[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: you'retearingmeapart.jpg (43KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
you'retearingmeapart.jpg
43KB, 720x1080px
What went wrong?
>>
Pretty much all of my childhood and adolescence.
>>
>>83318399
not enough sex due to Christianity
>>
>>83318399
he took the blackpill
>>
Cool movie. Simple, and definitely padded out, but the small point it makes is nice and lasting.
>>
>>83318399
Limited distribution.
Not putting Charlie Kaufman's name in big, bold letters above the title.
Hell, not literally calling it Charlie Kaufman's Anomalisa.
The Academy Awards being bought out by Disney every year.
>>
File: literally me.jpg (370KB, 808x625px) Image search: [Google]
literally me.jpg
370KB, 808x625px
>its a Charlie Kaufman flick
>>
Was the girl real or did he just spend the weekend with a weird Asian sextoy?
>>
>>83318399
Nothing, it was just a little less (thematically) ambitious than Synecdoche. Still a good film with some really gorgeous animation
>>
>>83318856
>The Academy Awards being bought out by Disney every year.
you're giving a lot of credit to the Academy

fact of the matter is they mostly just don't give a shit about animation and dismiss it as trash for kids

they very rarely actually watch all the nominees for best animated picture, and generally vote for whichever one their kids liked best
>>
>>83318903
Sex toy, apparently. Hence why his cum was spilling out of it at the end.
>>
>>83318903
>>83318994
that's an interesting interpretation that i hadn't heard or thought of before

what reason do you folks have to believe that Lisa wasn't real?
>>
>>83318399
Nothing other than terrible marketing. Excellent film, looks gorgeous and genuinely heartfelt and moving.
>>
>>83318399
They could have made anything they wanted with those creepy puppets and they made that stupid shit. Frame by frame.

>Okay, here, let's move this flabby guy's dong here
>Okay, next, let's move this guy's flab here
>>
>>83318962
>they very rarely actually watch all the nominees for best animated picture
You mean watching all of them ISN'T a prerequisite for voting? The fuck??
>>
>>83319035
There was an anon that explained it all in detail on the imdb forums. You might be able to find it on that archive site, it was a huge thread.
>>
>>83319144
the only prerequisite for voting is to be a voting member of the Academy. they're not actually required to watch the films.
>>
>>83318856

Inside Out was a lot better than this faggy bullshit
>>
>>83319035
Google up the Anomalisa doll theory
>>
ambitionless, chamber shallow remake of his old work
dude dolls have sex lmao so mature and frail ;_;
fucked up distribution (wasn't even properly released in my country because muh oscars)
>>
>>83318399
Dan Harmon is an idiot.
>>
>>83318399
It was a boring pretentious indie movie with cringy drawn out sex scenes.
>>
>>83319035
>>83319213
>Man, what if [character] wasn't even real?

I got a better theory.

What if
[protagonist] is actually dead and in HELL?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.