[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

okay /tv/, overall what is you opinion on South Park?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (13KB, 255x197px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
13KB, 255x197px
When I watch it, it seems like it could go well into the culture of 4chan as a whole, but idk if the people here have different opinions or not
>>
>>83304050
Their "both sides are wrong" mentality is annoying as fucks.
>>
Should have been cancelled after Cancelled.
>>
They random humour and just having fun of absurd things happening in the middle of nowhere in Colorado is fun.

Political commentary and topical episodes are cringy
>>
>>83304161
>your not allowed to have an opinion thats not mine:the post
>>
>>83304214
Watch out! Their cringy fanbase will pretend it's not a political show.
>>
>>83304504
Nope, it's a show who promotes the status quo.
Also it's completly part of the establishment but it's still pretending to be anti-establishment.
>>
>>83304050
I really enjoyed South Park for most of its run. But for me, "You're Getting Old" is the finale. I don't know if it's because the show really declined or because I just started high school, but it started losing its charm for me around 2009 and I dropped it completely a year or two later.

Also, I don't know why people praise the overtly political episodes. They're the weakest part of the show imo.
>>
>>83304161
fuck you, I'm sick of this trench mentality of
>you're either with me or your against me

south park isn't a fucking political party, it's just a satire and as such it should make fun of everyone and everything
>>
>>83304050

Classic SP is kino as fuck.

There are a few good episodes sprinkled into recent years, but the last season was some of the worst TV ever aired.
>>
South Park has always been fundamentally reactionary; those pushing for change are wrong no matter what change they push for. Nothing is a bigger crime to Matt and Trey than Giving a Shit. Their ideology is apathetic-libertarian; whether you're on the left or the right, if you're asking me to change my behavior, you suck.
As it stands, the political left tends to push for more change than the political right does; as it stands, Matt and Trey admit they dislike conservatives and "really fucking hate" liberals. It isn't about left or right; it's about change versus comfort. If you're trying to change something, they think you're annoying. And they think you're lame, because caring about stuff is lame.
It's the same attitude that establishes "u mad" and "butthurt" as the ultimate trump cards in internet arguments: caring is for losers, and if you become personally invested in politics you're part of the problem. Uncritical, detached acceptance of the status quo is the only morally upright posture, and those who draw a distinction between is and ought are all smug bullies, outlandish freaks, and/or closed-minded zealots.
It's a show that teaches its audience to become lazy and self-satisfied, that praises them for being uncritically accepting of their own biases, and that provides them with an endless buffet of thought-terminating cliches suitable for shutting down all manner of challenges to their comfort zones.
South Park is a place where you never have to have your assumptions challenged. It's a place where you're always right, you shouldn't bother to think, and the people asking you to change your mind are annoying busybodies and prigs who should just shut up and leave you alone.
South Park is, if you'll excuse the expression...a "safe space."
>>
>>83304625
It never pretends to be anything of the sort. Just becuse it knocks your ideas so.etimes doesn't mean its trying to be anti "establishment."
It's satire.
>>
>>83304050
It's arguably reached Zombie Simpsons level at this point. Apparently Matt and Trey have wanted to end it for a while.

It should be allowed to RIP in Peace.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.