>
The first was fine but Into Darkness was just baffling to me. It was basically an attempt to make a Star Trek version of The Dark Knight that's also a remake of Wrath of Khan. Beyond was pretty good desu
>>
>>83324792
As a lifelong trekkie,
2009 was fine.
Into Darkness was dogshit
Beyond was okay.
>>
>>83325977
3>1>2

The second one was the worst one by far. I don't see what you liked about it better than the other two. Just for clarity, are you a fan of the shows? Specifically TOS and TNG.
>>
>>83324792
>>83326345
As generic space action movies with a Star Trek skin they're all right, and I enjoyed them because any Trek is good Trek, I'll even suffer through garbage like Nemesis for the scraps of decent character moments. I wish someone had the cojones to actually make a Star Trek film in the JJverse, with slower pacing, more cerebral story and smarter characters. I don't even mind dumb shit like Kirk's Beastie Boys obsession and Scotty's minion, or Spock being constantly on the fucking rag. Just take what's established and spin it into something that isn't just special effects jizz.
>>
>>83326407
I've seen every episode of every series.more than twice, with TNG and TOS probably being closer to 4 or 5 times each. I've even watched TAS... Some of it

I'm thinking it's because I went into the second one with no expectations, and went into the third expecting a bit more.

From a Trek fan standpoint, I liked the second better, mainly because all I could remember from the third was that it didn't feel at all like Star Trek.
>>
>>83324792
>star trek fans love Wrath of Khan
>it takes an established continuity villain and creates a true intelligent ruthless nemesis for Kirk
>it plays on the relationships between the Enterprise crew who have been friends sharing adventures for decades onscreen
>Kirk losing Spock is a huge gut punch because of the long friendship and comradery between the two
>let's introduce the miranda class starship which fits into the starfleet ship design continuity and style, a contemporary ship for the constitution class

>we don't have any established continuity but fuck it let's just remake wrath of khan
>nobody in this universe knows who khan is or why he matters
>fans of the new movies don't know who khan is or why he matters
>the entire enterprise crew just met one movie ago and barely know each other
>le reverse spock death with kirk when the two barely know or care about each other and are constantly shitting on each other instead of even being respectfully friendly
>kirk resurrected 30 seconds later
>nothing fucking matters
>oh and khan's ship is just a big black enterprise with jaggy shit all over it
>and we smashed it into san francisco better not mention this ever again
>blowing up the enterprise is now mandatory in every movie

fuck into darkness so much
>>
>>83326549
The first half of Beyond felt a lot like a longer, more modern TOS away mission episode to me.
>>
>>83326793
This. Though, the only thing that I don't like about Wrath of Khan is that Kirk and Khan never actually meet.
>>
>>83326894
there was no reason for Kirk and Khan to meet. Theirs was a battle of wits, not bodies.
>>
>>83326894
The fuck are you on about? They met 12 years before.
>>
>>83324792
King Arthur. Critics have lost their fucking minds.
>>
>>83327122
In the movie I mean, you dip.
Sorry, I should've made that clear, anon
>>
>>83327143
That movie was shit though, Armond.
>>
>>83327157
Not him, but I was OK with Kirk and Khan not meeting face-to-face. It gave it a much more naval battle in space sort of feel.
>>
into darkness is unironically one of the worst movies ever made
>>
>>83327195
Agree to disagree. I thought it was the most entertaining pure fantasy piece since LotR.
>>
>>83327228
This desu. The space battle between Kirk and Khan is pure kino, I really love how slow paced and "real time" it feels. Feels much more real than watching a bunch of ships zoom around and fire lasers at a cube. It gives both ships so much more weight and believability.
>>
>>83327157
I like that they don't meet, it forces Kirk to try and beat him with wits instead of a pipe.
>>
OFFCIAL CORRECT OPINION COMING THROUGH

1 was good
2 was irredeemably shit and made me want them to stop
3 was awesome and made me want more
all hat shit villains
>>
>>83327262
That says a lot about the shitty movies you have yet to see.
>>
File: IMG_0835.jpg (87KB, 825x377px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0835.jpg
87KB, 825x377px
>>83324792
When you turn Kahn into Spock and Spock into a stoic man-child
>>
File: IMG_8546.jpg (83KB, 655x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8546.jpg
83KB, 655x360px
>>83324792
Comedy kino
>>
It really bugged me how leading up to Into Darkness, they lied about Cunberbatch not being Khan. Just left a bad taste in my mouth.
>>
>>83327486
>Spock into a stoic man-child
>stoic
>>
>>83327512
t. Dwayne
>>
>>83327321
It's basically the "Run Silent, Run Deep" of Star Trek movies. A legitimate masterpiece.
>>
>>83327512
>6" vs 5'11
>>
File: 50-for-50.jpg (114KB, 780x437px) Image search: [Google]
50-for-50.jpg
114KB, 780x437px
Would you?
>>
>>83324792
What? First ST was solid 9.5 kino.
>>
>>83327549
Stoic as in the cold emotionless logic was more of a facade than his actual personality.
>>
>>83327645
Reminder that Suicide Squad won an Oscar for hair & makeup over this
>>
File: classic.png (1020KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
classic.png
1020KB, 970x545px
>>83324792
KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA[SPOILER]CAN'T STAND IT I KNOW YOU PLANNED IT[/SPOILER]
>>
>>83327631
>6"
tfw im suddenly taller than Dwayne.
>>
File: k i n o.jpg (135KB, 1000x741px) Image search: [Google]
k i n o.jpg
135KB, 1000x741px
>>
>>83327662
My point is that in into darkness he didn't even have a facade of cold emotionles logic. He's constantly emotional.
>>
File: Suicide Squad -Killer Croc.jpg (21KB, 499x299px) Image search: [Google]
Suicide Squad -Killer Croc.jpg
21KB, 499x299px
>>83327711
Reminder that pic related was what it won for, and it was legit fucking great.
>>
>>83324792
like the art direction their going with with the remakes, actually quite hyped for star trek discovery because of it.
>>
>>83327896
Why do you have such shit taste?
>>
>>83324792
The first one wasn't bad, but Into Darkness was terrible.
The endlessly repeating "rollercoaster" of HOLY SHIT EVERYONE'S ABOUT TO DIE followed immediately by some deus ex machina shit got old really fast.

I haven't seen Beyond
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.