[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

He Could Have Saved the Prequels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: darth-maul-main.jpg (260KB, 1200x729px) Image search: [Google]
darth-maul-main.jpg
260KB, 1200x729px
Darth Maul should have remained the main antagonist for at least the first two and a half films. He should have killed Qui Gon and then made his escape after Obiwan was too cowardly to fight him (sort of like Luke hiding in ROTJ). It would set up a lot of resolution to wrap up in the following films when he could spectacularly take him down later on. No pointless Count Dooku.

I'm also not a fan of the comics or the clone wars cartoon either, stupid robotic legs or Mauls idiotic backstory, they make him talk too much and give away too much information, I'm talking about the character on screen in The Phantom Menace. That character could have seemed omnipotent, almost unkillable, like Vader. The prequels could have been saved.
>>
>>83308654
>implying anything would ever have saved us from george's ego

topkek
>>
They also should have went with Darth Jar Jar.
>>
>>83308654

He didn't even save the movie he was in.
>>
>>83308654
Maul was made to sell toys and that' it
The character is a total nonentity, he had no personality or motivation
Kids like OP thought he was cool though and that was all that mattered
>>
>>83308921

He saved the parts of the movie that he was in. Every scene he was in seemed awesome imo. He was almost as cool as Darth Vader.
>>
>>83308654
Fucking underage retard.
The three antagonists of the PT embody aspects of Darth Vader. They're foreshadowing that a child can pick up - just not a retarded child like you, OP.
Maul was the enforcer/Sith apprentice, Dooku was the Lord/converted Jedi, and Grievous was the cyborg/military figure.
Maul looks cool but that's about it. He couldn't have led the Separatists, he wouldn't have shared power or bowed to Dooku, but I'll grant that seeing him go against Anakin would have been pretty fucking cool.
Dooku was essential - he was a former jedi, Qui-Gon's master (so technically like Obi-Wan's grandmaster and Anakin's great-grandmaster), a wealthy and influential hereditary nobleman, and accomplished tactical mind and the second best swordsman until he gets his hands chopped off. Dooku was a tool but he'd have straight sliced Maul in half up the middle.
>>
>>83309013
As cool as Rouge One Vader? Not even possible.
>>
>>83308963
> Maul was made to sell toys and that' it
> The character is a total nonentity, he had no personality or motivation

I thought his visual appearance and behavior spoke louder than words. And he seemed motivated by revenge against the Jedi. His personality was seething with hatred, I viewed him sort of like the Punisher or Robert DeNiro from Taxi Driver, prepared and ready to get revenge. I think there was a lot to the character but it was not all revealed, which is why it was so interesting.

> Kids like OP

I'm almost 40 years old and saw the original ROTJ in the theaters. I played with first generation empire strikes back toys. How old are you?

> thought he was cool though and that was all that mattered

Ok genius, please tell us who made a better villain up to this point that was not in the OT? Adam Driver? Snoke? Jango Fett? I won't hold my breath.
>>
>>83309089
> Fucking underage retard.

I saw ROTJ in the theaters when it first came out, so guess my age asshole. I think you are projecting.

> The three antagonists of the PT embody aspects of Darth Vader. They're foreshadowing that a child can pick up - just not a retarded child like you, OP.
Maul was the enforcer/Sith apprentice, Dooku was the Lord/converted Jedi, and Grievous was the cyborg/military figure.

That is super obvious faggot. My point is that it doesn't work and that Maul and Palpatine should have been the main villains.

> Maul looks cool but that's about it. He couldn't have led the Separatists, he wouldn't have shared power or bowed to Dooku,

Dooku didn't even have to be a thing, or the separatists or the whole plot, which was hot garbage. My point is that it should have been a DIFFERENT plot where Maul and Palpatine were the main villains all the way to the end, when Anakin betrays Obiwan.

> but I'll grant that seeing him go against Anakin would have been pretty fucking cool. Dooku was essential - he was a former jedi, Qui-Gon's master (so technically like Obi-Wan's grandmaster and Anakin's great-grandmaster), a wealthy and influential hereditary nobleman, and accomplished tactical mind and the second best swordsman until he gets his hands chopped off. Dooku was a tool but he'd have straight sliced Maul in half up the middle.

Maul and Dooku could have been fused into the same character. Or Dooku didn't even have to be a character at all. He didn't have much of a screen presence. I never really gave a shit about Dooku or that robot general and I don't think most people did either. They were basically pointless.
>>
>>83308654
>Luke hiding in RotJ
Don't be shit talking Luke, dude popped out five seconds later and immediately BTFO Vader.
>>
Dark Balls looks like an angry clown.
>>
>>83309728
> Don't be shit talking Luke, dude popped out five seconds later and immediately BTFO Vader.

I'm not, I thought it was a great scene, probably the greatest scene in ROTJ. That's why I think it would have been a great character arc to give Obiwan.
>>
>>83309948
Ah, I see now. What a great fight, but I still think Luke/Vader from Empire is the best.

>The force is with you, young Skywalker. But you are not a Jedi yet.
>>
>>83308654
It's almost like Lucas had a larger plan but then gave into public backlash
>>
>>83309751
> Dark Balls looks like an angry clown.

Ok, who would have made a better secondary villain? One that's more like Captain Phasma? A silver storm trooper? Or General Grievace? A coughing CGI robot? What about Count Dooku? An plain old man with a cape? Adam Driver? A whining brat?

Out of all the villains not in the OT, Maul was the best imo.
>>
>>83308654
Probably should have written a character for him at least
>>
>>83308654
Would have liked a more morally gray trilogy but ding dongs decided to make movies for 10 year olds
>>
>>83309167
> As cool as Rouge One Vader? Not even possible.

That was just one scene and it was just a display of CGI. Lucas could have done something similar for Maul easily.
>>
>>83309463
Calm down, papi.
>>
>>83311215
kys.
>>
>>83308654
>stupid robotic legs
but darth vader is a pretty much a robot since a new hope
>>
>>83308654
They should have kept Jar jar as the main sith lord instead of caving in to people bitching about jar Jar.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.