[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /tv/ hate this film so much?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 179
Thread images: 11

Why does /tv/ hate this film so much?
>>
I don't. Best in the series.
>>
Mainly because it's well received
>>
Mostly hate it at night, mostly
>>
>>83314487
Who hates it. Saw it when it first ran in the theater.
>>
GET AWAY FROM HER YOU BITCH
>>
Only precious snow flakes hate it
>>
I don't know anyone who hates the movie itself but a lot of people are disappointed in the direction it took and what it turned the alien "franchise" into.
>>
>>83314487
Thats great . thats just fucking great. Now what are we supposed to do!!!
>>
>>83314560

Remade today

GET AWAY FROM SIE YOU XE
>>
>>83314487
Nuke it from Orbit. Its the only way to be sure.
>>
>>83314591
It didn't do anything, every alien movie is completely different
>>
>>83314657
Exactly
>>
>>83314622
Nah, Rippley's a strong female protagonist, she could say anything.
>>
File: hey.jpg (160KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
hey.jpg
160KB, 640x360px
>"hey Aliens, have you ever been mistaken for a good film?"
>"No, have you?"
>>
File: 1359865660387.jpg (53KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1359865660387.jpg
53KB, 500x500px
>>83314982
>Xeno in Alien can't even kill seven unarmed civilians

"perfect organism" my ass
>>
>>83314487
Because hipsters love to be contrarian. Its also the best alien film and one of the most influential sci-fi movies of all time.
>>
>/tv/ says they love James Cameron
>they hate aliens
How?
>>
>>83314487

Being contrarian mouthbreathers that like Alien3 only because Fincher directed it although he himself hates that fucking movie
>>
>>83315276
Why can't you like both? And what does it matter what the director thinks of it?
>>
>>83314487

Because its boring as fuck and offers very little now that every aspect of it has been pilfered, adopted and diluted across every single medium known to man.
>>
>>83314487
test
>>
>>83314487
it's a great flick, but the series deserved a smarter sequel.

it was clearly established, that the alien in part 1 was of exceptional intelligence - that was part of what made it scary.
cameron then turned the species into giant bugs that run into machine gun fire.
>>
>>83317161
It's almost as if they use tactics appropriate to their numbers or something
>>
File: JamesCameron00.jpg (32KB, 425x594px) Image search: [Google]
JamesCameron00.jpg
32KB, 425x594px
>>83314487
It's mainly just edgy fedora fags trying to prove their own intellect by liking a pseudo-intellectual mediocre sci-fi horror and literally Ridley Scott trying to deny the fact James Camron cucked him and became the flagship director for quality movies in the franchise. Scott has been desperately trying to make a come back ever since, but with each failure like Prometheus or Covenant he digs his hole deeper.
>>
>>83317161
>it was clearly established, that the alien in part 1 was of exceptional intelligence - that was part of what made it scary.
cameron then turned the species into giant bugs that run into machine gun fire.

Can you remind me again how the alien died in the first movie? How did Ripley outsmart this exceptionally intelligent organism?
>>
>>83317218
>we have a numerical advantage, better get massacred for no reason since we can afford it
you're retarded
>>
>>83318053
What kind of retard are you? You think these aliens have human senses of morality? You honestly didn't get the queen alien / worker alien hierarchy portrayed in the film? You don't see the benefit of sacrificing one or two aliens to allow the rest to safely overrun the base?

Jesus Christ, the quality of posters on /tv/ is abysmal these days.
>>
>>83314487
The only people who dislike it don't understand it's nuance and basically need a story smashed into their faces.
>>
>>83318171
>we'll safely overrun their base by letting them kill us
>they'll be too busy killing some of us meaning the others will be safe
contain your downs, retard
>>
>>83314487
because it's an action movie without a thick layer of murica
>>
>>83318249
>The tactic they used which worked was stupid and I'm not going to explain why, just call everyone who disagrees a retard
Stay classy.
>>
>>83314487
Alien
Aliens

The rest are garbage and not with watching.
>>
>>83318340
>it worked because of an overwhelming advantage so it was the "appropriate" tactic
>despite the fact that there were possible alternative tactics that didn't involve putting yourself in the exact situation the enemy wanted you to put yourself in
it has nothing to do with class, you're legitimately mentally impaired
>>
>>83318420
why are you people discussing a cut scene as if it's canon?
>>
As far as I'm concerned it's a fun action spin-off movie and the last film in the franchise.
>>
So why did Ripley burn the eggs when the planet was going to blow the fuck up in 5 minutes? Was it autism?
>>
>>83318420
You're the retard in this arguement mate just saying. Ever notice how in team games you play alot better when your teammates aren't around because you aren't relying on anyone else to do their job?
>>
>>83318361
>>83318454
Alien 3 isn't bad at all.
>>
>>83318420
>>despite the fact that there were possible alternative tactics
Name them

>Whycomes ants don't use advanced tactics against termites? They must be retards
>>
Man it's a pretty fun movie man

Mostly autists hate on it, mostly
>>
>>83318482
To piss off the Queen.

Classic autism on your part.
>>
>>83318499
It's one of those depressing, grimy-looking early 90s movies. I can't stand watching it, quality notwithstanding.
>>
>>83318517
>Retard thinks highly intelligent organisms MUST think like humans
Don't bother with him, he's lost
>>
>>83318529
But the queen was letting them leave before Ripley sperged out. Even if they were going to come after her afterwards it was a dumb decision to throw the chance away.
>>
It's one of those hipster opinions, saying Alien 3 is better than Aliens. No one actually believes it but it sounds cool when you say it
>>
James Cameron is a genius. You can't make another horror movie and expect to outdo the first, so you change the genre. This is how you do a fucking sequel.
>>
>>83318517
They could have sent in a single alien and waited for it to kill everyone since one alien is apparently capable of doing that while an army of aliens are only capable of tarding out and running at the enemy.

Yes, ants are retards you retard. If a human was controlling ants the human could probably figure out a more efficient way to fight termites than the ants could. What absolutely moronic point did you think you were making here?
>>
>>83314487
/tv/ doesn't hate it, it's just a pleb opinion that it's better than Alien so they have to exaggerate on "it's not as good" with "it's total shit"
>>
>>83318634
the reason that half the team died was because they swarmed them though, if they sent 1, they woulda noticed the vitals missing, had time to comprehend the situation and gtfo, the swarm made them panic.

also name 1 animal that sends in a John Wick to kill everyone, right, none
>>
File: Ridsdale_555858.jpg (20KB, 218x298px) Image search: [Google]
Ridsdale_555858.jpg
20KB, 218x298px
>>83318634
>ants are retards
>>
>>83318634
>They could have sent in a single alien and waited for it to kill everyone
How would a single alien get past the auto-turrets that were lining all the entrances to the room they were in? That's the whole point of the zerg rush
>>
How come EVERYONE at Weyland Company is an evil jew? is it a job requirement?
>>
>>83318702
>also name 1 animal that sends in a John Wick to kill everyone, right, none
because real species don't somehow start fighting less efficiently when they have a numerical advantage
>>
>>83314487
>LV-426 colony was around for 20 years
>space jockey ship was found near the colony after Ripley was found after 57 years
>nobody found a weird alien ship during 20 years or colony shit and during scans and checks of LV-426 before the colony was set up
>>
>>83318750
The guy from Aliens didn't seem to know much about anything, I'd call him naive rather than evil
>>
>>83317863
Tbh we've now seen if Scott kept the series for every film we'd get a fucked up convoluted lifecycle. People reckon the reason the Alien starts just moving around slowly in the climax and not outright killing Ripley is because it's dying or going into hibernation. It's already turned the other crewmembers into eggs (cut scene) and has no reason to use lots of its energy anymore. This was never established properly as canon and instead we got "they're drones that go out and kill/capture while the queen is the real deal" and the end of Alien seems really weird and anticlimactic
>>
Most arguments against Aliens just seem to be autistic screeching about trivial bullshit.

>REEEEEEEEE Cameron turned them into ants! The milky robot man said the aye lmao was a perfect organism! REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>83318779
Of course they do, every species fights less good in groups because they rely on others?? the whole point in a group is a tactical and numerical advantage, if you have 5 wolves they'll rape a moose but 1 of them could easily get kicked to death for the team, whereas one wolf would probably not take a moose down by itself but it would never put itself in a risky position just to slow the moose down
>>
>>83317161
Except Alien in Alien is clearly not any smarter than the hive in Aliens.
>>
>>83318846

And the marines get their shit pushed with every encounter with the xenomorphs. The survivors barely make it out by the skin of their teeth.
>>
>>83318844
i think you're confused about what you've been trying to argue. you apparently think that wolves should go throw themselves under moose hooves until the moose is tired out from trampling them all as long as they had sufficient numbers that it would work
>>
>>83314487
I think it's time to APOLOGIZE
>>
>>83318785
It was already old enough to fossilize before the events of Alien, it probably wasn't very easily distinguishable from the rock without a visual inspection.

>>83318898
You're the confused one, see >>83318734
>>
>>83315237
No we love Aliens
>>
>>83318898
You ever see nature documentaries about pack animals? notice how they leap onto their backs to slow them down so the rest of the group can catch up and get its neck?
>>
>>83318634
>They could have sent in a single alien and waited for it to kill everyone
Indeed. Aliens are fucking dumb.
>>
Because, while its a great action flick, it's a horrible Alien movie.

It removes all the sexual Giger shit and cosmic horror undertone and replaced it with
>muh Vietnam
>muh rines
and cartoony one-liners. That being said its still really enjoyable, I own both their special editions on blu-Ray and watch them every couple months.
>>
it was ok, but the marine characters were annoying as fuck, I'm glad they all die horribly
>>
>>83318955
>we
>>
>>83318593
>I disagree with x therefore anyone who says they think x is just a hipster lying
I bet you have LOTS of friends
>>
>>83318960
notice how they're slowing their target down in ways that don't get themselves killed for no reason?

>>83318965
if the allies had previously demonstrated they had a supersoldier that could kill everyone at normandy then it would be pretty retarded to just throw guys at normandy, yes. but that wasn't the case so your metaphor is completely nonsensical. i can't tell if you people are just pretending to be retarded or if being an aliensfag is directly correlated with not understanding analogy
>>
>Bishop how much time
>26 minutes
>26 minutes left of the movie
kino
>>
>>83319001
>sexual Giger shit
I guess you were too dumb to notice, but there's all sorts of themes on motherhood and childbirth twisted into Aliens that work on story level, not just vaniga and penis looking monsters.
>cosmic horror undertone
You're able to explain what that is?
If you're dumb as fuck, sure Aliens is just an action movie.
>>
>>83319062
>killed for no reason
Why are you ignoring the turrets? Is it because you have no answer for them?

I'm dismissing you as a troll until you respond to that and suggest everyone else do the same.
>>
>>83319062
Not the wolf guy but where do you get the idea that the xenomorphs are any faster than that anyways?
>>
>>83319062
But the ALien in ALien doesn't show that.
>>
>>83318634

Google "swarm attack" you retard. Its a legitimate effective tactic even used by naval militaries
>>
>>83319062
>Xenomorph in Alien is a supersoldier that killed everyone
>Civilians
>unarmed
>with an AI constantly trying to screw them over to assist the alien
>it still didn't manage to kill everyone and died because it took a nap
>>
>>83319062
Alien is not a supersoldier. The colonists had weapons and were defending themselves (they've even captured a facehugger). Marines presented the danger to the hive and it makes sense that the hive would want to destroy them quickly.
>>
>>83319085
Motherhood and childbirth do not correlate well with fucking rape. Everyone can understand those themes, they just don't convey the FEAR of sexuality and rape that alien does (listen to lambert's death again and you know what I mean)
>>
>>83319189
I forget, why was Mother trying to assist the alien??
>>
>>83319320
Programming.
>>
>>83319137
If you've established that you are much better at killing people by sneaking around than swarming them then it's stupid to swarm them. You're just apparently so dumb your thought process goes something like "there swarm things was good so swarm things always good. make sense. now i feeling compelled to go on internet and defend Aliens with flawed metaphors".

>>83319114
>we've established that we can bust through walls and sneak around vents and shit very effectively
>but here i see no possible option other than to walk down this corridor

>>83319216
the hive should want them to be destroyed surely, not quickly. which involves not sending your soldiers that seem to have evolved for covert ops to be cannon fodder
>>
>>83319433
Poke your finger in an anthole and see what happens, they didn't want ANYTHING getting near their queen. So they swarmed
>>
>>83314487
contrarian meme
>person 1: man [thing] is great
>person 2: yeah I sure do love [thing]
>person 3: You like [thing] too? So do I!
>person 1: [thing] is fucking terrible
>person 2: Yeah I hate [thing] and always have.
>>
>>83319433

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swarming_(military)

I guess you are smarter than so many millitary leader's. How can i continue to argue on the internet on 4chan of all places with such an unrivalled genius? Im sorry
>>
>>83319320
Their contract had a clause saying if they picked up a signal they had to go and investigate it, so she diverted and woke up the crew. She also received the same orders as Bishop to get a sample of the alien and that the crew was expendable.

>>83319433
>>we've established that we can bust through walls and sneak around vents and shit very effectively
They sealed up all the vents, and it's strong but it isn't Juggernaut. And it couldn't get to the walls, because they were covered by the turrets. Why are you being so obtuse?
>>
>>83314487
I want to fuck Vasquez
>>
>>83319557
there might be situations where swarming is correct. this fact does not somehow always make swarming a reasonable option. i've explicitly pointed this out. what kind of ant brained retard are you that this is so hard for you to understand?

>>83319558
>Why are you being so obtuse?
because a) you're making a bunch of assumptions to justify deciding to run down a corridor and get gunned down when we've seen they function much better in other situations and b) you're deflecting away from the main reason i joined this conversation. which was just to point out that the guy who thought something working regardless of efficiency implies it's correct and reasonable is retarded.
>>
>>83314982

Kek
>>
>>83319845
>there might be situations where swarming is correct.

So like in Aliens then? Fucking hell you sperg
>>
>>83319558
>Bishop
Ash, Bishop was 2/3

>>83319845
They had to get rid of the turrets before they could attack, there was no option except to swarm them and take out the turrets so they could bash down the doors at their own leisure. The only alternative you've provided is "well they should just gone through the walls", which is just ignoring the problem that they couldn't get to the walls without taking out the turrets.
>>
I am mad as fuck about the new Alien: Prometheus 2 movie but Alien and Aliens together create one of the best Science Fiction stories created and fuck anybody who doesn't agree.

3 was tolerable. Fuck the rest. Fuck Prometheus and fuck Ridley Scott. Somebody call James Cameron I want him back.
>>
>>83319217

All sex is a form of rape. You're forcing your penis inside a woman over and over again to pollinate her flower.
>>
>>83319977

Resurrection was the best Alien film. Better effects and better designs
>>
File: 1397708455335.jpg (106KB, 1280x688px) Image search: [Google]
1397708455335.jpg
106KB, 1280x688px
Why does Ridley make these pointless, atrocious prequels? Everybody would love a different Alien 3 with an older Newt
>>
>>83319433
>which involves not sending your soldiers that seem to have evolved for covert ops to be cannon fodder
This assumption is flawed. You are assuming that all XX121s are alike and are all bred for being sneaky. Is it really so hard to believe that Drones are, by design, sneaky and intelligent but Warriors are not? The presence or lack of a Queen obviously affects their physiology and reasoning skills.
>>
>>83314657
You're right.
Alien is a masterpiece
Aliens is absolute shit
Alien 3 is good
Alien: Ressurection is retarded
Prometheus is fucking horrible
Alien: Covenant is a trainwreck

Like you said, every Alien movie is different.
>>
>>83320021
>Everybody would love a different Alien 3 with an older Newt
What do you mean? Newt was a corpse in Alien 3

And if you meant Aliens, I don't want a remake any more than a prequel. Anything after Resurrection would do me fine.
>>
>>83319902
>be faced with argument that swarming is not reasonable for a given situation
>tard out and start sperging about how swarming is an Official Military Strategy TM and therefore if you don't think it should be applied you're directly at odds with the US military
if you wanted to argue that swarming was a good idea there specifically you should have done that instead of being an idiot

>>83319949
they're not forced to walk up to the turret covered front door and knock that down
>>
>>83314487
because it ruined the xeno by turning it into cannon fodder and turned ripley into a "badass" proto Sarah Connor, instead of just a smart but regular person like in the original
>>
>>83320141

You really are thick as pig shit arent you? Swarming was obviously the correct thing to do since it worked. Why would the perfect organism have human morals? Why would it feel remorse or regret for sacrificing 1, 10, 100, 1000 of themselves for the the end mission?

You are applying human morals and thinking to a fucking alien killing machine and then crying and sperging out when i show you how its even a tactic that HUMANS use.

So stop trying to twist and change what the alien is to fit your dumb as fuck argument. Its one or the other and in both situations you havent even provided a reasonavle alternative or displayed any rational points
>>
>>83314560
Upvoted XD
>>
>>83320257
>Swarming was obviously the correct thing to do since it worked
are you the original retard? i don't want to believe there are multiple people in this thread retarded enough to still believe working implies correct even after it was explicitly pointed out it doesn't follow

>You are applying human morals and thinking to a fucking alien killing machine
no i'm not. you're just repeating that because you're not capable of responding coherently to anything i've actually said and just try to deflect when i point out your 'arguments' are just you sperging out without implying anything you think you are
>>
>>83320391

Cant even be bothered to repeat myself since you actually havent given any counter argument at all. Answer the questions and not just cherry picking one or two sentences out next time
>>
>>83320477
>ask loaded questions based on wrong assumptions
>waaaah why aren't you answering my retarded questions instead of pointing out the reason they're retarded waaaaah
>>
>>83320141
>they're not forced to walk up to the turret covered front door and knock that down
Yes they are, the movie established that, and you're ignoring it.

>>83320391
There are at least 3 people pointing out what a retard you are.
>>
>>83319001
Wrong again. Oh, the faggotry...
>>
>>83320043
You mixed up 2 and 3 :)
>>
File: sigh.jpg (7KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
sigh.jpg
7KB, 275x183px
>there are some people on this board who unironically think the assembly cut of Alien 3 is better then Aliens
>>
>>83319217
Giger's work addressed pregnancy and reproduction way more than rape-themes.
>>
>>83318750
Alien was making a point about capitalism and corporations being evil and inhuman. Aliens argues capitalism and corporations are good but sabotaged by corrupt individuals like Burke. Prometheus and Covenant are a story about how a corporate head creates Satan and dooms humanity.
>>
>>83314487
I don't hate it.
It's actually pretty good as a Them! remake in space.

I just think that Alien is a far superior movie and Aliens is not a faithful sequel.
>>
>>83320021
because Ridley is fucking butthurt that Cameron's film was a perfect sequel and all his other attempts to take on the Alien franchise are utter garbage
>>
>>83320043
>Alien 3 is good
>3
>good
end yourself in lava faggot
>>
>>83314487
It's would've been a million times better if not for that stupid fucking kid screaming "WRIPLEEEEEEE" every five seconds.
>>
>>83322042
Alien 3 is pleb filter. Aliens is run of the mill action garbage
>>
>>83320516

Wew sorry lad was out so i couldn't reply to your fucking retarded post.

Its not a loaded question. Android man from Alien said its a perfect specimen without conciounce, morals and delusions of mortality. So with this in mind explain how swarming isnt going to be a correct and effect method.
>>
>>83322079
>LE WORST MOVIE IN EVERY ASPECT IS GOOD GUISE BELIEVE ME
fuck you, I bet you even think that turd of Resurrection was great then
>>
>>83322122
>fuck you, I bet you even think that turd of Resurrection was great then

>>83320043
>Alien: Resurrection is retarded
>>
>>83314487
who had the worst death in that one?
>>
>>83322122
>>LE WORST MOVIE IN EVERY ASPECT
This is exactly the sort of criticism I'd expect from someone who didn't like Alien 3.
>>
>>83322198
the alien queen
>>
I hate Ripleys granny hair so fucking much.
>>
The real reason why faggots are all over Alien is becauce of muh *kino cinematography* and its slow takes. As if somehow it makes movie smart too.

The material on which Alien was based was garbage. Everyone at Fox knew it. It was elevated solely on those its production values and Giger designs. It wouldn't exist without Star Wars success. Just as Prometheus and Covenant would exist without Aliens, the movie that matured the franchises themes and forever engraved it in public conscience. Aliens has been copied and reproduce multiple times in all sorts of media. Alien not so much, though it inspired James Cameron to make a sequel.

Also, let it sink that for about 20 years after Aliens release nobody would dare to call Alien better. Only somewhat recently the contrarian faggots and people jealous of Cameron success declared Aliens a dumb action movie and Ridley's film an artistic (?) masterpiece.
>>
>>83314487
/tv/ doesn't hate Aliens, they just know Alien is the better movie.
>>
>>83322336
>matured
I wouldn't call the cheesy motherhood stuff or the disposable one-line wonder marines a step up from Alien.
>>
>>83322336

Reminder that Alien was originally suppose to be a B-movie called Starbeast.
>>
>>83322336
>It was elevated solely on those its production values and Giger designs
Species has Giger's designs too and it's hardly a good movie. Designs are only as good as how well they are portrayed, and that's up to the directing.
>>
>>83318517
>>Whycomes ants don't use advanced tactics against termites? They must be retards

So you're saying it was a bug hunt?
>>
>>83314487
I love this movie. People hate it because it turned a terrifying singular monster into a horde of monsters, thereby cheapening the xenomorph and making it less scary.

I disagree, personally; I feel like anything else would just be a remake of the first movie, and that the xenomorphs aren't any less dangerous than the one in the first movie: it's just that the protagonists are much better prepared to deal with them. I still think there's plenty of tension in the movie: the aliens still kick ass. The marines get slaughtered, and the survivors are horribly outnumbered and only survive by the skin of their teeth. By the end of the movie it's what, only Ripley, Hicks, the girl and the robot?

Other people hate the character Newt, and I can get why people think she's obnoxious, but I think she was a worthwhile addition because she helped explore Ripley's character a little more and made her less one-dimensional. Bishop was a great character, and if Newt was irritating then he more than made up for her.

I like the addition of the Queen Xenomorph. I like the addition of the Colonial Marines. Though the movie leans farther towards being an action movie than a horror movie, it is still wonderfully tense, and it has aged better than Alien. For the most part, James Cameron's special effects have held up well- using a mix of suits and puppets create a very real, but decidedly creepy creature. The alien from the first movie is a dude in a rubber suit: sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

People shit on Aliens for taking the franchise in a shitty, cheap direction but you know what? I think Cameron did a better job of expanding on the universe and the xenomorphs than fucking Ridley Scott himself did with Prometheus and Covenant.
>>
>>83318750
Burke was naive, Amanda Ripley's friend noped after she saw what the alien could do.
>>
>>83315227

Kill yourself and your space bug movie
>>
>>83324402
>People shit on Aliens for taking the franchise in a shitty, cheap direction
bullshit, they can only blame the next flicks for trying to be cashgrabs and shitting on the first 2 movies

the only worthwhile sequel is Isolation and that is a fucking game
>>
>>83318589
>But the queen was letting them leave
She didn't start burning the eggs until one of them opened up. Better to burn them quickly, then try to outrun dozens of facehuggers.
>>
>>83324611
Reminder that the game sucks because the AI is too hard.
t. IGN
>>
>>83324611

Not sure what you're disagreeing with; that's a legitimate complaint people level against Aliens. I'm not saying I agree with it but it's what I've seen come up in discussions on this board.

As for Isolation, it only really works because it's a game- it uses a new, interactive medium and that's what makes it fresh. It's a great fucking game on its own merits and a fantastic addition to the franchise, but if Alien: Isolation was a movie instead of a game, people would complain that it was too similar to the first film.
>>
>>83324611
In what way does Alien 3 shit on the previous 2 movies? I'll wait.
>>
>>83324736
made ripley bald
>>
>>83324736
starting by killing offscreen the characters from the previous movie
>>
>>83324782
I think disliking Alien 3 must be a sign of incurable autism, it seems to have a 100% correlation with being unable to explain your opinions or communicating with human beings properly.
>>
>>83324903
This is my biggest gripe, really. It just felt like lazy screenwriting to me.
>>
>>83314487
/tv/ doesn't hate it they just hate how every alien movie has to be like aliens to be well received by the general public.
>>
>>83321920
What the fuck are you talking about Alien was about sexuality.
>>
>>83314487
Because it is fucking trash
Anyone who likes aliens
>>>/reddit/
Alien fans can stay
>>
>>83322122
Don't post in Alien threads if you haven't seen the directors cut of Alien 3
>>
>>83318750
I really want to the see power vaccum at Weyland Yutani after Peter Weyland died. The shifted their priorities from discovering humanities origin to getting a murderous alien back to Earth.
>>
It's a solid movie on it's own but everything it does Alien does better.
>>
>>83325176
This is why these threads go nowhere. No one understands Alien. Sure there's sexually loaded imagery but it's not the point. The point is that a company kills its employees for the sake of profit.
>>
>>83314487
>2D gimmick supporting characters
>cringeworthy dialogue
>dated effects
>giant alien queen knows how to use an elevator
>>
>>83325176
it can have multiple themes.
1 was about how a megacorporation cares very little about human life because they are so far away from the action.
>>
>>83325406
Weyland Yutani was a giant megacorporation. Peter Weyland funded the trip himself out of his own pocket because he wanted to live forever.
>>83325613
>dated effects
Wrong.
>>
>>83325613
>giant alien queen knows how to use an elevator
hell yeah
>>
>>83314487
Because they are contrarians.
>>
>>83325653
>Wrong.
Can we at least admit that the composite footage of the dropship descending through the atmosphere looks dated as hell?
>>
>>83325768
It looks like every effects shot in Alien 3.
>>
>>83325866
Yeah both movies have effects that never looked good to begin with, what's your point?
>>
>>83325768
That does. However, that's really the only poor special effect in the film. The aliens, especially the queen, look great, especially in motion- with only very, very few exceptions.
>>
>>83325998
>that's really the only poor special effect in the film.
That just makes it stand out more and bother me.
>>
>>83326098
You don't think that's something to be commended? That every where else, the special effects still look great?
>>
>>83324903
Most characters in Alien movies die off-screen, and you see the crash.

Newt wouldn't have contributed anything to the story alive, but as a corpse she provided tension about a possible alien infestation and allowed Ripley to get close to the Doc. And having more marines would have reduced the threat the Alien posed, the whole point was that it was more like 1 (unarmed civilians) than 2 which was basically an action movie.
>>
>>83315148
From the standpoint of who said that, it was more perfect in its morality.
>inb4 dibb fedora
No, of course I do not agree.
>>
>>83314487
>Ripley's plot armor
>stupid company
>stupid colony plot device (just happens to colonize the same random planet; could have just easily made the advanced ship a good reason to go check shit out)
>wasted film on meat head marines that act like children
>literally no mention of the giants
>little girl survived how long by herself?
>bonus situation remained unresolved
>>
I love Alien and Aliens equally. I think they're both excellent examples of their genres. Fuck this zero sum game horseshit.
>>
>>83326490
>>stupid colony plot device (just happens to colonize the same random planet
What's stupid about picking a planet to terraform that's half way between a source of minerals and your home planet?

>rest of the post
Nevermind, clearly a memer
>>
I really hate the "Alien 3 is great if you watch the right version!" meme. Assembly Cut doesn't help an around shit movie. It's jarring that Fincher was involved considering most of the rest of his movies are solid. Was it him or the studio that fucked with Alien 3?
>>
>>83326705
>Nevermind, clearly a memer

>this is a serious thread for serious discussion
kek
>>
>>83326795
>>this is a serious thread for serious discussion
It could have been if not for scum like you who shit up every thread. We used to actually talk about movies and films before you reddit fucks showed up.
>>
>>83318589
The Queen called off the drones, but you can see the sarcastic "fuck you" look on Ripley's face when the egg started to open up as she was backing out. She wanted to make sure there weren't any facehuggers chasing after her at that point, and she needed to send a message to the rest of the Aliens that they done fucked up.
>>
>>83325613
The aliens are sentiment so it makes sense that she would lean or know how.
>>
I think Ridley Scott overdid the amount of long-takes in Alien. It's good in moderation for tense scenes, but if you do it predictably for every little scene it starts to lose its effectiveness real quick, and just makes the movie feel boring and slow.

Like that scene where the facehugger disappears off of Kane's face and they're trying to find it in the med lab. It shows them opening the door and nervously shuffling into the room (from the same camera angle) for over 60 seconds before Dallas knocks over a box as a little jump scare. The movie is completely filled with scenes like that, that just drag on for way too long
>>
>>83314487
Even if you prefer Alien (which I do), most reasonable people will recognize Aliens' greatness. Hating it is just contrarian business as usual.
>>
>>83317161

The only thing the Ayys had experience with at this point was unarmed terrified colonists that probably did nothing but freeze up, scream or try to run. Zerging was what worked for them up to then.
>>
>>83328751
Yup. Also, they change tactics thereafter and use stealth to approach the marines (the fucking walls).
Remember that for the ayylmaos humans are as much as incomprehensible and alien, they have to learn a bit.
The complaints are pointless.
>>
File: 1464848188138.png (17KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1464848188138.png
17KB, 600x600px
>>83328232
>>
>>83329215
the ceiling. They approach from the ceiling
>>
>>83329722
Yeah, sorry. But You get my point.
>>
File: images.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
>>83314657
>every alien movie is completely different
>Completely
Thread posts: 179
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.