[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who is the best comedian?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: comedy.jpg (311KB, 1225x1225px) Image search: [Google]
comedy.jpg
311KB, 1225x1225px
Who is the best comedian?
>>
>>83302379
>We did it Reddit! The Post
>>
>>83302379
I like Rodney for his shctick. I like Steve's mostly clean humour and his dedication to keeping up to being comical in his own way.
Albert Brooks will always win me over because not enough people talk about his work. And Sam is damn near perfect.

But I'm a Bill Hicks guy. His contempt for people and society is glorious.
>>
If I'm going by that picture, I'd pick Rodney, Murphy, and Hedberg.
>>
>>83302379
Williams standup was never funny.
>>
I feel bad Bill. Just seems like it's too late and he's too old to fuck with him over this shit.
>>
>tfw you realize all standup comedy is bad

It's somewhere above mimes but below consume design in terms of artistic merit. Complaining to a captive audience for an audience for an hour, and getting paid for it. Jewiest thing in the world
>>
File: 1410909421898.jpg (7KB, 220x230px) Image search: [Google]
1410909421898.jpg
7KB, 220x230px
>>83303120
>captive audience
>>
>>83303120
Aside from the antisemitism, I agree. Thier art is refining and polishing thier complaints. Unless they are story tellers, only a few there are captivating enough. I give praise rather to comedic pictures, writers or actors of comedy. It's hard to ignore they're artistic ability. They create new life through thier illustrations and narrations
>>
>>83302614
wrong.

>>83302379
steve martin's early stuff is probably my favourite of those guys though he's by no means the most influential on that list.
>>
>>83302379
I dont care if i get shit for this but imo its chapelle simply because chapelle show is the funniest show ive ever seen and to this day still makes me laugh.
>>
>>83303120

This isn't an original thought, even if you thought that it was. About 12 years ago or so, on an episode of Family Guy, an obviously sterotypical gay character who is teaching a theater class (involving Stewie) pauses at something that he doesn't like, in order to remind the class of "the hierarchy of the performing arts, from best to worst: legitimate theater, musical theater, film, television, stand-up comedy, magic, MIME."

Not claimed to be an exact recount but he says basically the same conceit you just did. Because you heard it there.
>>
File: 12f36tommy1-470014.jpg (22KB, 590x350px) Image search: [Google]
12f36tommy1-470014.jpg
22KB, 590x350px
>>
>>83303552
Never claimed it was an original observation, just a true one.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.