[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Studios v Rotten Tomatoes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1220.png (45KB, 264x264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1220.png
45KB, 264x264px
>The critic aggregation site increasingly is slowing down the potential business of popcorn movies.

>The critic aggregation site increasingly is slowing down the potential business of popcorn movies.

>Over the weekend, I heard that some studio insiders want to hold off critic screenings until opening day or cancel them all together (that’s pretty ambitious and would cause much ire, we’ll see if that ever happens). Already, studios and agencies are studying RT scores’ impact on advance ticket sales and tracking.
>>
how about movie studios just stop making shitty garbage all the time then they wouldn't have to worry about the mean old critics
>>
i worked for a research place for a bit and one of the movie survey questions we asked was
Do you care about rotten tomatoe scores and most people said no.
>>
Link
http://deadline.com/2017/05/pirates-of-the-caribbean-5-dead-men-tell-no-tales-baywatch-box-office-weekend-1202102887/
>>
Why don't they just shut the shit down? How hard can it be when you're spending half a billion on a film and you can't shut down a random site?
>>
>>83313147
They need a new scapegoat now that the whole piracy thing isn't working anymore
>>
>>83313106
Wait I posted the same sentence twice oops
>>
I hate movie critics. I despise them. In fact I completely loathe them and the increasingly small number of people who follow their work.

I am smart enough to make my own decisions about movies. I don't need some arrogant, pretentious cunt who failed in the movie industry to tell me what to think.

Critics are the people who can't. You don't have to look far to find a failed movie career in their past.

I also aesthetically hate the RT logo and hate seeing it plastered on my DVD and blurays
>>
>>83313138
Woah let's not go too far anon, might as well ask them to cure cancer
>>
>>83313106
>Disney starts to lose their grip on critics after exploiting to death in 2015 and 2016
>WHOA ANUDAH SHOAH JUST SHUT IT DOWN
>>
File: bought critics.jpg (125KB, 758x876px) Image search: [Google]
bought critics.jpg
125KB, 758x876px
I won't shed any tears if RT goes. Fuck "critics" (see: angry liberals and manchildren).
>>
File: armond white tv.jpg (19KB, 300x279px) Image search: [Google]
armond white tv.jpg
19KB, 300x279px
>>83313266
In Armond I trust.
>>
>RT says a movie is good
>it's usually good
>RT says a movie is bad
>it's usually bad
What's the problem again?
>>
File: 1449353761592.gif (1MB, 270x150px) Image search: [Google]
1449353761592.gif
1MB, 270x150px
>>83314958
>>RT says a movie is good
>>it's usually good
>>RT says a movie is bad
>>it's usually bad
>>
>>83313266
>i am smart enough to make my own decisions about movies
If you like a shitty new DC flick, then I feel sorry for you, your statement is not correct.

Critics the majority of critics are not people who couldn´t succeed in the industry, in fact, they are part of it, in another way; critics are the people who give the decision of who deserves the most special film awards, and with that, they show that they know how to tell a good movie from a bad one
>>
>>83313106
That's kinda surprising because scores have gotten inflated as fuck once rotten tomatoes started counting sites like buzzfeed as legitimate critics.
>>
It was a good idea until they started aggregating bloggers and podcasts that made all their money with ad revenue. The studios spending the most in online advertisements found a way to buy apparent praise while looking totally legit.
>damn this doctor strange flick is a piece of sh...
>oh you want us to pull out the banners?
>o-ok maybe it's a 6.000000001/10, here have your tomatoe
Now it's completely worthless
>>
>>83314958

>Mousehunt is rotten

Fuck you and your ancestors
>>
>>83314958
Literally the opposite.
>>
>>83314958
Explain Man of Steel and BvS then
>>
>>83316148
I like it, but I wouldn't say it's a good movie
>>
>>83316312
They're abysmal.
>>
>>83316357

Well you and your opinion can go fuck themselves
>>
>Warner Brothers own 30% of Rotten Tomatoes
>Warner Brothers put review embargo's on their movies because of bad Rotten Tomatoes reviews.

the top dogs at WB really are fucking idiots
>>
>>83316312

MoS was mediocre and BvS was incoherent hot garbage.
>>
>>83316312
>doesn't understand the word 'usually'
>>
>>83316542
>another disney shills doesn't know how rotten tomatoes work
They don't have reviewers themselves
>>
>>83316542

Warner is such a fucking huge company they probably don't even realize they do, or would have to pass the order through so many chains of command and subsidiaries it's just outright impossible.
>>
>>83316797

but they are in a position to influence which reviews are used to calculate the Rotten Tomatoes scores.
>>
>>83314958
You're a retard.
>>83316277
And you.
>>83316312
And so are you.
>>
>>83316831
No, they aren't. They don't even have enough shares to control the site
>>
>>83314958
>he doesn't know about their jarring disconnect with the FANS
I just want raunchy R-rated summer fun and laughs to be appreciated
>>
>>83316542
>>83316797
>>83316831
Pretty much every major studio has their hand in news organisations who review movies, as well as other websites.
It's so fucking ridiculous that you morons think that ONLY ONE multi-national, multi-billion dollar media conglomerate is buying off critics especially when the one company that is defending as to not doing it has garbage movies like Fantastic Beasts and The Hobbit movies with grossly overrated review scores and were even caught influencing review scores for their video game publishing brand.
Idiots.
>>
just make good movies lmao
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.