[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Get Out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: getb_out.jpg (36KB, 678x288px) Image search: [Google]
getb_out.jpg
36KB, 678x288px
There was something really off about the atmosphere of this movie

>Meant to be a horror/ mystery film
>Actually just cringie white liberal strawmen dialogue
>Mostly just makes you feel awkward
>Heavy backstory of the protagonist that goes nowhere
>Comic relief is full on slap stick tier

Never know if its supposed to be a badly written, satirical, black comedy or a badly written thriller.
>>

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
>>
>>83301534
>hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I'm not saying it isn't on point bust just imagine the /pol/ strawman equivalent dialogue. It ruins the immersion for me.
>>
>>83301507

Watched it last night. I liked it, and for some reason, the scenes with Run Rabbit Run, as well as Rose drinking milk reslly stuck with me.

I left feeling like this was a reboot of The Spetford Wives.
>>
>>83301507
>>83302083
I also watched it last night. It was fun, but not even remotely scary. It was just a violent comedy. Even the "thriller" parts seemed like they were just making fun of thrillers.

The third act didn't do much for me, though. I thought the explanation for kidnapping the black people was really stupid. Why would the grandparents willingly be servants in their own home?
>>
>>83303567
they were only pretending to be servants when Chris was in the house. They had to put on a ruse. This isn't that hard to figure out.
>>
>>83301507
Get out edgefag.
>>
>>83302083
I think the Director said Stepford Wives was his favourite movie.
>>
>>83302083
The best scene for me was the protagonist discovering the box of photos and the realisation that his girlfriend was in on it too and him trying to deny it when they were all closing in on him. I really felt the characters horror at the extent of the betrayal.
>>
>>83303917
>Get out edgefag.
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>83304024
Forget the actors name but I like him. Good potential, his part in that black mirror episode was pretty raw. From what I saw in that and get out he's pretty good at turning on snivelly tears at a moment's notice
>>
>>83304085
Shills try hard to mimic the way we post but it often comes out as incomprehensible garbage
>>
>>83304731
Daniel Kaluuya
It threw me off at how well he did an African-American accent.
>>83304844
Thanks for clearing that up.
>>
dude blacks who don't hate whites are brainwashed uncle toms lmao the movie
>>
>>83305499
>dude blacks who don't hate whites are brainwashed uncle toms lmao the movie

Its more a criticism of liberal tokenism albeit done poorly.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.