[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tv/ is Godard a meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: godard.jpg (15KB, 225x320px) Image search: [Google]
godard.jpg
15KB, 225x320px
/tv/ is Godard a meme?
>>
no, but:

late Godard > early Godard
>>
godard was once a maoist who championed the murderous ideology of mao zedong and the khmer rouge. we condemn griffith and riefenstahl of their political sins, but griffith serioiusly tried to prove he was not a hater after 'birth of a nation'. and riefenstahl insisted she loathed nazism but had simply done as told. maybe they were full of shit but at least they tried to publicly distance themselves from extreme politics.

not godard who espoused the most extreme, murderous, and destructive form of leftism. film scholars, so outraged about long dead griffith and long irrelevant riefenstahl, never demanded of godard to face up to his past sins. unlike kurosawa and bergman who candidly confessed their cowardice in face or approval of, respectively, japanese militarism and nazism, godard has never ever apologized in general, or in specific to the countless victims of the tyrants he supported with all his heart.

godard celebrated and championed mao's total destruction of culture and intellectual life and the khmer rouge that transformed camodia overnight into a genocidal stone age marxist state. fuck that piece of shit.
>>
>>83311585
Nouvelle Vague Godard > Communist Godard >Early Godard
>>
File: Godard Pipe.jpg (164KB, 1401x788px) Image search: [Google]
Godard Pipe.jpg
164KB, 1401x788px
>>83311540
I have Band a parte in it's Netflix sleeve sitting on my desk waiting to be watched. I really enjoy his movies that I've seen so far. I'm trying to see a bunch of them before he dies so I won't have to just pretend I was a huge fan.

Vivre sa Vie > Breathless > Contempt > Masculine Feminine > Pierrot le Fou > Alphaville
>>
how could godard living in a free democratic society not have known about the evils of maoism? that during godard's maoist period, the cultural revolution raged in china leading to burning of nearly all books in universities, destruction of priceless ancient treasures, torture and murder of professors and intellectuals, violence in the streets and wars between students and soldiers which led to death of millions? leni had hitler breathing down her neck and had no choice. godard had a choice. but he willingly sided with mao who had killed at least 40 million people by the late 60s.

surely godard saw news documentaries and knew that commie pageantry was far bigger and more hysterical than anything staged by hitler. surely he knew maoism was a form of xenophobic cultish fascism. yet, why did this man throw his lot with mao? mao's agricultural policies were disastrous. during the great leap forward 30 million chinese died. while the population doubled under mao thanks to his forbiddance of family planning and contraception, food production was about the same in the 70s as it was in the 50s. when deng came to power, in one year china's agricultural output doubled!! in one goddamn year!!! yet, in first name carmen, godard glibly said 'mao was a great cook. he fed a billion people' and this asshole lowlife is considered a great genius, a moral beacon.

he's a scumbag worse than leni and as long as you hipster fucks continue to wipe his infantile spoiled ass, don't mess with my bitch leni.
>>
>>83311690
Funfact, Ol' Lennie decided to enjoy the black man buffet when recording her series on the Olympics.
>>
>>83311757
>Lennie
Whoops, nice fuckup, me. Leni.
>>
Godard
>No Oscars
>No Golden Globes
>No People's Choice Awards

Why should I care again?
>>
>>83311690
>Le godard is an evil artist
Nice meme my friend.
>>
>>83311814
He was awarded a Lifetime Achievement Oscar, but he didn't want it.
>>
Yes, he's a meme-director often namedropped by kino-cucks.
>>
>>83311814
also no MTV Movie Awards
>>
>>83311540
His films are shit but his theories are intriguing
>>
>>83312103
no Tony award either

what a fucking hack really

no but really, godard fucking sucks

watch La Chinoise for example
>>
dogard is pussy kino for pussies
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.